Male HQ

Durian Season

Durian season is here. Newspaper report that Malaysia is expecting a good harvest, so expect hopefully cheaper and better quality fruits this year.

I wonder whether new generation guys still like Durians.

For me I like HongXia (Red Prawn) variety. I find it creamier and sweeter.

Just had D101 yesterday night.  Just as vaio, a group of friends is already planning a durian feast and hopefully, the harvest is still aplenty mid July.  Am told now that our S$ is stronger against MYR, durians from Malaysia are now cheaper here?

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Chinatown got a small stall, nr CK department store.

Also a durian lover.. Unfortunately not so easy to Dabao back -.-"

Totally agree on the dabao portion. No matter how well, number of layers the seller seal/wrap for you, there still bound to have some smell. The smell may appear nice while consuming; but not the lingering part in the vehicle...

Can try Geylang as well. Think is between Lor 25 and 27, facing Sims Ave, opposite the He Ji Coffeeshop. Prices quite competitive too.

Haha ..

Durian is naturally rich in potassium, dietary fibre, iron, vitamin C, and vitamin B complex. The king of fruits is thus excellent for improving muscle strength and blood pressure, bowel movements and skin health. It also supports the nervous and immune systems, and enhances red blood cell formation.

Myths and Facts About The King Of Fruits

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Totally agree on the dabao portion. No matter how well, number of layers the seller seal/wrap for you, there still bound to have some smell. The smell may appear nice while consuming; but not the lingering part in the vehicle...

Can try Geylang as well. Think is between Lor 25 and 27, facing Sims Ave, opposite the He Ji Coffeeshop. Prices quite competitive too.

Lor 25A. I go there for my durians too :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I m not a regular durian eater.

Does the price really dictate the taste? Is the $3 per box inedible?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

I m not a regular durian eater.

Does the price really dictate the taste? Is the $3 per box inedible?

Not really. Price can range a bit depending on where u get them. From what I understand, neighborhood ones are cheaper than those in Geylang. The rest is like jackpot. I have tried very tasteful ones from $10 for 3 boxes :)

Be cool, like a breeze...

• 11 months later...
On ‎31‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 6:30 PM, yuukito said:

I love durian ! but i never had chance to eat it .

Ee.. then how do you know you love durians?

There are 2 categories of people, either they like durians or they can't stand durians. But if you like the smell, then most likely you like durians.

As for me, I really like durians.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎31‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 6:30 PM, yuukito said:

I love durian ! but i never had chance to eat it .

why?? not in South east asia?
Dracula raised a good point, so  u only like the shape of durains?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Anyone ever stumble across durian Tembaga in SG? How's the pricing? Variety (cultivar) code in Malaysia D118.

Its like a more discreet version of Mao Shan Wang.

Fruits are more pointy and much larger. The flesh more pale, but aroma is as potent. Pleasantly sweet with almost unnoticeable hint of bitterness. Flesh:seed ratio is good. Best of all, very affordable for the experience obtained. Here in Sabah can get for one-third the price of MSW.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.