Male HQ

Singaporean man threatens to open fire on LGBT in Singapore

Vometra

Guest Guest
16 minutes ago, nickelback said:

In the past, we were tolerant because we believe we won't be harm but this issue has brought to light what hatred is really capable of. I feel angry that the govt let it fester, and if that is the position they take then we are left with no choice but to report them to protect ourselves.

Hear hear.  This Bryan Lim #bryanlim should be arrested and jailed

Anyone who has read his feeble attempt/'apology' at explaining away his contemptuous comments would know

that he had directed them at the LGBT community and NOT the foreign sponsors.

It doesn't even begin to make sense if we read his comments to mean 'fire away at the sponsors'....

'die for their causes'.

Please, this bigot ought to be handed the full and just course of justice for making such threats against fellow

human beings.

Guest Guest

I don't think he seriously wants to kill anyone and is just plain stupid to write such stuff.

I hope he learns from this and I wish him well.

Guest Guest

Strong message should be sent across that zero tolerance needed for threatening of all sorts of

behaviours  towards one ,including violence !

Guest Why taunt others?
27 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I don't think he seriously wants to kill anyone and is just plain stupid to write such stuff.

He is extremely "liberal" with his words for a teacher. Why say something he didn't mean anyway? He ought to know better for someone whom many students may look up to. No excuse for such potentially instigative words under any circumstance for anyone. Furthermore, at times like this when the threat is there, with the mass shooting of gays having just occured in Orlando, and the fact that he serves the SPF during his reservice so he can have access to guns.

31 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

He is active in waapd and no doubt will continue to be.

I don't think he is remorseful and I certainly don't wish him well.

1 hour ago, EasleyLim said:

Don't think the govnt is that stupid. Declining birthrates won't rise simply because they legalize homosexuality. It's not like making homosexualiy illegal makes LGBTs go have straight sex anyway.  

Agree. Our gahment has always been pretty secular and practical.

But votes are important and they rely on moral authority to rule, hence the constant harping on moral values and continuing refusal to remove 377a.

Guest Censored ghey

Aiyo why my posts keep getting deleted har? Cannot badmouth the govt, badmouth the moderators also cannot meh

During this period, the Mods are "Keeping an eye" on this Sensitive Topic. 

I am sure the authorities are monitoring the social media/online sites for IRRESPONSIBLE talks too. 

Keep to the topic and Do NOT STIR-SHIT here.

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator

8 hours ago, Vometra said:

Actually he does look a bit gay.

Too bad, if he hasn't been so closeted and self hating, he is actually quite a hot top ... or btm.

4.jpg

Last year I went Taboo, someone offered me a free drink at the bar counter and looked so much better, fitter and hotter than this buibui! Unfortunately, I'm already attached and my bf was outside waiting for my toilet trip.

Not sure where you think the above pic attractive. With or without clothes; with or without dick..

Guest guest

His fb has been deactivated ..earlier on could still see his FB..

Trying to cover his backside after he has acted so irresponsibly as an educator himself I wonder how his students  look up to him .. and I'm sure he isn't fully remorseful at all .

Guest guest
9 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Trying to cover his backside after he has acted so irresponsibly as an educator himself I wonder how his students  look up to him .. and I'm sure he isn't fully remorseful at all .

This is well within expectations. Everytime someone makes some controversial remarks, they will quickly deactivate their facebook. It's a natural response. I think he totally didn't expect someone to report police

Guest snowball
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 0:22 AM, Guest :-( said:

Last year I went Taboo, someone offered me a free drink at the bar counter and looked so much better, fitter and hotter than this buibui! Unfortunately, I'm already attached and my bf was outside waiting for my toilet trip.

Not sure where you think the above pic attractive. With or without clothes; with or without dick..

每个人的心中都有一把尺,别以自己的标准为中心,更别视为真理,你认为的,他人也同样可以否定,不认同。

所以说,各花( 草 )入各眼,颜色是多变没有统一单一的。

Guest Jiggly moobs

He looks buibui and feminine. Similar type as omar mateen. Yucks!

Why he so desperately want to prove his manliness for what?

Guest Jiggly moobs
39 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

I'm sure they found him creepy and sinister.

Guest Giggly boobs

He should be shipped to the amazon jungles together with Alice Fong so both sumos can 压 and flatten each other!

Guest Guest

Guys, don't overreact now that SPF and media has picked up on it. I think the lesson has been learnt. No point escalating the conflict - if he loses his job etc, he may lose it (although I think not much left to lose) and go beserk and do something radical. Worse, the escalation provokes some other fundamentalist to do something radical. 大事化小,小事化无。

any legal minds here who can advise on constructive ways on how we can pile on the pressure, before the momentum dies off? which I'm sure is what the police is waiting and hoping for.

this threat should be taken seriously, and the consequences of which should be no different from one who threaten to kill or maim the public.  

sorry, but less bitching, more ideas?

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Guys, don't overreact now that SPF and media has picked up on it. I think the lesson has been learnt. No point escalating the conflict - if he loses his job etc, he may lose it (although I think not much left to lose) and go beserk and do something radical. Worse, the escalation provokes some other fundamentalist to do something radical. 大事化小,小事化无。

Your pacifist approach will only breed more such anti-LGBT militants in the future.

Guest Guest
59 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Your pacifist approach will only breed more such anti-LGBT militants in the future.

冤冤相报何时了?I'm not religious, but turning the left cheek may be more productive. The fundamentalists won't change their bigoted ways. Hope lies in winning over the silent majority. For they will see:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!"

"Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye when you have a plank in yours?"

"The meek shall inherit the earth."

“放下屠刀,立地成佛”.

I think his intent was quite clear with "permission to open fire" and "die for their cause". Tried to salvage it, but who the hell needs permission to debate. 

Anyway, it was good to bring to light such hateful comments especially ones that's as malicious as his. But is it going too far to go on a witch hunt, getting his workplace to be answerable which has no relation or link to the comment. Highlighting to spf is good since it could be an avenue for him to act out and acquire arms, so we want to prevent that from happening.

Should there be a line drawn somewhere from this act of social vigilante?

Edited by awkwardpenguin

it is time to tell people that hate crimes exist and to show others that there are those who wish lgbt are dead and that we do not tolerate individuals or groups that support hatred and bullying. It's time we stop being bullied and oppressed.

Edited by nickelback

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

冤冤相报何时了?I'm not religious, but turning the left cheek may be more productive. The fundamentalists won't change their bigoted ways. Hope lies in winning over the silent majority. For they will see:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!"

"Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye when you have a plank in yours?"

"The meek shall inherit the earth."

“放下屠刀,立地成佛”.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!"?? In case you are not aware, while we are thinking of casting stones, he is thinking of using bullets.

"Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye when you have a plank in yours?"?? Because I have no "plank" in my eye any bigger than his "speck" of threat he had voiced out. 

"The meek shall inherit the earth."?? I am not a cockroach.

“放下屠刀,立地成佛”.??? 老兄,刀和枪都在被人家手中。

Yes, we can tell you are not religious. But you are a coward.

Wonder what is this Bryan Lim doing right now?

Shutdown his Facebook, switch off his mobile? take leave to hide at home? talk to his religion support group for healing? continue to think that he did nothing wrong, the world is wronged?  he's praying that someone else will do something horrible to take off him, just like he took over Alice Fong? does he learn his lesson?

PS: Alice Fong must be laughing now.  

Guest SGPorean

Whatever the outcome might be, this guy is really and utterly foolish. 

I am not sure why he is not aware (or maybe he does) that such remarks posted online will have serious repercussions, fancy him being an educator and police officer. 

As expected, he made a public apology soon after and defended himself saying things are taken out of context. The principle of this is the same as the excuse given by Rui En's infamous remarks "Do you know who I am??"; that the whole world misunderstood what I said. 

I think they took everybody as fools too. 

Remember the angmoh with his son who spilled offensive remarks belittling commuters on our local train? He was sacked by his company. Comparatively, this case being more serious, I hope Canon will practice what the company preaches in its Corporate Social Responsibility, and fire him. My view is that as a mature adult, one has to answer to his own actions, even if he is merely seeking attention. This is no laughing matter. 

Guest Straight Lesbians
17 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Curious to know more...he is religious? Apparently he's friendly with Carrie Shalom? What other groups is he part of...?-_-

Carrie Shalom helped suck his dick. Now that's disgusting and vile, according to Carrie.

Guest Ew ill ilk

I do not hope and wish. My heart isn't that black. But i think he needs to go to jail. As a deterrance for others of his ilk. He claimed his words were taken out of context. I can also say because of WIDER CONTEXTS and implications, he HAS to go to jail.

Guest Guest Christian

Its not up to us to say whether he loses his job or not..Canon has the say anyway he should learn his lesson and post responsibly ..he has too much inflated ego and deep seated hatred for faggots and see how he disturbed the lesbian couple... if you go look over the waapd fb those bigots are still the same I don't think any of them feel remorseful at all anyway ..yeah right they don't promote hate etc..I'm sure some of their members  do come  in here too .

Guest Alamak
3 hours ago, Guest SGPorean said:

Whatever the outcome might be, this guy is really and utterly foolish. 

I am not sure why he is not aware (or maybe he does) that such remarks posted online will have serious repercussions, fancy him being an educator and police officer. 

He is an adult. He is fully aware of what he was typing.  He has such strong courage to shoot because his hatre against LGBT is extremely strong.  He, needs to be stopped before he turned into an insane radicalised anti-LGBT terrorist.  I wonder, will those LGBT working in Canon now at a very risky situation. The company should protect them at all cost.

Guest Adele
36 minutes ago, Guest Guest Christian said:

Its not up to us to say whether he loses his job or not..Canon has the say anyway he should learn his lesson and post responsibly ..he has too much inflated ego and deep seated hatred for faggots and see how he disturbed the lesbian couple... if you go look over the waapd fb those bigots are still the same I don't think any of them feel remorseful at all anyway ..yeah right they don't promote hate etc..I'm sure some of their members  do come  in here too .

Why not? Here is one of them. HELL-o bigot!

Guest Nellie

Those waapd gay bigots are here to save his sorry gay ass because they want his gay ass for themselves. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF DENIAL. Amen! Or rather, MORE MEN! Teehee.

Guest Miranda Priestly
47 minutes ago, Guest Guest Christian said:

Did you just call us faggots? Stir some more... Come....

Guest guest

After making a police report against the online threats of Bryan Lim earlier today, I've just received a call from the SIO of Tanglin Police Station informing me that the case has been referred to the ISD for further investigations. They have also appealed for more information on this Bryan Lim so if anyone knows him personally please come forward to help our home team with their investigations.

Bryan Lim may be the central figure in this unsettling case but I think there is a greater evil behind his open threat. People like him are mostly moved by the insidious antics of Lawrence Khong of the FCBC who incessantly attacks the LGBT community with little justification beyond his ungodly desire to hate those whom he would not love. When the government and law enforcement agencies of this secular state choose to ignore the dangerous conduct of these religious bigots, they are actually empowering them to boldly move forward and openly infringe on the civil liberties of others who wish for nothing more than living their own lives as free citizens of a democratic country.

A mighty shame for a country that's performed so well in so many areas except for the freedom for one to love and be loved, which should be a constitutional guarantee but shamefully, is not.

Guest Canon should dismiss him

Man reported for 'open fire' comment on LGBT rally says it was out of context

Mr Bryan Lim yesterday apologised for the ‘misunderstanding’ over his comment on We Are Against Pinkdot In Singapore Facebook page, which he posted on the same day the Pink Dot event took place (above).

Photo: The New Paper

Update: The police have confirmed that Bryan Lim is not a National Serviceman in the police force.

A man who wrote on Facebook that he'd "open fire" is being investigated by the police.

On June 4, Mr Bryan Lim posted on the Facebook page We Are Against Pinkdot In Singapore: "I am a Singaporean. I am a NSman. I am a father. And I swore to protect my nation.

"Give me the permission to open fire. I would like to see these £@€$^*s die for their causes."

He made the comment in response to a post that expressed discontent against multi-national corporations supporting Pink Dot, an annual event in support of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) cause.

Bryan3.jpg

Another Facebook user, Mr Kenneth Tan, later flagged Mr Lim's comments on the Singapore Police Force's Facebook page. Yesterday, the police confirmed the report and said investigations were ongoing.

We Are Against Pinkdot In Singapore is a public group where its 7,500-plus members discuss the Pink Dot movement.

It is unclear if Mr Lim was targeting the LGBT community or its supporters.

But coming on the heels of Sunday's deadly attack on a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, where at least 49 people were killed in what is believed to be the worst mass shooting in US history, news of his post took on added significance.

DISCRIMINATION

Pink Dot spokesman Paerin Choa said in a statement yesterday: "Recent horrific acts of hate underscore the discrimination that continues to be directed at the LGBT community.

"The presence of individuals who harbour such thoughts and publicly perpetuate intolerance deeply saddens and concerns us.

"This clearly shows we should never take what we have for granted and continue to seek dialogue and opportunities to highlight the dangers of discrimination and intolerance."

Responding to a report by online news site Mothership yesterday, Mr Lim apologised for the "misunderstanding": "I did not mean anyone. I meant Bloomberg and foreign intervention in local matters.

"This was taken out of context. I hope this clears the air.

"I did not mean physical bullets nor physical death. I mean open fire in debate and remove them from Singapore domestic matters."

Mr Lim's employer Canon Singapore, said yesterday that it does "not condone violence in any form" and would be "looking into this matter".

harizbah@sph.com.sg

2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

After making a police report against the online threats of Bryan Lim earlier today, I've just received a call from the SIO of Tanglin Police Station informing me that the case has been referred to the ISD for further investigations. They have also appealed for more information on this Bryan Lim so if anyone knows him personally please come forward to help our home team with their investigations.

Bryan Lim may be the central figure in this unsettling case but I think there is a greater evil behind his open threat. People like him are mostly moved by the insidious antics of Lawrence Khong of the FCBC who incessantly attacks the LGBT community with little justification beyond his ungodly desire to hate those whom he would not love. When the government and law enforcement agencies of this secular state choose to ignore the dangerous conduct of these religious bigots, they are actually empowering them to boldly move forward and openly infringe on the civil liberties of others who wish for nothing more than living their own lives as free citizens of a democratic country.

A mighty shame for a country that's performed so well in so many areas except for the freedom for one to love and be loved, which should be a constitutional guarantee but shamefully, is not.

Couldn't agree more.

This is one instance when u do need to make an example of him. The culture of hate and intolerance must be nipped in the bud, simply because of the diversity of the people living in such a small country.

We do not want to go the way of Russia.

Totally agree.

In fact, one can argue that Bryan Lim is "self-radicalised" by immersing himself in hate sites such as WAAPD and listening to incendiary sermons by hate preachers like LK. ISD should look into this.

Guest Colleague
20 hours ago, Guest Jiggly moobs said:

He looks buibui and feminine. Similar type as omar mateen. Yucks!

Why he so desperately want to prove his manliness for what?

Wait till you see his dick. Very small. Don't ask how I know.

Guest Toothpick
42 minutes ago, Guest Colleague said:

Wait till you see his dick. Very small. Don't ask how I know.

Oh thanks for the erm, tidbit. Surprises me? No. I will be if he has a normal sized dick. Muahahaha

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Vometra said:

Totally agree.

In fact, one can argue that Bryan Lim is "self-radicalised" by immersing himself in hate sites such as WAAPD and listening to incendiary sermons by hate preachers like LK. ISD should look into this.

I wonder if calling others hate this and hate that, is itself an act of hatred.

to guest guest:

no matter how you try to rationalise it, a hate site is exactly that, and an act of hatred, whether verbal or physical, should never be rationalised or tolerated.

straight or gay, i have every right to live in this country as any other citizens here. u may disagree with my views or my lifestyle, but u have no right to impose ur views on me, much less to threaten me.

• Guest locked this topic