Male HQ

A Swimmer's Body? Only Need To Swim Ar?

curioussguy93

Gymming will likely make you more muscular and bulky. Swimming butterfly, freestyle or competitive breast stroke can give you a more athletic, sportsman like frame with broad shoulders, slimmer sides and merman lines.

So yes, you can get the swimmers body just by swimming, a bit of sculpting in the gym and most importantly, the right diet.

Depends on the intensity of ur swimming sessions plus the frequency.

Swimmers do head to the gym to build strength too.

:mellow:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ~Say also Never Listen, Listen also Never Understand, Never Understand also Never Ask, Ask also Never Do, Do also Do Wrongly, Do Wrongly also Never Admit, Admit also Never Correct, Correct also Not Happy, Not Happy also Never Say~ :huh: ^_^  :o  ;)  

I think its more like 50% gym, swimming and conditioning and 50% diet. that means, no sugary drinks, fried foods, low carbs, no macs

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

• 2 months later...

There's this site which i tried for free (think it's free for short period) which plans a regime for you depending on your swimming preferences. You can try it out at swimplan.com

I don't think it can be calibrated to focus on building a muscular body though. I think their approach is more for fitness/ competitive. See if that's up your alley :)

• 3 weeks later...

You definitely need to gym, or at least, do other workouts as well.

From a safety point of view, from what I understand, swimming is a very "pull" based sport. You need to go to the gym to work on the other set of muscles or risk muscle imbalance/bad posture/damaging the weaker muscle in the pair. So balance training with like pushups or bench press, at the very least.

From a fitness/aesthetic point of view... swimming is focused on upper body. So unless you want to look like you are very top heavy with chicken legs, don't forget to do leg exercises as well ^_^

Edited by MinCalD

On 3/6/2016 at 7:22 PM, MinCalD said:

You definitely need to gym, or at least, do other workouts as well.

From a safety point of view, from what I understand, swimming is a very "pull" based sport. You need to go to the gym to work on the other set of muscles or risk muscle imbalance/bad posture/damaging the weaker muscle in the pair. So balance training with like pushups or bench press, at the very least.

From a fitness/aesthetic point of view... swimming is focused on upper body. So unless you want to look like you are very top heavy with chicken legs, don't forget to do leg exercises as well ^_^

You don't use your legs to propel? In fact swimming uses quite a lot of legs.

Follow me at http://instagram.com/ytraymond =)

12 hours ago, xydboy said:

You don't use your legs to propel? In fact swimming uses quite a lot of legs.

In general, seems like not as much as compared to arms...?

Maybe I've been swimming wrongly, but seems like only frogstyle really uses the legs (even then, I think the leg muscles are the strongest/most efficient in the body so comparatively arms will also be trained more). In comparison front crawl or backstroke places far more effort on arms than legs...

Or maybe my arms just weak la. xD

Edited by MinCalD

Whether u use ur arms or legs depends on ur focus when u swim. If you do free, u can just move forward by focusing on pulling with ur arms with minimal kicking just to stay afloat. 

Similarly, can focus both kick and pull by then it'll be quite tiring la if u swim continuously. Kick only lagi tiring. 

If you are doing front crawl, you can do a slight tuck at your ankles, which "disables" your legs and lets you rely more on your shoulders, sides and lats to propel, if not you will sink.

Alternatively, you can try using your fingers to "drag" against the water's edge when you lift your hands up. This creates more inertia and requires greater leg propulsion.

TLDR version: vary your strokes and you can have a good workout in the pool. Probably 10 laps core focus on arms/shoulders, 10 laps on thighs, 10 laps on calves and 10 sprints in between just for cardio or for when you are getting bored lol.

46 minutes ago, jocker said:

swimming is good for trimming the fats on the belly….i witnessed it myself after swam for a month. I felt my stomach is more tone.

Swimming depends on the intense of it... 
Butterfly stroke is sure burns more calories then say.... breast stroke or free-style
the duration too... and speed...

Edited by ThePineapple

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

• 4 years later...
On 3/9/2016 at 9:09 PM, joshTWjosh said:

If you are doing front crawl, you can do a slight tuck at your ankles, which "disables" your legs and lets you rely more on your shoulders, sides and lats to propel, if not you will sink.

Alternatively, you can try using your fingers to "drag" against the water's edge when you lift your hands up. This creates more inertia and requires greater leg propulsion.

TLDR version: vary your strokes and you can have a good workout in the pool. Probably 10 laps core focus on arms/shoulders, 10 laps on thighs, 10 laps on calves and 10 sprints in between just for cardio or for when you are getting bored lol.

Please refrain from giving advise if you do not have sufficient knowledge. :ph34r:

Thete are just too many incorrect items throughout your post! :wacko:

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2016 at 9:09 PM, joshTWjosh said:

The idea of to have you fingertips drag against the water's edge is a corrective drill to remind you to keep a high elbow which will help with your rotation and reducing drag as your hands enter the water. 

As for the tucking of ankles, using of ankle weights is a better option as it does not compromise your kicking technique while creating resistance