Male HQ

Will you go pinkdot if you have nothing on that day?

Guest Blank

Guest Glyph

Don't know if blind or just plain stupid but yes, it clearly says I am a moderator.

Also, if I have no business with your freedom and privacy then the same could be said with everyone else's so have the balls to admit that you haven't a single right to diss a Guest poster who actually made some good sense right there. Enjoy your three days off BW.

We've digressed enough so let's get back to the topic otherwise I'll proceed to close the thread.

Guest Cha Bo
5 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Walked past hong lim park, saw that the stage is under renovation, like this pinkdot still can organize at there?

The week is still early, if you go on Friday you will see a full face stage ready for The Cha Cha on Saturday.

Guest Guest
6 minutes ago, Guest Cha Bo said:

The week is still early, if you go on Friday you will see a full face stage ready for The Cha Cha on Saturday.

Think the renovation at hong lim park has been undergoing for quite some time, the stage and surrounding can suddenly completed on 21 jul? Amazing!

Guest PC Warrior
12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Think the renovation at hong lim park has been undergoing for quite some time, the stage and surrounding can suddenly completed on 21 jul? Amazing!

Why you worried so much, just go on 21 July to find out instead of frigtetting in the comfort of your home PC.

18 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

The LGBT community is very creative. Even if the CC and practically half the park is fenced off for construction, colourful photos can still be taken with the "decor" e.g. pink-dressed construction workers against bricks and mortar. Maybe a couple more topless hunks in boots too, and we'd have a very sexy (and grubby-looking) Pink Dot this year!

- Where can get pink construction helmets?:whistle:

Guest Guest
13 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

The LGBT community is very creative. Even if the CC and practically half the park is fenced off for construction, colourful photos can still be taken with the "decor" e.g. pink-dressed construction workers against bricks and mortar. Maybe a couple more topless hunks in boots too, and we'd have a very sexy (and grubby-looking) Pink Dot this year!

- Where can get pink construction helmets?:whistle:

Cool and creative. Hopefully the on going construction work would not affect the space become smaller to cater to the large crowds on that day.

Guest Monarch Butterfly

I just sashayed in in and out of Hong Lim Park this afternoon.  I think the construction is very much done up already and we are only in the mid week.  Yay!!

Guest Blank
On 7/16/2018 at 8:42 PM, guaitai111 said:

will be supporting this event morally. sg too hot

Sounds like a sissy bottom. My females are going with us, you be ashamed. You don't even support gay event so don't expect others to show respect to gays

Guest Blank
22 hours ago, Glyph said:

Don't know if blind or just plain stupid but yes, it clearly says I am a moderator.

Also, if I have no business with your freedom and privacy then the same could be said with everyone else's so have the balls to admit that you haven't a single right to diss a Guest poster who actually made some good sense right there. Enjoy your three days off BW.

We've digressed enough so let's get back to the topic otherwise I'll proceed to close the thread.

Don't close my thread leh. Just ban him will do.Gays like him who don't support own gay event, this is the worst of own species. This is why this country never progress in LGBT, always waiting for other countries to do it, always waiting for things to happen by itself (but will never), always kpkb behind and don't show any appreciation or support. Then end of the day expecting straights to respect gays when they don't even self respect themselves.

I will support pinkdot and to make a change towards same sex marriage so that my bf and I can get married legally here and recognized by the eyes of law

Guest guestsober

Each year they have small little sovenier for everyone to bring back. Keychain etc. The thing is wearing pink can be too obvious though i think its alright. Don t know if it alright to bring my pets along as i coloured the fur pink in colour. Will i get the entry pass for the occasion. Will i  be stop for any animal association rights.

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Guest guestsober said:

Each year they have small little sovenier for everyone to bring back. Keychain etc. The thing is wearing pink can be too obvious though i think its alright. Don t know if it alright to bring my pets along as i coloured the fur pink in colour. Will i get the entry pass for the occasion. Will i  be stop for any animal association rights.

Every year pinkdot i saw many people bring their pet along.

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, Larry said:

Field report on Hong Lim Park as at 0900 hrs this morning:

1. The community centre & its stage are cordoned off (renovation work observed).

2. A huge temporary stage is constructed with its back facing Park Hotel.

3. Tents for various NGOs are ready, same location as previous years.

Comments:

1. Expecting to be crowded as about 1/4 space is not available.

2. Not too sure about toilet facilities (I went around the park two times by car).

3. Not too sure to meet fellow Blowing-winders as the usual concrete flooring stage will not be available.

4. May need to bring ground sheets if rain occur.

1/4 space not available, confirmed will be crowded, especially when there are barriers erected around the park.

Guest guestsober

i guess it would be much appreciated if there were waiters to serve some pinky dishes. Create a more classy way of celebrating since cannot dress exotic , food still something stand out more than anything else in order to feel harmony. Pink champagne anyone!

Well it true no fren  no company stand n tell the world l  am gay n take group photo of blowing candle.Not in this country just a waste of time and what many have written l agreed with them make no sense at all. The sg citizen who watching probally laugh like a crow. 

Guest guest
30 minutes ago, Roy2017 said:

Well it true no fren  no company stand n tell the world l  am gay n take group photo of blowing candle.Not in this country just a waste of time and what many have written l agreed with them make no sense at all. The sg citizen who watching probally laugh like a crow. 

Time to review the purpose of pinkdot.

4 hours ago, Guest guestsober said:

i guess it would be much appreciated if there were waiters to serve some pinky dishes. Create a more classy way of celebrating since cannot dress exotic , food still something stand out more than anything else in order to feel harmony. Pink champagne anyone!

It will be fun if everyone bring their potluck dishes.  It will become the world largest buffet and get printed on the Guinness World Records. Yay!!

Guest concern

It must have hostality in order not getting the same food every year. holding packet of curry puff on hands, shinning a torch on the other. Lesser sponsorship due to publicity reason, why not built a tentage for outdoor cooking by volenteer pinky piggy.

Guest Blank
6 hours ago, Roy2017 said:

What, you've no friend to go? Not even a single friend in your life? You really need to review yourself how to have more friends. Almost every country has gay events, so don't you think the problem lies in you deeply? 

I realized most who don't go are usually those with very few or no friends, no bf, sissies who can't handle a bit of heat or some people who are afraid to be seen there as if they're celebrities lmao. My foreigners wanted to join also cannot but these taken for granted gays are trying ways not to support our event. Gays want more equality but they themselves are not helping themselves? Clowns don't know how funny they're 

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, Guest Blank said:

What, you've no friend to go? Not even a single friend in your life? You really need to review yourself how to have more friends. Almost every country has gay events, so don't you think the problem lies in you deeply? 

I realized most who don't go are usually those with very few or no friends, no bf, sissies who can't handle a bit of heat or some people who are afraid to be seen there as if they're celebrities lmao. My foreigners wanted to join also cannot but these taken for granted gays are trying ways not to support our event. Gays want more equality but they themselves are not helping themselves? Clowns don't know how funny they're 

Even have friends, doesn't mean they would go to such event, especially if your friends are straight. Even have gay friends also doesn't mean they would want to go. Good for you if you have friends to go with you.

personally, i don't support pink dot. i question the goals of the organisation, first and foremost.

there is a lot that does not add up once you scratch beneath the surface.

but in general, it is heartwarming to see support given, especially by straight people and businesses

that is the sign of true change. not a group of gay guys partying it up for instagram-sake.

or marching down a street in bikini trunks then hooking up later.

there, i said it. priorities over pink pleasure please, people.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 9:26 PM, Guest Guest said:

Yes thats how amazing we are, perhaps more amazing would be they throw in another 20million to stage this event, afterall in everything we do, if we just focus on money, we will miss out a lot of other important things.

Guest Really?
2 hours ago, tomcat said:

personally, i don't support pink dot.

Really? Do we need to know what you guys think?  It is another day before the event started and I am no pushover by pussified keyboard warriors telling us they are not free, as if the pinkdot event will not proceed without the mama boy's presence.  If you are not at pinkdot, than go get a life or join the wear white campaign as if we and stop tell us what you think, as if we care about your existence or not?

8 minutes ago, Guest Really? said:

as if we and stop tell us what you think, as if we care about your existence or not?

for someone who claims he doesn't care, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to craft and type out a comment on my thoughts and observations. i know how little you care, but you still went to the trouble to do it. thank you again.

HAHA!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Blank
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Even have friends, doesn't mean they would go to such event, especially if your friends are straight. Even have gay friends also doesn't mean they would want to go. Good for you if you have friends to go with you.

It's sad enough to be gay, added on with no friends to go with. What are they living for? 

3 hours ago, tomcat said:

personally, i don't support pink dot. i question the goals of the organisation, first and foremost.

but in general, it is heartwarming to see support given, especially by straight people and businesses

that is the sign of true change. not a group of gay guys partying it up for instagram-sake.

You're self contradictory. Don't support gay event then you support what? A very self-centred person thinking too highly of yourself. 

If they want to march in pink bikini trunks then let them do it. I bet 99.9% of gays dare not wear these. Most of them are so so so afraid to be seen there, still expecting them to wear bikini? lmao -_-

Guest Blank
21 minutes ago, fab said:

Not surprising looking at how gays reply here of not supporting pinkdot. They looked down on themselves, so why should the straights bother with gays who have no self respect? Sucks to live here indeed where gays have zero rights and zero recognition, always seen as faggots by others 

3 hours ago, tomcat said:

What about the goals that doesn’t add up. Elucidate pls, so we can all be enlightened.

What is wrong with hooking up after a pride parade or pinkdot? People hook up all the time and everywhere.

News flash: straight people hook up too.

Babies are not delivered by a stork.

Psssst! Btw I also find pinkdot organisers sketchy and dubious, especially the bald guy with the pinoy beau and the long haired lawyer.

In real life they neither look nor act the part of pinkdot’s loving and inclusive taglines.

That’s what irks and doesn’t add up for me.

3 hours ago, Guest Blank said:

You're self contradictory. Don't support gay event then you support what? A very self-centred person thinking too highly of yourself. 

If they want to march in pink bikini trunks then let them do it. I bet 99.9% of gays dare not wear these. Most of them are so so so afraid to be seen there, still expecting them to wear bikini? lmao -_-

Well then, by this logic all gays must be also supporting gay lifestyle of partying, drinking, drugs, luxury shopping?

i suppose to you, all gays must be singular thinking hive minded clad in pink?

dont miss the forest for the trees, my friend.

just because many don't support Pink Dot, doesn't mean they don't support other causes.
just because these causes are not controversial and rah-rah-rah on social media,

doesnt mean they are not worthy.

these invisible causes are the ones that are mostly forgotten but mostly needed.
do you attend events at Action for Aids? do you volunteer to counsel depressed 

and homicidal gay individuals? do you befriend those that are outcasts, even

by the gay community. 

if you think support for your own community only consist of turning up in pink once a year

to instagram yourself enjoying, then you better start thinking about what it means to be gay

and a human being, especially in Singapore.

there are gay people suffering. gay people struggling to survive disease, divorce, retrenchment,

death of a currently unrecognised spouse, gay men who have no say in the rights of their partners,

gay partners who are married but not allowed the same marital rights, etc etc

so you think the freedom and permission to love is really that important?

all human beings are given that permission by birth, to hate or to love. 

you don't need an event to validate that, if you already have self belief.

honestly, we gays have big fish to fry, and bigger problems to solve,

instead of playing picnic in pink once a year.

sorry, but if you were a human being first, and gay person second,

you would know what issues we are really facing. 

welcome to reality 

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

14 minutes ago, Guest Blank said:

It's sad enough to be gay, added on with no friends to go with. What are they living for? 

You belong to brazilian pride. Dancing down the streets in feathers and head dress ala showgirl cabaret flapper. Musik please!

You’re right singapore can count the number of people as viva la diva as you with one hand. How many drag queens do we have?

To the lonely naysayers, 

PinkDot is just an event to raise public acceptance of the LGBTQI community.

As a gay person, you may choose to attend or not but never throw a wet towel.

We should be thankful for the organizers for sourcing finances and support from only local companies.

Remember last year,  there were more than 200 of such companies rendering services, food, water, set-up, audio-equipment.

Participants don't have to fork out admission ticket to the event - unlike Mediacrap's Father Day Out. 

Count our blessings. 

Be thankful we are still alive and not persecuted like the Russians.

God Bless You.

3 minutes ago, abang said:

To the lonely naysayers, 

PinkDot is just an event to raise public acceptance of the LGBTQI community.

As a gay person, you may choose to attend or not but never throw a wet towel.

We should be thankful for the organizers for sourcing finances and support from only local companies.

Remember last year,  there were more than 200 of such companies rendering services, food, water, set-up, audio-equipment.

Participants don't have to fork out admission ticket to the event - unlike Mediacrap's Father Day Out. 

Count our blessings. 

Be thankful we are still alive and not persecuted like the Russians.

God Bless You.

the naysayers are not a lonely bunch, but thank you for the fake news.
we are many, just that we prefer to put on focus on other things.

i never once discouraged anyone from attending, in fact, it is not all bad.

my observations are fair, with compliments that are fit.

but throwing a wet towel, and throwing a thick wool over your eyes.
big difference there, don't you think?

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

11 minutes ago, abang said:

Tomcat,

May I request for you to enlighten me and the rest of the board your current citizenship? 

This may clear the air over the way you write across forum?

Is that boyfriend of yours also a local?

Not that it matters, i am Singaporean. So is my partner of 8 years.

These issues are not shared by me but gay and lesbian couples and married spouses. 

I had a case where one half of a 20 yr relationship had to vacate their shared home because it was under his partners name, and upon his death all titles and legalities automatically reverted to blood family. The partner was estranged from his family for years, yet they had final say over the home he built and shared with his partner.

Similar case also for partner being taken off life support and/or denied medical treatment, override by family because their civil partnership is not recognised.

These are Singaporean's issues pertinent to many who are perhaps not as lucky to live a pink dot life. The fact that you had to ask means that you know so little about the issues that plague your own community, esp those that are advancing in years.

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 hour ago, Guest Blank said:

Not surprising looking at how gays reply here of not supporting pinkdot. They looked down on themselves, so why should the straights bother with gays who have no self respect? Sucks to live here indeed where gays have zero rights and zero recognition, always seen as faggots by others 

Not supporting pink dot does not equal to look down on themselves or no self respect. Unfortunately not only here but perhaps most asia / middle east / africa are like that and probably will be like that in the near foreseen future, the only way is to go west, life is peaceful there with acceptance, respect and all gay rights assured.

16 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not supporting pink dot does not equal to look down on themselves or no self respect. Unfortunately not only here but perhaps most asia / middle east / africa are like that and probably will be like that in the near foreseen future, the only way is to go west, life is peaceful there with acceptance, respect and all gay rights assured.

For instance, Canada.

There are far too many different such events to followed from other countries. Like man jiang kueh occurred in singapore, just followed the heritage of going along with kopi. To update like other countries having pancakes with latte. There are still ways to go even its just a food description as whole. Every country has their own dish to represent their pride. Since we belonged to a more conservative and lesser population island. Just find a place to munch it and have a trash bag to toss the litter. Have a good short interpretation play as an entertainment should be able to blow your brains up. Chew it, digest it, or just spit it off!

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

Not that it matters, i am Singaporean. So is my partner of 8 years.

These issues are not shared by me but gay and lesbian couples and married spouses. 

I had a case where one half of a 20 yr relationship had to vacate their shared home because it was under his partners name, and upon his death all titles and legalities automatically reverted to blood family. The partner was estranged from his family for years, yet they had final say over the home he built and shared with his partner.

Similar case also for partner being taken off life support and/or denied medical treatment, override by family because their civil partnership is not recognised.

These are Singaporean's issues pertinent to many who are perhaps not as lucky to live a pink dot life. The fact that you had to ask means that you know so little about the issues that plague your own community, esp those that are advancing in years.

Points taken. All your points are damn legit. I will give you full marks if i were your GP tutor.

But.... don’t diss hook up culture pls. It’s also human need. It’s as legit as having a SIGNIFICANT other. Otherwise, where do you think gay people find their other half? On NDP parade grounds?

Gays can never see the big picture, only the part that involves themselves. Deduct 20 marks from your paper!

9 minutes ago, Guest HAHA said:

Points taken. All your points are damn legit. I will give you full marks if i were your GP tutor.

But.... don’t diss hook up culture pls. It’s also human need. It’s as legit as having a SIGNIFICANT other. Otherwise, where do you think gay people find their other half? On NDP parade grounds?

Gays can never see the big picture, only the part that involves themselves. Deduct 20 marks from your paper!

To you it's a joke. For the ones living it, it is their lives turned upside down. Taking your comment as any indication of age, you sound young.

Let's hope things are better when you are old. But even if they are, dont discount the ones that came before you, suffered for you, whose lives become a statistic and a case study so that you can enjoy a more free life as a gay individual and the ones who fight for real causes so you can enjoy the liberties of being gay and still safe.

If not out of respect for invisible campaigners and fighters, then out of these people whose issues are "damn legit" as you put it. Hooking up is the least of your worries. 

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest 白目妖

But i must agree many pink dotters are air heads, sjw, bleeding heart liberals with their hearts at the wrong place.

These clowns think pink dot is only about overflowing PRIDE, loudness/visibility, fun and having a BOISTEROUS good time with friends. And that these are the ONLY acceptable and allowed ways to think and behave around the pink dot event.

News flash: not everyone happens to be an extrovert with a natural party boy/girl persona. Pfffffttttt!!!!.......

30 minutes ago, tomcat said:

To you it's a joke. For the ones living it, it is their lives turned upside down. Taking your comment as any indication of age, you sound young.

Let's hope things are better when you are old. But even if they are, dont discount the ones that came before you, suffered for you, whose lives become a statistic and a case study so that you can enjoy a more free life as a gay individual and the ones who fight for real causes so you can enjoy the liberties of being gay and still safe.

If not out of respect for invisible campaigners and fighters, then out of these people whose issues are "damn legit" as you put it. Hooking up is the least of your worries. 

TO be honest, pink dot has evolved to become a millennials’ event. You get disillusioned with all these basic bitches with nary an idea about realness and inclusiveness turning up in identical pink t-shirts, i understand. Where are the lofy ones that can actually pull together a PROPER pink outfit with flair and pull it off with panache? They, the early adopters, and vanguards of pop up flash mob events like pink dot in it’s infancy stages are long over and done with pink dot. They have made their point, pink dot has made it’s point, but only the former had left hong lim park. 

What we have now accumulating at hong lim annually are mostly the #pinkdotbasicbitches, and then some.

Guest Oontay Oontay
38 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Oh, hookups and bffs are what drives the millennials. They ARE THE FUTURE. You cannot not cook up a party without inviting them and expecting them to fight for your cause. They are not exactly your bros if you do not give them hoes a treat, yo.

Guest Conservative Snowflake
38 minutes ago, Guest 白目妖 said:

But i must agree many pink dotters are air heads, sjw, bleeding heart liberals with their hearts at the wrong place.

The SJWs and "bleeding heart liberals" are getting things done by pushing for change. Meanwhile, conservatives old farts often accuse anyone who doesnt blindly follow their totalitarian beliefs while remaining bitter about their lives. Who are the actual petty, sensitive snowflakes? XD

41 minutes ago, Guest 白目妖 said:

These clowns think pink dot is only about overflowing PRIDE, loudness/visibility, fun and having a BOISTEROUS good time with friends. And that these are the ONLY acceptable and allowed ways to think and behave around the pink dot event.

News flash: not everyone happens to be an extrovert with a natural party boy/girl persona. Pfffffttttt!!!!.......

Thank you for your honest insight. I have never attended, but at the very first Pink Dot,

the selling pitch was that "we must show the nation that we are proud to be gay! and that we are brave for loving who we love!""

that was my first red flag. 

my first instinct was to honestly ask myself, "what have i done as a gay singaporean, that i can be proud of, and to share with others?"
and "why do i need a one day event like this to validate how brave i am for living in my own skin all the other days of the year?"
"freedom to love? I already have it. i love my friends, family, significant other. do people really need to get permission from strangers before they can be free to love

8 minutes ago, Guest Oontay Oontay said:

Oh, hookups and bffs are what drives the millennials. They ARE THE FUTURE. You cannot not cook up a party without inviting them and expecting them to fight for your cause. They are not exactly your bros if you do not give them hoes a treat, yo.

i am sure not everyone attending will be "fresh ingredients" so what becomes of them? 

i see some comments in this thread and it puzzles me that some attend purely to be lauded and seen,

and some attend to see those they can see but cannot touch.

if this is the crux of Pink Dot, I rest my case.

in fact, can anyone even share if the event has a lasting impact beyond the day itself?

how does it benefit your life, and times where you are struggling.

that is the true test of efficacy, no?

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

• G_M changed the title to Will you go pinkdot if you have nothing on that day?
  • G_M featured and locked this topic