Male HQ

who are the gamers here?

• 3 years later...

CYBERPUNK has dropped!

Downloading from GOG and playing once finished .... with AC Odyssey.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I love those kind of game but never into co-op. Right now I have Valheim which I bought not long back but started on it as yet still very addicted to Satisfactory. It has multiplayer mode online but again not into that. If you play those games, I guess you might be playing Satisfactory?

Right now downloading their latest patch 4.0 for their Experimental version which was just release on 16th March. Lots of new component and equipments to build and big improvements.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

1 hour ago, upshot said:

I love those kind of game but never into co-op. Right now I have Valheim which I bought not long back but started on it as yet still very addicted to Satisfactory. It has multiplayer mode online but again not into that. If you play those games, I guess you might be playing Satisfactory?

Right now downloading their latest patch 4.0 for their Experimental version which was just release on 16th March. Lots of new component and equipments to build and big improvements.

Yeap. I have both valheim and satisfactory. I stopped awhile ago to play other games. I have quite a few similar titles too.

Whats new in satisfactory? The last i remember was mining for oil and transporting them with trucks. 

3 hours ago, bumfuzzled93 said:

Yeap. I have both valheim and satisfactory. I stopped awhile ago to play other games. I have quite a few similar titles too.

Whats new in satisfactory? The last i remember was mining for oil and transporting them with trucks. 

Quite a lot more but you can not get that on the early access version yet. It was just release under the EXPERIMENTAL version which not sure if you have it downloaded. In Steam you can have either one and in the EA Game version you can have both on your pc. Quite a lot of new stuff including some tweak to the Nuclear, there is now Nitrogen gas, there are finally lighting for night scene indoor and out, batter charger/power, drone even which will be good as an alternative to truck and trains.  Will not work with mods though.. This is on beta testing in the EXPERIMENTAL version and in about a month's time it will be ported to the early access version or maybe they will finally call it the proper game release version. I like this game as you can tweak to your heart's content and grow with it. This is like my Simcity or Cities Skyline where I play them for years in between other games I have on my Steam account.

Valheim will great. A lot of good review on it though it has its share of bugs still but that is to be expected for early adopters. So will see how.

For how I am tempted to download the EXPERIMENTAL ver. But that mean once I start or load my save game there, I can not go back to the original early access version till it catch up to whatever stuff that is available on the EXPERIMENTAL if not it will not load or crash as it can not find all the new equipment...etc  And also no MODs will work on it. For me can not live without the FLY mode cheat. I hate to walk about, hop or use the limited jetpack. With fly mode, so much easier to plan and layour my buidling designs. And also I hope they have extensive multi-block building.. do this panel by panel is crazy... imagine trying to make a platform of a mega base that is 100 panel x 100 panel.. one at a time. Seow. I think they did this on purpose to slow the pace down and make you appreciate and be deliberate with how you plan, calculate and build your factory's logistic but seow..when you are already very experience on the game and just want to move faster with build.

Anyway.. I love this game. Cousin of mine in Malaysia who happen to be an engineer recommended this to me a few months ago and since then... hooked. heheheh. Immersive. Steal a lot of my time away from other things including BW heheh  But allows me to also listen to my podcasts in the background while I play the game visually.

Some nice games out there I am eyeing but will see if there are any other special offers on it before buying.

Surviving Mars is not bad. Played a bit but for now put aside in favour of Satisfactory.

I see cool. I think I will wait for it to be stable before trying it out. Currently I am playing Dyson Sphere Program. Its pretty similar in terms of pipelining but more polished I feel. You should try that if you get a chance too.

I have surviving mars too but have yet to try it. The other games I think are quite nice are 'Oxygen not included', 'Rimworld', 'Factorio'. 

4 hours ago, bumfuzzled93 said:

I see cool. I think I will wait for it to be stable before trying it out. Currently I am playing Dyson Sphere Program. Its pretty similar in terms of pipelining but more polished I feel. You should try that if you get a chance too.

I have surviving mars too but have yet to try it. The other games I think are quite nice are 'Oxygen not included', 'Rimworld', 'Factorio'. 

Yup heard of them all. Have not bought them though. I have like about 100 games out of about 200+ that I buy and not played yet heheh... I keep saying each time I see a sale, that I better buy now so when I truly retire at home, I have a lot to play but think I buy faster than I can play heh but some sales... too tempting heh.

Ya I forgot all about Dyson Sphere ya some of the YouTuber who do online live play on Satisfactory , they also show themselves playing Dyson Sphere. That one is going from planet to planet. I saw the Oxygen not included.. that one has a pretty challenging learning curve.

Endzone - A World Apart is now on offer on Steam heh.

1 hour ago, bumfuzzled93 said:

This is on my wishlist on steam.

Too bad many of these games are designed single-player and it does seem rather limiting how much one player can build.

hahah I am your opposite. I am always these days complain why so few SINGLEPLAYER..  I hate being among too many cheaters and have given up on multiplayer. And I like playing by myself especially games that require me to think and stragegize. heheh...

38 minutes ago, upshot said:

hahah I am your opposite. I am always these days complain why so few SINGLEPLAYER..  I hate being among too many cheaters and have given up on multiplayer. And I like playing by myself especially games that require me to think and stragegize. heheh...

It will be very fun to play with some friends though. Miss the days of minecraft and all when I was still an undergrad.

Playing alone is fun too but it does lack the social aspect.

On thinking and strategising, have you tried 'They are billions' or 'Stardew Valley'?

1 hour ago, bumfuzzled93 said:

It will be very fun to play with some friends though. Miss the days of minecraft and all when I was still an undergrad.

Playing alone is fun too but it does lack the social aspect.

On thinking and strategising, have you tried 'They are billions' or 'Stardew Valley'?

They are Billions.. ya.. just a bit though. Put on hold along with the other games heheheh....

On 3/18/2021 at 8:39 AM, bumfuzzled93 said:

Anyone like indie co-op/base building games on steam? Valheim, craftopia, civilisation, 7 days to die, stellaris? 

i didnt realised i was quite into base building until my friends got me interested in terraria, shortly after we explored 7dtd, stardew together.

2 other single player titles i got addicted to was oxygen not included and rise to ruins

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.