Male HQ

Auto Roaming In Japan

Guest Newie

Hi Guy

I know that Japan mobile is on 3G only.

I am subscribed to ST 2G plan with a 3G SIM card on a 3G phone. Will I able to autoroam in Japan? If not, how would I able to autoroam? What about Starhub or M1, are they able to autoroam in Japan?

Cheers

I dunno much about the 3G and GSM service in Japan. My friend had always need to get a loan CDMA phone from singtel whenever he needs to go outstation in to Japan.

You may check with your service provider on what is available. Last info i got is M1 and starhub does the same service.

Else, ask our friends here who have went Japan before. Check they out in the travel sub folder :)

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

In order to roam in Japan, you must have a 3G handset subscribing to autoroam service with a 3G sim card card.

For korea, you will need to rent a CDMA phone.

This apply to all service provider.

hi boiboi23

So if I have a 3G phone and a 3G SIM card, but subscribed to a 2G services with autoroaming. Will I able to roam in Japan.

CHEERS

Guest Guest_Steman
In order to roam in Japan, you must have a 3G handset subscribing to autoroam service with a 3G sim card card.

For korea, you will need to rent a CDMA phone.

This apply to all service provider.

hi boiboi23

So if I have a 3G phone and a 3G SIM card, but subscribed to a 2G services with autoroaming. Will I able to roam in Japan.

CHEERS

For more details why not pick up the phone and call your service provider?

Basically like boiboi23 said, you can use your phone in Japan as long as you have a 3G phone with a 3G subscription. Not sure about 2G plans though. Most people I know who uses a 3G phone subscribe to a 3G plan.

hi Newbie, as long as you have a 3G sim card and 3G phone with autoroam service you will be able to roam in Japan.

It doesn't matter whether your service is 2G.

FYI, Value added service like autoroam, pay as you roam, roam as you pay all these do not differentiate by 2G or 3G.

However, if you don't mind, could you tell me which service provider are you in?

So that I can advise you further.

Cheers!

hi Newbie, as long as you have a 3G sim card and 3G phone with autoroam service you will be able to roam in Japan.

It doesn't matter whether your service is 2G.

FYI, Value added service like autoroam, pay as you roam, roam as you pay all these do not differentiate by 2G or 3G.

However, if you don't mind, could you tell me which service provider are you in?

So that I can advise you further.

Cheers!

Hi boiboi23

Thanks for your information.

I am with Singtel Mobile.

Cheers

Guest hstnasia

It's quite simple, what you need are:

1. a 3G handset

2. a 3G SIM card

The rest of the thing your phone should be picking up automatically (at least that's for my case).

Guest hstnasia

Talking about charges, just be extra careful. The roaming charges for voice call in Japan can be pretty crazy. And avoid using the data, the roaming charges for data is around 40-50% more costly than voice.

I am using singtel network. Last year when i visited Japan, i was using a 3G hp but my sim card wasn't even 3G, it was just a 2G or 2G+ card (It only has 250 SIM contacts and 3G sim suppose to have 1000 available contacts). I did have autoroam service though.

I was able to connect to the Japan network while in Japan.

Its best to call 1626 to check with the singtel people though.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.