Male HQ

Which brand of bag I can use in the office that will not expose me as gay?

Guest Guest

31 minutes ago, HydroNaut said:

I woiuld suggest "NTUC plastic bag", gay will not be so un-glam to be caught using it to bag his belongings. :)

I actually do carry Ntuc plastic bag to office. Coz it serves the purpose and i cldnt care less what others think. It works. Thats all that matters.

Dear Guest,

I think you should carry whatever bag you want. A LV bag does not say anything about your personality or your character, much less your sexuality. Most of the time, it is just us worrying too much about how people will perceive us. If a person is judged based on the brand of bag that they carry, it is just a stereotype. However, since you are not ready to come out yet, I advice you to carry a bag with a solid dark colour; nothing too bright. 

LV is ok. But avoid those with many LV,LV logo or square square on it. No need to be loud in the branding design. Those who knows branded, one look will know its LV.

Example of shape choices are - Neo Robusto.

Material - taurillon

No tote bag. This one, blind ppl also can smell that u gay.

Else, u can consider Dunhill or Bally(no loud colours)

But if walk like macho mary, wrist always broken, carry what also look gay.

42 minutes ago, HydroNaut said:

You sound interesting. :)

Thanks. I dont bother abt what others in the office/outside may or may not think coz their opinions dont matter to me. They are colleagues/strangers, thats all. Not friends. Not family. 

On 28/12/2016 at 11:25 PM, Guest Guest said:

I'm a closeted gay and I have no plan of outing myself yet. In my new office, I notice that most men are straight and sad to say no one are my type. I already toned down my vanity and I'm thinking of changing my Lv duffel bag to something not so eye catching. Kindly please recommend a brand and style

Actually, it also depends on which industry you are in.

If you are a banker, teacher or lawyer, let's say, a briefcase may be better for your image:

business-man-briefcase-talking-phone-259

A lot of guys like to carry those Eastpac backpacks (or other brands that look similar). They are the "safest" for guys to carry.

eastpak-backpacks-eastpak-padded-pak-r-b

Or a more preppy-looking backpack might look like this:

79332f8e17b3e21df3105a3bd509171f.jpg

If you are not into backpacks but like something preppy still, maybe this:

Ralph-Lauren-Polo-Blue-Duffle-bag-1024x8

If you want to project a tough-guy image, maybe something like a sports brand bag?

everlast_sportsbagevb06-s_1.jpg

All that being said, I had a closeted gay ex-colleague who never carried any bag to work (good luck if it rains!). He only brings a pen. But people started suspecting he was gay because of his overall behaviour.

I don't think any bag can reveal anyone as gay, not even a Chanel classic flap if you know how to match it to your built, face, clothes and mannerism.

If you are thinking of getting something from a premium brand, stick to structured bag (YSL Sac de Jour, LV Porte-Document Voyage in damier graphite canvas). Or go for something from Madewell or Cambridge Satchel (I know it's kind of passe) if you don't have a big budget. 

I've posted my snarky 2 cents earlier, but honestly, how much crap does one need to carry on a daily basis to work? 

Recently I invested in a leather portfolio/document holder that fits both my iPad, 13" Macbook Pro, a moleskin notebook and pen. Granted it is too slim to fit an umbrella, but for the most parts, it fits nicely into one hand, and it is professional looking. 

Love. 

3 minutes ago, Stephen John Barnett said:

Yeah my arse alot of young guys carries it LMFAO LOL.

Stephen

this is a kind of bag that some uncles and younger Bengs will carry it

I assumed u know what is Beng , it is a singlish word , u have to google about it

most normal youngsters will not  unless they are imitating another Beng (unknowingly)

my female frens told me they are going overseas to make purchase for men!

I was surprised and I asked them, for men? isn't bags related to women, what sort of bags??????? show me the purchases immediately, I commanded

they showed me and which is something what we labelled as "uncle or ah beng bags" in Singapore (shown in your photo)

yes , these designs could  have come from European countries but I think the association is different

just like in some ctries, women are being objectified as a sex object or something lowly, they cannot carry out religious rites

but in some areas, women have the same footing as their men counterparts

same woman but different career paths eg a college graduated lady might just end up becoming an office lady/admin person but not the males

u get my concept?

1 minute ago, -Ignored- said:

Stephen

this is a kind of bag that some uncles and younger Bengs will carry it

I assumed u know what is Beng , it is a singlish word , u have to google about it

most normal youngsters will not  unless they are imitating another Beng (unknowingly)

my female frens told me they are going overseas to make purchase for men!

I was surprised and I asked them, for men? isn't bags related to women, what sort of bags??????? show me the purchases immediately, I commanded

they showed me and which is something what we labelled as "uncle or ah beng bags" in Singapore (shown in your photo)

yes , these designs could  have come from European countries but I think the association is different

just like in some ctries, women are being objectified as a sex object or something lowly, they cannot carry out religious rites

but in some areas, women have the same footing as their men counterparts

same woman but different career paths eg a college graduated lady might just end up becoming an office lady/admin person but not the males

u get my concept?

yeah if you wanna talk about bags Bally is an uncle type of bag.

8 minutes ago, Stephen John Barnett said:

poor bally designers!

the bags I was ref is not contain within bally but burb, and LV and all inclusive

prolly those that are one standard colour, eg pure black ie not very beng-ish then

1 minute ago, Stephen John Barnett said:

yeah okay.

sorry that it sounded like a culture -electrifying shock to some

but somehow this is how they view it

however, so long we love it, let s carry them, we do not live for the eyes of others

8 hours ago, Guest Idea said:

This bag is as asexual as it can get. But some imaginative straight guys may think you are pretending to be a stewardess.

bigstock_Traveler_with_a_suitcase_on_th_

Actually, if you work near the State Courts or High Court, you can see many lawyers, both male and female, bringing such trolley bags to court. 

But theirs is usually the black leather kind.

I think nowadays straight guys are also quite trendy, and open to many fashion statements that were largely popular only with LGBT. I think some mannerisms might expose more than our fashion sense. That said, you might want to consider the below, or just a laugh :). To make a stronger statement, try carrying it under your armpits...lol

IMG_0494.JPG

3 minutes ago, mansoar said:

IMG_0494.JPG

I know a guy (married father of 2 - 3 kids) who ever wore such a pouch during his working hours.

Eventually his colleagues told him not to because it made him look very "uncle" and it was overall not good for his image.

So he took their advice and stopped.  :D

But I remember when I was a kid, McDonalds ever had such a pouch (smaller and more colourful) as a free gift. And back then it was very trendy to be seen wearing one outdoors, or during informal gatherings with your classmates.

28 minutes ago, mansoar said:

However, I have absolutely no recollection of the Macdonald's pouch at all...lol

I was trying to see if there's an online picture to show you, but there wasn't. Probably too long ago  LOL (It was during the late 80s.) 

I like a lot of the McDonalds free gifts during the 80s. A lot of them were very useful, and even educational, e.g. waistpouch, sling bag, air-tight lunchbox, mini suitcase (pretty big, with a surface area like an IPad screen size, and it was a few inches wide, and made of hard plastic. It could be fastened securely when it was closed, and it had a cute handle that was shaped as their trademark "M" golden arches), Disney and Muppets storybooks, etc.

One time they even had a cassette or CD (you could choose) of love songs from the various Disney movies that came with the Happy Meal. I think I still have the cassette but it's probably moldy now  LOL

Nowadays they just give toys with the Happy Meal. 

(I think I'm deviating too much from the topic  :D)

Edited by CKW

6 hours ago, Stephen John Barnett said:

I disagree. Bally has been upping up their designs the past few seasons, and is actually pretty decent. Their shoes though have been amazing of late, and I bought a pair of their high-top sneakers. I have yet to buy a bag from them, but from what I've seen, it is pretty good. Not uncle at all. 

Love. 

18 hours ago, Stephen John Barnett said:

yeah okay.

I apolog just to judge based on a photo (ref to last link/attachment), but I m trying to show Stephen what is an Ah Beng in a local context

(eg from their tattoo, their neck chain etc)
carrying an uncle-looking bag probably is still better than:

18 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

poor bally designers!

the bags I was ref is not contain within bally but burb, and LV and all inclusive

prolly those that are one standard colour, eg pure black ie not very beng-ish then

21 hours ago, doncoin said:

I disagree. Bally has been upping up their designs the past few seasons, and is actually pretty decent. Their shoes though have been amazing of late, and I bought a pair of their high-top sneakers. I have yet to buy a bag from them, but from what I've seen, it is pretty good. Not uncle at all. 

Yes, agreed with u. Bally is not uncle, though it cater mainly to businessman looks.

I have the wallet, few shoes, bags, and its kinda trendy. 

In short, choose wisely, whichever brand.

On 17/01/2017 at 10:38 AM, Stephen John Barnett said:

well to put it straight i have a authentic louis vuitton monogram beaubourg mm and it does'nt make me gay LMFAO WTF.

Well, i have the messenger bag. Carried less than 5 times. Totally regret buying. Looks so gay.

The word 'authentic' is not required. Who wanna carry a fake?

Guest 佑群老师
On 17/01/2017 at 10:43 AM, Stephen John Barnett said:

BeauBourg MM Monogram Canvas.jpg

When carrying this bag, pls do not dye your hair, wear armani xchange tee or ck tee, faded bootcut jeans, plimsolls, chunky watch, metal bracelets and rings if you don't want to come across as beng, especially if you are in your mid thirties or above.

On ‎18‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:08 PM, benedict5856 said:

Well, i have the messenger bag. Carried less than 5 times. Totally regret buying. Looks so gay.

The word 'authentic' is not required. Who wanna carry a fake?

Plenty would carry an imitation, Ben

The latest is imitation watch too

• 1 month later...

I've been noticing this trend for a while, accessories for your accessories. The most obvious is that silly fur pom for your bag. While still not overtly epidemic yet, I do see some teenage girls at the fancy private school near me attach them to their backbacks for a while, and it seems to be getting more popular. You know with gay men, when something is popular with teenage girls, they will want to have it too sooner or later. \

Fendi which started this trend 4 seasons ago calls them fur charms, which really is just fur ball to me. So, the point I am making is if you are concerned about labelled gay or picha lobang, avoid the fur balls. 

8810035511326.jpg#product-big

Love. 

Guest Guest
On 1/6/2017 at 0:54 PM, HydroNaut said:

I woiuld suggest "NTUC plastic bag", gay will not be so un-glam to be caught using it to bag his belongings. :)

Strongly agreed with NTUC plastic bag. Before using : STEP 1 Puncture 2 holes on each side of the bag. STEP 2 Ensure no remaining shopping receipts in it. STEP 3 Make sure the bag is free from any odour ie fish smell, chicken, beef, pork etc. STEP 4 Slowly put over your head now ensuring ventilation is possible.

There your problem is solved now. No one can ever tell you are gay from the bag you are carrying. Plus point is you can use it under the rain without having your hairdo ruined. Glad to be of help.

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/01/2017 at 11:59 AM, faradise said:

Lol this is an uncle bag, of course you wouldn't look gay with it.

Whatever you all are so childish its only a fucking bag what ever brand shape people like they will just wear it and show off bally is an uncle brand  gucci too is an uncle buy.

Guest Bonfire

In other words, what bags do heterosexual males use these days? Just look around and copy what they use. It is not that hard to act straight with bags.

Seriously, just use a bag that is appropriate for the occasion, be it school, work or sports. And even if you like to use fancy bags, you do you, just be yourself. It doesn't hurt anyone to show off your brilliant match of bag to your daily outfit. After all, having a fashion sense doesn't make any one less or more straight. :frustrated::frustrated:

Guest Guest
On 09/01/2017 at 8:59 PM, Guest CKW said:

Actually, it also depends on which industry you are in.

If you are a banker, teacher or lawyer, let's say, a briefcase may be better for your image:

business-man-briefcase-talking-phone-259

A lot of guys like to carry those Eastpac backpacks (or other brands that look similar). They are the "safest" for guys to carry.

eastpak-backpacks-eastpak-padded-pak-r-b

Or a more preppy-looking backpack might look like this:

79332f8e17b3e21df3105a3bd509171f.jpg

If you are not into backpacks but like something preppy still, maybe this:

Ralph-Lauren-Polo-Blue-Duffle-bag-1024x8

If you want to project a tough-guy image, maybe something like a sports brand bag?

everlast_sportsbagevb06-s_1.jpg

All that being said, I had a closeted gay ex-colleague who never carried any bag to work (good luck if it rains!). He only brings a pen. But people started suspecting he was gay because of his overall behaviour.

Horrible typical dumb jock type. These bag shows the carrier only gym n gym n gym. Terrible straight non fashion. Sorry as I am a fashionista.

Guest Design your own butch bag
51 minutes ago, doncoin said:

Applique overload by Alessandro Michele. I have to admit, I love the stuff from the Tian collection last year. 

You can buy a plain Dionysus bag and then use DIY appliques both from Gucci AND not from Gucci. Will be interesting to see those customised with third party appliques, e.g. rock band, military, even cartoon patches, etc.!

Guest Butch it up!
9 minutes ago, Guest Design your own butch bag said:

You can buy a plain Dionysus bag and then use DIY appliques both from Gucci AND not from Gucci. Will be interesting to see those customised with third party appliques, e.g. rock band, military, even cartoon patches, etc.!

Heck, there are guys who carry the Chanel Boy bag. I don't see how Dionysus cannot be customised to become masculine!

chanel-men-2-bag.jpg

• Guest locked this topic