Male HQ

What is your aspirational body type?

Mastiff

Whether you're a gym bunny, or on a crash diet, or just picking up running - there's a good chance that you're aiming towards an ideal body type.

I'm not talking about what kind of body turns you on. But what sort of body would you like to have one day?

This is what I'm working towards. Except for the 8 pack. The diet would be hellishly restrictive and I would live a miserable life.

I'd just settle for the shoulders, arms, chest and legs and fuck care the abs. 

20180202_115749.jpg

1 hour ago, Mastiff said:

This is what I'm working towards. Except for the 8 pack. The diet would be hellishly restrictive and I would live a miserable life.

@Mastiff haha but you already have a 6 pack don't you?

I'd like a lean body with *a bit of* muscles. The shirts get rather tight if overly muscular and I find that uncomfortable coz I perspire really easily.

Guest Yes Please
1 hour ago, Mastiff said:

Whether you're a gym bunny, or on a crash diet, or just picking up running - there's a good chance that you're aiming towards an ideal body type.

I'm not talking about what kind of body turns you on. But what sort of body would you like to have one day?

20180202_115749.jpg

TS, I’d like your body... underneath me! LOLz! :twisted:

3 hours ago, thousandred said:

I think having a healthy body is good. but if it's for show, not the hugely buff ones, but a good balance between buff and lean haha

That's why I'm asking for pictures to be uploaded. Not necesarily of yourself, but of your ideal goal one day.

Personally, I don't think I'm big at all. But I do have people who practically live in the gym tell me, "You do realise that you're huge, right?"

I think that one man's lean is another man's buff.

Just like that other thread on BW that started about "Twinks on Instagram".

90% of that thread is comments like, "This one not twink lah! This one otter. That one Hunk! Where can consider this to be Twunk one?"  

3 hours ago, zyjd said:

@Mastiff haha but you already have a 6 pack don't you?

No, I've been "dirty bulking", and keeping my caloric intake to roughly 100 more than my body needs. So I'm just under 18% BF right now.

If you want to be absolutely generous, then I have a "4 pack" at most.

I want to arrive at a body that can be maintained without too much extra effort, and doesn't impact to badly on my social life with "normal" people.

You don't want to be that asshole who can't go anywhere because you're watching your macros.

3 hours ago, zyjd said:

I'd like a lean body with *a bit of* muscles. The shirts get rather tight if overly muscular and I find that uncomfortable

I once met this really slim guy who admitted to having had Chest Implants. TBH, I really couldn't tell. They must have been the thickness of a Scholl insole, they were so flat. Naturally lean bodies are delicious.

1 minute ago, Mastiff said:

Droolz! 

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Really nice complexion with some fierce vascularity creeping up the forearm too.

But how is this a 24 month goal?

haha that's not hard to achieve, is it? 

9 minutes ago, thousandred said:

Oi! Don't be mean to @Rhyn. We don't know what his starting position is. 

Coming back to Brent Fikowski, I'm impressed. I didn't realise that cross fitters were built so solidly.

I'd always assumed that because of the high-rep workouts, he'd look more like "Brent Corrigan". Lol!

You learn something new every day!

19625070_1012610022175915_8140784671874088960_n.jpg

Edited by Mastiff

5 hours ago, Mastiff said:

20180202_115749.jpg

u r wanting chest, shoulder, arm and leg (except abs, but u oredy hv to some exent). Dats practically everything! 

surely u r not asking too much. hahaha...

50 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

Coming back to Brent Fikowski, I'm impressed. I didn't realise that cross fitters were built so solidly.

I'd always assumed that because of the high-rep workouts, he'd look more like "Brent Corrigan". Lol!

yeap thats him. almost have his stats in terms of height and body type. and he is world 2nd fittest man! 

37 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

Rhyn, if he is in the shape of his profile pic, can achieve his ideal by 3Q 2018 easily if he puts in the work. His ideal is not bulky, which means the muscle building component is not as significant. Mainly it’d be cutting body fat.

For me, ideals are:

3 hours ago, Mastiff said:

Droolz! 

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Really nice complexion with some fierce vascularity creeping up the forearm too.

But how is this a 24 month goal?

It's not exactly 24 month (: I've started about 2 years ago, I don't expect to see any substantial results in unless the regime spans about 5 years or so (give and take days where I don't wanna wake up from bed lol) 

Love his tattoos though, might get one in future if I feel adventurous (or a nipple ring)

It depends, cause I was eating more for a year. I achieved my target weight starting at 62kg and I'm now 67-68kg at the end of 2017! But the muscle mass to body fat ratio is terrible, so right now I'm lowering my carb and increasing fats and protein intake instead while changing my workout routine to more reps and higher sets (drop sets if I recall)

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Rhyn, if he is in the shape of his profile pic, can achieve his ideal by 3Q 2018 easily if he puts in the work. His ideal is not bulky, which means the muscle building component is not as significant. Mainly it’d be cutting body fat.

I'm on my way there! At 67-68kg, my muscle mass 36.9% is and fat mass is 25.1%.

1 hour ago, Guest Fatty said:

Please don't sexpose me

Nothing to expose if you're anonymous! :P

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

41 minutes ago, thousandred said:

@Rhyn if you have high body mass, maybe you should do more cardio. apart from that, try HIIT and more body weight exercises! It will help

I'm not exactly keen on cardio, maybe HIIT cause cardio also lowers muscle mass on top of body fat. But I'm not keen on losing too much body fat as I want to change some of it to muscle mass first

10 minutes ago, thousandred said:

Well thats true. but it seemed like you gain and lose muscle and fat mass easily, so just giving me two cents. good luck for your progress! :)

Not so sure about how fast I gain mass/fat and stuff but I’ll keep it in mind! 

Thank you! :D appreciate the advice!

having gym bod is great, but is it functional and healthy to pursue? 

As we prepare to enter our latter 30s, I firmly believe that strength training more than cardio will keep our testosterone levels high and our bone density strong.

4 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

As we prepare to enter our latter 30s, I firmly believe that strength training more than cardio will keep our testosterone levels high and our bone density strong.

alright i didn't know that. Try crossfit and you'll be hot af. ;)

having gym bod is great, but is it functional and healthy to pursue? 

Yes, of course, as far as LGBT is concerned.  Kind of important to achieve one..

19 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

For 50s and above, concentrate on the legs, if you want mobility into the 80s.

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest 72%dark

Short answer for me (“aspirational” meaning not there yet but maybe possible to achieve given my body type etc.):

j718o1s1e2p8h0.jpg.a941d1a6b3f83ca94415420f1a4e60b3.jpg

But actually I would also be very happy just to have:

n3qo5zYrN1s1ej0.jpg.847cd5358cae1e31c336575c4b79b4ac.jpg

Or even:

vermlntrnk.jpg.97abb79d5b56a4ed25712498be897691.jpg

My preference is for lean, not too bulky or thickset, some definition but more naturalistic (i.e. it looks like you got the body from doing lots of sports or physical labor rather than from 4-hour gym workouts 6 days a week and a diet of boiled chicken breast), and a large shoulder-to-hip ratio (i.e. a noticeable "V"). My aspirational muscle groups are the lats, delts and biceps/triceps.

For reference, what I consider 'ideal' or 'perfect' proportions and musculature –

justy.jpg.44dba8654219bb2a0fdbd982e63feacc.jpg

– but this guy looks like a physique model rather than a regular person.

1 hour ago, thousandred said:

alright i didn't know that. Try crossfit and you'll be hot af. ;)

All I know about crossfit is that it's pretty damn extreme. Like a combo of Olympic lifting plus gymnastics to a crazy rep count. Mostly done in groups under peer pressure than solo.

Anyways each decade from the age of 30 we lose 3 to 5 per cent of the muscle mass we naturally carry, which causes us to lose muscle function — a condition called sarcopenia.

But... there are studies on men in their 70s who'd been lifting weight for 15 to 20 years and their muscles looked identical to that of 20-year-old men in terms of size and strength.

Supposedly.

1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

Yes, of course, as far as LGBT is concerned.  Kind of important to achieve one.

okay that's kinda true. don't really request for a heavenly one, but good enough it's okay. 

2 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

All I know about crossfit is that it's pretty damn extreme. Like a combo of Olympic lifting plus gymnastics to a crazy rep count. Mostly done in groups under peer pressure than solo.

Anyways each decade from the age of 30 we lose 3 to 5 per cent of the muscle mass we naturally carry, which causes us to lose muscle function — a condition called sarcopenia.

But... there are studies on men in their 70s who'd been lifting weight for 15 to 20 years and their muscles looked identical to that of 20-year-old men in terms of size and strength.

Supposedly.

hahaha no peer pressure tbh. and yes it's crazy rep counts. i have intensive workouts haha

Guest 72%dark
9 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

Bros don't let Bros skip legs day! :)

True that! I do actually stick to my legs day each week, but I have to admit they're a lower priority than the upper body, so I end up spending less time and effort on them.

9 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

Oh, so you're aiming for the rear?  Lol!

haha those muscles can be admired from the front too (well, for the lats, the part above the clavicles at least).

19 hours ago, deathblade88 said:

These 2 is kinda my types :P

Of the 3 pics you uploaded, the boy in the pool is the easiest physique for the average guy to aim towards. I think alot of of Pes B guys would look like that during bmt.

Poolboy is clearly not starving himself like Sheepskin boy, whose abs are still clear despite sitting down and leaning forward. But frankly, I think he looks like that by being born an ectomorph, rather than any hard work or dieting.

While I don't aspire to those body types, they are still delicious to look at.

47 minutes ago, 72%dark said:

Short answer for me (“aspirational” meaning not there yet but maybe possible to achieve given my body type etc.):

j718o1s1e2p8h0.jpg.a941d1a6b3f83ca94415420f1a4e60b3.jpg

But actually I would also be very happy just to have:

n3qo5zYrN1s1ej0.jpg.847cd5358cae1e31c336575c4b79b4ac.jpg

Or even:

vermlntrnk.jpg.97abb79d5b56a4ed25712498be897691.jpg

My preference is for lean, not too bulky or thickset, some definition but more naturalistic (i.e. it looks like you got the body from doing lots of sports or physical labor rather than from 4-hour gym workouts 6 days a week and a diet of boiled chicken breast), and a large shoulder-to-hip ratio (i.e. a noticeable "V"). My aspirational muscle groups are the lats, delts and biceps/triceps.

For reference, what I consider 'ideal' or 'perfect' proportions and musculature –

justy.jpg.44dba8654219bb2a0fdbd982e63feacc.jpg

– but this guy looks like a physique model rather than a regular person.

Athletic fit FTW 

7 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

Whoa, @bonfire

You are lean enough as it is.

Seriously, bro. When was the last time you ever had a French fry? :)

Totally agree..go have a pie or 2..and throw in some mash as well...

Guest bonfire
2 hours ago, Mastiff said:

Whoa, @bonfire

You are lean enough as it is.

Seriously, bro. When was the last time you ever had a French fry? :)

2 hours ago, Guest Bottom said:

Totally agree..go have a pie or 2..and throw in some mash as well...

Ya... Last french fry was months ago. No habit of eating fast food... Yeah I need to eat more!

2 hours ago, bonfire said:

I aim to train my chest more and get a better lean fit body... Like this...

If you train too much on chest, it make you look bulky than lean fit.  I find guys with big chest very unproportioned.

Don't read and response to guests' post

• Guest locked this topic