Male HQ

California Fitness Winding Up Saga (Compiled)

fmen

Guest Guest

My fren went to Cali Bugis this morning and found out 2 things. His usual personal training session is cancelled. The trainer did not up. N there is no towel supply. The towel counter was closed. So he went home.

Saw this gay blog online. Article written in 2005. Dunno what happened to the Lao gay from that area. Probably either drugged farm by now or become saggy Liao.

Incredible.... 

I finally made my virgin trip to California Bugis last night. And wow, am i impressed. The machines there are newer and definitely more ergonomically designed. Though, i still think that it is the person using the machines that determines its real effectiveness rather than how fanciful the design of the machines are. The toilets are definitely much cleaner and nicer looking than any of the toilets in either Raffles or Orchard branches. Well lit and spacious. I like the mosiac tiles very much. There are definitely more lockers to go around to handle the peak traffic. Lotsa huge mirrors. Definitely a cruising factor

The spacing between the machines are also way much better spaced out. And it reduces the feeling of cramped quarters. Even dumbbells are new and have grooves for a better grip. Very nice indeed. Window view out is also not bad considering it is only 4 floors up.

Small wonder that the only problem is... ALL of the gay world Singapore were there. And god, ALL were prancing to a new cruising dance. Last night, the place felt like a club with trancy music, and gym machines, with the usual bunnies in their latest NUM tight tank tops. Very scarey indeed. No wonder that the talk among breeders is that Cali is a gay gym. 

haiz.. 

18 hours ago, PictureHouse said:

Cali was like "the gym" even in recent times. 

Well,  I pre-paid a lump sum to them. 

I am so surprised to read that there is no towel 

bro how is it 'the gym'?

gym is not well maintained and equipment is run down.

maybe FF or Virgin can be considered 'the gym' now, definitely not Cali.

1 hour ago, superflawless said:

Just called cause I need to go to the gym at Bugis tomorrow. They are still opened but need to bring an towel. Mildly relieved. 

I don't think they will last beyond July. Heard from a friend who works in property line that they not renewing lease for the Bugis space.

Guest Beautiful

California fitness is definitely closing down. It's end of an era since it opened in 1997.

I still recall the old days when the hottest bodies both locals and international would workout in sweat in the gym floor then cum in the steam room or showers. The hot sessions still give me hardon thinking about them.

Quite sad it's long gone, just like with the current economic climate and the millennial dominated gay scene which does not have much sexy feel anymore.

So many many rumors these few days about Cali, Some said A, Some said B, all have not come true.

Cali days could be numbered, meanwhile enjoy its last few days, hope that someone would rescue it.

I made many many friends here, they have some very dedicated Group X instructors. 

Cali has been part of my life for over a decade, sad if it is closing but life goes on.

Feel sorry for the staff who would lose their jobs. 

• G_M changed the title to California Fitness Winding Up Saga
41 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

But how does this affect Singapore Cali? Aren't they 'separate'?

In a way. The owner in press conference said he was conned into buying the China and HK branches from previous owner by his ex PT Michael Cheng (bodybuilder in the video) end of 2015. Michael was the operation director but was fired in April after new owner find company is messy and was called by HK police for the company's aggressive tactics which is pushed by the same ops director guy.

Singapore is still owned by previous owner a PRC guy based in Australia. Apparently that PRC guy was a fraudster and is in jail now for apparent fraud with his own listed firm. Basically he is out of money so Singapore will definitely close down. Already can tell from the fact they owe 6 months rents in Taka and got ask to leave in CNY. 

Now only the China branches are safe as other PRC investors have bought those asset.

Guest guest
30 minutes ago, gc0805 said:

Trainer said novena tomorrow last day. Bugis Wednesday last day.

Unless miracle happens, buyer found.

Unverified info. But wise to remove all your stuff from locker before they seize the premises.

earlier there were also "very accurate insider info" saying one will close on sunday, the other will close on monday. Now both are still open.They spread all sorts of rumours. 

10 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

earlier there were also "very accurate insider info" saying one will close on sunday, the other will close on monday. Now both are still open.They spread all sorts of rumours. 

think they delaying closure to wait for white knight to buy the branches and assets like customer data. Probably no takers in a market like now. Heard even True will close down Chevron house.

15 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Believe or not,  the choice is yours

The only thing I won't miss are the obnoxious trainers who also train at the gym. I think laughing and joking and talking loudly as if the gym is your grandfather's is just lacking in social decorum. You want to use the gym without having to pay a cent? Fine by me. But you shouldn't hog the equipments. Don't pay a cent but still act yaya-papaya. I just steer clear of them, which isn't hard to do because they make so much noise.

Only saw only one trainer this morning at the gym and he was training a tai-tai.

I don't even care to ask where the other trainers are because I am glad to see them gone.

Guest 耳濡目染

Ha goes to show what kind of owner breeds what kind of company culture. And what kind of company culture breeds what kind of people. Their attitude stinks to the max!

Guest Fatty
2 hours ago, dragonfly_y said:

In the unfortunate event that all clubs close down, those who had paid lump sum of membership fees confirm cannot get the money back?

Can ask mp for help if you voted for him.

2 hours ago, Guest Fatty said:

Can ask mp for help if you voted for him.

MP will lecture you that you should have go check with the building owners about California's lease if they owe money :)

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, gc0805 said:

In people vs big organisations esp MNCs, garment almost always rule against people. 

Only in Singapore, my dear, only in Singapore.

Guest Gone force
On 11 July 2016 at 7:33 PM, Guest Censor me pls i'm radical said:

Like the sim lim square scams, local authorities and spf closed one eye since the 80s despite hundreds of complaints lodged to both case and the police - but only until recently where they took action with a 22 officer raid followed by an internal award given to chief io of the case. California gym here is famous for their hardsell and unscrupulous tactics too. I'm sure spf is sleeping on their job again in this case, especially when it's a mega gym this time. Imagine assembling a 100 officer team just to raid their hq in novena due to all the well built personal trainers there. During the little india riot all but one police officer pushed to the frontline; the rest were all kiasi and hiding in the police vans.

Officers all plucked from strawberry generation? Only know how to bully school kids but go into hiding when the real thugs come out. No eye see!

7 hours ago, gc0805 said:

Trainer said novena tomorrow last day. Bugis Wednesday last day.

Unless miracle happens, buyer found.

Unverified info. But wise to remove all your stuff from locker before they seize the premises.

It's so sad that both are closing! :o So the closing of the Orchard Branch is actually a sign that the other branches are closing as well.....:mellow:

Quickly close shop lah. No white knights in this market situation and economy. Plus don't think other high class gyms interested in Cali database mostly Lao gay Lao auntie. High society gays and rich aunties all gone to pure or FF years ago.

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, Guest Ass said:

Quickly close shop lah. No white knights in this market situation and economy. Plus don't think other high class gyms interested in Cali database mostly Lao gay Lao auntie. High society gays and rich aunties all gone to pure or FF years ago.

LOL

Guest guest

company no money means no money. Whatever protection laws is useless. For any protection laws to be effective, it must be implemented when company is still liquid, not after ship has sunk.

In HK, they are liquidated. But the 2 branches in Sg still hanging on (as of now). So are HK patrons better than Sg? 

Guest guest
20 hours ago, Guest Rim said:

Singapore is still owned by previous owner a PRC guy based in Australia. Apparently that PRC guy was a fraudster and is in jail now for apparent fraud with his own listed firm. Basically he is out of money so Singapore will definitely close down. Already can tell from the fact they owe 6 months rents in Taka and got ask to leave in CNY. 

Now only the China branches are safe as other PRC investors have bought those asset.

from PK Wong's press conference, it seems like he did not buy over the singapore branches. He mentioned Sg branches still belong to Wu Ge.

China ones have potential to be sold off as the brother is talking to buyers. But Sg, that Wu Ge is already in jail. Looks like he is not capable of talking to buyers even if anyone is interested. 

Guest Ownself check ownself

Wu ge and the other hk owner.... Why they all look and sound like triad members? No wonder many of their stuffs look and behave like 三教九流!No wonder the gym is so cruisy and all sorts of people cruise there, like literally a 龙蛇混杂 place! Seedy like chinatown can? Scully our spf is actually scared of these people. Not surprising given their ownself award ownself track record. Lol

Guest Ownself lub ownself
2 minutes ago, Guest Ownself check ownself said:

Wu ge and the other hk owner.... Why they all look and sound like triad members? No wonder many of their stuffs look and behave like 三教九流!No wonder the gym is so cruisy and all sorts of people cruise there, like literally a 龙蛇混杂 place! Seedy like chinatown can? Scully our spf is actually scared of these people. Not surprising given their ownself award ownself track record. Lol

Their staffs literally 都是一群牛头马脸。有时还黑白无常!哈哈

16 minutes ago, Guest Ownself lub ownself said:

Their staffs literally 都是一群牛头马脸。有时还黑白无常!哈哈

Not only staff lah. The members mostly inside old gays and old aunties. All quit desperate. Find them desperate still posting on FB account hoping CF will survive. I hope CF crash and burn man!

Guest Guest
37 minutes ago, Guest dama said:

Not only staff lah. The members mostly inside old gays and old aunties. All quit desperate. Find them desperate still posting on FB account hoping CF will survive. I hope CF crash and burn man!

You go there to gym or to look people? Don't forget, if CF really crash and burn, those old gays and old aunties might just have to go and join your current gym, OK?

Guest Gym skanks
40 minutes ago, Guest dama said:

Their group x instructor also. Old and shriveled-up cunts still so "happy" prancing around like spring chicken! 

The most disgusting group of gay lao aunties who like to act cute act young overseas dressed up in theme as scatter brained teenagers gym there in a noisy group together with their ugly and shameless tokenistic-showcase-boys-as-straight-for-the-fools faghag with the deadfish eyes! 

Guest macho maries in tights
17 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You go there to gym or to look people? Don't forget, if CF really crash and burn, those old gays and old aunties might just have to go and join your current gym, OK?

Trust me, they won't thrive and will just shriver up and die there. They are so emminently gay they will have problems blending in with the more respectable gym establishments. Only skanky gyms like california rely on their patronage and provide the safe space for them to act out their arrested development antics and fantasies.

Guest Zoe Tay
59 minutes ago, Guest macho maries in tights said:

Only skanky gyms like california rely on their patronage and provide the safe space for them to act out their arrested development antics and fantasies.

LOLOL

The SG CF saga is turning into a joke man.

where the F (pardon my language) in the world there is a gym in death throes, no toiletries no towel still operating with recep staff clueless and management not making any official statement about the situation? Worst is the f government which claims to be proper and efficient allowing such fiasco to go on (where the F is CASE and where is the 154th media)?

Has become such a comedy that some Lau auntie and ah gua class trainers and fans stil turning up in the gym (despite a lost cause and probably not going to get paid), appealing to other CF members to come support so that a white knight will appear. While the crooks running the company is still cold calling people to sign up?

WTF? 

A real Mind F man. I give up on this cuntry. Quite sure this group of losers are part of the 70% who loves to be analed deep deep.

look at HK! Their customers immediately called police bang table and the media hound after the management!

Guest Guest
2 minutes ago, Guest Damn said:

where the F (pardon my language) in the world there is a gym in death throes, no toiletries no towel still operating with recep staff clueless and management not making any official statement about the situation? Worst is the f government which claims to be proper and efficient allowing such fiasco to go on (where the F is CASE and where is the 154th media)?

Has become such a comedy that some Lau auntie and ah gua class trainers and fans stil turning up in the gym (despite a lost cause and probably not going to get paid), appealing to other CF members to come support so that a white knight will appear. While the crooks running the company is still cold calling people to sign up?

WTF? 

A real Mind F man. I give up on this cuntry. Quite sure this group of losers are part of the 70% who loves to be analed deep deep.

look at HK! Their customers immediately called police bang table and the media hound after the management!

We call this the 70% mentality.  Don't complain, 70% voted for this state of affairs!  Take it up your ass!

10 minutes ago, Guest Damn said:

WTF? 

Now they r running into low budget so no towel to cut cost. 

What has this issue go to do with govt as this is a pte Ltd comp? Pls 

Don't everything also push to govt. 

Since u talk sooo  loud why don't u Call the media and bang their tables??? 

And we can see ur face in the front page of the media. 

Guest Guest
2 minutes ago, Guest Cali said:

Now they r running into low budget so no towel to cut cost. 

What has this issue go to do with govt as this is a pte Ltd comp? Pls 

Don't everything also push to govt. 

Since u talk sooo  loud why don't u Call the media and bang their tables??? 

And we can see ur face in the front page of the media. 

In any other country, eg HK, the government will step in to protect the benefits of the employees and the consumers. But not here.

• HendryTan changed the title to California Fitness Winding Up Saga (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic