Male HQ

Credibility of Guest Posts in BW (Posting without an account)

water

Guest Glyph
5 hours ago, Guest River nile said:

I remember you had impassionately wanted before to remove guest mode citing the reason society had progressed far enough for gays to come out from anonymous status.

Like a member with an empty profile is very far off from being a Guest. Erherm. smh, really.

11 minutes ago, starlioned said:

'Democracy is often described as the tyranny of the majority'.

In this forum's case seems more to me of the opposite.

The minority 'trolls' and whatnots tyrannize the rest...

Just my sentiments.

You are right.  It has always been the tyranny of the minority when it comes to LGBT activism by playing victim and intimidating the majority calling them bigot.

1 hour ago, starlioned said:

'Democracy is often described as the tyranny of the majority'.

In this forum's case seems more to me of the opposite.

The minority 'trolls' and whatnots tyrannize the rest...

Just my sentiments.

Agreed. But I never said that democracy is a perfect system of government...^_^

On 30/05/2016 at 6:28 AM, Phil said:

I agree. It reminds me of some companies where minority shareholders are the noisiest.

Well, we have not really "shares" here, ok...

And to be honest, a majority of guests write intelligent, funny, informative, or at least neutral posts. But I have no miracle solution for handling the other ones.:(

I acknowledge for sure there are also many GUESTs who do write and handle themselves well. And even GUESTs who write in with problems and in cases I have something to contribute I will throw in my help so long everything is civil.

I support FREE SPEECH... and I mean the kind some western believe it should be. That means I defend your right to talk cock and be as fuckup with your opinions and remarks as you want. Just like I expect the same given to me too. But to me it just make more sense if you did it with your NICK or a register one or one you show your face or name ( maybe not in a gay or sex forum heheh but some other more upright public ) I will not silence you even if I know you. But when you are in GUEST mode and you still want to be a dick about it.. heheh that I have some issue with but on the long run, I defend your RIGHTS to say and express what you like AND I reserve the right to ignore you, switch topic thread and not get involve..etc. If I can, I will vote with my wallet or vote. But I don't want to silence you unless what you say effects my civil rights or harm me in some way, in that case, I will use the law to get back at you. In a free for all forum.. I let you say what you want. I will do the same. The door will always swing both ways lah. Don't lose sleep over this. I know it is hard at times heheh but take a deep breath and look at some naked bodies on some site and calm the fuck down heeee.....

Edited by upshot
typo

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Guest

I deliberately kept my post below to publish on the 1 June 2016, just to mark the 11th year anniversary of Lungker's post on 1 June 2005.

This is a forum started by BW years ago. In the first two locations, Geocities and EZboards, BW tended to leave the forums alone due to lack of time to micro-manage it. Nobody was assisting him then.

Since moving to this site, he had appointed some moderators. Previously, the old site was a free for all, no controls type of forum, without any moderators. They were filled with garbage so much so many readers were turned off. When readership drop, so were interesting postings. We were constantly flamed that the forum was stale. Well, we certainly hope to do better this time around.

We are listing some posting guidelines below. Please give due considerations to it when you post. This is not censorship or suppression of opinions. What we hope to see are postings that add value to the threads. We certainly do not mind one line query for clarification or direction lets say to a particular place, but numerous one liner posting directed at each other will start to make this forum look like a group SMS center. By all means post what you want, go ahead and express your opininons, flame or encourage if you have to, but please stick to the point of the original thread. We are simply asking for consideration and sensibility from our readers.

The guidelines also include restrictions on racist or anti-religious comments, political discussions about Singapore politics and anti-social behaviour.

One other thing, currently we are probably the only local forum that allows unregistered "guests" to post. The reason why all other local forums will allow only registered members to post is so they can maintain some semblence of control - not on the content but the type of postings. Spammers, troublemakers, unjustified flammers etc are much reduced when they are require to register. Conversely, it is also true, where genuine postings are also reduced. At this point in time, we do not see the need to require only registered members can post since we are not encountering such problems.

This followed by BLOWINGWIND HIMSELF who made the last post on 7th June 2013 of which part of it is replicated here...

Woah, I am truely disappointed with this type of response.

We do this to support a cause that affects everybody. This only inconvenient some for just one day in donkey years. Immediately he thinks only of his little lost of service and threatening to change site.

Where is the sense of purpose? Bochup( apathy)

Where is the sense of loyalty?

This site existed for so long because of the loyalty of many anonymous guests. You should not fail to notice that guests outnumber members almost 3 to 1. It is for their years of loyalty that is why we will never change our policy of allowing guest posting.

Sure, some may use the anonymity to troll BW

But we have moderators and the flaming room to control them. You have the freedom of speech to criticize them and the mouse button to skip if you are bored with them. Again for that little inconvenience, it is for the good of the majority.

For them, internet freedom is a big issue. You never know what you have until it's gone. Well, BW is only gone for a day but it could be gone forever if we lose internet freedom. Sure, for the apathetic and the faithless, they wouldn't miss a thing and move to another site. But with that 50K limit, only the well controlled sites would exist. The active sites would be shut down as soon as they get too popular and reach that limit.

For the loyal guests and members, BW is where they belong. This is where they can feel comfortable talking about gay things and other favorite things. They always remember to come back to BW and then they don't feel。。。 so bad

37 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I deliberately kept my post below to publish on the 1 June 2016, just to mark the 11th year anniversary of Lungker's post on 1 June 2005.

This is a forum started by BW years ago. In the first two locations, Geocities and EZboards, BW tended to leave the forums alone due to lack of time to micro-manage it. Nobody was assisting him then.

Since moving to this site, he had appointed some moderators. Previously, the old site was a free for all, no controls type of forum, without any moderators. They were filled with garbage so much so many readers were turned off. When readership drop, so were interesting postings. We were constantly flamed that the forum was stale. Well, we certainly hope to do better this time around.

We are listing some posting guidelines below. Please give due considerations to it when you post. This is not censorship or suppression of opinions. What we hope to see are postings that add value to the threads. We certainly do not mind one line query for clarification or direction lets say to a particular place, but numerous one liner posting directed at each other will start to make this forum look like a group SMS center. By all means post what you want, go ahead and express your opininons, flame or encourage if you have to, but please stick to the point of the original thread. We are simply asking for consideration and sensibility from our readers.

The guidelines also include restrictions on racist or anti-religious comments, political discussions about Singapore politics and anti-social behaviour.

One other thing, currently we are probably the only local forum that allows unregistered "guests" to post. The reason why all other local forums will allow only registered members to post is so they can maintain some semblence of control - not on the content but the type of postings. Spammers, troublemakers, unjustified flammers etc are much reduced when they are require to register. Conversely, it is also true, where genuine postings are also reduced. At this point in time, we do not see the need to require only registered members can post since we are not encountering such problems.

This followed by BLOWINGWIND HIMSELF who made the last post on 7th June 2013 of which part of it is replicated here...

Woah, I am truely disappointed with this type of response.

We do this to support a cause that affects everybody. This only inconvenient some for just one day in donkey years. Immediately he thinks only of his little lost of service and threatening to change site.

Where is the sense of purpose? Bochup( apathy)

Where is the sense of loyalty?

This site existed for so long because of the loyalty of many anonymous guests. You should not fail to notice that guests outnumber members almost 3 to 1. It is for their years of loyalty that is why we will never change our policy of allowing guest posting.

Sure, some may use the anonymity to troll BW

But we have moderators and the flaming room to control them. You have the freedom of speech to criticize them and the mouse button to skip if you are bored with them. Again for that little inconvenience, it is for the good of the majority.

For them, internet freedom is a big issue. You never know what you have until it's gone. Well, BW is only gone for a day but it could be gone forever if we lose internet freedom. Sure, for the apathetic and the faithless, they wouldn't miss a thing and move to another site. But with that 50K limit, only the well controlled sites would exist. The active sites would be shut down as soon as they get too popular and reach that limit.

For the loyal guests and members, BW is where they belong. This is where they can feel comfortable talking about gay things and other favorite things. They always remember to come back to BW and then they don't feel。。。 so bad

Sad to say, but this is the answer I was looking for when starting this thread. I was asking the moderators on why such move was done on my starter post  in this thread but nope, no justification was given. Ironically, a guest has the answer. And whoever this guest is, he probably isn't just a guest ;)

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, water said:

Sad to say, but this is the answer I was looking for when starting this thread. I was asking the moderators on why such move was done on my starter post  in this thread but nope, no justification was given. Ironically, a guest has the answer. And whoever this guest is, he probably isn't just a guest ;)

Yes, I am not just one of the Guest. I am one of those anonymous guest mentioned by Mr Blowingwind himself, and I gave life to this forum in the darkest of nights and the longest of days. I existed when this forum was hosted on Geocities, when internet connections was only affordable to corporations, when moderators didn't even exist, and when Blowingwind was the playground for the likes of actionkid, Sotong, Justme, ahboi etc. That is why I can remember and I know the reason for the existence of Guest accounts because I existed at the beginning of Blowingwind almost 19 years ago. But sadly, this reason has been completely lost to this entirely new strawberry generation of members and MODERATORS alike, and I mean an entire generation of members and moderators who will whine and cry about removing guests' ENTITLEMENT just because the former cannot take harsh words and criticisms. My post above serves to remind everyone on what the foundations of this forum are, in case the "tyranny" of the majority MEMBERS starts to de-root the entire system here. And nothing works better than starting out the reply by quoting Lungker's post on it's 11th year anniversary itself.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Yes, I am not just one of the Guest. I am one of those anonymous guest mentioned by Mr Blowingwind himself, and I gave life to this forum in the darkest of nights and the longest of days. I existed when this forum was hosted on Geocities, when internet connections was only affordable to corporations, when moderators didn't even exist, and when Blowingwind was the playground for the likes of actionkid, Sotong, Justme, ahboi etc. That is why I can remember and I know the reason for the existence of Guest accounts because I existed at the beginning of Blowingwind almost 19 years ago. But sadly, this reason has been completely lost to this entirely new strawberry generation of members and MODERATORS alike, and I mean an entire generation of members and moderators who will whine and cry about removing guests' ENTITLEMENT just because the former cannot take harsh words and criticisms. My post above serves to remind everyone on what the foundations of this forum are, in case the "tyranny" of the majority MEMBERS starts to de-root the entire system here. And nothing works better than starting out the reply by quoting Lungker's post on it's 11th year anniversary itself.

:clap::clap:

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Oh my, Sorry for our ignorance. Can 小弟 humbly request you to change your nick to "Guest 先师" or "Guest Ancestor" so that Future generations will not show you any disrespect from now on ... LOL ( *Servants faster slaughter a chicken, a sheep and a cow to honor our Distinguished Guest!!!) 

Jokes aside, anyway thanks for the explanation for the existence of Guest Account in BW. Much appreciated ^_^

1 hour ago, KENZ said:

Oh my, Sorry for our ignorance. Can 小弟 humbly request you to change your nick to "Guest 先师" or "Guest Ancestor" so that Future generations will not show you any disrespect from now on ... LOL ( *Servants faster slaughter a chicken, a sheep and a cow to honor our Distinguished Guest!!!) 

Jokes aside, anyway thanks for the explanation for the existence of Guest Account in BW. Much appreciated ^_^

Kenz  小弟

this is so sarcastic loh

but I liked such treatment to be meted out to all guests! an understated punishment, in fact!

Guest Guest
5 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Kenz  小弟

this is so sarcastic loh

but I liked such treatment to be meted out to all guests! an understated punishment, in fact!

jlaw-okay.gif 

Guest 葫芦小金刚

I wouldn't bank on the words of the 小媚莓  who spreads her legs for monks either!

• Guest locked this topic