Male HQ

Golf Discussion 2, Golf Joke, Quote, Etc

Golf quote:

Golf is a fascinating game. It has taken me nearly forty years to discover that I can't play it.

~Ted Ray, Golf – My Slice of Life, 1972

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Golf quote:

If there is any larceny in a man, golf will bring it out.

~Paul Gallico

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Golf joke: Couples alternate shot

A husband reluctantly agreed to play in the couples' alternate shot tournament at his club.

He teed off on the first hole, a par four, and blistered a drive 300 yards down the middle of the fairway.

Upon reaching the ball, the husband said to his wife, "Just hit it toward the green, anywhere around there will be fine."

The wife proceeded to shank the ball deep into the woods.

Undaunted, the husband said, "That's OK, Sweetheart" and spent the full five minutes looking for the ball. He found it just in time, but in a horrible position. He played the shot of his life to get the ball within two feet of the hole. He told his wife to knock the ball in.

His wife then proceeded to take her putter out and knock the ball off the green and into a bunker.

Still maintaining composure, the husband summoned all of his skill and holed the shot from the bunker.

He took the ball out of the hole and while walking off the green, put his arm around his wife and calmly said, "Honey, that was a bogey five and that's OK, but I think we can do better on the next hole."

To which she replied, "Listen asshole, don't bitch at me, only 2 of those 5 shots were mine."

Golf joke: Golfing Lawyer

A chap was teeing off and hit a lousy ball onto the next fairway and en route struck another golfer on the head.

He shouted at the lousy hitter,

"I am a lawyer and this will cost you, maybe 5000.00."

The golfer yelled back, "I am sorry bit I did shout FORE"

The lawyer replied, "OK I will take it!!!"

Golf quote:

Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic.

~Author Unknown

Golf quote:

It's easy to see golf not as a game at all but as some whey-faced, nineteenth-century Presbyterian minister's fever dream of exorcism achieved through ritual and self-mortification.

~Bruce McCall

Golf quote:

Forget your opponents; always play against par.

~Sam Snead

Golf quote:

I guess there is nothing that will get your mind off everything like golf. I have never been depressed enough to take up the game, but they say you get so sore at yourself you forget to hate your enemies.

~Will Rogers

Golf quote:

If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death.

~Sam Snead

Golf quote:

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.

~Arnold Palmer

Golf quote:

Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness.

~William Wordsworth

Golf quote:

The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him laughing.

~Phyllis Diller

Golf quote:

If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is.

~Horace G. Hutchinson (1859-1932)

Golf quote:

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

~Gardner Dickinson

How in the world did you find so many golf quotes?

Yes, there are some numbers of golf quotes available.

Golf quote:

A game in which you claim the privileges of age, and retain the playthings of childhood. ~Author unknown, variation of a famous non-golf quotation by Samuel Johnson "It is a hopeless endeavour to unite the contrarieties of spring and winter; it is unjust to claim the priveleges of age, and retain the play-things of childhood."

(Thanks, Frank Lynch)

Golf quote:

Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: taking long walks and hitting things with a stick.

~P.J. O'Rourke

Golf quote:

The sport of choice for the urban poor is basketball. The sport of choice for maintenance level employees is bowling. The sport of choice for front-line workers is football. The sport of choice for supervisors is baseball. The sport of choice for middle management is tennis. The sport of choice for corporate officers is golf. Conclusion: The higher you are in the corporate structure, the smaller your balls become.

~Author Unknown

Golf quote:

Golf gives you an insight into human nature, your own as well as your opponent's.

~Grantland Rice

Golf quote:

[T]o play golf is to spoil an otherwise enjoyable walk. ~Attributed to "the Allens," as quoted by H.S. Scrivener in Lawn Tennis at Home and Abroad, 1903, Arthur Wallis Myers, ed., commonly attributed to Mark Twain as "Golf is a good walk spoiled."

(Thanks, Garson O'Toole of quoteinvestigator.com!)

Golf quote:

Eighteen holes of match or medal play will teach you more about your foe than will 18 years of dealing with him across a desk.

~Grantland Rice

Golf quote:

Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

~A.A. Milne

Golf quote:

When I die, bury me on the golf course so my husband will visit.

~Author Unknown

Golf quote:

If you break 100, watch your golf. If you break 80, watch your business.

~Joey Adams

Golf quote:

Duffers who consistently shank their balls are urged to buy and study Shanks – No Thanks by R.K. Hoffman, or in extreme cases, M.S. Howard's excellent Tennis for Beginners.

~Henry Beard, Golfing, 1985

Golf quote:

They throw their clubs backwards, and that's wrong. You should always throw a club ahead of you so that you don't have to walk any extra distance to get it.

~Tommy Bolt, about the tempers of modern players

Golf joke: Russian roulette

1st man: My wife had a great idea that I take up a new sport for the summer.

2nd man: Well that's great, she truly does has your interests at heart. What did she suggest golf "

1st man: No, but do you know how to play Russian Roulette"

Golf joke: Irish golfer

A golfer was on vacation in Ireland and while playing he made a hole-in-one. With that a leprechaun jumps out from the trees and says, "I am the lucky leprechaun of the 13th hole. I'll grant you

any wish."

The player thought a bit and said, "Could you make me weeny a bit larger"

"Wish granted." says the leprechaun, as he skips away.

Well, by the time he got to the 14th tee it was showin' below his shorts.

He continued his game and on the 15th hole it was draggin' along behind him.

By the 18th he could hardly make it to the green.

He went straight to the pro shop and asked the pro how to fix it. He was told that legend has it that you must go back and make another ace and see the leprechaun again.

After purchasing five buckets of balls he made his way back to the 13th and frantically began hitting shot after shot until finally he made the hole-in-one.

Again the leprechaun offered any wish.

The player asked, "Could ya make me legs a bit longer"

Golf joke: Golf again

"You're going out to play golf again" his wife complained.

"I'm only doing under doctor’s orders." replied her husband.

"Do I look stupid to you" she screamed.

"But it’s true," he said, walking out the door. "He specifically told me I should get some iron everyday."

Golf quote:

The number of shots taken by an opponent who is out of sight is equal to the square root of the sum of the number of curses heard plus the number of swishes.

~Michael Green, The Art of Coarse Golf, 1975

Golf quote:

Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child.& Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five.

~John Updike

Golf quote:

I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles.

~G.K. Chesterton

Golf quote:

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place this world is when one is playing golf.

~Robert Lynd

Golf quote:

Man blames fate for other accidents but feels personally responsible for a hole in one.

~Martha Beckman

Golf quote:

I'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced.

~Miller Barber

Golf quote:

Golf is life. If you can't take golf, you can't take life.

~Author Unknown

Golf quote:

In baseball you hit your home run over the right-field fence, the left-field fence, the center-field fence. Nobody cares. In golf everything has got to be right over second base.

~Ken Harrelson

Golf quote:

If I can hit a curveball, why can't I hit a ball that is standing still on a course?

~Larry Nelson

Golf quote:

I'd play every day if I could. It's cheaper than a shrink and there are no telephones on my golf cart.

~Brent Musburger

Golf quote:

Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn't a lot of strokes when you consider the course.

~Lee Trevino

Golf quote:

I've spent most of my life golfing — the rest I've just wasted.

~Author Unknown

Golf quote:

Golf balls are attracted to water as unerringly as the eye of a middle-aged man to a female bosom.

~Michael Green, The Art of Coarse Golf, 1967

Golf quote:

Real golfers, no matter what the provocation, never strike a caddie with the driver. The sand wedge is far more effective.

~HuxtablePippey

Golf quote:

If your opponent is playing several shots in vain attempts to extricate himself from a bunker, do not stand near him and audibly count his strokes. It would be justifiable homicide if he wound up his pitiable exhibition by applying his niblick to your head.

~Harry Vardon

Golf quote:

My handicap?Woods and irons.

~Chris Codiroli

Golf quote:

A passion, an obsession, a romance, a nice acquaintanceship with trees, sand, and water.

~Bob Ryan

Golf Joke: Respectful cheating

Jack and Betty are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.

"Betty, I was wondering -- have you ever cheated on me?"

"Oh Jack, why would you ask such a question now? You don't want to ask that question..."

"Yes, Betty, I really want to know. Please."

"Well, all right. Yes, 3 times."

"Three? When were they?"

"Well, Jack, remember when you were 35 years old and you really wanted to start the business on your own and no bank would give you a loan? Remember how one day the bank president himself came over to the house and signed the loan papers, no questions asked?"

"Oh, Betty, you did that for me! I respect you even more than ever, that you would do such a thing for me! So, when was number 2?"

"Well, Jack, remember when you had that last heart attack and you were needing that very tricky operation, and no surgeon would touch you? Remember how Dr.DeBakey came all the way up here, to do the surgery himself, and then you were in good shape again?"

"I can't believe it! Betty, I love that you should do such a thing for me, to save my life! I couldn't have a more wonderful wife. To do such a thing, you must really love me darling. I couldn't be more moved. When was number 3?"

"Well, Jack, remember a few years ago, when you really wanted to be president of the golf club and you were 17 votes short?"

Golf Joke: Conversation

Joe: Honey, It’s me

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club.

When a cell phone on a bench rings, a man engages the hands-free speaker function and begins to talk....

MAN: "Hello"

WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"

MAN: "Yes."

WOMAN: I am at the mall and found a beautiful leather coat. It's $1,000. Can I buy it?"

MAN: "OK, go ahead if you like it that much."

WOMAN: I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the 2002 models. I saw one I really liked."

MAN: How much?"

WOMAN: $60,000.

MAN: "For that price I want it with all the options."

WOMAN: "Great! One more thing. ... The house we wanted last year is back on the market.

They're only asking $450,000."

MAN: "Well, then go ahead and buy it but just offer $420,000."

WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you!"

MAN: "Bye, I love you too."

The man hangs up. The other men are looking at him in astonishment

Then he asks: "Anyone know who this phone belongs to?"

Golf Joke: Drinking, gambling & golf

A man was walking in the city, when he was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking bum who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner.

The man took out his wallet, extracted two dollars and asked, "If I gave you this money, will you take it and buy whiskey?"

"No, I stopped drinking years ago," the bum said.

"Will you use it to gamble?"

"I don't gamble. I need everything I can get just to stay alive."

"Will you spend the money on greens fees at a golf course?"

"Are you NUTS! I haven't played golf in 20 years!"

The man said, "Well, I'm not going to give you two dollars.

Instead, I'm going to take you to my home for a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."

The bum was astounded.

"Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that? I know I'm dirty, and I probably smell pretty bad."

The man replied, "That's OK. I just want her to see what a man looks like who's given up drinking, gambling, and golf."

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.