Male HQ

SkillsFuture Credit

lovehandle

19 hours ago, Diamond said:

i write in ...but ask me to pay for course fee.

I'm not sure how the skills future credit works and I didn't read too much but for my case which i've already paid for the course and they transfered $500 to my account AFTER I submitted a copy of my unisim receipt for this sem.

It could be that you have to be enrolled/payed your course fees then they reimburse you instead of directly deducting the amount.

Not sure though..

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 8:45 AM, KittensandBjorn said:

First successful claim!

Yes, they will respond to u upon each transaction by email and by sms! I love it!

but when the trainers/training school didn't recv such emails, they get so frustrated and keep pestering us

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, Diamond said:

i write in ...but ask me to pay for course fee.

Sometimes, they prefer u to pay first

then they will reimburse u later , u can still pay first , skillsfuture will reimburse u later

Hope I get your issue right, Diamd

1) Pls note that the vendors/trg course /trg supplier /trainer etc must first get themselves register w WDA /Skillsfuture for approval before it is skillsfuture applicable!
In order to get it skillsfuture approval, vendor must ensure it is at least a FULL-day course (some courses used to be half-a day)

2) Alwys log in first , then u search for your course , trust me - this is better
http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit

3) do not re create another thread on this, but do note that non-members cannot post at here, pls sign up as a mbr before u can post here(someone create his own skillsfuture thread on the main forum) : I do not wish of any guests to comment on this thread

On Monday, May 02, 2016 at 8:45 AM, KittensandBjorn said:

First successful claim!

13063409_10208799462722351_8091241678377858594_o.jpg

May I know how long it's take to credit to your bank account? As I submitted mine last week and when I check the website it's have already been approved..but haven't credit to my bank acct

1 minute ago, iscool said:

May I know how long it's take to credit to your bank account? As I submitted mine last week and when I check the website it's have already been approved..but haven't credit to my bank acct

Upon approval, I think might took less than a week (minus away weekends)

Don't forget that there is labour day, PH that might drag it

Anyway, don't worry, they will surely reimburse u

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 1:02 PM, lovehandle said:

Upon approval, I think might took less than a week (minus away weekends)

Don't forget that there is labour day, PH that might drag it

Anyway, don't worry, they will surely reimburse u

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 1:45 PM, KittensandBjorn said:

About a week.

Tks u for the information... I submitted last Tuesday and I just check still haven't received.. :(

a lot of 3D printing, 3D graphics , etc courses

Be a drone pilot , how to use drone https://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&_st=&_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&_urlType=render&_mode=view&wlpCRMSPortal_1_action=CMFShowClasses&_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1&actionIndex=searchClassList&idProduct=24356924&CWT=

I noticed many of u love cooking : if  u don't mind PA /CC courses - there are jap food , dim sum to basic bread making , pastries

Basic Japanese /Chinese Restaurant Cooking   etc

and even SkillsFuture@PA (SA) Basic Tea Appreciation

From business Chinese to

Korean lang courses when u wanna go Korean saunas? or watch K dramas : like the descendants of the sun

u r spoilt w choices!

For those who want only WSQ courses, u must ensure u see WSQ in the title
or something like IT-WSQ, HR-WSQ

Anyone wanted to do the Jul Hydroponics???
http://www.tertiarycourses.com.sg/1-day-basic-course-in-hydroponics-course.html ,

I m thinking of going!! sounds so interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S$198 w 
Hydroponics Hobby Kit (participants can take this kit home & practice)
It even has courses related to fish:like but comes w assessment (u search by Agriculture)

CONTINGENCY PLANNING FOR COASTAL FISH FARMS AGAINST PLANKTON BLOOM

3 Training Provider: Temasek Polytechnic - they claimed it is not for novice, I m not sure is that true

Edited by lovehandle

Hi@lovehandle, I'm working on a project to come up with really useful courses that can help to equip employees with practical skills to perform better in workplace? Would you be able to offer some insights? Thanks.

On a side note, I seriously don't understand how did some of the courses such as flying a drone get certified by WDA? How does it help to improve the employ-ability of a man on the street?

Me? You should conduct a survey instead, as I m not an expert in other professions
Alternatively narrow your qns to be even more specific ones so that I can help....now is too broad
To have those standard or typical courses/skills etc for the workplace, I trust all HR depts. should be able to assist u:

Eg Microsoft / Apple / computing courses for people who need to use such IT software

Language course - nurses need to learn dialects, MfA etc need to learn the languages that they are deployed too
Management need to take leadership courses/ strategic stuff, people dev, snr mgt stuff as well as Understanding finance (non-financial role/positions) and some other executive courses

Procurement pp need to take purchasing courses/logistics as well as bargaining and negotiation
F&B people would also take frontliner courses (mentioned below) as well as managing bar/wine, table services , pastries/cooking courses, learning about molecular etc
All frontliners: service excellence, dealing difficult customers, communication skills Star/wow  your customer  etc like
http://tms.sgemployers.com/webtms/internet/courses.php?cat_id=213
Work permit holder would have to go for the language of workplace literacy (WPL) and  also blue-collar/rank and file, lowest level worker too + Numeracy of WPL

There are way too many occupations including spa therapists (the clean ones, not those patronised by gays only) , counsellors,PR or early childhood career people etc , the list do not end here, hence I don't know how to help u
Some of the courses relevant to IT and even film producing are mentioned in previous comments
SNEF should be able to give you a good overview of relevant courses : http://www.snef.org.sg/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=SNEF/ccms.r?pageID=21#.VzX6lpBJnIU
http://www.snef.org.sg/Tempdocs/AA/files/SNEF-site-upload/training/trainingcalendar2016a.pdf

or NTUC http://www.ntuclearninghub.com.sg/Course-Schedule

Flying a drone is NOT a certified/certification course, some are non-examinable/testable courses, Dude! or should I call u a kid?

WDA approved courses: WSQ or wts are one aspect usu comes with "assessment" for certification

but but, to be approved for Skillsfuture credits, trg vendors just need to ensure it is a full day course and it is a "skill" eg skill to take photography from Aerial point of view and when the device is moving , while subject is stationery at a spot
Take creative photography using drone to do a film (recording) etc
All these are skills rt? in a way, current co. may not need it, but in future, it may turn useful even in a form of business! or employed as a spy for mindef to take....u never know, man.....

Be creative, Boy! Do NOT be fixated in the typical laws and regulations that keep saying no, or the kind of education that mould us to think only in a typical fashion

And for goodness sake , I m NOT from WDA, never a spokeperson of WDA. Previously, someone asked am I from WDa, no no I m not , not even from MOM or any related agencies of such!

Edited by lovehandle

Hi@lovehandle, thanks for your reply. ^_^

I asked similar question in another forum. 

Someone replied, "Marketing skills, Sales skills and Problem Solving skills are the key skills to have. This is called result-oriented. The rest are just "feel good" skills. Nice to have but when it comes to the crunch, if you can't sell, you are not bringing the bread home."

I think most people are looking for a side income realizing that your job don't belong to you anymore these days.

7 hours ago, kidster said:

Hi@lovehandle, thanks for your reply. ^_^

I asked similar question in another forum. 

Someone replied, "Marketing skills, Sales skills and Problem Solving skills are the key skills to have. This is called result-oriented. The rest are just "feel good" skills. Nice to have but when it comes to the crunch, if you can't sell, you are not bringing the bread home."

I think most people are looking for a side income realizing that your job don't belong to you anymore these days.

Feel good or not , it actually depends : cos some pp do not want to lead a life that is too business-oriented or being stressful with "figures"

by the way, I personally feel that MOST courses(including WDA/WSQ courses) I have attended are extremely textbook/theories based (they sounded grand in their world of own ie classroom) but in reality, it may not work

However, I do believe that problem solving skills, mind-booster courses may allow u  to apply them in personal life too (if that works for u)

So it is good to have feel-good courses among the rest (many trainees said they hated attending courses with high level of stress or too technical)....eg some find cooking/baking or even learning how to massage (I have attended this course many years back) yourself course therapeutic and feel-good  (nothing wrong with that): but who knows if one day u decided to open your bakery shop or restaurant ...it will definitely come in helpful
(ie why I recommended some courses on hydroponics and fishes above)- I even explained earlier why drone can lead u to set up a new sideline too
U never know in life, right? and always believe that diff pp have diff priorities in life

But to switch career is a total diff game:

It is very difficult for an admin/PA /secretarial person to switch to nano-technology or transport/rail engineering due to her previous career and academic knowledge
U need to have very strong determination and time esp to study a different degree
Govt tend to make it sound so simple!

Do u have any specific questions for us?

@kidster https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/04/why-graduates-lack-the-skill-they-need-most?utm_content=buffer185ac&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

my
colleagues like how I handle and persuade people.......these r some softskills which  u can never learn from a seminar/course

There are many ra-ra seminars/talks in sg or overseas

they ra and end there.. if u hardly apply or u just don't have the flair for it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sport-coholic
1 minute ago, lovehandle said:

oooh that long

I attended one that is 3 day, if  my memory didn't fail me

Maybe different provider? 

21 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

@lovehandle: if personA has used up his $500 in 2016, will he get top-up in the coming year?

If you have been following the radio interviews w the relevant ministers and news, they said "spent, spent all first and let's see"

Bluerunner

In short, they will top up, but they might not top up at jan of 2017, they might do it Jul 2017 or even closer to 2018

It all depends, do not scold me if the topping is not done after a year

Looking at our typical sg govt direction, it is for sure, they will definitely top it up, again don't ask will it be S$500

it might be lesser or could be more

Yes, a top-up is for sure

However, now the issue is many elderly find the website unfriendly and not all elderly still wish to attend a course at this age

So many unused

I have written to WDA to ask them about top up

they cannot promise when too

but surely will

If no1 is utilised, they might not top that much
So it is the behaviour of all that leads to the eventual outcome

So for now, pls spend , spend it all and who knows, those who utilised the funds well will get more top ups!There is no need to keep it any further

Without utilising this, there is NO "future", if there is no future, it s pointless to keep, right?

I even raised it in my fb for straights to take note of such issue

But do enjoy your course after u have signed up and share w us : what it is?

Generally I found all the course that I have attended are very textbook based though WDA-courses are  claimed to b  more operation-based and hands-on
I don't find it true w the exception of bakery/cooking courses

• 2 weeks later...

lonelyglobe

so which language did u learn?

language is a living thing,  u need to keep practicing it with someone, if not you will lose it very soon

eg work in that country

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

there are some really "dry" courses and there are some u just wonder like that also need courses? language course seems to be the best bet for money ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

please be reminded to claim relief for courses related to your profession(not hobby) , including short courses as some of u claimed that skilsfuture is not enugh, u hve to use your own cash but u r able to claim tax relief up to S$5500, not a bad deal afterall

refer to examples: https://www.iras.gov.sg/IRASHome/Individuals/Locals/Working-Out-Your-Taxes/Deductions-for-Individuals/Course-Fees-Relief/

On ‎22‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 1:21 PM, lonelyglobe said:

true...I learn jap and French before but now all I know is greetings and numbers :swear:

would like to continue my thai lesson before I return everything to my teacher :pray:

How s your thai lang coming along?

hi all,
i only have one suggestion to share...
if U ask me, how will i be using my $500 credits?

simple! i will be redeeming it for a "UDEMY online learning course" which U will be able to see...if U do a search in the "SkillsFuture website".
so why pay $15 to $55 for a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) ?

okay, before i continue, i need to declare that what i am teaching U here is "unethical & not honest" but i hope U can understand the reason for why i am doing so...
My parents(God bless them) who are in their late 60s...i keep on telling them to go to the CC (under People's Association) to pay peanuts to attend the short courses which cover:

"Introduction to Facebook", "Intro to Wordpress", etc...all these courses are highly subsidised & so U only need to fork out a mere $30...but why my parents don't wanna go?
Lazy...their exact words?

"Aiyah, i going to retire at 65/67yo...why go class learn all these things?!?"
So CC courses@ PA (people's association) FAIL..so what other options can i suggest to them? my assessment of my parents is...they DO NOT WANT TO be use their $500 SFC to push them into unknown territory where it involves a "Teacher & Student setting" which for them...is intimidating. I know i speak for my parents...who prob represent a minority...i am hoping that the 95% of senior citizens in singapore can be like our "LAO LEE" (ex-mentor-minister Lee Kuan Yew) who at age 91...still preparing for his Chinese-language-test.

okay, after the merry-go-round ride, if U redeem it for UDEMY...the online class (which comprises of youtube Lectures) will be ***ACCESSIBLE TO YOU FOR LIFE !!!

this is exactly why i feel that...out of all the thousands of courses available from the catalog...yes, U have to pay a premium if U wanna enjoy having a "Live Teacher Experience" but if U are willing to cheapen Ur learning experience...why not buy the course on UDEMY...which is deductible from ur $500 SFC? no offence to anyone out there...but as of today...UDEMY remains my <No.1 Choice for SFC provider>.

many thx for hearing me out, wishing everyone a Grrrrrreat weekend ahead =)

• 5 months later...

there are security guards who asked me to teach them how to surf and google.....

and there are aunties at fast fd outlets wanna learn but don't know how to go about..........I told them the website is not exactly userfriendly but shoud they need help again, feel free to approach me if I happened to come by (I do agree my parents r equally lazy too)

some quotes for the new year to start the learning momentum

We study to understand we know little
-French thinker michel de Montaigne

Study is not a transfer of information but  transformation of life, empowering of life
Daisaku Ikeda, Peace Advocate/ World Religion Leader

• 9 months later...

Yes it s per life but as some of us has enquired, govt might top it up again sbj to needs arise again

Some of u ask for cash

this s nt to help to tide u over

this s for pp who need some topic/trainings to polish up ur skills, this is nt for furthering ur childhood education dreams which is nt accomplished at earlier days

this is nt for any other purposes but purely just for skills

if u pref nt to polish any of ur skills, in spite of so many courses avail(some listed above)so b it but still have to learn to be grateful

i was reading another ridiculous thread that i believe the same guest attempt to share, some raised why it cannot be given as cash or NS50? there will nt b another ns50 to come too in the near future

Just follow this same principle-voucher ie meant for use at isetan, can never be used at metro or tangs 

skillfuture HR study award:

Relevant HR courses including certificate, diploma, postgraduate diploma, degree and HR professional development programmes can be submitted for consideration.

Up to two relevant HR courses can be supported under each Award.

Priority will be given to applicants whose total course fees, net of any subsidies, are at least $2,500. X 2 => 5K get the logic?

http://www.skillsfuture.sg/studyawards/human-resource#howdoesitwork

b it in IT/ public trpt sys esp MRT related and more for hospital services, or F&B , there are relevant help too , you are to dig

too much spoonfeeding is no gd

• 5 months later...

not ez (sorry that I get to see this now)

learning a skill is just a skill learnt eg on Gardening/farming https://www.thelivingcentre.sg/register/urban-farming-courses/skillsfuture-claimable-courses

unless u have something which u could tap on eg U learnt Dip in Mass comm, so u can sign up for courses to bulk u up on tht like courses on SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), online writing

but not so much on another totally diff subject matters, if that is the case u have to start from scratch to do a mid-career change(u r not that old yet) or career conversion programme (in reality, it is not that simple to carry out)
In an interview, candidates will be assessed for their KSA (Knowledge, Skills, Attributes), skill and knowledge is one aspect eg which drug to administer, do  u know how to poke etc, attributes like grit, determination, strong customer service, patience in doing Nursing

hence, getting the skill is just the very beginning (after attending a short-duration course with no practicum)
Many r crying not earning enough at mid age currently in this forum, to do a career-conversion u may not be getting what  u r used to earning

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:08 AM, fallmerees said:

Been thinking of using my credits to help me get me a job but I'm still not sure what for yet... :S

• 3 months later...

have u used up your skillsfuture cr? mine - all depleted and it is not enough, dont believe?
A nation who wish to develop our local talents, yet alot are not even using that fund/credits, govt dont claw it back for those who wish to use them

view this: 

• 7 months later...

Honestly for most of us, the credit is more for attending courses of interest, it is not easy to take any course and landed a job unless like u dont know how to use computer and then u go for related courses....other than that is more of using the fund and perhaps get some claim back in return.

for me, my interest likely will include the jobs/tasks i performed (those co. stingy not to sponsor)

my parents use it to learn cam, hp, PC etc , but they r more of lower literacy

Which i answered to land a job is not possible, only a clown will believe that this policy is to help in landing 1, never believe in the white men

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...