Male HQ

Poor oral hygiene!

Guest Turnoff

Guest Turnoff

Been meeting a number of guys from social apps, I noticed most of the local guys smell good until they open their mouth. It's a complete turn off, is it really hard to practice good oral hygiene, to brush, floss and scrape your tongue?

but many laughed at me when I said I often scrape my tongue and I need my tools for scraping when I go overseas

Everyone looked at me as though I m an alien, I m not sure why though

How do they smell good before opening their mouth (by cologne , perfume)?

the least, I will do when I hve no access to tooth tools , I will have a flavoured sweet or something that taste like chewing gums (I m not used too very strong mint like fisherman's)

Guest Turnoff
13 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

but many laughed at me when I said I often scrape my tongue and I need my tools for scraping when I go overseas

How do they smell good before opening their mouth (by cologne , perfume)?

the least, I will do when I hve no access to tooth tools , I will have a flavoured sweet or something that taste like chewing gums (I m not used too very strong mint like fisherman's)

They do not seem to understand that food particles and whats not will get stuck on the tongue surface and overtime if not scrapped wll decay and cause really bad breath. I hate that smell.

I met a guy who was attached and I have no idea how his boyfriend can tolerate his bad breath.. nearly fainted when he opened his mouth.

Generally most asians will not have body odor because we have the least sweat glands as compared to caucasians. Hence taking a shower will eliminate any body odor. Caucasians usually need to apply deodorant because they sweat alot.

Guest Ridley
14 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

... And this topic is about oral hygiene.  I can't help thinking of this image. Lol

file_598282_alien-3-09232014-091338.jpg

ridley not funny

TUrnoff,

but due to hot weather esp getting hotter, many sweat @at armpit , I m guilty of that, I do use deodorant  , I don't think Europe/Amer etc ctries have such humid temp like in sg

many felt Indians or the likes, have exotic b.o.

I can endure abit of odd smell, but not to the extent of overly powering

Guest 22222222
1 hour ago, Guest Turnoff said:

Been meeting a number of guys from social apps, I noticed most of the local guys smell good until they open their mouth. It's a complete turn off, is it really hard to practice good oral hygiene, to brush, floss and scrape your tongue?

Some times being too scrupulously celan abou the moth and teeth can lead to a from of bad breath .

Flossing the teeth too harhly and causing bleeding between the teeth that does not get washed and rinsed can lead to a form of bad breath that is caused by the blood fermenting and rotting. so advisable to rinse with listerine after flossing teeth and make sure teeth stop bleeding too.

Over using oral rinse like strong listerine can lead to dry mouth and dry lining sof the mouth hence a bad breath occurs too .

Try to strike a balance

can't agree more with this.. it's hard to come by people who will practice some oral hygiene like scraping their tongue. Yeah I also have a tongue scraping tool and when I'm overseas and I don't have it.... excuse my weird-ness but I will use the spoon provided in hotel rooms (but of course wash em).

The stuff that collects on ur tongue is probably the main cause of bad breath so.. some people only bother to clean their teeth which is only one small part of it. And if you kiss... damn man. Suck on the plaque covered tongue gross

img_1295_y5oCqh.jpg.5b665c90780c79ea8d4d942b76c3b4fb.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeee poor spoon, Uomo

Poor spoon, I m imagining I m the spoon ie on a high class dining table now
and Chinese medicine believe a lot on seeing/viewing the tongue to determine health conditions

Hence the tongue is not just for the tongue's purpose

I myself is not someone who uses perfume n such to cover my body odor cus i smell kinda bland even if i sweat. Even when sweat profusely my body odor is not that bad that people would cover their nose. I smell kinda like sea salt or something.

And as for oral hygiene, always brush tooth but scraping tongue only once every few weeks as my tongue would always bleed abit even when scraped softly maybe due to the aftermath of my first time scraping quite roughly.   

Guest Turnoff
1 hour ago, Carpenter said:

I myself is not someone who uses perfume n such to cover my body odor cus i smell kinda bland even if i sweat. Even when sweat profusely my body odor is not that bad that people would cover their nose. I smell kinda like sea salt or something.

And as for oral hygiene, always brush tooth but scraping tongue only once every few weeks as my tongue would always bleed abit even when scraped softly maybe due to the aftermath of my first time scraping quite roughly.   

I have no issue with the plastic scrapper, maybe be more gentle? The tongue surface is a membrane that is very delicate. Once a week is not enough... eveyrone should scrap everyday in the morning. It contributes to the awful morning breath that everyone faced when they wake up.

Really SG guys got so bad meh?

All Open Mouth Let me Smell

Arghhhh!!! *kenzai fainted* LOL

I use tooth brush to brush my tongue instead of the scraper leh and floss after every meal. 

and yes most importantly Pearlie White breathspray :D*

15 minutes ago, KENZ said:

Really SG guys got so bad meh?

All Open Mouth Let me Smell

Arghhhh!!! *kenzai fainted* LOL

I use tooth brush to brush my tongue instead of the scraper leh and floss after every meal. 

and yes most importantly Pearlie White breathspray :D*

Nice, Blacque, so sweeeetttttt

Kenz

not all some, using breathspray is as good as masking it w mints
the back of toothbrush thing doesn't really work (for me)

and carpenter,once a week not enugh, U need more than that

I bled too when scraping

6 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Nice, Blacque, so sweeeetttttt

Kenz

not all some, using breathspray is as good as masking it w mints
the back of toothbrush thing doesn't really work (for me)

and carpenter,once a week not enugh, U need more than that

I bled too when scraping

not use the back of toothbrush ...is literally brush my tongue daily, not enough meh? 

9 minutes ago, Carpenter said:

Do u guys try to scrap as far back on the tongue? I would always try to clean it even though keep on gagging.

I try to do so too but yeah I'll gag till I vomit lol. I think the back has a lot of plaque there.

Idk.. Many foreigners have bad breath somehow. 

Hey guys tell u all.hardly meet guys with good oral care.9 out of 10 surely got bad smell.a guy i met wanted to bj me but the moment he open his mouth , i quickly zip up n left the place.sometime when u r empty stomach , u will have the bad odour.so pls drink some water or gargle with some water.its a major turn off sia 

Guest YJacket

Brush thoroughly, scrape my tongue, floss than rise with mouth wash often makes me spend over 15mins in the toilet. However it is all worth it, hope more people does this, turn off if bad breath.

Guest Turnoff
4 hours ago, Carpenter said:

Do u guys try to scrap as far back on the tongue? I would always try to clean it even though keep on gagging.

When I scrap in the morning I do go a little further back and that causes the gag reflex which enables me to cough up any phelgm stuck overnight which I will spit out. Sometimes phelgm in the throat causes bad breath too, so it's killing two birds with one stone.

I normally mouth wash + gargle with occasional tongue scrap.  Mouth washes are pretty powerful especially Listerine.   By the time I finish my mouth wash no more tongue plague.  (Really super duper clean) Its a good alternative for people who cannot stand the gag reflex from tongue scrapping.  Tongue plague will pile up over time, got to keep things clean :D

Guest Turnoff
47 minutes ago, Hanabishi said:

I normally mouth wash + gargle with occasional tongue scrap.  Mouth washes are pretty powerful especially Listerine.   By the time I finish my mouth wash no more tongue plague.  (Really super duper clean) Its a good alternative for people who cannot stand the gag reflex from tongue scrapping.  Tongue plague will pile up over time, got to keep things clean :D

Yup love kissing cute guys like you that taste good in the mouth during tongue foreplay hehe.

Bad breath are cause by excessive bacteria buildup, especially at the back of the mouth. Dehydration also increases bacteria buildup. Extensive gum disease, tend to strike quite a big population of people aged 26 and above, also causes bad breath. I start noticing it more and more amongst my friends that their breath stinks. And it get worse as they aged.

Brush twice, floss twice, rinse with antiseptics twice a day and that is the bare minimum. Always rinse with antiseptic mouthwash thirty minutes after eating/drinking anything sweet or starchy too.

And visit the bloody dentists every six months. There is a good reason why it's every six months and not every five years!

Guest Guest

One of the main problems that local guys have is that the set of teeth is not uniformed. Most of the time, their teeth is crooked. Very rarely I see guys whom are blessed with very good nice, proper teeth.  Needless to say, no matter how once tries very hard to maintain oral hygiene, when the teeth are not uniformed, food tends to get stuck in the crevices between teeth. Even if one rinses often (such as in sauna), really, the cleansing effect is limited.

It is good to see more guys started wearing braces.  That is a good first step.

I use a thin metal tongue scrapper, followed by toothbrush to ensure my tongue is clean.

Morning routine: scrap tongue, brush tongue, brush teeth, Colgate mouthwash.

Night routine: floss teeth + above.

Immediately after every meal: floss teeth and gargle with tap water.

Bad breath is something I cannot tolerate, no matter how hunky or good looking the guy is.

5 hours ago, thorzguy said:

Sometimes is the breath can be unforgiving.

Rinse, brush, floss. These are just basic.

Also, drink sufficient water too.

Keep some mints by your side. You never know when you need it.

i think dehydration and the lack of sleep are the 2 more prevalent reasons for bad breath.

when you dont sleep enough, your body becomes heaty and no amount of spray/mouthwash...etc can save you cos the breath comes from within the body.

same as dehydration, many of us work in aircon rooms and we tend to forget to drink water because the environment is not hot and you may not have the urge to drink so the breath becomes bad.

PS: i brush/rinse/floss but its really useless cos of my lifestyle

Edited by wintersnow

Guest Turnoff
10 hours ago, wintersnow said:

i think dehydration and the lack of sleep are the 2 more prevalent reasons for bad breath.

when you dont sleep enough, your body becomes heaty and no amount of spray/mouthwash...etc can save you cos the breath comes from within the body.

same as dehydration, many of us work in aircon rooms and we tend to forget to drink water because the environment is not hot and you may not have the urge to drink so the breath becomes bad.

PS: i brush/rinse/floss but its really useless cos of my lifestyle

Did you scrap your tongue daily? Like I said if you don't then you will not reduce the bad smell. Also avoid eating onions and garlic. If all these don't work then it could be an inderlying health issue.

Guest Turnoff
10 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Lifestyle?? U a smoker??

I avoid smokers like the plague, I can't even breath properly when they are close by. *COUGH*

Some people may even have tonsil stones.

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/tonsil-stones-tonsilloliths-treatment-and-prevention

They're basically debris (food, etc) trapped within the crypts of your tonsils, which will calcify to form tonsil 'stones' that emit a very pungent odour. 

It'll be good to look out for them if you think you have consistently bad breath issues.

Instagram: vodkabaker

Guest Turnoff
53 minutes ago, Blacque said:

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/tonsil-stones-tonsilloliths-treatment-and-prevention

They're basically debris (food, etc) trapped within the crypts of your tonsils, which will calcify to form tonsil 'stones' that emit a very pungent odour. 

It'll be good to look out for them if you think you have consistently bad breath issues.

I would get them when I have a throat infection like sore throat and cough. Apparently such infections fucks up the throat and causes lots of bacteria to accumulate near the tonsils, along with food and phelgm that got stuck. The only way to get rid of them is to cough them out.

I do remember coughing out a thick bunch after a terrible sore throat, it was white and smelled like death lol.

2 hours ago, Guest Turnoff said:

I avoid smokers like the plague, I can't even breath properly when they are close by. *COUGH*

Disgusting sia, Blacque
I m imagining
Esp deep-throat-ers, those who have fun w mine, no wonder I got sick easily after that

Turnoff,

I purposely do a detesting look (honestly I don't think the no.of smokers have decreased tremendously despite sg effort)  and waive the smoke away
I asked that is cos u mentioned that due to your lifestyle , pls don't tell me it is due to some ethnic diet hor

1 hour ago, Blacque said:

2 hours ago, Guest Turnoff said:

I would get them when I have a throat infection like sore throat and cough. Apparently such infections fucks up the throat and causes lots of bacteria to accumulate near the tonsils, along with food and phelgm that got stuck. The only way to get rid of them is to cough them out.

I do remember coughing out a thick bunch after a terrible sore throat, it was white and smelled like death lol.

HAHA smelled like death LOL. A bunch would probably send one to his own grave (almost).

Instagram: vodkabaker

Guest Tonsilolith
4 hours ago, Guest Turnoff said:

Some are lodged so deep in the throat can't remove. Really kills your social life. :(

Guest Turnoff
4 hours ago, Blacque said:

HAHA smelled like death LOL. A bunch would probably send one to his own grave (almost).

It has a distinct odor, kinda like decayed food stuck in the teeth for a few days. Before I did braces I had issues with bad breath, food would get stuck in many places and being young ignorant I didnt scrap my tongue back then. Yikes. Definitely affected my confidence back then.

12 hours ago, Guest Turnoff said:

Did you scrap your tongue daily? Like I said if you don't then you will not reduce the bad smell. Also avoid eating onions and garlic. If all these don't work then it could be an inderlying health issue.

i even consulted a ENT doc on the possibilities of bacteria virus infection in the digestive system that could cause bad breath. the response was 95% of the time after doing the scope, they were not infected so again its more like body heatyness, dehydration etc......

Guest guest
On 06/16/2016 at 9:07 PM, lovehandle said:

Oil pulling?

Oil pulling, also known as "kavala" or "gundusha," is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health.

https://draxe.com/oil-pulling-coconut-oil/

19 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Oil pulling, also known as "kavala" or "gundusha," is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health.

https://draxe.com/oil-pulling-coconut-oil/

I had never heard of oil pulling, until some months ago my friend went to the dentist for a cavity, which the dentist determined was too deep to fix, and the tooth had to be pulled. Feeling sorry for my friend, the dentist's assistant told him that he should try to brush with coconut oil.  Strange?  I searched on the Internet and read about it.  Instead of having his tooth pulled my friend started to brush with this oil, and he liked it.  Next I started too, and finally got the habit after brushing with my electric brush (to expose more of the gum line) before taking each day a sip of coconut oil (here this oil is liquid at higher room temperature) and swish it in my mouth before spiting it out in the trash.  The cost of the oil is insignificant compared to the cost of a visit to the dentist. 

Even if only 10% of all the good things one hears abut this oil pulling is true,  I think it is worth doing it.  It doesn't take much effort, and it feels good.

Guest Tonsilolith
On 6/17/2016 at 4:22 PM, Blacque said:

If it affects you badly, you may want to consider tonsillectomy. 

Went to a couple of doc and ENT, they don't recommend it nowadays.

• Guest locked this topic