Male HQ

Front Load Washing Machine

zyjd

On 1/31/2018 at 12:00 AM, zyjd said:

I've been using top load washer all my life, until recently when i moved into my own place and decided to try getting a front loader so I could stack a dryer on top of it to save space.

However, it is unnerving to see almost no water in the washer's window. Yes the clothes are wet but I don't see any water or bubbles from the detergent I added. Worried that my clothes will come out unclean or with detergent residue (I have very sensitive skin), I end up manually adding water via the detergent drawer - about 10l in total until I can see the water fill up the drum to about half. I also add about 5l of water to each rinse cycle.

It is tiring and I dread doing laundry now because I have to keep holding a heavy jug of water over the detergent drawer (on the upside my left arm has become a little stronger lol) multiple times when I fill the drum up with water. I totally regret buying a front loader (the silly salesgirl kept expounding the supposed benefits of a front loader - less water, cleaner clothes etc.).

Is this normal? Sorry I know it's quite a silly question that's why I don't dare to ask any of my colleagues and friends... I am so undomesticated I swear I could burn water.

*I am using a Samsung WW70H5200EW/SP if that helps.

You are so funny, call Samsung lah

• 4 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic