Male HQ

Credibility of Guest Posts in BW (Posting without an account)

water

I've always wondered why some people who post comments here in BW do not hold an account. For one, I do not trust the credibility of whatever Guests posts because it can be any tom, dick and harry (or mary). They can be guys or girls, gays or even straights - here to comment on things that may be falsified and untrue. They can be here just to stir or create rumours in the community. But they can also be genuine people who post true information. It is tough to discern this. In fact, anything that anyone posts anywhere online must be taken with a pinch of salt.

To suggest if everyone must possess a BW forum account, do you think that will be better option for BW? I think it will be somewhat better. Of course it doesn't mean that ppl with accounts are real-er than those without, but at least, we can know and see how many posts that account holder posts and what kind (the quality) of posts he puts here in BW. These will be factors, for me personally, that will determine the credibility of the commenter.

E.g. Example: if the account posted 10 or more comments in the forum but all of his posts surround around information that are fishy or questionable, then his credibility is also affected. If the account posted only one comment and never seen to use that account anymore after comment is made, that's also pretty suspicious to me.

I just wonder why we allow people who don't possess an account to post things in this forum, @G_M. It will be nice if the moderators can see this as a suggestion :)

exactly... guest should be banned... esp there is this one nut "GUEST GUEST" who is just here to pick fights! tracked thro all his/her comments/posts were always to attcked others members!

it could just be that one nut or many different people using the same nick "GUEST GUEST"!

Edited by mith

Guest Guest

If they are so many rules and restriction , do you think people

will be interested or be bothered to post much . Slowly  and surely the forum will be dead when lesser people post . And straight guy and bi will not post due to concerns ......

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, mith said:

exactly... guest should be banned... esp there is this one nut "GUEST GUEST" who is just here to pick fights! tracked thro all his/her comments/posts were always to attcked others members!

it could just be that one nut or many different people using the same nick "GUEST GUEST"!

It's rich of you to claim that guests attack members when you are constantly calling Sun Ho names and defaming her and her husband's reputation by alleging that they love black cock.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

If they are so many rules and restriction , do you think people

will be interested or be bothered to post much . Slowly  and surely the forum will be dead when lesser people post . And straight guy and bi will not post due to concerns ......

Every other forum requires you to sign up to post. This suggestion is hardly new or excessive. In fact, this is the only forum I know that allows guests to post. Guests should do well to remember posting without an account is a privilege and not an entitlement.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, EasleyLim said:

Guests should do well to remember posting without an account is a privilege and not an entitlement.

Members should do well to remember posting at all in BW is a privilege and not an entitlement.

29 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Members should do well to remember posting at all in BW is a privilege and not an entitlement.

Whether privilege or entitlement, member or guest, one should not condemn or belittle others. Moderators should monitor such posters and to give them warnings or even ban those repeated violators from BW.

35 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Everyone should do well to remember that. But now, members are not the ones bitching about needing to sign up an account with a throwaway email.

It's also not the first time this issue has been raised. Whatever you think you have against signing up an account for has already been countered many times. The only reason (as far as I can tell) that guests are still allowed to post as guests is cause the mods allows it. Mods have everything to gain and nothing to lose by disabling this feature.

2 minutes ago, Guest Ban said:

Whether privilege or entitlement, member or guest, one should not condemn or belittle others. Moderators should monitor such posters and to give them warnings or even ban those repeated violators from BW.

You can't do lasting damage against Guest accounts. Banning and warning point works for members but not guests. Can't comment on IP ban though.

4 minutes ago, EasleyLim said:

You can't do lasting damage against Guest accounts. Banning and warning point works for members but not guests. Can't comment on IP ban though.

this is so unfair!

Guest Guest
52 minutes ago, EasleyLim said:

But now, members are not the ones bitching about needing to sign up an account with a throwaway email.

You're the one bitching about guests not needing to sign up an account with a throwaway email.

5 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You're the one bitching about guests not needing to sign up an account with a throwaway email.

Not really. I couldn't care less whether you guys sign up or not. I was just pointing out that there's no reason why you shouldn't sign up, other than because you don't want to. Claims of it being troublesome and whatnot have been thoroughly debunked. Literally no other reasons why you cannot other than you don't feel like it.

Guest Guest
6 minutes ago, EasleyLim said:

Not really. I couldn't care less whether you guys sign up or not. I was just pointing out that there's no reason why you shouldn't sign up, other than because you don't want to. Claims of it being troublesome and whatnot have been thoroughly debunked. Literally no other reasons why you cannot other than you don't feel like it.

fadb28265199f58116fe7ab34d9029b8.jpg

Guest Guest

Actually I don't really bother to sign up because as far as I have been long in this forum I can also see members who can be real bitches too with no substance at all .

So I do agree its really up to us as readers to discern on certain threads and comments that members or guests 

make。

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Actually I don't really bother to sign up because as far as I have been long in this forum I can also see members who can be real bitches too with no substance at all .

So I do agree its really up to us as readers to discern on certain threads and comments that members or guests 

make。

That was one of the point that was brought up in the previous thread about guest postings. But the other side to this is that the issue isn't on the quality of the posts but how guests can be held accountable for their posts. Members get warning points and suspension of account privileges but guests gets off scot-free. 

Guest Glyph

Actually, what gets to me is the fact that Guest content cannot be put on ignore list. Might as well not have that around, really. Practically useless because.. I'll just stop here.

What gets to me even more than that is some Guests seem to think they're on the power seat proclaiming that a change of posting regulation will result in the death of BW. Ha. Ha. Ha.

make。

If don't give a fuck, then fuck off

1 hour ago, Glyph said:

Actually, what gets to me is the fact that Guest content cannot be put on ignore list. Might as well not have that around, really. Practically useless because.. I'll just stop here.

What gets to me even more than that is some Guests seem to think they're on the power seat proclaiming that a change of posting regulation will result in the death of BW. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Like people who say they got rights and stuffs cause they got pay tax? macam nobody else pay tax like that.

there is no need to get so work up with any nameless and faceless guys or girls ....even with name and face, it doesn't mean anything as most people are using fake name and fake pict....a mature forum should be able to take different views and opinions but unfortunately u realise that there are lots of people here who cannot accept differences....hence this forum is more of a place for people to come in and vent their anger, frustration etc....there are people who contribute constructively but there are also people who just behave like a mad dog, keep barking at others and the best thing to do when u face a mad dog, don't agitate them, just walk away and leave them alone........

5 hours ago, lovehandle said:

but it doesn't take long to log-on /register right??

I mean it is so unfair to mbrs

You can't regulate and control what guest will say. I can kinda accept that. The problem I see which is more frequent and since have no way to confirm this without access to the server. Many a times.. among the GUESTs are actually member who disguise as guest to make a rude or unfavorable comment and escape persecution with their nick. That's what I find more sad about. If you have access to log in and you check on things like IP and other codes you can tell if someone come in as his nick and then later find the same code shown but under a guest status.

I have make a case to have BW a few times to give up the guest mode but I respect them for not doing so. I am sure they have their reason for this.

So what I try to do now is, for unreasonable GUEST remarks or queries, I totally ignore them, for nicks that irritates, I ban them from my view so I don;t ever get to read them even by accident. That is about all you can do lah. heheh..

Don't lose sleep over this people. They use GUEST mode for ulterior reasons... usually to stir the pot or heave insult as a form of self gratification meaningless victory as it is. For me, if I disagree with you I tell it in my own nick. I am open to debate and I standby what I say good, bad or bitchy. But I let you make your case to be fair and if you are right I will change my view point or apologies. there is no points to win or money to be gain here.

Nothing we can really do but behave as good example people and hope more will follow.

But I guess we should be lucky the member only areas at least does not allow GUEST to comment without a proper registered nick.

So if you want a seriously place to do a topic and only want members to answer you in the hope you get more balance and courteous responds, do it there.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Don't know if it's me only, the main forum topics seem more interesting compared to the members Lounge.

Perhaps the current members Lounge will be a fair indicator of what blowing wind Forum will become should the "Guest" mode be shut down 

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, KENZ said:

Perhaps the current members Lounge will be a fair indicator of what blowing wind Forum will become should the "Guest" mode be shut down 

704_1731783_304386.gif

Glad lots of feedback were given here, even from the guests themselves (or himself if he belongs to the the multi personality category @G_M listed.

But this guy brought up a good point:

45 minutes ago, KENZ said:

Don't know if it's me only, the main forum topics seem more interesting compared to the members Lounge.

It's a hint of what we members can do if we really don't want these guests to participate - we should start posting everything under the members lounge. At times, it can be confusing for some of us as to which threads belong to members lounge and which one belongs to main forum (although you can find out its category easily at the top of each thread).

As time goes on, if the members lounge gets really exciting, then maybe guests will have to sign up regardless :P It will take time, but it's probably the only way to just get rid of guests participating. However, that doesn't take away the fact that these ppl will sign up just to troll the world endlessly but you can find out his troll activities on his profile now ;) 

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, EasleyLim said:

Why should we give you any REASON for the CHOICES we make? Do I need to explain to you why I chose to wear a white shirt yesterday and a blue shirt tomorrow? If I don't choose to sign up, it's my choice. No explanation necessary. Not happy, go to the Members zone. Period.

pito.gif~c200

9 hours ago, mith said:

You only remember those guests who pick fights with you, but forgot about those guest who fought by your side in the condemnation of City Harvest case hor? You want us to clap for you?

orsonclapping.gif~c200

3 hours ago, Glyph said:

The writings are already on the wall with your current cold-palace Members Lounge and the old Trevvy and Fridae etc. Hahahahaha...

hqdefault.jpg

38 minutes ago, KENZ said:

You wanna know why the Members Lounge is such a cold place? It's simply because each and every member is trying to put up a hypocritical mask and trying to be nicey dicey to their "friends" there, so that they can still go out and potentially meet at the Pink Dot next time, or drink coffee tomorrow, or suck each other's cock tonight, or chat online an hour later. Nobody can take off their mask there and speak their own mind on their internal support for City Harvest Church, or their fetish for small cocks, or the fact that they are some huge bottom sluts behind closed doors, or the fact that they are HIV+ This is the anonymity offered by the main board as GUEST. I bet with you many Guests here have their own Members accounts as well. LOL!

unmask.jpg?w=222&h=197

Guest Guest

Agree with the above guest ...some members are really hypocrites acting nice so that they can still meet up etc..

Also agree with upshot and lonelyglobes point and gm point about different guests motive and members who post as guest too .

Guest Housemate

1 hour ago, G_M said:

2. The Multi Personality - Some guests will post many post under different guest nicks just to make it seems that many people are discussing the same topic. Some guests even ask questions and answers themselves. Maybe they have split personalities or had gone bonkers. [e.g. below]

Could be housemates sharing one connection in diff rooms? Maybe they don't even realise they are communicating to each other... :mellow:

Guest Guest

U see when I don't bother to sign up ..I get rude vulgar remark from lovehandle..

Really this is my opinion and yet I get some unpleasantness from such member. Haiz

guests or members, they help bw forum to go on and on, you have the choice to ignore or respond, i see no reason why have to stop them writing in? last time members and guests can get along quite well, why can 't now?  is it people now think their iq getting higher but at the same time their eq become lower? if we don't even can tolerate each other, what right we want others to accept we are gay? 

Guest Dreamerboy

Debate here and there. In the end it doesn't matter. If guests continue to be allowed, our overall happiness remains the same. If guests are banned, our overall happiness still remains unchanged. If this does affect our happiness, then whatever happiness we have is pitiable indeed. 

Guest Guest

You wanna know why the Members Lounge is such a cold place? It's simply because each and every member is trying to put up a hypocritical mask and trying to be nicey dicey to their "friends" there, so that they can still go out and potentially meet at the Pink Dot next time, or drink coffee tomorrow, or suck each other's cock tonight, or chat online an hour later. Nobody can take off their mask there and speak their own mind on their internal support for City Harvest Church, or their fetish for small cocks, or the fact that they are some huge bottom sluts behind closed doors, or the fact that they are HIV+ This is the anonymity offered by the main board as GUEST. I bet with you many Guests here have their own Members accounts as well. LOL!

unmask.jpg?w=222&h=197

Yeah, the member's lounge is so fake and artificially sanitised.

There are some interesting ideas in this thread.

I'm personnally more into a freedom of speech, even if some sickos go too far sometimes.

And I'm afraid there is no ideal solution preventing weird people from posting, one way or the other. At least, we can have a good laugh and ignore them.

This being said, the percentage of mental defective guys must be comparable here and in any other human group, rather low I suppose. Unfortunately, they are often the most visible ones...

Mod job is certainly not an easy one, good luck to them!:lol:

Guest Glyph

Not much point for me to say this actually since I'm not at all bothered by Guests, maybe except for that one time I regurgitated lunch cause one of them posted pictures of poop. Seriously, that was fucked up. Pardon the language..

Anyway, I don't think the current state of members' lounge is a good gauge of how it'd be like if guest postings were disabled. In the first place, said subforum wouldn't even exist because there wouldn't be a need for it. And let's not compare Trevvy and Fridae, they aren't even full-fledged forum sites. They prolly died cause they were overly focussed on their pay-to-access features. At least from what I've heard, they care little about their forum.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

There are some interesting ideas in this thread.

I'm personnally more into a freedom of speech, even if some sickos go too far sometimes.

And I'm afraid there is no ideal solution preventing weird people from posting, one way or the other. At least, we can have a good laugh and ignore them.

This being said, the percentage of mental defective guys must be comparable here and in any other human group, rather low I suppose. Unfortunately, they are often the most visible ones...

Mod job is certainly not an easy one, good luck to them!:lol:

The problem with some of these "mental defective" weird guys is that they have "Entitlement disease" they think that they own this forum.

I agree. It reminds me of some companies where minority shareholders are the noisiest.

Well, we have not really "shares" here, ok...

And to be honest, a majority of guests write intelligent, funny, informative, or at least neutral posts. But I have no miracle solution for handling the other ones.:(

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I agree. It reminds me of some companies where minority shareholders are the noisiest.

Well, we have not really "shares" here, ok...

And to be honest, a majority of guests write intelligent, funny, informative, or at least neutral posts. But I have no miracle solution for handling the other ones.:(

Something akin to people's power, I suppose? Then again, it only works if the masses combined their power and make a concentrated effort to, I dunno, boycott BW or something. However, there will always be other guests that will replace the ones who leave, so I'm not sure how effective their efforts will be (though I'm sure it'll be very entertaining) 

Edited by EasleyLim

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, EasleyLim said:

Something akin to people's power, I suppose? Then again, it only works if the masses combined their power and make a concentrated effort to, I dunno, boycott BW or something. However, there will always be other guests that will replace the ones who leave, so I'm not sure how effective their efforts will be (though I'm sure it'll be very entertaining) 

Guests boycotting BW because it removes guest posting is a much likelier situation compared to members boycotting BW because it allows guest posting.

Just look at yourself, you're still here responding to me despite getting your knickers in a twist about members being second class citizens compared to guests (oh, but you have PM functions! LOL!!)

Being nice and showing concern and encouragement to each other considered hypocrisy meh? 

Isn't this basic courtesy to another human, part and parcel of social interaction, bonding and cohesion.

i can't imagine how society will be if all of us behave like Amos Yee. 

Not too sure if this was answered before, but seriously why the founders and Mods of BW allow for "guest" mode?

Is that your distinguishing factor to make BW unique compared to other forums out there?

Cannot be as what some guest mentioned that Mods use Guest mode to do anonymous posting ba?!?

If members want to be discreet can don't use face pic mah, if certain members get very bad reputations, they can easily sign up a new account to start posting again. No diff from "guest" mode leh.

Guest River nile
14 hours ago, Glyph said:

Not much point for me to say this actually since I'm not at all bothered by Guests, maybe except for that one time I regurgitated lunch cause one of them posted pictures of poop. Seriously, that was fucked up. Pardon the language..

Anyway, I don't think the current state of members' lounge is a good gauge of how it'd be like if guest postings were disabled. In the first place, said subforum wouldn't even exist because there wouldn't be a need for it. And let's not compare Trevvy and Fridae, they aren't even full-fledged forum sites. They prolly died cause they were overly focussed on their pay-to-access features. At least from what I've heard, they care little about their forum.

I remember you had impassionately wanted before to remove guest mode citing the reason society had progressed far enough for gays to come out from anonymous status.

8 hours ago, EasleyLim said:

Yes, something like people's power, which could also be called "democracy", if their combined votes or ideas make a majority.

But I was only thinking of individuals, or small groups, who can shout louder than the majority. They can be right or have good innovative ideas sometimes, but they can also be losers in need of fame or social recognition.

Anyway, you are right, such "class action" would be funny to watch...:lol:

Guest Guests
7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yes, something like people's power, which could also be called "democracy", if their combined votes or ideas make a majority.

But I was only thinking of individuals, or small groups, who can shout louder than the majority. They can be right or have good innovative ideas sometimes, but they can also be losers in need of fame or social recognition.

Anyway, you are right, such "class action" would be funny to watch...:lol:

:lol::lol:

• Guest locked this topic