Male HQ

$100 voucher for current and former NSmen

lonelyglobe

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2017 at 11:21 PM, lonelyglobe said:

yap, they will be crediting cash come this august if your annual pay does not exceed 28k :P

National Day has come and gone, and still no sign of any voucher. So I emailed at the website and their reply was (my comments in brackets):

"We are pleased to assist you with your enquiry of your NS50 Recognition Package." [It's like they're doing NSmen a favour, when they are the ones who have forgotten to send out voucher!]

"With regards to your NS50 Recognition Package, i have checked and you are eligible. Pertaining to your membership card, your expiry date may have lapsed without your knowledge. We will be sending you the Notification Letter to the address that is stated on your NRIC latest by End of August to sign up for the package.Upon successful registration, the NS50 Package will then be sent out to the mailing address about 4 to 8 weeks later."

Why do they need anyone to sign up for the package? If all current and former NS men are entitled, why don't they just send it out? And someone just told me this was the 3rd round of vouchers i.e. previous two years there were vouchers too. - Is that correct? Have NSmen not in the loop been cheated of their "recognition" entitlements?

yap, they will be crediting cash come this august if your annual pay does not exceed 28k :P

National Day has come and gone, and still no sign of any voucher. So I emailed at the website and their reply was (my comments in brackets):

"We are pleased to assist you with your enquiry of your NS50 Recognition Package." [It's like they're doing NSmen a favour, when they are the ones who have forgotten to send out voucher!]

"With regards to your NS50 Recognition Package, i have checked and you are eligible. Pertaining to your membership card, your expiry date may have lapsed without your knowledge. We will be sending you the Notification Letter to the address that is stated on your NRIC latest by End of August to sign up for the package.Upon successful registration, the NS50 Package will then be sent out to the mailing address about 4 to 8 weeks later."

Why do they need anyone to sign up for the package? If all current and former NS men are entitled, why don't they just send it out? And someone just told me this was the 3rd round of vouchers i.e. previous two years there were vouchers too. - Is that correct? Have NSmen not in the loop been cheated of their "recognition" entitlements?

Guest Hungry Go Where
7 minutes ago, bigdanbeam said:

Found my letter in the mail ytd. Asked to register to get the 100 vouchers and the one year foc safra membershit which you cant opt out of

I opt for the full 100 vouchers because I don't want to give $40 back to the govt to sign for the membership.  First they send you notification letter asking you to register online for the package.  You have two options:

Sign up $40 SAFRA membership and received $60 vouchers with subsequent 2-3 years free membership OR

Get $100 full NS vouchers

The good thing they request you to sign online is to ensure that they are sending to the right person with the correct mailing address before they mail the vouchers to you.  I understand not many people want they vouchers to be send to the wrong place.

Upon registration online, you will receive your $100 within 4 to 8 weeks, which I find it a little too long.  Anyway, if you are not desperate, you can wait and decide what you want to do with the vouchers.   For practicality,  I think using of using it on:

1)  FOOD republic will save lots of meal expenses.  Too bad there is no food republic in my area. So most probably will spend on

2)  NTUC groceries

3)  Cakes from breadtalk (for family member birthday) or wait until christmas to buy log-cake from some food outlets

Lots of places to choose.  Spend wisely in this bad times.

have not received mine too until I sent an email... received a letter 2 days later telling me to 1) Log on to SAFRA NS50 portal @ ns50.safra.sg or 2) reply the attached Registration Form.

option 1 does not work which always shows me an invalid web page so I go for option 2 :doh:

9 minutes ago, ThinkTank said:

have not received mine too until I sent an email... received a letter 2 days later telling me to 1) Log on to SAFRA NS50 portal @ ns50.safra.sg or 2) reply the attached Registration Form.

option 1 does not work which always shows me an invalid web page so I go for option 2 :doh:

Option 1 works for me now tho... just registered

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

1 hour ago, Guest Hungry Go Where said:

I opt for the full 100 vouchers because I don't want to give $40 back to the govt to sign for the membership.  First they send you notification letter asking you to register online for the package.  You have two options:

Sign up $40 SAFRA membership and received $60 vouchers with subsequent 2-3 years free membership OR

Get $100 full NS vouchers

The good thing they request you to sign online is to ensure that they are sending to the right person with the correct mailing address before they mail the vouchers to you.  I understand not many people want they vouchers to be send to the wrong place.

Upon registration online, you will receive your $100 within 4 to 8 weeks, which I find it a little too long.  Anyway, if you are not desperate, you can wait and decide what you want to do with the vouchers.   For practicality,  I think using of using it on:

1)  FOOD republic will save lots of meal expenses.  Too bad there is no food republic in my area. So most probably will spend on

2)  NTUC groceries

3)  Cakes from breadtalk (for family member birthday) or wait until christmas to buy log-cake from some food outlets

Lots of places to choose.  Spend wisely in this bad times.

- Is this the only "recognition" package so far...? Previous years? I heard there were 2015, 2016 vouchers...no?

30 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

- Is this the only "recognition" package so far...? Previous years? I heard there were 2015, 2016 vouchers...no?

I remember there was one such monetary vouchers in the past, but not sure which year.  Unless you are referrring to money direct credit into bank account from the govt, yes there were few times after a budget was announced in past years.

I do not remember I have registered as I was told that all eligible guys will get the NS50 package so I waited patiently for my package.. I did go tampines safra to check in May and the staff told me that I belong to the second batch which will receive latest by end June.  Indeed,  I received the package on the last week of June with $100 vouchers and one year extension to my existing safra membership for another year.  Upon receipt of the package,  I registered for the free NS50 passion card which I just got during first week of August and the passion card expiry date is 31 Aug 2023.  Anyway,  I exchanged my NS50 voucher for capital mall vouchers and passed them to my mum to use in ntuc fairprice supermarket ( I need to exchange to capital mall voucher as the use of these vouchers normally need u to be around to show your NRIC) 

Edited by tampguy

For income tax n reservist matter, the relevant authorities will contact us very efficiently.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Interesting, isn't it? For over half a year, Mindef advertised endlessly on their site etc how a letter would be sent out, everybody is entitled, it's appreciation, etc. But now that SAF Day, NDP, and all the hoohah and PR events are over, the matter is placed aside.

You want, you come and do it yourself.

Gives you a hint of what the whole exercise is really for, and what kind of people run our armed forces.

6 hours ago, Larry said:

Why bother? They want to give then give, that's my attitude. After all $100 don't seemed to be a big deal.

Nevertheless, this exercise reinforces the thought since my NS till this days, i.e. ARMY COCK-UP.

Ha-ha

If it's entitlement, why let them scam us? Think of the golden years you had to give up (when you were at your youngest, most nubile and seductive :wub:  Any deal - this year, last year or the year before, you deserve to claim all!

Guest Peng Kia
13 hours ago, Cube3 said:

If it's entitlement, why let them scam us? Think of the golden years you had to give up (when you were at your youngest, most nubile and seductive :wub:  Any deal - this year, last year or the year before, you deserve to claim all!

It is never enough for the time and sacrifice made for serving NS right up to the completion of 13th cycle.  Can you imagine how bosses treated us when we went for ICT and how our commanders treated us when we were in the ICT?  Can you imagine why we were not favored by employers because we were absence for 2-3 weeks in a row?  and return to work piled up with backlogs and lots of pressure?   Can you imagine where some white horse or foreigners do not have to serve NS nor called up for mobilisation exercsie while we have to spend our weekends on stand-by mode and not being able to be with our family.  Can you imagine how many people got injured or suffered permanent injury  during those active time and those injuries came to haunt them when they aged?  You still think SGD100 vouchers is enough for all those sufferings? 

Guest HokkienPeng
7 minutes ago, Guest Peng Kia said:

It is never enough for the time and sacrifice made for serving NS right up to the completion of 13th cycle.  Can you imagine how bosses treated us when we went for ICT and how our commanders treated us when we were in the ICT?  Can you imagine why we were not favored by employers because we were absence for 2-3 weeks in a row?  and return to work piled up with backlogs and lots of pressure?   Can you imagine where some white horse or foreigners do not have to serve NS nor called up for mobilisation exercsie while we have to spend our weekends on stand-by mode and not being able to be with our family.  Can you imagine how many people got injured or suffered permanent injury  during those active time and those injuries came to haunt them when they aged?  You still think SGD100 vouchers is enough for all those sufferings? 

Well said. I'll vote you for the next next next Elected President. 

Guest Peng Kia
5 hours ago, Guest HokkienPeng said:

Well said. I'll vote you for the next next next Elected President. 

I am not malay or half malay leh.  So how?  I am actually eyeing to be the next PM, since other races cannot eye for that post.   

If I become PM of Singapore,  Singapore will never become such a mess today.

I think it's fine to take the vouchers, whatever you end up having to do, if you had a great time in NS.

However, be ready for this to be used against you in the future should you have any grievances or injustice. Just read all the archive news articles and see how often these minuscule freebies are used to dismiss genuine cases of mismanagement.

Guest Knew already
8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I think it's fine to take the vouchers, whatever you end up having to do, if you had a great time in NS.

However, be ready for this to be used against you in the future should you have any grievances or injustice. Just read all the archive news articles and see how often these minuscule freebies are used to dismiss genuine cases of mismanagement.

Already too deep--rooted beyond repair.  At least 100 yes-men  years to be exact.

Guest MC King
8 hours ago, Guest Fatty said:

Heng we voted for pap then we get the vouchers 

If you vote for opposition, you probably get more than SGD100.  May be lifetime annuity for all NS men.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Neck Long Long

5th week after I have registered and still no news.  Our govt very efficient hor?  They know how to put on show before the PE, now after the PE they all worked like snail.

Guest Neck Long Long
43 minutes ago, bigdanbeam said:

Was told will get it after 6 weeks

So stupid right?  We call ourselves smart nation and yet still so much paper work and time taken.  Why not just flash our IC at any Singpost and we get our vouchers from there.

Guest Classic Example

May be those who didn't opt for SAFRA membership get it slower than those who opted to be member? As the PAP often said, those who are not with me have not part in me.

Got mine sometime back but serious.. that silly card has also another VALUE CHIP which you use at MRT and yet.. again.. if you another card like the POSB ATM with the same damn chip if you have both in your wallet and you tap to get into the SMRT gantry you get error time and again till you are force to take one card out to tap.

And if you want to take the hassle of carrying that PASSION CARD that also have that chip and is also part of POSB for example.. you have to pay get this like $50 for a 2 year membership just so you can keep one card in your wallet. If you don't you have to keep that still PASSION card/SAFRA in a separate wallet or bag. So this is taking some money out of my wallet just for the convenience of having the card in my wallet and yet not conflict. heheh...

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 9/20/2017 at 4:59 PM, Guest HOPE said:
On 9/20/2017 at 3:55 PM, Guest link please said:

If you have not receive your letter, you may register online at ns50.safra.sg

hi, this link that you provide is for safra members to register. But i am not a safra member and i also don't want safra membership. I only want the $100 voucher to use in NTUC. Is there any link to register? I don't remember receiving any letter from mindef.

2 hours ago, snowball said:

received today, but too bad, cannot give them to my mum to use

Think you can go to a mall she likes and you can exchange them for mall vouchers.. that way I think no names required when using them

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

3 hours ago, upshot said:

Think you can go to a mall she likes and you can exchange them for mall vouchers.. that way I think no names required when using them

I went to tampines mall customer service to exchange capital mall vouchers for my mum to use in the ntuc fairprice supermarket so that I need not be around when she used it

On 20 September 2017 at 9:59 PM, Guest Neck Long Long said:

5th week after I have registered and still no news.  Our govt very efficient hor?  They know how to put on show before the PE, now after the PE they all worked like snail.

Who did you vote for?

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

Huh, got mine today.

1. 10 pcs $10 voucher. Plan to use at NTUC Fairprice.

2. SAFRA membership card. No use, cut & throw away.

Very practical.

59 minutes ago, Larry said:

Huh, got mine today.

1. 10 pcs $10 voucher. Plan to use at NTUC Fairprice.

2. SAFRA membership card. No use, cut & throw away.

Oh no..not waste that yearly membership..

What I did at TPY (besides ogling at hunks),

.. get a free dessert when I order a value meal at McDs

.. get 10% discount at F & B outlets.. brought my latest AMDK to the Western food-eatery ..the bill was below SGD 40 for the two of us after the discount.. and this AMDK likes the simplicity of the place and the food...

.. get usage or preferential rate for local courses, sports facilities and entertainment outlets

not so useless, got free swimming pool, free shower, save on pub bills and amenities, get discount or points when patronised their store and points can be redeem for shopping voucher etc...spent most of the $100 at sheng siong and ntuc, some actually don't check your ic, only those very on one will check :whistle:

• Guest locked this topic