Male HQ

LGBT Marathon - Is it possible in Singapore?

Noomi Rapace

I have this idea in my mind right now.

As you all know, many gays are fitness buffs.

I am also starting to motivate some of the ladies to exercise.

Do you think it might be possible for the LGBT community to organise a marathon, to attract donations for LGBT cause?

It might also allow us to befriend with more LGBT allies who are into exercise as well.

Edited by Noomi Rapace

11 hours ago, Noomi Rapace said:

I have this idea in my mind right now.

As you all know, many gays are fitness buffs.

I am also starting to motivate some of the ladies to exercise.

Do you think it might be possible for the LGBT community to organise a marathon, to attract donations for LGBT cause?

It might also allow us to befriend with more LGBT allies who are into exercise as well.

You mean, something like a Pink Dot Marathon?

Guest Befriender

The only way I can see such an endeavour getting off the starting line and succeeding at this point in time is maybe by making the race a part of Pink Dot. Call it the Pink Dot Marathon. It can take place the morning of Pink Dot as a prelude to the day's festivities. Perhaps such an addition could help present the LGBT community to the public in a good light and slowly begin to help societal attitudes start evolving for the better.

Yup Pink Dot Marathon.

It is probably the only way to have foreigners join in as runners too.

Think about the effect, when the marathon can go across the island, and everyone in Singapore can see the pink tees.

A caption can be "Stay pink for health".

Not just that, LGBT allies can join, with different running categories for the family, and kids.

And the donations can go into the box as individuals, rather than foreign company sponsorship, which is banned.

Other than that, it encourages our community to be fit and win prizes.

Positive image too for the press.

Edited by Noomi Rapace

Then it shall be Pink and White Run. Haaaa

Think about what happens if LGBT and Wear White Groups are running together.

I think the police sure approve.

You see how the HomeTeamNS works. They have police and civil defence teams compete against each other to see who wins the race.

This is called friendly match.

If they do not want to join, then it will mean they are not friendly in the eyes of the public.

Have to use a bit of taunting here.

And whoever win the match will imply that the group has been improving on fitness other than championing causes.

The numbers of participants on each side of the team can be tabulated and submit to the press.

It will also tell how many people are supporting LGBT causes vs those who are supporting Wear White causes.

Obviously, the group leader will want to ensure there are more people on their side to win over the other side, and to increase the chance of winning the race.

Even if the wear white team has more people to win, LGBT gays are known to very extremely fit. We can win even if in small numbers.

This match will be win-win situation, encouraging everyone to improve on fitness.

You will look strong, with toned muscles.

Recognizing the importance of unity will need some real life examples.

This is one, if it can be successfully carried out.

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Evolution_of_Cooperation

Edited by Noomi Rapace

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.