Male HQ

NEWS: Joseph Schooling wins 100M Butterfly Olympics GOLD !

HendryTan

Guest Singaporean

NS deferment is okay, but shouldn't be exempted. NS is an obligation, not a punishment. 

I am glad that Schooling has done Singapore proud, but I think he is also under tremendous stress now with all eyes looking at him for his next Olympic performance, esp at the "expense" of a special deferment. Hope everyone understands and not add on stress, directly or indirectly, to him. He is afterall only a 20 yo boy. 

I have to say I really have to give it to the entire Schooling family for having such big hearts in posing for pictures with such grace, even with people who couldn't bother to show him support when he most needs it. Take a look at who he is posing the picture with this time. While his parents have to show Mindef all the paperwork and evidence to defer his NS, what about the son of the other guy next to him? I hope the irony is not lost on that man there..... I think Schooling's heart is much bigger than that Olympic medal hanging on his chest.

redwire-singapore-tony-tan-joseph-schooling

Aiyah, are we sinkies so moronic we even have to use someone's moment of supreme glory to bitch bitch bitch.

So what if gahmen not support this Joseph guy? Many Olympic athletes get there on their own. It probably gives them a greater feeling of achievement.

This way was probably best for Joseph. He could concentrate on becoming the world's best butterfly swimmer instead of having to deal with the politiking, back-stabbing and other bullshit that would have happened if he did it via gahmen training schemes.

My suggestion is that the gahmen make retroactive prize - win an Olympic gold for the country, then automatically exempt from NS. That may prompt more sinkies to get off their complaining backsides and push themselves to do the best in sports. If no win, anyhow still fit and ready for NS.

I love you, son. You've done THE NATION very proud.

Colin Schooling

I told them (Mindef) very clearly: I’m trying to teach my son to be loyal to THIS COUNTRY But why should he be loyal to a country that doesn’t even support him when he wants to achieve swimming success for (it)”

Mrs May Schooling

“I’m not going to lie. The first guy through the door, through the wall is always bloody. I have to take that blow and I’m thankful and I’m blessed that I have the ability to accomplish this. I hope this opens a new door, more doors for sports in OUR COUNTRY and hopefully I’ve set a precedent for a lot more young guys to come up through

JOSEPH Schooling

John F Kennedy once said,
 "ask not what your country can do for youask what you can do for your country."

ASKED, THE SCHOOLINGS DID.
BUT WHAT THE COUNTRY DO FOR HIM? 

And yet, THEY did all they could for the country...

7 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Aiyah, are we sinkies so moronic we even have to use someone's moment of supreme glory to bitch bitch bitch.

So what if gahmen not support this Joseph guy? Many Olympic athletes get there on their own. It probably gives them a greater feeling of achievement.

This way was probably best for Joseph. He could concentrate on becoming the world's best butterfly swimmer instead of having to deal with the politiking, back-stabbing and other bullshit that would have happened if he did it via gahmen training schemes.

My suggestion is that the gahmen make retroactive prize - win an Olympic gold for the country, then automatically exempt from NS. That may prompt more sinkies to get off their complaining backsides and push themselves to do the best in sports. If no win, anyhow still fit and ready for NS.

He did do it on his own, but ...

He is still open to the "politiking, back-stabbing and other bullshit " now, after his win. 

Guest SG Butterfly
22 minutes ago, FluteGuan said:

I told them (Mindef) very clearly: I’m trying to teach my son to be loyal to THIS COUNTRY But why should he be loyal to a country that doesn’t even support him when he wants to achieve swimming success for (it)”

Mrs May Schooling

“I’m not going to lie. The first guy through the door, through the wall is always bloody. I have to take that blow and I’m thankful and I’m blessed that I have the ability to accomplish this. I hope this opens a new door, more doors for sports in OUR COUNTRY and hopefully I’ve set a precedent for a lot more young guys to come up through

I have now word for it.  His family deserve equal recognition as much as Joseph.  PAP should just stay out of the limelight like they did when the schooling's family needed the govt support in time of trying.  The family deserve a quiet moment to soak in on Joseph's achievement. 

And to the detractors who continue to put the Schoolings down and claim he isnt a Sgn, or tt he is not of the major (Read: Chinese) race, listen to what Papa schooling has to say.

In case you dont understand, he spoke a smattering of Malay and Teochew, Singlish at best.

how's that ?

http://theindependent.sg/blogger-gives-schooling-detractors-the-ultimate-smackdown/

Did we see the Chinese table tennis players do that with their Olympic medals in 2012 with their alma matta? Oh, I forgot. They might have done that to their schools in China. Schooling really has the biggest heart I have ever seen.

One nerve-wracking moment, one surprise gesture, and then a memory to last a lifetime

schooling_6.jpg?itok=WHk4RWaf

(Right) Marcus Lim, 10, Primary 4, pose proudly with the gold medal...
[More]
27069995.JPG?itok=Ks36HHq6

Joseph Schooling letting Primary 3 student Darion Pang Jun Jia try on...
[More]
schooling_6.jpg?itok=WHk4RWaf

(Right) Marcus Lim, 10, Primary 4, pose proudly with the gold medal...
[More]
27069995.JPG?itok=Ks36HHq6

Joseph Schooling letting Primary 3 student Darion Pang Jun Jia try on...
[More]

Schooling makes two students’ day by letting them wear his Olympic gold medal on stage
Published: 2:05 PM, August 16, 2016
Updated: 4:43 PM, August 16, 2016

SINGAPORE — Apart from thrilling the students, teachers, staff and canteen stall owners at Anglo-Chinese School Junior, newly-minted Olympic champion Joseph Schooling also made two boys’ day - one directly and another indirectly.

Primary Three student Darion Pang was selected on Tuesday morning (Aug 16) to go on stage to present a bouquet of flowers to May, Schooling’s mother.August 16

But after the nine-year-old nervously completed his task, and was about to do an about-turn and depart from the stage, Schooling stopped him from leaving.

Putting his hand into his pocket, Schooling took out his Olympic gold medal and asked Darion if he would like to wear it.

A stunned Darion looked back at Schooling, and nodded.

To the cheers of the crowd, Schooling put his Olympic gold medal around Darion’s neck, and then both he and May posed for photos with the boy.

“It was very nerve-wrecking and exciting to get to hold and wear the gold medal,” Darion told reporters after that.

“He (Schooling) asked me if I wanted to wear it and that’s the really exciting part. I was very happy to see him today.”

But Darion ensured that he was not the only ACSJ student that got to wear the medal.

After taking it off, Darion then passed the medal to schoolmate Marcus Lim, who was also on stage then to hand out a token of appreciation to the Schoolings.

Marcus took the medal, and beamed as he wore it.

“This was really unexpected and exciting,” said Marcus, a Primary Four student and school swimmer.

“Joseph has inspired me to train harder and I hope to achieve what he has done in the future.”

Marcus was not the only one who was thrilled by the experience.

His mother, Mavis Han, wrote on TODAY Sports’ Facebook page: “Is that my Son Marcus Lim? OMG! I can’t believe my shy boy was picked. LOL. I think I’m more starstruck than him.”

She later added: “So cute! That boy shared the medal with my son!”

11 hours ago, FluteGuan said:

And to the detractors who continue to put the Schoolings down and claim he isnt a Sgn, or tt he is not of the major (Read: Chinese) race, listen to what Papa schooling has to say.

In case you dont understand, he spoke a smattering of Malay and Teochew, Singlish at best.

how's that ?

http://theindependent.sg/blogger-gives-schooling-detractors-the-ultimate-smackdown/

YOU TALK TOO MUCH. JUST SHUT UP.

Did the Britishs or the Europeans say he's Eurasian?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Neh Neh
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

This is hilarious....

Image may contain: text

Whatever they say and claim. One fact that never change is Joseph Schooling represented Singapore in this Olympic. So the gold medal belongs to Singapore only.

Guest watch until eye sore
20 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Japan have won the bronze medal match in table tennis against the prc filled Singapore team.....

OMG what happened to Feng Tianwei? She really played like shit.

Cant even win any game ( zero!) against the Japanese

5 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

should be her last Olympic, time to retire.....so they got nothing this round, the coach must answer for it and we just save $375,000 to pay part of schoolings 1 million dollar....

But how much money have we lost to buy her into Singapore?

47 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

But how much money have we lost to buy her into Singapore?

Poor Feng, you have been scrutinised by the public after you lost your Olympic medal just because of two things: (1) your origins, (2) your fellow senior Li Jiawei left singapore with her husband to pursue their dreams, which was seen as ungrateful.

We seemed to overlook the amount of invaluable priceless effort you've spent to train yourself for the competition; we seemed to have forgotten when you won your victory at the last Olympic games, people welcomed you and your team back as heroes; we seemed to be ignorant that how many other medals that you have won for Singapore in international tornaments. Here comes Mr Schooling, a homegrown Singaporean who won a gold medal, you were immediately given cold shoulder. The irony is, he was also being questioned on his nationality before.

How mercenary we are; how ungrateful we are; how ungrateful we are; how malicious we are; and how exclusive we are to new immigrants!

PS: the Chinese in SG somehow share the same origin as them years ago. Dun degrade them, because as u do, you are indirectly degrading your ancestor.

8 hours ago, snowball said:

人就是如此丑陋,为了借用别人的名气往自己脸上贴金,皮可以一个比一个更厚更不要脸,令人开眼界。

所以有句话:   人怕出名猪怕肥。schooling  接下来的日子会比游泳更累。

Guest Neh Neh

Worst thing and so shameful is those whom questioning Joseph identity and use him to stir gossips and criticise gov for not to nurture Joseph are coming from locals here.

Guest Envy him
19 minutes ago, Guest Neh Neh said:

I think gov or sport council from now on will provide scholarship to Joseph Schooling training in US.

I wouldn't want.  It is too late. Besides, Scholarship will only mean one thing - bonded to the govt.  The parents like freedom, which is why they have been charting and making decision for their son instead of letting their son's life controlled by the "commercial" govt.    I heard the school in Texas already provided Scholarship to Joseph.  His future is bright beyond our shore.

Does anyone know the difference, if any,  in the benefits received by the local n the new citizens?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

33 minutes ago, fab said:

Does anyone know the difference, if any,  in the benefits received by the local n the new citizens?

New citizens received more benefits than local citizens, just like telco new sign-up vs existing customers.

12 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

should be her last Olympic, time to retire.....so they got nothing this round, the coach must answer for it and we just save $375,000 to pay part of schoolings 1 million dollar....

No blame culture please 

17 hours ago, Guest Fatty said:

No blame culture please 

is not blaming but is taking responsibility and is happening around the world, whenever a team lost, the first to resign will always be the coach, either they take the responsibility or their association will "politely" ask them to go, that's why whenever the players go for competition, the most stressed one will be the coach....

According to latest news...

"A victory parade for our champion will be held on Thursday from 10am to 2pm with three pit stops.

The first will start at 10am at 50A Marine Terrace Market till 10.45am.

Then, from 11.30am to 12.15pm, Joseph will be at Singtel Comcentre Plaza.

He will then travel on an open top bus to greet members of the public along the way from Orchard Road to Bras Basah Road at 12.15pm to 12.45pm.

He will end off at Raffles City Shopping Centre from 12.45pm to 2pm."

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/catch-joseph-schooling-open-top-bus-thursday-his-victory-parade

Guest Cheeky
11 minutes ago, nixorn said:

"A victory parade for our champion will be held on Thursday from 10am to 2pm with three pit stops.

He will then travel on an open top bus to greet members of the public along the way from Orchard Road to Bras Basah Road at 12.15pm to 12.45pm.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/catch-joseph-schooling-open-top-bus-thursday-his-victory-parade

Any gay guy will be around during this timing to peck him on the cheek?

12 hours ago, D Nines said:

Poor Feng, you have been scrutinised by the public after you lost your Olympic medal just because of two things: (1) your origins, (2) your fellow senior Li Jiawei left singapore with her husband to pursue their dreams, which was seen as ungrateful.

We seemed to overlook the amount of invaluable priceless effort you've spent to train yourself for the competition; we seemed to have forgotten when you won your victory at the last Olympic games, people welcomed you and your team back as heroes; we seemed to be ignorant that how many other medals that you have won for Singapore in international tornaments. Here comes Mr Schooling, a homegrown Singaporean who won a gold medal, you were immediately given cold shoulder. The irony is, he was also being questioned on his nationality before.

How mercenary we are; how ungrateful we are; how ungrateful we are; how malicious we are; and how exclusive we are to new immigrants!

PS: the Chinese in SG somehow share the same origin as them years ago. Dun degrade them, because as u do, you are indirectly degrading your ancestor.

You also seemed to have overlooked the amount of money and invaluable  resources that we have spent to train her for the competition; you seemed to have forgotten when she won her victory at the last Olympic games, the people who welcomed her and her team back as heroes were mainly the MIWs. And even during those times, many locals were already questioning if it was right to BUY such a medal back; you also seemed to be ignorant that she was paid to win all those medals for Singapore in international tornaments. Here comes Mr Schooling, a homegrown Singaporean who won a gold medal, and one who did not ask for much from the government. He even had to put up his case for his NS deferments, while the PRCs were INVITED into this country. And even after all the monetary rewards, he is still making a monetary loss. While his monetary rewards were not there, it was for the pride of this nation that he did it. Whereas, the table tennis team was in it for the MONEY. The irony is, he was also being questioned on his nationality before, and he withstood the test well. And after he was proven to be one true homegrown Singaporean, his detractors are mostly standing besides him now.

How mercenary THEY are; why should we be grateful to people whom we had a business transaction with? how malicious can they be to expect anything more than what they have taken? in fact, since this is a monetary transactional deal, can we claim back the money since the medal was not delivered? Or should we pay for another 17 years as in the case of Li Jiawei before we get our due payments?

PS: the Chinese in SG may somehow share the same origin as them years ago. But just like how you do not thank the monkeys and apes for being of the same origin as we had, just like how the Americans and the Australians do not thank the British for sharing the same origin, you too should grow a pair of balls and understand that we are now a sovereign country and this is the country whose pride that you should be defending, and not the country where your ancestors may come from.

6 hours ago, nixorn said:

Office hours leh... :( 

will the turnout truly reflect how we all feel? I hope so.

Guest To be expected
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Office hours leh... :( 

will the turnout truly reflect how we all feel? I hope so.

Only Singaporeans will turn out.  Foreigners in the city will be rushing for work like it was none of their business.

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You also seemed to have overlooked the amount of money and invaluable  resources that we have spent to train her for the competition; you seemed to have forgotten when she won her victory at the last Olympic games, the people who welcomed her and her team back as heroes were mainly the MIWs. And even during those times, many locals were already questioning if it was right to BUY such a medal back; you also seemed to be ignorant that she was paid to win all those medals for Singapore in international tornaments. Here comes Mr Schooling, a homegrown Singaporean who won a gold medal, and one who did not ask for much from the government. He even had to put up his case for his NS deferments, while the PRCs were INVITED into this country. And even after all the monetary rewards, he is still making a monetary loss. While his monetary rewards were not there, it was for the pride of this nation that he did it. Whereas, the table tennis team was in it for the MONEY. The irony is, he was also being questioned on his nationality before, and he withstood the test well. And after he was proven to be one true homegrown Singaporean, his detractors are mostly standing besides him now.

How mercenary THEY are; why should we be grateful to people whom we had a business transaction with? how malicious can they be to expect anything more than what they have taken? in fact, since this is a monetary transactional deal, can we claim back the money since the medal was not delivered? Or should we pay for another 17 years as in the case of Li Jiawei before we get our due payments?

PS: the Chinese in SG may somehow share the same origin as them years ago. But just like how you do not thank the monkeys and apes for being of the same origin as we had, just like how the Americans and the Australians do not thank the British for sharing the same origin, you too should grow a pair of balls and understand that we are now a sovereign country and this is the country whose pride that you should be defending, and not the country where your ancestors may come from.

Your words seemed harsh. Chill chill

Guest sounded rude on the words you used on user. Use an account to sign in then comment. Looks like who has no balls during disagreement. Grow balls please.

to be fair, I think both of you are right, this is a "give and take" situation, our first class gahmen are trained to be mercenary, they want medals to keep our face as a developed country, to keep Singaporeans heads high internationally (kissy ppl), so we can't blame the miws fully for "importing" fts. 

I recalled (and confirmed online) during the table tennis victory in 2012, there was a victory parade around the island and not only miws attended, but majority are local singaporeans, so please don't twist the fact by saying mostly miws attended. Because i was there at orchard road that day and I am not a fan of miw. So to the other guest, you need to present all your facts right before insulting a registered user online, this is too underhand by promoting disharmony.

Aren't we supposed to congratulate Schilling's win here, instead of criticising other users?

Congrats JS! You've done well!

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

, just like how the Americans and the Australians do not thank the British for sharing the same origin,

Good point. Lol

Cos there are always people saying our forebears are all Chinese, same roots etc... and tt we should thus accept, welcome and put up with all yhe mainlanders have done, had done, are doing and will do.

If the taiwanese and hongkongers do not even accept tt line of common brotherhood, motherland, 祖国 ideology.... why should singaporeans so far removed, do so? 

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Guest sounded rude on the words you used on user. Use an account to sign in then comment. Looks like who has no balls during disagreement. Grow balls please.

to be fair, I think both of you are right, this is a "give and take" situation, our first class gahmen are trained to be mercenary, they want medals to keep our face as a developed country, to keep Singaporeans heads high internationally (kissy ppl), so we can't blame the miws fully for "importing" fts. 

I recalled (and confirmed online) during the table tennis victory in 2012, there was a victory parade around the island and not only miws attended, but majority are local singaporeans, so please don't twist the fact by saying mostly miws attended. Because i was there at orchard road that day and I am not a fan of miw. So to the other guest, you need to present all your facts right before insulting a registered user online, this is too underhand by promoting disharmony.

Aren't we supposed to congratulate Schilling's win here, instead of criticising other users?

If my words sound harsh, then i'd say the post that I responded to with my "harsh sounding" words sounded hypocritical. Just like the hypocrisy you showed when you tell me to use an account to sign in then comment, and further claimed that i have no balls for not doing that, while you yourself did not exactly the same thing too. And in my case, I never even have an account. You? Perhaps you are truly ball-less by not signing into your account when you do have one.

You said during the table tennis victory in 2012, there was a victory parade around the island and not only miws attended, but "majority are local singaporeans". That sounded so familiar.... Oh yes, I remember that now: They said that same thing during the televised Singapore Conversation which they filled with their own MIW grassroot members. :doh:

The PrC athletes are just closung a biz deal. Not exactly their fault.

The Government  should have spent he money, instead, to nurture eager and hardworking local talent instead.

Quah Zheng Wen... IF HE HAD had more funds to be trained longer in the US, he could have done much better in the Rio Games. Poor SEA games gold medallist Aisyah didnt havr enough funds, or, she might have gottan better coaches n performed better too. Alas! She even had to crowdfund $14,000 just so that she could train to bring glory to our country.

So it seems.... the foreign talents are paid a salary,

And the local talents?

They have to fork out their own money ...and only when they bring home a gold medal, they are being glossed over by the bigwigs

Guest Guest sporty
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I'm another guest ..I don't agree with you .

On the other hand I agree with the other guest whom u have said he is harsh .

Prcs who come here are just a biz transaction ..they are using our tax money ok?

They are professional athletes ..so much is expected of them .

Just like you work your job ..much is expected of you.

A true blue sg who wins compared to a imported foreign talent or new citizen or pr who wins ..tell me who makes us feel more proud ?

1 hour ago, FluteGuan said:

The PrC athletes are just closung a biz deal. Not exactly their fault.

The Government  should have spent he money, instead, to nurture eager and hardworking local talent instead.

Quah Zheng Wen... IF HE HAD had more funds to be trained longer in the US, he could have done much better in the Rio Games. Poor SEA games gold medallist Aisyah didnt havr enough funds, or, she might have gottan better coaches n performed better too. Alas! She even had to crowdfund $14,000 just so that she could train to bring glory to our country.

So it seems.... the foreign talents are paid a salary,

And the local talents?

They have to fork out their own money ...and only when they bring home a gold medal, they are being glossed over by the bigwigs

Salary wise it is wrong of govt to pay foreigners only but not locals. 

Appreciation wise my ex superior ever said every one is paid to do a job so no need to appreciate. Hard truth.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Cruisy Uncle
2 hours ago, FluteGuan said:

Wow... schooling parade! Wheeeeee... ☺ his arms must be more tired waving than doing his laps. Lol

Any closed up field report?  How was Rafles Place crowd?  I am sure their once upon a time cruisy toilet is also very packed by now.

53 minutes ago, FluteGuan said:

Hence i wont appreciate the tiongbukias , even if they win gold medal.

We paid u. Do ur job.

Sadly, half fucked jobs, while wasting taxpayers money,

For me, these new citizens victories simply can't evoke any sense of pride, not that i dont want, i just cant.

Salary wise y double std for new citizens n true blue locals. This is too much.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Hear Me please

I want to say something.

I believe Singaporeans hated those who are lured by money and rooted here with lucrative tranactions from a government, whom many people were equally displeased with.  Thus, part of the hate, on the existing govt, was also thrown at the foreigners who may, or may not win us a medal, and who may or may not, know our local political scene and divide.  They probably don't care being a pawn, as long as there is obecenely huge money to be earned as "talent" and they have choices to stay or leave.  Li Jia Wai (the table tennis gal) who was hugely rewarded by our govt, set a poor example for our govt reasoning, but ironically a good example for people to point out the loopholes of buying "fake citizen" to win us a name on world stage.

Another reason is the large amount of money, these foreigner received overnight,  when many locals were still jobless and struggling to make end meet.  Resentment of unfairness was triggered.  Instead of helping the poor, the govt deemed fit to spend million to buy olympic medals, through the hand of foreigner.  Than, there are also the the rude behaviours of massive foreigners in Singapore, which has nothing to do with these imported sports talent, but were lumped together as one by the local.  The devide between  between them and us is a decade knot created by previous and the existing PM.   Adding insult into humiliation, our govt was seen too involved in shielding the foreigners, at our countrymen expenses and constantly brought the foreign sports talent out, on stage, to boast and lecture our very own people.  Such progressive and decade long wounds inflicted on the local people became a permanent scar and will never dissappear. 

Amidst all the bashing from govt, thru TV or papers, that local people has nothing to show.  Joseph, the quiet olympian, local born (not recognised as talent from this govt), won Singapore most precious olympic and our historical gold medal.  Symbolically,  he represented all Singaporeans at large,  the woes and quiet achievement often ignored by this govt politically and economically.  Joseph's success, came as a shock to our skeptical govt and the corporate world, who did not provide a cent to Joseph's success. His family, endured as a result, to personally invest and groom their beloved son by selling assets and kept him going during their aged years.   It is a personal family inspiring story, worth written into books to replace those politician self-glorified books.   He is truly, the son of Singapore now.  

While the nation immerse and soaked in the joy with Joseph, bonding him to our long forgotten heart, it is the govt who became quick to steal the limelight.  It is nothing inappropriate and nothing new.  One of them went overborad to claim credit that she was part of Joseph's success.  This MP set  a new blow and new low on her own govt.  The mindset of the govt is for all the see.   Comments were congratulatory and swearing and it was obvious they were referring to who and which.  The more the govt bloopered, the more the people became xenophobic.  I prayed that this National Day Rally, the govt could, at least spare a thought for the local citizens, in the name of Joseph Schooling, whom we are extremely proud because he and his family, not only brought us tears but also washed those brokeness years away.

Like Joseph Schooling, I may not listen to this year National Day Rally.  There is nothing inspiring to hear our PM repeating his message very year.

Thanks for reading my heart.

Guest Mentality

Singkies are funny, they pwned each other in preference for foreigners, maybe they see it true blue Singkies are not blonde and blue eyes or exotic enough.

18 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

14 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

It's insightful to have read the post today. Thanks for the post. I learn alot from different perspective

Went for schoolings parade at raffles city. Super pack. So proud of you young boy! 

• Guest locked this topic