Male HQ

How to Tell if Muscular or Just Fat?

Guest Unfeeling

Guest Unfeeling

I was introduced to my new chiropractor today.

He was wearing a long sleeved shirt and tie, so I couldn't see much exposed skin.

Because he seemed bulky and wide with almost no neck, I assumed he was just very fat. 

But when he effortlessly lifted me and twisted my torso while manipulating my spine, I could feel that he was 100% muscle through his clothes.

So... my question is that if you see someone fully clothed, is there any way you can tell if he's muscular or just fat?

What are the tell-tale signs?

6 hours ago, HydroNaut said:

Knew someone... he is a Chub Chaser... in his eyes all chubby guys are considered "Muscular" to him.

Whereas gymfit guys are all consider "Skinny".

I simply rolled my eyes talking to him. :rolleyes:

Haha, so guys like me is considered what? Erm? Bak kut?

Edited by sum1outhere_03

Will you be my valentine's? :D

• 6 months later...
Guest Anti chub

No double chin and no tummy, love handles.

I have seen guys on grindr/jackd who are fat but they pose in their pics to hide it. Usually those that put "stocky" or dont put their weight in their profile are fat in real life. Got tricked several times after meeting them in person, some even say they are not fat. Living in denial?

Guest Fatty
2 minutes ago, Guest Anti chub said:

No double chin and no tummy, love handles.

I have seen guys on grindr/jackd who are fat but they pose in their pics to hide it. Usually those that put "stocky" or dont put their weight in their profile are fat in real life. Got tricked several times after meeting them in person, some even say they are not fat. Living in denial?

I'm not fat just horizontally challenged 

1. Muscular - (usually) chiselled face. Firm chest, trim waist, arms that fill their sleeves. Visible abs. Sharp "V" shape from the back. Height-weight proportional.

Often on a strict-ish diet.

2. Muscle fat - off-season bodybuilder, ex-athlete, or former generously-girthed guy now seriously working out. As above - except with a layer of huggable tummy, without abs. Chest not as firm, but still big. From the back can see the outlines of the "V" from years of exercise/ current serious exercise. Often "overweight" by BMI standards, although not much. Face looks somewhat rounder.

Eat and drink, YOLO!

3. Fat - Saggy chest, big waist, no "V". Arms that are not proportional to body (i.e. even though fat, still slimmer than "1" and "2").

Personally "2" turns me on the most, i.e. the Bara G-man type. Doesn't matter short or tall - it's the proportions that matter (to me) :).  

• 11 months later...
Guest Guest
On 13/01/2016 at 4:25 PM, HydroNaut said:

Knew someone... he is a Chub Chaser... in his eyes all chubby guys are considered "Muscular" to him.

Whereas gymfit guys are all consider "Skinny".

I simply rolled my eyes talking to him. :rolleyes:

In you profile pic you look chubby lah

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Slurpz

I noticed a young couple at a shopping mall the other night. The husband's tee-shirt read "MY WIFE'S COOKING MADE ME FAT" and yes, he is definitely fat, but also has the type of handsome face usually seen on a muscular guy.

• 1 year later...
Guest Ravi234
On 1/13/2016 at 9:20 PM, alien said:

If wide and almost no neck, usually the guy is simply fat. Esp with a double chin.

Ouch! Guilty! I’ve been trying to reduce weight. I already lost 15kg and it is very apparent in my body. But my double chin is still hanging around. Why is that? How it can removed without surgery?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 1/13/2016 at 4:04 PM, Guest Unfeeling said:

He was wearing a long sleeved shirt and tie, so I couldn't see much exposed skin.

Because he seemed bulky and wide with almost no neck, I assumed he was just very fat. 

But when he effortlessly lifted me and twisted my torso while manipulating my spine, I could feel that he was 100% muscle through his clothes.

So... my question is that if you see someone fully clothed, is there any way you can tell if he's muscular or just fat?

Did you have a crush on him?

Isn't it his therapy that counts?

Guest Guest
9 hours ago, singalion said:

Did you have a crush on him?

Isn't it his therapy that counts?

You got nothing better to do than replying to a post from more than 8 years ago?

Guest Sadly not
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You got nothing better to do than replying to a post from more than 8 years ago?

sadly he really does not, he is desperately looking for threads to post on, no matter how irrelevant his ‘contributions’.

also: his answer here is anyway nothing to do with the topic.

him and Steve really need to learn when to STFU…

Can pm your chiropractor’s contact? 

Guest lol
4 hours ago, tyan said:

Can pm your chiropractor’s contact? 

you really think a guest posting 8 years ago is going to PM you?

OMG 😝 

You shouldn't have hanky panky with your "Doc"... haha

What is the relevance to know whether he is muscular or bulky fat, the guy might be straight, so it might be futile or wasted energy to know about his body shape ...

The easiest way to find out is : Just ask him to strip!

You could have asked him also whether he goes to the gym or does any sport.

I assume he had replied to you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2024 at 11:51 PM, singalion said:

You shouldn't have hanky panky with your "Doc"... haha

What is the relevance to know whether he is muscular or bulky fat, the guy might be straight, so it might be futile or wasted energy to know about his body shape ...

The easiest way to find out is : Just ask him to strip!

You could have asked him also whether he goes to the gym or does any sport.

I assume he had replied to you.

While it is fine to see a chiropractor if one has a problem that requires this skill...  what does it mean " my chiropractor "?  Why this possessive "my"?   Oh "my" God, there are so many ways one can fix one's body if it needs some minor repairs...

I never have this question whether he is muscular or bulky fat.   I like slim,  so muscular or fat are out of my range.  :)   

Guest each his own

it is like asking how to tell if a guy is handsome, there's no specific criteria, to each his own.

Guest Guest
On 1/13/2016 at 4:13 PM, hunkchaser said:

If you can't tell with his clothed body, look at his face. Muscular guys have chiseled faces.

Yes i agree

I assume by muscle OP means that the guy has built a significant level of muscle mass (can be covered by fat), whereas fat is purely high levels of body fat with no muscle mass. If with clothes on, like hoodies, I deduce whether a guy is jacked by observing his jawline. Also the way he carries himself. Guys who lift weights consistently will walk and stride differently from a couch potato. In other words, his posture. Another obvious one he isn't out of breath easily while talking.

About him being wide, bulky and no neck, that's genetics for you and the perception of strength. Some people's genetics allow their bodies to communicate strength cues more effectively than others. You can have two different guys with same muscle mass added from their baselines but one will definitely 'look' or appear stronger than the other.

Guest Neutrality

I prefer guys with half muscular and half fatty.  Not 100% fatty nor 100% muscular.  The face must also match the body.  Young small face with broad muscular body is a great turned off.  Aged face with young muscular smooth body is also a turned off.   Moderation is beauty and so is being "natural" and healthy.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.