Male HQ

What you serve to CNY visiting relatives and friends?

Based on years of observations and experience, my relatives and friends do not go for the usual cny goodies. They more or less had enough from many visits. Thus, in order not to waste food, we stop buying cny goodies. In fact, we only buy those that my family love eating so that at least we know we can finish them up if no one else is interested. Of course beverages will be prepared as this is something people will consume. As we do not have many relatives, we will usually dedicate one day when my relatives will all gather at our humble place and we will prepare some finger food like samosa and springrolls to serve them. 

Edited by Coolbriz

Be cool, like a breeze...

Previous years, I prepared the usual pineapple tarts and butter cookies so this year I am putting t something different. Nyonya bluepea flower butter cookies and durian tarts.

I agree with coolbriz...cos everyone is tired of eating the same stuff every house they visit..so i just try to offer something different. I dont know how to cook...so I can only buy the ones out there..lol

3 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Based on years of observations and experience, my relatives and friends do not go for the usual cny goodies. They more or less had enough from many visits. Thus, in order not to waste food, we stop buying cny goodies. In fact, we only buy those that my family love eating so that at least we know we can finish them up if no one else is interested. Of course beverages will be prepared as this is something people will consume. As we do not have many relatives, we will usually delicate one day where my relatives will all gather at our humble place and we will prepare some finger food like samosa and springrolls to serve them. 

Actually, that's a great idea... shall try it coming CNY

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.