Male HQ

Losing Weight Concerns(Awkward)

clement_c

I also heard that i need more muscles(more engines to fuel) to reduce weight. Thats why i go gym.. My weight is like a roller coaster... Morning 73.3KG... now 74KG.. i only drink soup(Jiu zhi cai) and 200G chicken breast...

1 hour ago, clement_c said:

I also heard that i need more muscles(more engines to fuel) to reduce weight. Thats why i go gym.. My weight is like a roller coaster... Morning 73.3KG... now 74KG.. i only drink soup(Jiu zhi cai) and 200G chicken breast...

Don't bother weighing everyday, permanent weight change don't happen so easily. In my experience of measuring people, a steady change in weight will occur only after 2-3 months.

8 hours ago, clement_c said:

I agreed w Raymond above and estarif that weight wont change in a few days time , don't bother to measure daily

Clement

I read your oct sharing that you are about 73.5kg

Highest 76 (cos since one year ago u have been gymming)

it seemed like not enough muscles been built to fuel .........

To me, it is not being very focused, while muscles helped , but I think shed fats should be the main focus, secondary focus is to be on building muscles

I m a pri school kid, my wish is to save MORE people and patients , so I start reading medicine and biology at primary 4?
No, you failed your science at every tests, you should buckup on your science first, while u have the time then u focus (secondarily) on your reference books on medicine and biology

your brain is not even well tuned to read chim stuff, u get my point??

your primary focus is to first dealt with how to appreciate science, it could be your language ie not helping you...

U get my point?

after one year, if u r still at this figure, you should reflect

(it s pointless for us to say so much, if u don't change)

btw,i cried I jogged , I walked and jogged too, I do all sort but failed
(I m a human, not a robot, why m I always with the machines)I failed to reduce my weight then,

So?
it shows that jogging doesn't really work on me , I have strong leg muscles too

(we are NOT robot, key in this programming and apply this formula and it works for all, we are unique individuals)

I rem I shared that my friend is larger than you , from 90over till now he is lower than 88kg, he gymed (not so much of building muscles) as well as finding slots to do kickboxing that burns really a lot of fats + yoga (last)

He posted his photos of the weighing scale just like you too , weighing daily, he really look forward to wearing smaller size shirts...praying for miracles

I know you are anxious ( I been thru that too) but u must solve the root cause

if your food dietary practices are ok, then it is the activities that doesn't help anymore....after lunch or during teabreak, walk around in your office, or walk around near the office, so that you don't sit down for too long (this is the least you should do)

- u need to have balanced diet , don't bother to eat breast meat , the breast meat is more for muscles-building, just eat anything, remove the chicken skin will do

You need more fish, I don't see fish in your diet, fish is good for your brain , with that you can think and reflect better
(Yong tau hoo is made from fish paste but real fish will be much better)

with regards to nocarbs/ketogenic diet. i suggest you go search 

https://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains/

and the ketogains facebook page

https://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains/wiki/index

https://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains/wiki/index#wiki_electrolytes.3A_sodium.2C_potassium.2C_magnesium_intake_for_ketogenic_diets_.2B_sports_.28and_all_about_the_.22keto_flu.22.2C_heart_palpitations_and_cramps.29

basically, why you feel weak = adaptation process. also being low carb means your body excretes alot of electrolytes.

I personally am just "lazy keto" and eat mostly protein with carbs being limited to (sauces/seasoning/salad dressing/and occassionally batter on fried chicken)
(ie: no fruits besides avocado, tomatos and berries, no rice, noodles, bread, potatoes, root veges, sugar, tend to avoid all artificial sweeteners except erythritol ,aspartarme and stevia)

typical day for me is

breakfast 2-3 eggs, 2 slices bacon, double shot espresso, avocados if i can find them

lunch: chicken or tuna salad with japanese sesame mayo

snack: protein shake post lunch workout

dinner: meat (steak,chicken or fish) with salads on the side (could be astons, kfc , rottiserie, popeyes, texas fried chicken, sashimi, shabu shabu or whatever is available)

I work out between 2-3 hours a day in a yoga/gymnastics split work out (ie: yoga days are considered deload/recovery) (2-3 workouts a day (730am, 1230pm, 730pm classes)

Edited by Chris Low

Just to share, I started working out and eating clean on 1 December 2016. I weighed 76.7kg when i started but today, after 52 days, I'm at 72.6kg. Ideal weight? 70kg with 15% bodyfat (measured by my PT using skin calipers)

Here's what I have everyday:
Breakfast
3 egg omelette with:
30grams spinach
10grams feta (twice a week only)
20g cherry tomatoes

Black coffee, less sugar
Myprotein AlphaMen tablets

Lunch (changes day to day but most days its this)
$5 worth of chicken breast from the chicken rice stall
1 hard boiled egg
$1 worth of blanched bak choy, no sauce.

1 apple

Snack
Handful of Roasted almonds

Dinner
200grams of chicken, sometimes salmon

30grams of kale, sometimes broccoli

1 capsule of fish oil

I also drink 2.5 litres of water per day (i used to drink just 1 litre) and I take whey protein after a work out. So far, i've been really happy with my results and my physique has visibly changed when i look at myself in the mirror.

Edited by limpeh

On 24/01/2017 at 3:13 PM, -Ignored- said:

just by eating and drinking this? how intense your workout is? do you spend time building muscles too?

Yes, like I mentioned I have a PT. I go to the gym 4 times a week on fixed days (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat). 2 of these are sessions with my PT to do compound movements (squats, deadlifts, etc) and the other two days I do various isolation exercises in a plan he did up for me.

4 hours ago, limpeh said:

Yes, like I mentioned I have a PT. I go to the gym 4 times a week on fixed days (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat). 2 of these are sessions with my PT to do compound movements (squats, deadlifts, etc) and the other two days I do various isolation exercises in a plan he did up for me.

I presume by isolation exercises you mean exercises that uses single joints? Its rather interesting because you should also continue with some of the compound movements as part of your own daily routine.

19 hours ago, xydboy said:

I presume by isolation exercises you mean exercises that uses single joints? Its rather interesting because you should also continue with some of the compound movements as part of your own daily routine.

Yeah I probably should but I worry about form without my PT's supervision, and I told him this. Until I get more experience, I don't want to do them on my own. Squats and deadlifts are pretty intimidating - unless you know other compound movements that I can do on my own?

And yes by isolation exercises i mean things like bicep curls, tricep extensions, lateral raises.

6 hours ago, limpeh said:

Yeah I probably should but I worry about form without my PT's supervision, and I told him this. Until I get more experience, I don't want to do them on my own. Squats and deadlifts are pretty intimidating - unless you know other compound movements that I can do on my own?

And yes by isolation exercises i mean things like bicep curls, tricep extensions, lateral raises.

How long have you been training under your PT? If you have been doing so for a month or so, then I would suggest your PT doing some changes in the way to teach. If someone has difficulty doing the exercise, it is the duty of the PT to either perform a task simplification or a regression in the exercise routine (mental note to myself to include this in the PT's syllabus). Judging from your statements, the self efficacy level isn't there yet and the movements are still in the cognitive stage of learning. Sorry that I've got to put it this way but If you have been with the PT for few months and still at this stage, I would suggest either up your game or get someone more experienced. You have the right to do so because you are the trainee who is paying the dues. You deserve the very best out of the buck you paid for. Ok we are digressing. Anyway back to topic, isolated movements will not be sufficient when it comes to building muscles and performing resistance training. We usually encourage multiple joints. Since we perform most of our activities of daily living with them, so why should we be training and spending most of our time in isolated movements?

Edited by xydboy

16 hours ago, xydboy said:

How long have you been training under your PT? If you have been doing so for a month or so, then I would suggest your PT doing some changes in the way to teach. If someone has difficulty doing the exercise, it is the duty of the PT to either perform a task simplification or a regression in the exercise routine (mental note to myself to include this in the PT's syllabus). Judging from your statements, the self efficacy level isn't there yet and the movements are still in the cognitive stage of learning. Sorry that I've got to put it this way but If you have been with the PT for few months and still at this stage, I would suggest either up your game or get someone more experienced. You have the right to do so because you are the trainee who is paying the dues. You deserve the very best out of the buck you paid for. Ok we are digressing. Anyway back to topic, isolated movements will not be sufficient when it comes to building muscles and performing resistance training. We usually encourage multiple joints. Since we perform most of our activities of daily living with them, so why should we be training and spending most of our time in isolated movements?

Lol relax man, I've only started with my PT on 10 January. It's only been three weeks! Before that from December I was working out on my own and joining classes.

Like I said, I'm not confident enough yet to do big compound movements on my own without screwing up my form, so yes my self efficacy level isn't there yet and I am still learning. I'm well aware of my stage of progress and I do not want to be that gung ho superhero who rushes into things and then getting injured. Heck, I haven't even progressed to barbell squats yet and am still doing goblet squats (started with body weight).

BUT that being said, the reason why I decided to get a PT is to learn these things, and he's been great. With every session, the pointers he has to give get less and less and in time, I'll be able to do them on my own.

I hit the gym to do these isolation movements on top of the twice a week sessions I have with him (which is what I can afford right now) because I don't want to sit on my arse the rest of the week and do nothing. Relax, most of my time is still spent on compound movements but under my PT's watchful eye. For now.

On 1/27/2017 at 7:48 PM, limpeh said:

Lol relax man, I've only started with my PT on 10 January. It's only been three weeks! Before that from December I was working out on my own and joining classes.

Like I said, I'm not confident enough yet to do big compound movements on my own without screwing up my form, so yes my self efficacy level isn't there yet and I am still learning. I'm well aware of my stage of progress and I do not want to be that gung ho superhero who rushes into things and then getting injured. Heck, I haven't even progressed to barbell squats yet and am still doing goblet squats (started with body weight).

BUT that being said, the reason why I decided to get a PT is to learn these things, and he's been great. With every session, the pointers he has to give get less and less and in time, I'll be able to do them on my own.

I hit the gym to do these isolation movements on top of the twice a week sessions I have with him (which is what I can afford right now) because I don't want to sit on my arse the rest of the week and do nothing. Relax, most of my time is still spent on compound movements but under my PT's watchful eye. For now.

Its meant to be that way. Goblet squats are usually done first before the individual progress to barbell squats. Barbell squats are meant to be the "terminal" stage and only performed when "milestones" have been achieved. But its good effort that you are getting some work out done.

15 hours ago, xydboy said:

Its meant to be that way. Goblet squats are usually done first before the individual progress to barbell squats. Barbell squats are meant to be the "terminal" stage and only performed when "milestones" have been achieved. But its good effort that you are getting some work out done.

My fitness journey has just begun and I feel great about it :) Just to share with everyone, my weight has dropped to 71.5kg, all while making strength gains. (Haven't gotten my body fat percentage measured though, but my clothes fit better and my love handles are disappearing)

If I can do it, you guys can too!

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/01/2017 at 4:28 AM, xydboy said:

Super happy to report that I've 'graduated' from goblet squats to barbell squats! My PT says my form is getting on okay though now and then I do get reminded to push my knees out a bit more. Soon I'll be able to do them unsupervised :)

My weight has also dropped to 70KG and I'm at 21% body fat. My goal is actually 70KG and 15% body fat but it looks like I need to loose more fat and gain muscle to be in that range... Still, I'm very happy with my progress!

Guest Congrats
22 minutes ago, limpeh said:

Super happy to report that I've 'graduated' from goblet squats to barbell squats! My PT says my form is getting on okay though now and then I do get reminded to push my knees out a bit more. Soon I'll be able to do them unsupervised :)

My weight has also dropped to 70KG and I'm at 21% body fat. My goal is actually 70KG and 15% body fat but it looks like I need to loose more fat and gain muscle to be in that range... Still, I'm very happy with my progress!

Congrats =)

1 hour ago, limpeh said:

Good to hear that. Do increase the different types of legs workout. More variety and more overload makes good gains.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Eat till not hungry.

Don't eat till full.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

10 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

too much intake of a carbo is a strict no-no! but i saw some still indulging with so much carbo (assuming they must be very slim!)

the only exception is today, a guy, quite fit woh (not perfect in the eyes of gays and some of u experts of cos), quite lah
he told the rice-seller , not too much rice pls, so the seller laughed at him that he is slim& fit enough
he said no, not enough, getting plumper ( but still quite cute to me)
but i dont understand why many kept intaking so much carbo eg was passing by Hans, thinking of getting a drink for a chat there

a guy (a gay definitely) sitting bside me , ordered extra bread for his soup and then ordered a plate of dont know what noodles and top up with another bowl of rice 
and it is getting late already 9pm (by the time he completes his meal), goodness!!!! even if u r a slim , u shdnt , really

btw , by having less carbo is not related to muscles or gym, it is about the health (in a long term)
Mbr shd thk long run

we wanna lose weight cos of healthy reasons not cos of main issues like being attractive/sexual reasons 

Its more about the quality than omitting carbohydrates from the diet. What you have mentioned is incorrect and misinformed due to public concerns. Looking at the health promotion board recommendations (based on my healhty plate: https://www.healthhub.sg/programmes/55/my-healthy-plate), we are looking at the consumption of whole grains food rather than refined grains. No where was mentioned about reduction of carbohydrate intake. In fact, specifically, we are looking at 5-7 servings of whole grains type of food (e.g., brown rice and whole meal bread) and these are still considered carbohydrates. For more information on types of carbohydrate, refer to :https://www.healthhub.sg/programmes/58/a-guide-to-carbs

17 hours ago, xydboy said:

Its more about the quality than omitting carbohydrates from the diet. What you have mentioned is incorrect and misinformed due to public concerns. Looking at the health promotion board recommendations (based on my healhty plate: https://www.healthhub.sg/programmes/55/my-healthy-plate), we are looking at the consumption of whole grains food rather than refined grains. No where was mentioned about reduction of carbohydrate intake. In fact, specifically, we are looking at 5-7 servings of whole grains type of food (e.g., brown rice and whole meal bread) and these are still considered carbohydrates. For more information on types of carbohydrate, refer to :https://www.healthhub.sg/programmes/58/a-guide-to-carbs

Yeap. What xydboy shared is damn true.

Havard Health has published an article on such facts.  (tho from a dental perspective, I don't agree with dried fruits as they can be very heavily processed. it is like a sugar bomb with a good chance of tooth decay with bad oral hygiene and snacking habits) 

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-smart-way-to-look-at-carbohydrates

Not all carb are the same because the way our body process and break down is different. Some are more beneficial, some are not. Just imagine your body as a house, and the food you eat as materials you use to build them. How well built this "house" is, is really dependant on the quality of materials used.

This can be applied to fats too.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:12 PM, -Ignored- said:

my intention  is : it has to be a balanced diet. NOT too-much intake 

Go ahead and take all the carbo  (how can a human not intake carbo?! even vegetarian dish and mix rice stall is full of carbo) which u need to create a balance diet, u read too much

who will take a bowl of rice (white) after some normal white bread w noodles

i eat rice daily if not noodles and my fav pasta (cream sauce) but i will not add on with another bowl of carbo/rice and more bread

I m just sharing an example of what i have heard and seen
I did not intend to mis inform any 

the keyword is NOT too much 

it is ok to have carbo and its minimal depending on your lifestyle

xydboy endlessly spent time in gym and sportive activities of cos u need carbo, this is basic commonsense right?

Thanks for the clarification. I think its the media where they hyper-sensitise a particular info. I see where you are coming from so thanks for making effort to clarify.

• 4 weeks later...

I was actually quite fat , my height 180 94kg 25% pbf ( fat )  last November  due to sport injured and grew fat by keep eating and no sports for almost a year plus. 

i started cut down by running from 2.4 till 5-7km .. started 5 mins ( my slow pace ) run 1 mins walk ( bought xtend  bcaa to replenish myself from constant run ) and then I try to keep cutting Down the walk time till I able to run 5km-7km without stopping average 30-40mins and take weights ( drink creatine with protein powder ) it’s a painful journey I did that 5-6 days every week.  After 2 months my weight drop wil 83. 

My diet for everyday 

breakfast - rice with veg or chicken breast salad , beef with rice.

lunch - skip , just drink I-2 scoop of protein  powder

dinner-  I eat anything even pig trotter etc just NO rice, potatoes all sort of high carb food.. 

Currently I still do run n weights 3 days play bball a day  and go for 1 day boxing class and 1 day hiit class n rest sat or sun.

Current weight 80 kg 15% pbf  ( still trying to cut down my pbf ) 

Before I try running , I did all those short cut like skipping meals , drinking soup , fruits , meal replacement etc .

Honestly .. all dun really works . Exercise is the best and most effective way. 

Until the day everyone says u slim down a lot u feel happy and think back those 2-3 months of hard work is worth it. 

Hope u get to good shape for ur  family wedding !!! 

Edited by kevinGZ

Guest plateau

I've reached weight loss plateau

I lost around 7kg within 3 months.

However over the last 1 month, my weight keep hovering and no longer reduce even though I continue to do cardio and eat less.

Any1 can teach me how to break through this barrier?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.