Male HQ

Property Advice On Buying / Selling (Compiled)

IkuTube

8 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

The $63k you are paying must be full cash or can use cpf? $63k is for roughly how much of a condo price?

In every condo the breakdown is like this ( assuming this is the 1st property) 

1)5% of the selling price - cash

2) 20% of the selling price - cash/cpf

3) BSD - cash first den can claim from cpf 

4) if 2nd property onwards you will need to pay for ABSD - cash den claim cpf 

5) lawyer fee - cash. this vary differently from law firm (some charge 2k some might be more, for my case i paid 2.3k) 

As this is my first property, all in all my house cost $855k

1 minute ago, Guest guest said:

Quite true, for resale condo for a 1 bedder, cheapest also need at least $600k plus or more for ulu location. If want a better location, need to pay average $800k. When you already spend $700k-800k buy in this condo, i wonder how much can you sell few years down the road? Esp the age of the condo also get older.

But many people ultimately goal is to own a condo, no matter 1 bedder or bigger, and no matter which location. This is how the trend now is. For married couples, even cannot buy condo, also must at least upgrade to EC first. So for gays, cannot buy EC, so no choice can only get condo which is more ex.

U know the condo at Estuary at Yishun, beside the reservior? i was having a conversation with him, with the buyer (my customer)

The original owner purchase the place about $750k. 

5 years later, he sold it for $850k.

Makes 100k?!?! no. After the 2 times of lawyer fees, bank interests rate, etc, he said almost break even.

Waste of time indeed.

• G_M unlocked this topic
Guest Hot Swimmer

TS, go ahead to buy Woodleight Residence. Good location. Condo downstair got mall, mrt. No worry can not rent out to tua ki angmo or prc hunk whom work in paya lebar or city centre.

Purple line goto cruise at dobby ghaut singapura plaza and goto clarke quay KB sauna just a few stops away. Very convinience. After 5 yrs you will see prop appreciation to easily $2800 psf. Now covid-19 is buyer market. Many developer eager to sell off asap.

14 hours ago, Guest Condor said:

Saw ad. Woodleigh residences. 2Br. Cash 51k and monthly payment from 2.3k. 

Is it good to buy? Can rent out 1 room.

Am surprise the buying decision is going to be based on this monthly repayment of $2.3k.

How is this derived? Is it going to be fixed? And for how long?

There are so many factors that will affect your monthly installment payment going forward. You need to factor that in.

• 2 months later...
Guest guest
On 8/13/2013 at 3:46 AM, Guest Guest said:

Is Geylang property a good buy? Saw many freedoms projects there. I m not bothered w shores since I'm gay. Think that's the only con.

I was looking at freehold Geylang properties recently. Seems like the general advice is that Geylang property have good rental yield but be prepared to have obstacles if you want to sell and if your property is along the 'lower-numbered' lorongs, so you need longer holding power than properties elsewhere where some sell during TOP or few years down the road after TOP. (Due to the bank loan restrictions. While you might have got the loan, your next buyer might not be able to get it or LTV is lower.)

Seems like during the digital Pink Dot light up there were so many dots at Geylang, so probably many AJs are staying there too.

I too have been eyeing Geylang for years. The property price there have been going up steadily to about 1,500-1,600 psf. Plenty of expats love to rent there due to short distance to city centre MBS, shopping hotspot Bugis, offices Paya Lebar and plenty of foods around including brown sugar thai chicken.

Been thinking to buy one resale undervalue 2 bedders or 1 bedder for rental income or airbnb.

Guest gay-lang
54 minutes ago, Neh Neh said:

I too have been eyeing Geylang for years. The property price there have been going up steadily to about 1,500-1,600 psf. Plenty of expats love to rent there due to short distance to city centre MBS, shopping hotspot Bugis, offices Paya Lebar and plenty of foods around including brown sugar thai chicken.

Been thinking to buy one resale undervalue 2 bedders or 1 bedder for rental income or airbnb.

With your neh neh, you can also get good rental yield from airbnb (even if illegal) by posting your picture as the main cover for your listing. :P

The condos/private apartments in the lower lorongs (4-22) will eventually be enbloc'd since the area is rezoned to commercial already.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.