Male HQ

Why do gays want to be in a relationship?

kylegogo

I've been single for awhile now. My recent dates only lasted for weeks, if not months. Maybe the problems lie with me, I thought finding Mr. Right is just a number game and there's always someone better out there for me.

Gay people are not bounded by traditional family values or marriage institution. Many of us don't expect to raise kids. We have our own career and we don't need another man to pay our bills.

We have friends whom we meet up regularly for various activities, dining, travel, movies, sports, etc. And even for sex!

We are essentially self-sufficient.

Even if we are lucky to find one, the relationship is doomed to fail in a few years, or we eventually open it up.

If so, I wonder why do we want to be in a relationship? Or we are simply afraid of not being in a one because everyone else is?

Guest 170816

It's the content.

Self-sufficient- Why putting yourself in front of your love one's.

Fail in a few years, or we eventually open it up - Negative thoughts before it starts.

No matter how much you enjoyed with friends/buddy... in the end of the night you are still sleeping alone.....you are empty.... Your partner is where your heart and soul knows where it belong

59 minutes ago, kylegogo said:

I've been single for awhile now. My recent dates only lasted for weeks, if not months. Maybe the problems lie with me, I thought finding Mr. Right is just a number game and there's always someone better out there for me.

Gay people are not bounded by traditional family values or marriage institution. Many of us don't expect to raise kids. We have our own career and we don't need another man to pay our bills.

We have friends whom we meet up regularly for various activities, dining, travel, movies, sports, etc. And even for sex!

We are essentially self-sufficient.

Even if we are lucky to find one, the relationship is doomed to fail in a few years, or we eventually open it up.

If so, I wonder why do we want to be in a relationship? Or we are simply afraid of not being in a one because everyone else is?

That few weeks or months is just a honeymoon period for both to discover each other more.

Both need to understand that in the end the relationship will transit to a lifetime companion.

Guest 1+1=11
16 minutes ago, bigdanbeam said:

Im sure you all hv seen this somewhere before

Relationships are just two people constantly asking each other where they want to go eat, until one of them dies.

Still better than one person eat until die. Right?

you know, I've thought about this before too.

i don't think this is a concept or question that you can blanket and apply to everyone. ultimately, everyone is different, and our needs and motivations vary. don't waste time thinking what other people want. spend more time on figuring what you want.

you need to realize why you want to be in a relationship, and you can radiate the energy to attract people with similar motivations as yourself. obviously, there are some unhealthy reasons like running away from loneliness/problems, or believing that having a boyfriend can solve all your problems, or provide a validation.

I believe that a relationship is a business, and both parties must be in it for the same goals, believe in similar things, and willing to compromise whatever that is needed. good luck to you.

anigif_enhanced-5397-1408658439-1.gif

There are many reasons for one to be in a relationship. Some may be as what someone had said to have a companion, while some for sexual reasons, and some treated it as a transaction. 

I have been single good with no relationship for about 9 years, during this 9 years I weighed the pros and cons of having a relationship. Sometimes I do blame myself for that failed relationship by telling myself I wasn't ready for relationship yet.

Now, as I have passed the big 3, and 9years gone, I evaluated myself and I think I am ready for relationship because:

1. I need companion, I enjoy someone who can take care of me and whom I can share my care.

2. Sexual needs need to be fulfilled. I won't want to sleep around with another person whom I have no feelings with or is not committed

Before you get into any relationship, ask yourself the intention of it, and whether you are ready for it. Thats the most responsible way to your partner as well as yourself.

Because it's really worth the effort if they're good. It's like having a best friend, fuck buddy and deep companion all rolled into one. The silence is comfortable and the conversations are interesting. You have conversations in public without saying a word. You will fight. But in a good relationship, the fights are short, focused on the issue rather than the person, and are truly over when they're over. Sometimes both of you can even laughed at it in the future.

Edited by EasleyLim

49 minutes ago, bigdanbeam said:

Relationships are just two people constantly asking each other where they want to go eat, until one of them dies.

Not true.

Ever wonder why our aged parents or love ones feel so happy when we come back home to have dinner with them?

We could all have eaten alone eating the same food and just satisfy our stomach on a physical level.

But there is so much more going on unspoken, unseen when 2 or 3 gather together, our SOULS are being fed. Thats why relationships are important.

we are not zombies (got physical body but no soul) 

Guest Touchy

Relationship, allows me to be naked with another naked man and being able to touch and feel him all night long and for the rest of the life.

1 minute ago, Guest Touchy said:

Relationship, allows me to be naked with another naked man and being able to touch and feel him all night long and for the rest of the life.

Wahahahaha!!!! U can do that in a suana too, the bonus is your can even rotate between different naked menssssss. 

I like your kind of "relationship". 

Good to have but not mandatory.  Should find a younger one, so that he can take care of you till you passed away.  Just remember to show him your Will.  

you want to live alone until you die with no soulmate to take care of you during times of support?

ok, you deserved to be alone and without a caring boyfriend who could be a listening ear being by your side

Guest Pontiana
5 hours ago, Ener said:

Wahahahaha!!!! U can do that in a suana too, the bonus is your can even rotate between different naked menssssss. 

I like your kind of "relationship". 

No leh, your relationship in "sauna" is restricted to its operation hour.  After that, you are alone again.  Besides, you need to pay to use the Sauna too. 

Guest Bailey

Sex of course. I can't think of anything else. If the partner is good at it and have a great body, face and big cock then sometimes it leads to marriage

Guest 72%dark

All this pro-relationship sentiment is very touching and all, but people should get to hear the other side of the story as well. (The one that usually isn't told because people only want to hear the feel-good stuff that burnishes their beliefs about this cherished institution).

Only one post, by @doncoin, mentions that relationships take effort to maintain. Every other post treats it in a selfishone-sided manner – all about what you can get out of it and nothing about what you bring to your partner and to the relationship.

But even putting in effort isn't a guarantee that it'll be everything you dream about. You can give the best years of your life and a great deal of effort but still find yourself in a relationship that is smothering, stifling, or even abusive. Or one that's become increasingly indifferent. If you think it's a miracle cure for loneliness, you've not had the experience of lying next to someone at night and feeling lonely; you've not had the experience of pouring your heart out to your partner and seeing no sign of comprehension/empathy in his eyes, or of talking and seeing boredom there. And even the availability of easy sex isn't a guarantee; your partner may not be interested in trying new things, or not even interested in sex anymore. 

At that point, you may even still 'love' your partner, but you might find yourself questioning the definition of 'love' rather than invoking it mindlesslylike a magic word.

16 hours ago, kylegogo said:

I thought finding Mr. Right is just a number game and there's always someone better out there for me.

There will always be somebody better out there for you, simply, we all change at different parts of our lives.

I'm going to speak from the evolution point of view. As humans, we are socially evolved to bond as it has advantages. Men when going hunting need to go in groups so they are more protected or can take down animals larger than them. Women need to form bonds with their children and share the load in the harsh environment they live in and are "mostly" one-to-one relationships with a single man.

What you are seeing is the suggestion that monogamy works for the majority of the population and is what their religion, culture, social norms expect them to behave and do. Take a wedding vow for example.

"______, wilt thou have this woman/man to be thy wedded wife/husband to live together after God's ordinance in the Holy Estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love her/him? Comfort her/him, honor and keep her/him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others keep thee only unto her/him as long as you both shall live?"

"In the name of God, I, ______, take you, ______, to be my wife/husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

You are absolutely right that almost everyone in 1st world countries are self-sufficient. Thus new words like, single parent family, divorce rates going up, sexually transmitted diseases going up, gang-bang swingers rings, not to forget that weddings are big business that are worth billions a year for the economy.

Do you fear death?

You might have all that is going on for you now, how do you make that last till you die? Will you have the money (costing in inflation and economic/country stability) to say for sure you will have a group of friends when you are old and useless. Don't have to look far, look at the old people in chinatown at night sleeping on the streets, or the rental units where you need to live with strangers that they hate.

Most people don't think that far, what i think is that the novelty of fitting into society is the cause. Plus, the two things are basically at contradiction of each other.

Being gay (in the early US times), is to love everyone (including having sex with everyone),

Being gay (in a straight society), is to be like a "normal" straight-sex couple - go through the rites of passage.

Guest Power Tongue
15 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

That's total BS! 

Youve be clearly never felt 'real' love? 

13 hours ago, Guest Will said:

Good to have but not mandatory.  Should find a younger one, so that he can take care of you till you passed away.  Just remember to show him your Will.  

But do younger guys want to be with you?

unlike a straight relationship whereby the stages of progression is pretty much determined by the society, i.e date, get a flat, have kids etc, gay relationships are largely dependent on the individual's viewpoint on whether they require to be in a relationship or what constitutes a relationship.

For those who have a secret double life, (i.e. for those who are married and have kids), whether or not there is a relationship matters less as when they progress in life or meet challenges in life (like major illness episodes etc), they can fall back on their wife or kids. 

Gay relationships are often not made known to their family and social circle (non gay) and because we are not bounded by the traditional mindset of marriage, kids, co-ownership of net worth etc, how we choose to define gay relationships are also up to the individual. There is never a right or wrong, just a matter of mindset, preferences and choices. That, will drive our actions if and when we are in a relationship. 

so long as we think clearer of the long term consequences of our actions today, is good enough. Example: How we manage challenging situations in the future, if and when we are alone, without our immediate social support etc.  

For those who found a good other half, do treasure it and work hard at it to understand, and to be understood :)

Edited by inamoto

Guest Million
1 hour ago, Guest Fatty said:

But do younger guys want to be with you?

That depends how attractive is your Will.  A good figure is at least $1million.

• 4 weeks later...

We laughed alot last nite while out for dinner, he squeezed my arm when I teased him about his bad habit while we were walking around, later at home I could feel him pulling the sheets and tucking me into bed when i dozed off while I was reading off my handphone earlier, the cares of the world disappears and I sleep soundly when he is in bed with me, i am amused when he snores and find it strangely comforting, he came out of the room to give me a hug when he noticed that I had woken up very early to settle some stuff...these small things make having a relationship worth it.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

We laughed alot last nite while out for dinner, he squeezed my arm when I teased him about his bad habit while we were walking around, later at home I could feel him pulling the sheets and tucking me into bed when i dozed off while I was reading off my handphone earlier, the cares of the world disappears and I sleep soundly when he is in bed with me, i am amused when he snores and find it strangely comforting, he came out of the room to give me a hug when he noticed that I had woken up very early to settle some stuff...these small things make having a relationship worth it.

Honeymoon still haven't over Mah

Tell us again if you are still amused by his snores in 2026

Guest cockscrew
On 8/17/2016 at 1:20 PM, kylegogo said:

What does your animal intinct tell you?  We all craved for companion, be it a relationship, friendship or kinship. However, relationship is deep by sex, kinship is thick by blood, friendship is whatever.

Which would you prefer of the above depending on your needs or don't need.

Guest Just thinking
2 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

Honeymoon still haven't over Mah

Tell us again if you are still amused by his snores in 2026

Not sure.  But if there is such thing as true love, then yes, it can withstands the test of time.  His snores will still be as sexy as in 2016.

54 minutes ago, Guest cockscrew said:

What does your animal intinct tell you?  We all craved for companion, be it a relationship, friendship or kinship. However, relationship is deep by sex, kinship is thick by blood, friendship is whatever.

Which would you prefer of the above depending on your needs or don't need.

Whatever kind of relationship you craved for, better don't wait too long.  Once you reach your sunset years, no more ship will call at your port.

• Guest locked this topic