Male HQ

[Hiv Support Group] Living A Life Being Hiv+ & Living With Someone Who Is Hiv+ (Compiled)

Guest Sin_Man

Don't panic how do you even know you are positive, get tested first at the 7 anonymous test centre.They will also have counseling and will be able to advise you the best they can.

Being HIV+ does not mean you will succumb to AIDS, some HIV+ people live more than 30 years after contacting it.Stay calm.

refer to this webby

http://www.afa.org.sg/anonymous.php

HIV / AIDS Hotline

• Tel: (65) 62540212
    Counseling Line :
    Monday to Friday
    10:00 am to 5:30 pm
    The Hotline provides information and counseling services on all aspects of AIDS.
  • The time now is 12:34 PM, Closed

Hey you are too young to die. Even if you are HIV+, you can still live for many years and who knows, by than we might have found a cure already.

Dont do anything silly ok? Just call the helpline and seek help. It will not be easy but have faith!

hey there, first you shouldn't commit suicide because of this! if you leave ur parents and family now, I bet they will be a lot more hurted than knowing you're gay and HIV +. I think you need to talk to a doctor 1st, and he/she will guide you from there. But please be prepared that things will change from now on since you are in a different situation now. However, I strongly think that your family and friends will definitely be there for you always and so have faith in them and after you have consult a doctor, find time talking to them about it.

You might need to let your MO know if you are serving the NS now and most likely, you won't have to serve the nation.

Also, if you need help financially, you should call the hotline for HIV+ for the gay society which I am not very sure. You might need to google about it, I think trevvy got such ads that provides the hotline.

man.. ur story is really thought provoking, ...umm do not worry so much, there's advancement in medicine to better suppress your symptoms and side effects of HIV.

as for the questions..

I do not have much knowledge over a few but ill answer the rest.

3) I can't serve NS anymore right?

yes, you can't serve NS anymore , u'll be PES F and by declaring that you have HIV, u have declared it to the government.

5) What should I do now?

I don't think you have to reveal to your parents about ur homosexuality, you can just tell them that you got it from a girl or something. Even if they do prompt you to reveal your sexuality, im sure they'll eventually learn to accept it, you ARE their son anyway, whom they love and care about.

I would definitely say that telling your parents that you have HIV > keeping quiet about it.

not only will your parents help you financially with the bills for medicine, they can give you the emotional care and support that they have always been giving you since you were a weee lil boy.

and commiting suicide is a definite no no, its a shameful way of eliminating one's problem. you'll hurt your parents way more than telling them your new found status. you have one life to live for, do not waste it despite the setbacks.

Edited by Clickclock

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

To Jeremy,

It is easy for you who are not in his situation now to make such a comment. He has already realised his problem now and I think your comment is least needed here. Just put yourself in his shoes will you?

I agree with the 22yo guest... Jeremy, that's totally uncalled for, he's in a dire situation and the least you could do is criticize him.

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

I can totally understand your fear and panic as I have been through what you are feeling now.

Why not you sign up for an account and drop me a personal message. I can do my best to answer you to my best effort.

Just remember this statement.

It's not the end of the world and you are not alone.

Guest The Literal Auntie Killer

tsktsk. play too much... have sex too much.... play somemore lah

Wow, seriously if you have nothing empathetic or constructive to say, just shut your auntie pie hole up for goodness sake.

This is extremely insensitive! You think that the right thing to do at is to gloat at his misfortune? At the very least come up with something constructive.

To the thread starter, i'm sorry to hear about your plight. To answer some queries, i believe the state has the right to inform your parents if you are underage. (though i am not very sure about it) You will still have to serve army but you will have to declare that you are HIV+. The repercussions of that, i do not know. Please do not contemplate suicide.

HIV / AIDS Hotline

• Tel: (65) 62540212
    Counseling Line :
    Monday to Friday
    10:00 am to 5:30 pm
    The Hotline provides information and counseling services on all aspects of AIDS.
  • The time now is 12:34 PM, Closed

Hey you are too young to die. Even if you are HIV+, you can still live for many years and who knows, by than we might have found a cure already.

Dont do anything silly ok? Just call the helpline and seek help. It will not be easy but have faith!

As Manbane has mentioned, please contact AFA and get advice from them. They would be in the best position to advice you and also counsel you. Do not take your own life over this!

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

-- Oscar Wilde

Here is some info ,I used to be in healthcare, and I personally know an AIDS sufferer. being HIV+ does not equal to AIDS, some HIV+ users do not succumb to AIDS until very much later.

But yes once you have HIV+ you must take special not to infect others .

You will only need the AIDS drug cocktail in the later stages of AIDS until then it is just careful monitoring and do not missed checkups for Antibodies test.

Guest cactus

Hi guys.. :( I just found out I was HIV poz yesterday.. :(

I got a sudden rash few weeks back, it was nothing like before, and I went to google it and there is something called HIV rash.

The rash is slowly dissipating, but still itchy at times. Been to two doctors for injections and anti itch med but still came back, hence I went to get the test done.

Poor thing.

1) Is it a must for the government to know I have HIV?

2) In response to 1, if yes, can the government not tell my family?

If you do not declare it is still fine. I do not think they draw your blood to test for HIV. They draw your blood for some other things.

Once you declare, you will be exempted. Prepare your future Singapore employer will ask-this-ask-that why you did not serve.

4) How much are the price for the HIV drugs? :(

5) What should I do now? Who do I talk to to get started on the medicine?

In Thailand, there is this type of expensive drug. If you are rich, you won't die.

Many rich Singaporeans go there to get injection done.

Some one please help me? :( I m on the verge of committing suicide just to end this :(

Poor thing. Please do not do.

My mom is going to break down if I tell her this.. My sis and bro will be so shocked.. no one knows im gay.. its already so hard to tell them Im gay and now I have to tell them I have HIV..

Sooner or later. Your parents will know.

I really dont know what to say, but stay strong. Wish so much to scold you but I guess you have learnt your lesson already. About telling your parents, I guess they will always support you no matter how difficult it is for them to accept it. You are his son and they will always care about that. Sis and bro in shock? wouldnt you? if your sister reveals she is lesbian? I guess you would be because you did not know, not because you are against being lesbian. They grew up with you and I am sure you will be able to get their support, but of course it will be tough at the beginning, just dont lose hope :)

I hope you take care of yourself from now on, and also you must keep in mind the others if you are going to have sexual intercourse as well. I hope you clear up your doubts and fear.

Stay strong~ HIV+ not = AIDS. Did you go for a test? Or did you just assume from the rash?

Yes, it is.

Medical anonymity I think applies to HIV too with certain exceptions. I'm not sure though. You could check with the above hotlines.

Quite pricey as viral drugs are BUT they are going down. Financial aid in above hotlines~

STAY STRONG. Don't kill urself~

JUSTAMUSICALBOY :D ~ singwithme!

SUPPORT PINK DOT AND LIKE!

https://www.facebook.com/pinkdotsg/

=/ damn that was just sad to read...

but hey um, everything's gonna be all right... hopefully this also serves a lesson to all of us to be safe as well. but in any case, i know u can pull through this, please don't give up!

anigif_enhanced-5397-1408658439-1.gif

If I am not mistaken, even if your HIV status + is reported to the govt it is like TB etc -- you are 19, so the likelihood of your parents knowing is low since you are >16yo (below which is statutory rape so it will be a bit more abuzz with police involvement etc). As doctors, we respect pt privacy, even if you are <16yo.

Antivirals need not be started right away. There are criteria to start based on blood results and clinical signs / symptoms. However, it is not just the cost that is the problem, it is also the probably (usually initial) side effects like headache and nausea etc. Of course meds can changed till a good fit is reached. Meds are no longer as expensive and difficult to get as 15yr ago.

Support is probably the most important. Your loved one, if available and also, your parents .... true love will see you and your family through.

Hey,

I feel sorry for you. but at the same time dont give up on yourself. get yourself tested again to double check.

In the meantime, dont ever have the thought of committing suicide because people around you will be feeling the pain.

yes, if you do something silly, you will be carefree after u leave, but u left behind sorrows for your family and friends.

even if you are positive tested, doesnt mean its the end of the world, you just need to keep in view of your diets and medications.

and do regular checkups. i believe you will not be ostracised, friends will be there for you. especially your family,

because end of the day, no parents will abandon their children irregardless of the most nastiest things they have done to them.

There are indeed many nice chaps around and I understand everyone here (except one) means well.

However, please try to refrain from giving advise unless you are 100% sure as this will only lead to creating more fear.

Now, with the advance of medicine, especially in developed countries such as SG, hiv positive people do not result in aids any more as long as one is on proper medication and follow up with doc.

The medication only does one thing. To reduce the virus in your body till so low that it became undetectable and cannot cause any great damage to your immune system at all. A hiv positive person who takes proper medication will live a normal life and feel normal just like anyone else for the rest of their life.

When the virus is so low, its becomes a lot more difficult for you to actually infect someone else as compare to someone who dont take medicine at all.

Medications are getting so advance and cheap and yet effective. It can even cost less than $100 per month.

No, no one needs to know about your condition. Not even your parents unless you choose to. Its a personal choice.

Those who knows and get treatments are the ones who will be safe for a long time. Its those who do not know it are the ones at risk.

Afraid, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee don't be afraid and don't commit sucide. And if you see our replies, please respond! We are all worried and hope you're safe. You got to be brave and face the music.

Responding to your questions.

1) Is it a must for the government to know I have HIV? No, it's not a must.

2) In response to 1, if yes, can the government not tell my family? No one (not even government) has the right to tell anyone including your family about your status.

3) I can't serve NS anymore right? Sorry, I have no idea on this.

4) How much are the price for the HIV drugs? :(It starts from below $100 per month.

5) What should I do now? Who do I talk to to get started on the medicine? It's public holiday tomorrow so AFA is closed. If you need, drop me a message, I do my best to help you.

Guest Slack

Hey dude, life goes on... Its was a choice you made, this is a consequence to face and face it like a man, a grown-up.

There's many more out there who are less fortunate BUT they are struggling to live their life to the fullest or at least not waste away. You can do the same too and even much more.

It's not too late yet! You can still achieve alot more than ending your life... So stop running away and start thinking what you want in years to come.

As for coming out to your family and or your friends; I guess it's all up to you in this critical time. You'll need support, we are the pillars of strength at least for now. Nobody gonna give up on you, so do be the one giving up on yourself.

Take care!

i heard chance of getting hiv from a hiv positive person is 1/2000. nt trying to be offensive but can just tell us how many diff ppl u had sex with? just wana know if the 1/2000 chance is true....

and for Jeremy cwq... he is a "flex btm". any top wana try him???/

Guest Guest

i heard chance of getting hiv from a hiv positive person is 1/2000. nt trying to be offensive but can just tell us how many diff ppl u had sex with? just wana know if the 1/2000 chance is true....

and for Jeremy cwq... he is a "flex btm". any top wana try him???/

many factors can affect to the so-called 'chance'.. if the hiv+ ppl has a high viral load during the time he's having sex with him, it will be easier for him to transmit the virus.. and if he's just recently been infected, he can also transmit the virus easier.. i think TS didn't use condom that's why he got HIV..

Guest Guest

time like this, search within oneself and find what we are really. once we know the problem we can find the solution. please do not end but begin to spread good will. may be the people around us will overcome............

Guest Guest

many factors can affect to the so-called 'chance'.. if the hiv+ ppl has a high viral load during the time he's having sex with him, it will be easier for him to transmit the virus.. and if he's just recently been infected, he can also transmit the virus easier.. i think TS didn't use condom that's why he got HIV..

I always put condom before penetrate me, but halfway it was remove. you know by then it felt so good till you dont bother. right here right now, please use condom.

yeah bro... Suicide is definitely uncalled for. Well i have experiences with HIV poz people. And the good thing is that i know each one of them will change for the better. So what is your purpose is life? Is it just for yourself? Or is there a greater purpose?

Just get lost. Period.

Hey, -Afraid-, please take our advice! I have a HIV+ friend who is still happy-go-lucky as ever and is attached to another HIV+ guy of 8 months as of now. He was so casual about talking HIV, joking about it. He showed me that it (or life) wasn't that bad after all. Take care dude.

안녕하세요.

i agree with everyone up here other than those who comment is bad for you .

you can judge which is good for you or not . as you are 19 yr old lor.

don't die , but live and learn to be a better person. Call AFA for help. if you scare to ask. if not can msg me.

i can follow you to one of the staff in AFA Directly for help.

Sorry to hear that. Approach AFA and see that are the available options. Like what some of the members have said, HIV+ patients can live like normal person with regular medicines. Do make sure that you declare your status if you wanna have fun (this is an offence). Although there is no cure now, but I believe there will be in the future.

Be strong! I am speaking as a father, I rather you confront that you are gay than left us nothing but tears and sorrow.

Parents love is bigger than you can imagine. Family will accept as you are. You need family support now. As others suggested, go to the counselor, they will guide you accordingly.

Be strong!

Sorry that after thinking for few times, I decided to flame Jeremy!

I wish there is a button so called as " HATE" instead of "like" ! You definately will score!

Hi guys.. :(

I just found out I was HIV poz yesterday.. :(

I got a sudden rash few weeks back, it was nothing like before, and I went to google it and there is something called HIV rash.

The rash is slowly dissipating, but still itchy at times. Been to two doctors for injections and anti itch med but still came back, hence I went to get the test done.

I really dont know how to tell my parents about this. First, they doesn't know Im gay! Its so hard to tell them that I'm gay and now I have to tell them I am gay and I have HIV?! :(

I told no one yet, I'm so afraid of being outcast if I tell my friends.

I have so many questions.. can anyone help me out?

5) What should I do now? Who do I talk to to get started on the medicine?

I am so confused and lost, I don't know who to talk to. I don't even dare to tell my parents, they are having financial problems already and I don't wanna burden them anymore..

My mom is going to break down if I tell her this.. My sis and bro will be so shocked.. no one knows im gay.. its already so hard to tell them Im gay and now I have to tell them I have HIV..

Some one please help me? :( I m on the verge of committing suicide just to end this :(

Be strong and don't give up... Hugs...

• Guest locked this topic