Male HQ

event cancelled

Sounds good - can you give us an idea of your menus or a website with pics? There are a lot of great options in that area and I'm sure we will all be excited to hear more about your food/experience. 

Also is the price difference between the 3 and 5 courses a typo or deliberate? Can you explain why? 

As a chef & a businessman, I like to inform everyone that the pop up will not be happening as the deal didn't go thru with the company that I intend to collaborate with. 

The Mod of BW, please kindly take note & please help me remove this posting.

Thanks

Firstly I do think this is a good idea...To get a food caterer..But what hapoened... no place to host? Uncle here is offering you this...

If your intention is to hone your culinary skills, then may I offer my living room and kitchen.   You may organise food tasting-sampling session (paid by participants), especially those Tapas... for a max of 6 to 8 people...

May I suggest that you cap prices around  $15 per pax..For the food and your time.  I am not collecting rent as I think you deserve a chance to showcase your enthusiasm..

As a chef & a businessman, I like to inform everyone that the pop up will not be happening as the deal didn't go thru with the company that I intend to collaborate with. 

The Mod of BW, please kindly take note & please help me remove this posting.

Thanks

huh?

I agree w zackling! a normal hdb flat may not have ALL the tools and equipment

to have proper baking/roasting, a portable one doesn't count.... I need a proper OVEN too and u need many electric source (& to ensure safety not to over tax it)
hvent even bring in HACCP

On top of it, having a good location is critical too, which is why the popup location is picked! out of so many possible venues in Sg

the only disappointment, I would prefer members NOT to advertise/hint anything before anything is concrete

so much planning has gone into it and so many Qns raised (though I knew it is equally painful for Zackling)

I was in fact dreaming of having /converting a food connoisseur venue (not at MBS and those typical area) in Chinatwn

I luv the idea of Andre of why he picked keong saik/chinatwn : u should hear him out too!!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/catch-up-tv/food-heroes/andre-chiang-restaurant-andre-7824478 (he mentioned why shd such restaurants always be located in big hotels and I agreed)

S$800 menu s nothing -

cos u don't get to frequent expensive restaurants, only once  a blue moon

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/restaurant-andre-bids-farewell-with-s-800-menu-9305398

(there are plenty of popups in retails like clothings and accessories etc in sg lately , something clothing brands even popup in Hair salon or Food establishments in case u  don't know yet, it was so encouraging to see Food-popups by Zackling)(

I was infact looking fwd to something more concrete and then I will try my best to pull some of my straight frens to that place for our year end gathering (yes, I luv xmas seasons- pls don't turn it into a HDb event pls , nothing wrong, if I wish that to happen, I will do it at my own)

The reason for popup is NOT to HONE skills, it is for future business testing, btw

This is from an older person.

TS may not like this post but reality hurts.

对不起, 这可是另一种“雷声大,雨点小”的事件。

万事起头难-没钱,没人脉,买地点, 只是空有梦想。。

我与TS有PM过。。还没具备周详的策划, 就赶紧公诸于世。。未免太草率了。

当然, 我愿意无助金借出我的谦卑的客厅与厨房。。但是TS要的是“面面俱备”的商业场所。我也只能抱歉了。

Unfortunately TS' gung-ho attitude does not auger well with me.  

It is quite impulsive of him to venture in food business as we all know, repeat customers are few and far in between.  To make matters worse, raw food perishes quickly and profits are only high when business is brisk.  I am actually glad that his intention at this moment is grinded to a halt.  

He had wrote to me about other options which sincerely, I declined because to me, it is just plain infeasible.  Having zeal is good but please, be grounded.

21 hours ago, abang said:

This is from an older person.

TS may not like this post but reality hurts.

对不起, 这可是另一种“雷声大,雨点小”的事件。

万事起头难-没钱,没人脉,买地点, 只是空有梦想。。

我与TS有PM过。。还没具备周详的策划, 就赶紧公诸于世。。未免太草率了。

当然, 我愿意无助金借出我的谦卑的客厅与厨房。。但是TS要的是“面面俱备”的商业场所。我也只能抱歉了。

Unfortunately TS' gung-ho attitude does not auger well with me.  

It is quite impulsive of him to venture in food business as we all know, repeat customers are few and far in between.  To make matters worse, raw food perishes quickly and profits are only high when business is brisk.  I am actually glad that his intention at this moment is grinded to a halt.  

He had wrote to me about other options which sincerely, I declined because to me, it is just plain infeasible.  Having zeal is good but please, be grounded.

wow, didn't know so complex, Abang

but gd that to separate a commercial item from a "home-gathering" type

NEA etc authorities have strict requirement about that

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.