Male HQ

West Malaysian Cpf Money....

Guest cpf?

This topic may be boring.... but i wanted to know why Singapore is holding West Malaysian CPF money till 55y/o even they give up their PR status and not going to work in Sin anymore? Any reason behind it? Why all other countries can but not West Malaysian?

• 4 years later...

This topic may be boring.... but i wanted to know why Singapore is holding West Malaysian CPF money till 55y/o even they give up their PR status and not going to work in Sin anymore? Any reason behind it? Why all other countries can but not West Malaysian?

I realize that this topic was like 5 years ago, but I think it has to do with the agreement reached when Malaya, Sabah, Sarawak and Singapore formed Malaysia back in 1963. Probably because West Malaysia is the most direct-connected region with Singapore via the Causeway and Second Link, people can just go in and out of Singapore much more easily, especially looking for money-earning opportunities on the island. We all know that spending in Malaysia is way cheaper, they probably wouldn't want West Malaysians to simply withdraw it before 55 and go back to lavish on it.

Just my two cents'. ;)

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

• Guest locked this topic