Male HQ
Kevin Tsoi

Worst allergy nightmare

Till now, i just realise why i always felt that my throat itch and cough whenever i drink white wine or i eat dried raisins (white ones). I just went online to check, i am allergic to grapes content! But grape is one of my fav fruits! Darmn!

7 hours ago, Kevin Tsoi said:

Till now, i just realise why i always felt that my throat itch and cough whenever i drink white wine or i eat dried raisins (white ones). I just went online to check, i am allergic to grapes content! But grape is one of my fav fruits! Darmn!

You went for an actual test to determine the allergy?

@xydboy nah, its just co-incidentally weird that i feel that way whenever i consume something that contains contents of white grapes. So i went online to see, it shows the same symptoms for the same allergy.

28 minutes ago, Kevin Tsoi said:

@xydboy nah, its just co-incidentally weird that i feel that way whenever i consume something that contains contents of white grapes. So i went online to see, it shows the same symptoms for the same allergy.

Might want to get it checked by an allergist. It could also be something else. I went to A&E because my air way closed up after consuming the same food that I have eaten for the past year or so.

3 minutes ago, xydboy said:

Might want to get it checked by an allergist. It could also be something else. I went to A&E because my air way closed up after consuming the same food that I have eaten for the past year or so.

Alright, i will keep that in view, thanks for the advise! 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By 72%dark
      When I saw pictures of Gerald Koh’s transformation (https://dearstraightpeople.com/2017/01/10/fitspiration-of-the-week-gerald-koh-from-singapore/) I was really in awe. But also very mystified.

How did he manage to get so lean without (a) having stubborn residual fats in problem areas, and (b) looking gaunt?

Note, I’m not asking how he lost weight — how that can be achieved is pretty well understood — but how he managed to do so without what I had always thought were pretty standard side effects.

To explain what I mean, let me contrast with my own personal experience. As someone who was obese as a kid, I’ve managed to shed most of my fats. Most, but not all. I still have a stubborn layer of fat in my belly. Which means that my abs are visible when my torso is straightened, but the fat scrunches up when I’m sitting down or my torso is otherwise bent, and that obscures the ab definition and gives the classic “rolls of belly fat” appearance.

And yet, efforts to get rid of that belly fat by diet and exercise haven’t worked. My BMI is already scraping the lower end of the healthy range. It’s quite easy for me to lose weight now by diet and exercise, but inevitably what happens is that I lose the fat in other parts of my body, especially my face and limbs, making me look gaunt/skeletal and underweight, but the belly fat remains.

Judging from his pictures, Gerald Koh doesn’t seem to have that problem. It doesn’t look like he has stubborn belly fat, nor does he look emaciated. And according to what he says in the interview, he managed to achieve this by trial and error, trying out different fitness programs he found online, rather than by consulting a fitness and nutrition professional. How was this possible?? Have I been wasting all these years slogging at the gym for meager results?
    • By Samuel Lim
      Been doing 16/8 intermittent fasting for 2 months -the one practiced by Hugh Jackman (http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/muscle-foods/mh-trials-hugh-jackmans-16-8-diet)
      Helps me to keep in shape (while allows myself to indulge in favourite food and alcohol).  Anyone doing the same?
    • Guest lose_weight
      By Guest lose_weight
      Have you guys tried KETO DIET? I've heard it is damn effective and a lot of people nowadays are trying it and seeing over the internet that yes a lot of them lose weight. It is also not difficult and also fun as you eat high fat diet (like bacon and Avocado!) and yes you just need to control your carb intake. Have you guys tried it? Any experienced? There are a lot online to read about it, because i want to try it tomorrow  

-----
      A keto diet is well known for being a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. It’s referred to as many different names – ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat (LCHF), etc.
      When you eat something high in carbs, your body will produce glucose and insulin.
      Glucose is the easiest molecule for your body to convert and use as energy so that it will be chosen over any other energy source. Insulin is produced to process the glucose in your bloodstream by taking it around the body. Since the glucose is being used as a primary energy, your fats are not needed and are therefore stored. Typically on a normal, higher carbohydrate diet, the body will use glucose as the main form of energy. By lowering the intake of carbs, the body is induced into a state known as ketosis.
      Ketosis is a natural process the body initiates to help us survive when food intake is low. During this state, we produce ketones, which are produced from the breakdown of fats in the liver.
      The end goal of a properly maintained keto diet is to force your body into this metabolic state. We don’t do this through starvation of calories but starvation of carbohydrates.
          Our bodies are incredibly adaptive to what you put into it – when you overload it with fats and take away carbohydrates, it will begin to burn ketones as the primary energy source. Optimal ketone levels offer many health, weight loss, physical and mental performance benefits.

• By Toe2Heart
      Hi BWers,

My name is Alvin, come and enjoy a relaxing session with me.

Incall (kindly PM for the location) 
      Mon - Fri: 1900 ~ 2300
      (Last appt 2200 for outcall)
      Sat+Sun & PH: 0900 ~ 1700

預約表 Time-slot table

M 15/01 1800 1930 2030
      T 16/01 1800 2000
      W 17/01 1800 1930 2030
      T 18/01 1830 2030
      F 19/01 1800 1930 2100
      S 20/01 Rest Day
      S 21/01 1030 1200 1400

(1) Traditional Thai Massage (60/90/120 minutes S$68/$88/$118)
      - A full session involves a lot of stretching of the entire body, follows a standard procedure and combines elements of Ayurvedic medicine, Hatha Yoga and Chinese Acupressure. It can be for relaxation and/or intense according to your goals. When energy flows and is in balance, overall well-being is then restored.
      - Without the use of oils, wear loose clothing.

(2) Balinese Oil-based Massage (60/90/120 minutes S$68/$88/$118)
      - Deep relaxation full body massage to help you relief your muscle tension, improve blood circulation and relax your body, with the special choice of oils fit for your solution.
      -  Use only the highest quality essential oils, receiver can be in nude or underwear.

(3) Aromatherapy (60/90/120 minutes $88/$108/138)
      - Package massage performed with highly concentrated plant essential oils to promote whole-body healing
      - 5 different mixture of essential oils for choose, each has its own beneficial to the body and mind: Detox / Energize / Inspiration / Meditation / Relaxation

(4) Back Scrub (top up $12 with any massage)

(5) Full Body Scrub (top up $22 with any massage)

For further information and reservation/appointment booking:
      SMS/Whatsapp: +65 9166 5178
      Line ID: Toe2Heart
      Email: toe2heart@gmail.com

Thank you for your feedback and support.

Regards,
      Alvin

########## On-Going PROMO-10 ##########

* Student / NSF / Birthday Month enjoys $10 off the rate.
      * Pls quote "PROMO-10" when make bookings.
      * Valid for both incall and outcall appointments.
      * Document / NRIC / Student Pass is required as proof of identity.
      * Same day bookings are subject to availability.

+++++ WHATSAPP BROADCAST ++++++

Whatsapp Broadcast feature allows one to send a message to many people at once, without revealing the recipients to one another (it works like blind carbon copy aka bcc on email). Each recipient then has the option to respond individually.

If you wish to subscribe receive my service updates, as well as special promotion from me:
      1. Add my contact number to your contact list: +6591665178
      2. Send Whatsapp message to me, eg. “Subscribe broadcast <your name>”,
      3. I will then add you to the list.

To unsubscribe (at any time): Just remove me from your contact list / address book. You will no longer receive the service updates 

IMPORATNT: You must add me to the contact lists in order to receive the broadcast message. If you are not getting the broadcast message, check to make sure you have added my number to your address book.

############## End ####################
    • By Rhyn
      Depression can affect everyone- 87% of people who hate their jobs have a higher risk of being depressed.
      Scary title, yeah but I need your attention on this. Mental health is an often overlooked issue and it's time to educate and understand a little bit more on the possible causes of depression, and maybe even a cure. 

That being said, it is not an easy task to determine if someone is really depressed- not the temporary bouts of sadness, fatigue or lethargy, or the lack of serotonin, a puzzle piece of how your brain works that governs your mood. Psychiatrists thought that anti-depressants like Prozac might help- but the truth and fact is, it only works temporarily. It isn't a cure, but rather it is a temporary blockage to a more insidious problem.

Take for example, the 87% of people that have a high risk of depression from jobs that hate being in. There is a correlation between work life and personal health- physical or mental. By being in control of your work, you have less likely to have any mental health issues. 

While this example is limited to work, we can use this model to examine any kinds of relationships with some modifications.

Take, for example, family life. A conservative parent might always forbid the child to do something that isn't safe or is wrong, one way or another. The child is stifled and controlled- he or she grows up with subconscious limitations set on them that prohibits them from making proper choices, because they have developed a mental barrier that is created by. Sigmund Freud (while a bit shady, I know) posits that whatever happens in your childhood does affect your life on a whole [I would've included a source here but I do not have the text in question]. 

And that is just one of many examples.

So it comes down to this: why is this important? 

Because a lot of society might be depressed without realising they are in Singapore. Mental health is still stigmatised, or even misrepresented because of lack of education and understanding. While the DSM might state that if you exhibit 5 of the symptoms (like low mood) over a sustained period of time, you can be diagnosed as depressed- people do not know this and the access to these information is limited. It's not like an influenza or dengue fever- where symptoms are physical, apparent and easily check-marked off a list. Depression, and mental health requires us to look at ourselves, something not many people are comfortable with because of self-esteem or even because we aren't told enough to care for ourselves. 

What can we do about this?

Well, for starters

To wrap this up, all I can say is that whether you're straight or LGBTQ+, if you think you have any mental health issues, get help and get checked whenever possible. 

IMH has a list of common mental health issues, what makes them "depression" or "anxiety", and how to cope.
      https://www.imh.com.sg/wellness/page.aspx?id=554
      This list of LGBT Organisations in Singapore are specific to needs, ranging from Action from AIDS (AFA), Free Community Church, to Oogachaga. Look through them, you can find help within!
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_organisations_in_Singapore

If you don't feel comfortable with talking to anonymous people, find someone you can trust- online or offline, friends and family. Someone who has listened to you for your problems, stuck with you and will help you. Keep fighting- the very fact that you want to seek help for a normal, crippling issue is very proof that you are on the right track to recovery.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/07/is-everything-you-think-you-know-about-depression-wrong-johann-hari-lost-connections?CMP=fb_gu
  • Popular Now

counter