Male HQ

Someone knocked my front door few hours ago and asked where can find shopping centres nearby?

Guest Perplexed

Guest Perplexed

Someone knocked my front door few hours ago and asked where can find shopping centres nearby? I thought quite weird as the person drive a car and stopping in the middle of a residential and picked my house asking these question? Anyway as the person was polite so I answered and thanked me. I had a funny feeling, these person wanted to check out if anybody is home to do a crime? What would be your reactions in this situation?

• G_M changed the title to Someone knocked my front door few hours ago and asked where can find shopping centres nearby?
15 minutes ago, Guest Perplexed said:

Someone knocked my front door few hours ago and asked where can find shopping centres nearby? I thought quite weird as the person drive a car and stopping in the middle of a residential and picked my house asking these question? Anyway as the person was polite so I answered and thanked me. I had a funny feeling, these person wanted to check out if anybody is home to do a crime? What would be your reactions in this situation?

It is fated. He could be your soulmate. Is he good looking?

Just now, Guest Perplexed said:

Actually was a woman...haha.

Oh, that didn't sound good. Better start smudging your home with sage and chant "AH NEE BU SUN AH NEE BU SUN!". While doing that, please open all the doors and windows.

Guest Perplexed
8 minutes ago, Guest Wica said:

Oh, that didn't sound good. Better start smudging your home with sage and chant "AH NEE BU SUN AH NEE BU SUN!". While doing that, please open all the doors and windows.

I suspect her partner in crime was waiting in the car as the car's windshield was quite dark with half covered with windshield sun shade so I couldn't see it if there was someone sitting inside. Yeah, probably I will start smudging my home with Frankincense ..haha.

30 minutes ago, Guest Perplexed said:

TS, normally for situations like that, since we will never know what is the real reason, i would say go with your gut feel. Do be careful and be more alert around your neighborhood.  

if i were you, i will still be polite and give directions but will look at her with my eyes to give her the vibe that "i am watching you and don't you dare try anything funny because i can recognize your face" <_<:ph34r:  

This reminded me when I thought my Chinese friend was CRAZY when he stopped his car in a tiny village somewhere in Inner Mongolia walk up to a stranger's door knocked and asked to refill his bottle with hot water!

When he got back to the car with his hot water, I told him how I felt and he looked at me as if I'm the CRAZY one.

Is it because we grew up in a concrete jungle?

5 hours ago, Guest Perplexed said:

R u in sg?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest white eyes

Whatever, just don't show her into the house, brought her tea and some light snack and than with such comfort as she sank into your warm sofa,  guide her slowly through the map?

8 hours ago, Guest Wica said:

It is fated. He could be your soulmate. Is he good looking?

hahahahaah...i like this....aiyah...juz ask only mah..mayb ur look could attract him....don't bother..

keep yr gate locked lor... 

14 hours ago, Guest Perplexed said:

And you mean your house looks like some kind of information counter??

Did Ernie and Bert dropped by your place and asked you where is Sesame Street?

Edited by TheVisitors

Guest XFiles
15 hours ago, Guest Perplexed said:

Seven month in 2 weeks. Some come out early to ask for direction. 

On 12/07/2016 at 1:54 PM, Guest Perplexed said:

Today two women with suitcase on wheels knocked on my door and asked about a name I'd never heard before. When I queried further, they insisted there was no mistake in address...fishy. They quickly left, and I had the strange feeling they were up to no-good. I think the DHL scams have shifted to door-to-door; they were probably checking to see if there was any elderly at home they can con!

Am updating my open-door policy: have handphone at hand, and snap their photos keep for record!:angry2:

• Guest locked this topic