Male HQ

Everything in SG is so Expensive!

Guest Guest

48 minutes ago, upshot said:

We are almost in the same boat but my house I share with my parent.. its fully paid and in my name. I will die in this house I am sure heh...For the younger generation, they have to slog like we did to some extent. It is inevitable. Good things never come easy. Ever. 

I feel our youngster has not known hardship and it shows.. each batch of youngsters interns that work at the place I work.. more then half my age and work is slow, a little bit too much physical or mental work and they break down and need a rest or give up. Worry about hem is not enough if you can not often them tough love and more discipline. Only the strong will make it and if you do not try, you can not even make the passing grade. It's like learning to do the marathon. If you do not push yourself over time, you find it a struggle to do a 42 km run but do it often enough you make it look like a piece of cake that you can run backward. That is what I see... when some people say it is hard work and tiring but who are they comparing themselves with?> If they can only compare their work load with the average or worst below average buddy... you are not going make it far.

Human are resilient and if your nephews and nieces has that in them to find their wiay like we have to. We like to think the next generation should be spared the hardship we went thru but seriously without those ... we might not be laughing now and always blaming someone else for our failing. The path and responsibility is always in us to make it or lose it. And yes even with the best laid plan, things can still fuck up. What can we do? We try to help each other. We try to encourage and not just give you a helping hand or cash but we have to teach you how to earn more as well.

As the saying goes roughly in a saying.... If you come across a poor village, do you keep throwing money and food at the village to keep everyone alive or do you teach them how to fish and grow their own crop?

I worry for our future Singaporean but I feel we are doing them an injustice if we are always Mr Good guy and always overly positive and paying lip service but really not getting our hands dirty with them and not try to use tough love to show them the way. It is not an easy way but that is what makes certain they will be strong to face the good with the bad.

Is it not the duty of the Government to privide the following bases on all the complaints?

1-salary must be very vert high

2-working hours must be short.

3-taxes must be vert very low

4-no GSt

5-healthcare must be very very cheap or free

6-education must be very very cheap or free 

7-Transport must be super cheap and cannot breakdow

8-imported goods must be cheaper than the entire world

9-restaurants, cablebtv, wifi, mobile, grab must be dirt cheap...

10-hdb must be very very cheap, freehold, upgrade every few years, hdb must maintain it forever and ever

11-everyone must have a car

12-no traffic jam

13-no coe, erp

14-no army for all

15-all ministers must earn no more than $7000..work with HEART can liao

So what do you expect?

12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Is it not the duty of the Government to privide the following bases on all the complaints?

4-no GSt

10-hdb must be very very chea

4-no GSt

10-hdb must be very very cheap, freehold, upgrade every few years, hdb must maintain it forever and ever

12-no traffic jam

13-no coe, erp

14-no army for all

So what do you expect?

p, freehold, upgrade every few years, hdb must maintain it forever and ever

12-no traffic jam

13-no coe, erp

14-no army for all

So what do you expect?

No, it is the duty of the government to do the following :

1-salary for Singaporeans must be kept very very low, or else they can always open the floodgates again to let more foreigners in to do your job. 

2-working hours must be as long as possible and also at the same time, people must have as many kids as possible until the total amount of time they spent looking after their job and kids a day is more than 48 hours each day each parent

3-taxes must be kept very very low, so that they can charge you high on the CPF and you cannot say or taxes is high

4-increase GST, if not today, then in the next few years. 

5-healthcare must be made very very expensive so that Healthcare can be reserved only for the rich and famous, while other Singaporeans can die quickly and their place taken by up new citizens, 

6-education must be very very cheap or free for foreigners through scholarships while Singaporeans take loans and pay and pay. 

7-Transport must be super expensive and must breakdown frequently so that the Generals can earn more than their $2 million yearly salary and bonuses at SMRTs, and people will claim they need Generals on those jobs. 

8-imported goods must be cheaper than the entire world so that they can attract more rich people to come into Singapore

9-restaurants, cablebtv, wifi, mobile, grab must be as expensive as possible so that only the rich and elite can afford them

10-hdb must be very very expensive , leasehold, and HDB need not maintain it and the building structures can fall off the roof for all we care. 

11-everyone need not have a car since our MRT is so bloody efficient. 

12-traffic jam everyday since our time is not as precious as those in power

13-no coe, erp since we are all supposed to take public transport and cars are not meant for lowly mortals 

14-no army for all elitists eg son of ex Defense Minister

15-all ministers must earn more than $1,000,000..no need to work with Heart also can liao. 

So what do you expect?

1 hour ago, Guest Fatty said:

No, it is the duty of the government to do the following :

1-salary for Singaporeans must be kept very very low, or else they can always open the floodgates again to let more foreigners in to do your job. 

2-working hours must be as long as possible and also at the same time, people must have as many kids as possible until the total amount of time they spent looking after their job and kids a day is more than 48 hours each day each parent

3-taxes must be kept very very low, so that they can charge you high on the CPF and you cannot say or taxes is high

4-increase GST, if not today, then in the next few years. 

5-healthcare must be made very very expensive so that Healthcare can be reserved only for the rich and famous, while other Singaporeans can die quickly and their place taken by up new citizens, 

6-education must be very very cheap or free for foreigners through scholarships while Singaporeans take loans and pay and pay. 

7-Transport must be super expensive and must breakdown frequently so that the Generals can earn more than their $2 million yearly salary and bonuses at SMRTs, and people will claim they need Generals on those jobs. 

8-imported goods must be cheaper than the entire world so that they can attract more rich people to come into Singapore

9-restaurants, cablebtv, wifi, mobile, grab must be as expensive as possible so that only the rich and elite can afford them

10-hdb must be very very expensive , leasehold, and HDB need not maintain it and the building structures can fall off the roof for all we care. 

11-everyone need not have a car since our MRT is so bloody efficient. 

12-traffic jam everyday since our time is not as precious as those in power

13-no coe, erp since we are all supposed to take public transport and cars are not meant for lowly mortals 

14-no army for all elitists eg son of ex Defense Minister

15-all ministers must earn more than $1,000,000..no need to work with Heart also can liao. 

So what do you expect?

You can continue to vote for your beloved PAP!! We the vast majority will reject your choice! 

In order to curb rising costs in other countries, government there can step in to do this much...

http://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/national/rm320-iced-milo-lands-restaurateur-rm30000-fine/ar-BBMZB6G?ocid=ientp

New Straits Times

RM3.20 iced milo lands restaurateur RM30,000 fine

MOHD NAZLLIE ZAINUL

A restaurateur was fined RM30,000 or six months’ jail by the Sessions Court here for selling iced milo at an unreasonable price.

© Provided by Media Prima A restaurateur was fined RM30,000 or six months’ jail by the Sessions Court here for selling iced milo at an unreasonable price.

KOTA KINABALU: A restaurateur was fined RM30,000 or six months’ jail by the Sessions Court here for selling iced milo at an unreasonable price.

Shihan Mohd Salim, 28, who owns Anak Mami The Restaurant 3 here, was charged under Section 21(5) Price Control and Anti-Profiteering Act 2011 for failure to provide full details and receipts between Jan 2015 and March 2016 for beverages as required under Section 21(2) of the Act.

He also failed to show invoices for the chocolate and malt powder, milk and ice besides price tag for the drink during the same period of seven working days starting May 9, 2016.

Shihan was represented by PJ Pereira during the court proceedings which began on Oct 24, 2016.

Prosecuting officers Geoffery Gumalang and Azmil Aspara represented Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs ministry.

Meanwhile, during a press conference, the ministry’s state deputy directorV. Ravichandran said the businessman had sold the beverage at RM3.20 and the consumer lodged a complaint on the excessive price on March 7, 2016.

He said the ministry hoped businessmen would take the case as a lesson not to profiteer from marking up their food prices unreasonably.

“I also would like to advise consumers to report to our ministry if there are similar cases in future,” he said.

© New Straits Times Press (M) Bid

On 9/11/2018 at 4:51 PM, Larry said:

The only difference between us is that you inherited your unit from your parents (if I understand correctly), wows, so  jealous & lucky that born with a silver spoon in your mouth, whereas I got mine through working.

Those who inherited  HDB thru their parents or husband are so lucky, they don't have to worry about not having enough CPF for retirements because their CPF is largely unmolested by HDB.  On the other hand, those who work hard to buy the HDB in early years are also quite lucky, because the price of HDB was low, but they will also have to bear with lower remaining HDB leases.    The one with hardest hit are those who bought HDB at high price during LHL Premiership, may not be able to complete their repayment and also watched their remaining lease affecting their property value if they tried to sell off.    With the ever changing policies on HDB and CPF,  I think nobody is a winner other than Temasek Holdings.

Go north....things are cheaper there...not only malaysians work in sg stay in jb, but a lot of locals here are renting out their whole flat and move to jb, there is a lot of new projects that are near to custom, 700 will only get u a hdb room here but it can get u a 2 bed room condo across the causeway...5 dollar movie even on weekends...cheaper f&b, alcohol and those who need to burn your lungs....earn sgd and spend rm....time and money if u can only choose one?

On 9/18/2018 at 7:38 PM, Larry said:

This reminds me one of my ex-colleague spoke to me on one coffee break,

"What looks so great to be a Singaporean (he was offered for a citizenship but declined), your house is floating in the sky but mine is landed,"

And truly, I worked so hard to own a car (buy & sell every three years, to certain extent the real owner was the finance company), but he owned 4 cars (mainly cheap Proton Saga) such that to rotate the car every 3 months for free entry to Singapore.

Huh...than why is your ex colleague working in singapore? 

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 12:13 PM, -Ignored- said:

so true about the floating hdb v landed one

Let's zoom in looked at how expensive sg can be , wanted to buy some performance tickets be it a dance or drama (once a year pamperment is nothing) as i dont splurge much on food or..

all friends will said they are broke (earning so much, way more than 7K) or have to spend on kids or food again

Nevermind that theatrical performance is never cheap in singapore, even though i was the one booking online , checking every detail, i still need to pay sistic the booking fee and the handling fee too
This is really expensive! dont u  think so?

SISTIC Booking Fee
-

Handling Fee

Dont need to watch all these performance show or concert here, let them all close shop.

On 9/9/2018 at 6:21 AM, Larry said:

I have no qualm on my immediate future living as long as using my saving carefully, but am very much concerned on the younger generation, this includes my niece & two nephews, how can they survive with sky rocketing on the housing price, how can they retire comfortably upon completion of the more than 25 years housing loans? 

Each generation faces obstacles.  Your parents may have worried how you would make it, and you have made it.  Sky rocketing housing prices may not be an insurmountable obstacle to make it.  Enjoy your good life that you deserve by saving carefully, and don't worry too much about the destiny of others.

5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Each generation faces obstacles.  Your parents may have worried how you would make it, and you have made it.  Sky rocketing housing prices may not be an insurmountable obstacle to make it.  Enjoy your good life that you deserve by saving carefully, and don't worry too much about the destiny of others.

Easy said from your 25 mil Florida sea view villa... if not always this nasty president would fly by with his helicopter...

Guest mmmmmmnnnnnnooooppp
14 minutes ago, Guest pay said:

Easy said from your 25 mil Florida sea view villa... if not always this nasty president would fly by with his helicopter...

yep, really give it to this caucasian shit stirrer who wanted to get people to stir things up in Singapore while he just punches keys on his keyboard.

all he wants is to mess things up but will runaway when asked to be accountable for the mess.

Don't fall into his trap.

That Nightingale is apparently his personal spokes person.

Guest mmmm finger lickin good
25 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Haven't you heard of the adage: Great minds think alike.  Petty minds call sour grapes?  :whistle:

Bird Brain Mechanical GIF - BirdBrain Mechanical GIFs  The  "  bird"   in the mouth piece is trained by Pavlov conditioning to speak for the ang moh, it thinks it is running the show, wait till it outlives its usefulness, then it is KFC fryer for you. LOL

portrait-gif-surrealiste-05.gif Bird brains also thinks alike, to ing and froing , but back to square one.

5 hours ago, Guest mmmm finger lickin good said:

Bird Brain Mechanical GIF - BirdBrain Mechanical GIFs  The  "  bird"   in the mouth piece is trained by Pavlov conditioning to speak for the ang moh, it thinks it is running the show, wait till it outlives its usefulness, then it is KFC fryer for you. LOL

portrait-gif-surrealiste-05.gif Bird brains also thinks alike, to ing and froing , but back to square one.

The smile of the man in these cute pictures of his inner works is distorted by false humor.

It is the snide smile (and the inner works) of the poor insecure damaged guys who decide to vent their frustrations posting as "Guests".

1 hour ago, Nightingale said:

Both her pictures depict Guest herself as brainless.  Isn't bird brain better than no brain?  e.g. eagles & crows are known to be highly intelligent.   :whistle:

Well... what can one expect of a Guest mmmm finger lickin good ?

If not brainless, what could be in his or her brain to come up with such a finger lickin alias?

Not a bird brain, but what birds leave behind or drop on our shiny cars...

Guest same guest
9 hours ago, Guest pay said:

8 hours ago, Guest mmmmmmnnnnnnooooppp said:

yep, really give it to this caucasian shit stirrer who wanted to get people to stir things up in Singapore while he just punches keys on his keyboard.

all he wants is to mess things up but will runaway when asked to be accountable for the mess.

Don't fall into his trap.

That Nightingale is apparently his personal spokes person.

he's ( guest mmmmmmnnnooop) the same guest as this one from the 377A thread. Same writing style and pattern:

--------------------------------------------------------

On 9/21/ 2018 at 12:22 AM, Guest dinky said:

what business it is to you if some women are " who don't mind living as slaves of their men and covered from hair to toe in some horrible black garbs, thinking that it is their god-given DUTY to do all that."It is their religious right to believe what they want to believe right, even if it irritates you , they have their rights,  to choose what they wear, see you are contradicting yourself now,

you want your freedom to do what you want, but then you want to  restrict what women who w ant to follow their hearts , wear in public for their faith.

So now you want to become a fashion  Nazi,

thank you Steve for exposing yourself as a hypocrite,

which some people already exposed yo u for what you are.

As an ang Moh , you all like to spread this system where the populace gang up and screw the government, to hell with the country , so long as Steve gets what he wants,

----------------------------------------------------------

You are the same guy who is disguising on these Guest Profiles and always attack ing other people. In particular you like to attack and insult Ang Mohs.

I m not sure what lead you to that hatred, you must have such an unlucky life that you only left in insulting others and bashing other people with your nonsense. You have no manners and you don;t know what a discussion is, nor a debate.  it is so obvious that you are the same person as your line of writing is always in the same pattern.

As a moderator I would have for long time back already blocked your IP address from posting anything here at blowing wind.

I just wonder why the Moderators of Blowing Wind tolerate the repeated insulting posts from one single guy who only posts as a gues t for all the time but under different guest names.

It should be an easy task for the Moderators to identify this IP address  and just block it from posting anything further.

Other apps can do that.
Or do the Moderators  of Blowing wind tolerate repeated and offensive people bashing???
Edited yesterday at 11:33 AM by mlyfunp

Guest super shocking
52 minutes ago, Larry said:

Super confuse, sea view villa? Not too sure on this info, and please pardon me on my ignorance. 

Next who is this nasty president? Mind to enlighten us? 

Super super confuse, who is this Caucasian?????? And why is Nightingale get involve???

Your knowledge of current politics and Presidents of certain countries doesn't seem to be very developped...

15 hours ago, Guest big nin nin said:

All of you dont waste time , get back to topic, alredi deviate from discussion.

get back to topic , pronto.

Thank you Guest,  thank you so much for wasting everyone's time pretending to be a moderator.

This was so ridiculous that I didn't mind wasting a laugh. :lol:

35 minutes ago, Larry said:

I was asking Guest pay but you responded. Unfortunately I don't get any valuable answers from you either. What I got is lots of flapping smoke, I am sorry but have to put my perception in a layman language (singlish): CATCH NO BALL.

Next pardon me to reword your statement (Don't get me wrong, I have no intention to be your English teacher) as following, in order to make it at least a little meaning full:

Your knowledge on current politics and Presidents of certain countries doesn't seem to be sufficient...

Then better catch a dick if you can't catch a ball...

underdevelopped and not sufficient is something different...

May I ask you : Florida is a part of which country?

Guest I dont know
On 9/23/2018 at 12:15 AM, Larry said:

Super super confuse, who is this Caucasian?????? And why is Nightingale get involve???

You better direct this question to Nightingale, I really don't know if his mind is controlled already.

8 hours ago, Larry said:

Any ordinary folks would assume that you know Steve5380 very well & he owns a 25 mil Florida sea view villa, but in actual fact you were referring to someone else.

Wows, such a rare demonstration on "thinking out of the box", when people talking about A, your answer could be B. 

Thank you Larry for casting some light on that obscure reply I got.

Obscure because the brain of that guest must be so empty that not even light would be found there.

Interesting vid....

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

This debate has been going on forever. Every generation will have its Les Misérables even before Hugo Victor wrote it or before it became a stage musical and movie. 

Even Jesus reminded us that we will always have poor people with us. It is the reality of life. What the government can do is to equalize the opportunity so that every person regardless of background or skin colour etc. can have a fair start. This is done through education mostly so that even the poorest of the poor, with determination, through academics can improve their lives further than their parents. Already we are seeing it in Singapore. Every generation is doing better than the next. 

The question is what about those who got left behind? What about those who couldn't catch up with the race? Should the state take care of their well-being and provide the artificial boost so that everyone is on par? Which in turn may lead to resentment from those who do well, and discourage them from being more productive since their tax money is taken away to provide for those who couldn't keep up? It is a complex question and issues that no single solution can provide. 

Love. 

Every generation doing better meaning the previous generation getting poorer...hard work no longer pay off, work smart and not work hard...maximise whatever benefits u can get from govt...people may like to deny but the truth is rich getting richer and poor getting poorer, who want to produce a film "crazy poor asians"

Guest Change yourself or them

If PAP has wished improved its people life, it would have done so many many many years ago.  Unfortunately, it didn't.  Do not expect much hope or improvement under the PAP administration for many many many more years to come.  Any sensible people with a little bit of intelligence can tell that the government is doing it their way, not our way, so that we remain living in same struggle, same stress, same unhappines from one generations to the next and forever and ever, until we see real changes  which is only possible with a change of governement. 

Guest i dont like

The word Everything is all catching term and sort of over generalise the situation.

I do not agree . 

There are pockets of low spending items . you just need to look for it.

People here are not so desperately poor that they become long term homeless vagrants. 

Try being homeless in places with winter. then you know what hardship means.

Guest Michael

SG is first class country , we all agreed to it.  Let compare across and see what you said HOLDS water 

In Asia - SG vs Tokyo Vs HK 

In Europe  - SG Vs Swiss Vs Norway Vs Amsterdam (stayed in Europe for 2 years) 

In USA - SG Vs NYC Vs LA  (stayed in NYC for 4 years) 

So now we are comparing all first world country city across the GLOBE . 

Example when you are down with common sore throat fever and flu .  If you walk in to Tan Clinic in SG how much on the average do you pay VS all those cities I mentioned above 

Example - In SG , u take a taxi from Jurong to Changi about 30 mins ride and cost you an average of $30 .  Try the same duration in Swiss or NYC 

Example - In the most affordable lunch in SG $3.50 chicken rice.  Try the most affordable dish in Europe & NYC.  In Swiss, one bowl of white rice is SGD 8. 

The list goes ON ! 

If you still is expensive , you can move to Malaysia , I am sure they are much cheaper (but are you comparing Apple to Apple class)  

Guest Be smart

Dun even bother to reply to these whiner oppies.They dun have any common sense,can even post such thread at gay forum.Your reply only entertain them and can’t save them.let them sink themselves.

Guest Unfair
24 minutes ago, Guest Michael said:

SG is first class country , we all agreed to it.  Let compare across and see what you said HOLDS water 

Example when you are down with common sore throat fever and flu .  If you walk in to Tan Clinic in SG how much on the average do you pay VS all those cities I mentioned above 

Example - In SG , u take a taxi from Jurong to Changi about 30 mins ride and cost you an average of $30 .  Try the same duration in Swiss or NYC 

Example - In the most affordable lunch in SG $3.50 chicken rice.  Try the most affordable dish in Europe & NYC.  In Swiss, one bowl of white rice is SGD 8. 

The list goes ON ! 

If you still is expensive , you can move to Malaysia , I am sure they are much cheaper (but are you comparing Apple to Apple class)  

Rice is not the main staple of Swiss people of course it will be expensive there. Its only fair if you compare a loaf of bread - how much it costs in Singapore?

Guest Unfair

If a loaf of bread is cheaper in Singapore, then Singapore is still cheaper and affordable for bread eaters than most countries you compared on the same class.

Guest Lifeless Rich Zombies

Singapore is a place one cannot MATURE SPIRITUALLY.  There is simply NO JOY.   Material & Success cannot help you reduce your STRESS.   Regardless of your status, everyone will end up in DEPRESSION in old age.   There is NO LIFE in a city. 

1 hour ago, Guest Michael said:

The list goes ON ! 

Well, since you asked, the government in Hong Kong provides all healthcare services free of charge or for a small fee. And furthermore, even though the most affordable lunch in Sg may be $3.5 compared to a bowl of white rice of $8 in Switzerland, how do the salary of Singaporeans compared to those in those living and working there?

Only the rich and elitist living here in Singapore can remember the "cheap" cost of items here in Sg but forget about our consistently low monthly income. 

1 hour ago, Guest i dont like said:

The word Everything is all catching term and sort of over generalise the situation.

I do not agree . 

There are pockets of low spending items . you just need to look for it.

People here are not so desperately poor that they become long term homeless vagrants. 

Try being homeless in places with winter. then you know what hardship means.

Of course there are pockets of low spending items everywhere and anywhere in the world. Why are we talking about the need of "looking for it" here, when we are talking about things in general. 

It is exactly because of people like you who refuses to wake up your ideas about the situation in Singapore, and you want to wait till you see people here BECOMING so desperately poor that they become long term homeless vagrants, and hardship becomes so difficult with one being homeless living in places with winter, that the ruling party got their way into the Parliament, elections after elections under the leadership of LHL. 

Well done to you. Thanks a lot. Let's hope you get what you deserve. 

1 hour ago, Guest Be smart said:

Dun even bother to reply to these whiner oppies.They dun have any common sense,can even post such thread at gay forum.Your reply only entertain them and can’t save them.let them sink themselves.

Yeah, this forum is only meant for slutty gays like you who are looking for nothing more than sex and fun. Any social matters other than sex and porn is supposed to be out of common sense boundaries here. Is that what you are saying? Sure, I am sinking myself in laughter now. :D

36 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Well, since you asked, the government in Hong Kong provides all healthcare services free of charge or for a small fee. And furthermore, even though the most affordable lunch in Sg may be $3.5 compared to a bowl of white rice of $8 in Switzerland, how do the salary of Singaporeans compared to those in those living and working there?

Only the rich and elitist living here in Singapore can remember the "cheap" cost of items here in Sg but forget about our consistently low monthly income. 

It just shows how little of the world outside of Singapore that a lot of whiners in BW who complaint about high costs in Singapore. 

Because of their station in life, they have never ventured beyond Malaysia, Indonesia , I guess.

Why do you think Hongkong government can subsidise their british style universal healthcare even though Hkgers pay very little taxes and income tax is low even for the higher income brackets. Businesses also pay lower taxes. So money for healthcare and other humanitarian social services comes from where? Heaven drops the money, secret tunnel flowing from Shenzhen ? 

No , the money to run goverment, pay civil servants, doctors , nurses and all government services comes from selling land at exorbitant prices to developers . so in the end you get free universal healthcare in hk but you pay exorbitant real estate prices for public housing and private housing that are only 1/4 to 1/3 singapore hdb and private condo in Singapore. 

imagine 3 times the singapore prices for only 1/4 of the total apartment area . No Cpf deduction system in hk.unlike singapore. Everything housing mortage on hk goes through private banks. 

people do not get evicted from Hdb under Hdb housing . the government strives harder than hk govt to make everyone a house owner in Singapore . 

Even my hongkonger relatives who lives in hk have only praises for spore govt who have foresight to build hdb and the cpf scheme to own housing. Hk no CPF deduction scheme, only starting to plan one similar to CPF for hkger. 

Money for social services provided free needs to come from somewhere.  Social funding doesnt come from trees , you know.

Guest Michael
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Salary ..... did you understand their taxation ? 

A NTUC staff in Swiss earn about SGD 4000.  Do u know how much is her income tax ? 

An office staff also earning SGD4000 a month here, how much is her income tax ? 

Go find out, so that you can be very well informed , enlighten to understand the big sentence - everything in SG is expensive . 

P/S - I lived in those countries before (repeat myself) I speaks from experience , no hear-say hor ! 

Guest Michael

Same.  My HK friends told me that they wish their govt copied most of our policies. 

Also when i was living in NYC , at time news came out that SG Govt is giving out $ to it people .  My colleagues admired me.  

Also when i shared with them my property tax and my insurance cost for a FULL coverage H&S policy by Prudential, the do'nt believe me a bit ! 

(at that time I was paying $950 basic + raider YEARLY) .  My American friend was paying USD 320 PER MONTH and coverage was worst than mine; with co-payment. 

Actually talk is cheap , experience it personally is priceless.  They should :)

2 hours ago, Guest ghyui said:

It just shows how little of the world outside of Singapore that a lot of whiners in BW who complaint about high costs in Singapore. 

Because of their station in life, they have never ventured beyond Malaysia, Indonesia , I guess.

Why do you think Hongkong government can subsidise their british style universal healthcare even though Hkgers pay very little taxes and income tax is low even for the higher income brackets. Businesses also pay lower taxes. So money for healthcare and other humanitarian social services comes from where? Heaven drops the money, secret tunnel flowing from Shenzhen ? 

No , the money to run goverment, pay civil servants, doctors , nurses and all government services comes from selling land at exorbitant prices to developers . so in the end you get free universal healthcare in hk but you pay exorbitant real estate prices for public housing and private housing that are only 1/4 to 1/3 singapore hdb and private condo in Singapore. 

imagine 3 times the singapore prices for only 1/4 of the total apartment area . No Cpf deduction system in hk.unlike singapore. Everything housing mortage on hk goes through private banks. 

people do not get evicted from Hdb under Hdb housing . the government strives harder than hk govt to make everyone a house owner in Singapore . 

Even my hongkonger relatives who lives in hk have only praises for spore govt who have foresight to build hdb and the cpf scheme to own housing. Hk no CPF deduction scheme, only starting to plan one similar to CPF for hkger. 

Money for social services provided free needs to come from somewhere.  Social funding doesnt come from trees , you know.

What makes you so sure we even still have money inside the CPF in the first place? Has anyone done a physical count of the money before? The entire CPF system is turning out to be nothing more than a fraud,with the payout being delayed later and later. We don't even know for sure if the coffers are sufficient to make the necessary payouts when necessary, after seeing how the Temasek lost money on the bank deals etc. 

And while you are so quick to say that the housing prices in HK is expensive, you didn't even realize how much housing actually cost in Singapore! So what are we getting here in Singapore? We are getting both an exorbitant housing prices AND, at the same time, still pay an arm and a leg for healthcare? At least the HongKongers got a better deal than us. 

Even if social money may not be coming from trees, does that mean we don't spend anything for social purposes? Is this a country, or is this a company? Is this our home, or is this just a working environment? 

If this is my country, my home, then I have every reason to protect it when harm comes to it; if this is just a working environment, if this is just a company, why should I be obligated to do project it if this is nothing more than just a transactional relationship. 

Let's not get into anything presumptuous such as guessing if anyone have never ventured beyond Malaysia, Indonesia. I can do the same to claim that this just shows how much bribes Singapore ruling party had dumped into their crony internet brigade to sing their praises online.

49 minutes ago, Guest Michael said:

Same.  My HK friends told me that they wish their govt copied most of our policies. 

Also when i was living in NYC , at time news came out that SG Govt is giving out $ to it people .  My colleagues admired me.  

Also when i shared with them my property tax and my insurance cost for a FULL coverage H&S policy by Prudential, the do'nt believe me a bit ! 

(at that time I was paying $950 basic + raider YEARLY) .  My American friend was paying USD 320 PER MONTH and coverage was worst than mine; with co-payment. 

Actually talk is cheap , experience it personally is priceless.  They should :)

Why should we singaporeans need insurence in the 1st place? If thr government can keep cost low, cut away all frills and keep things basic, cost of hospitalization will be much much reduced! 

We do not need things like 5 star hotels. We do not need the best. What we want are workable at low or no cost! Until now the govt do not get it!

59 minutes ago, Guest Michael said:

Salary ..... did you understand their taxation ? 

A NTUC staff in Swiss earn about SGD 4000.  Do u know how much is her income tax ? 

An office staff also earning SGD4000 a month here, how much is her income tax ? 

Go find out, so that you can be very well informed , enlighten to understand the big sentence - everything in SG is expensive . 

P/S - I lived in those countries before (repeat myself) I speaks from experience , no hear-say hor ! 

In that case, feel free to go ask the ruling party to move overseas and run those countries there. Our income taxes may appear to be low, but if you consider our CPF contributions which is nothing more than another form of masqueraded taxes that we won't be able to see for almost half a lifetime, our disposable income is miserable, at best. 

Whatever that had been done, was done by the previous LKY. The current ruling party is proving to be nothing more than a one-trick wonder, repeating the same song to the same tune and even right up to the same dance over and over again over the past decades. The only new trick they have come up with is how to manipulate the Presidential elections such thatonly Halimah can be the candidate. I think even LKY himself won't be able to come up with that himself. Lol

15 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

In that case, feel free to go ask the ruling party to move overseas and run those countries there. Our income taxes may appear to be low, but if you consider our CPF contributions which is nothing more than another form of masqueraded taxes that we won't be able to see for almost half a lifetime, our disposable income is miserable, at best. 

Whatever that had been done, was done by the previous LKY. The current ruling party is proving to be nothing more than a one-trick wonder, repeating the same song to the same tune and even right up to the same dance over and over again over the past decades. The only new trick they have come up with is how to manipulate the Presidential elections such thatonly Halimah can be the candidate. I think even LKY himself won't be able to come up with that himself. Lol

I fully agree. The current ones do not have opinions. They just follow the book. They do not think out of the box.

Singapore is a small place. It is not difficult to manage. I had given many solutions to our country's problems in previous threads..from housing, medical to transport. All these out of the bix solutions I had only takes a few minutes to solvr but what it needs are guts and courage..we do not need scholars or paid millions for ideas and solutions..

Of course things are expensive here.  In part because Singapore does NOT produce most of what we buy (or import).  Food, cars, the raw materials we need and use.  There is a cost to pay for them.  Economics 101.  But it seems that the ones who keep whining in the posts above are unable to understand it at all. 

Its not just the taxes, or CPF, or income levels.  Tax levels and average income levels are pretty close to par with other developed countries, once you factor in their pension programs (similar to our mandatory CPF), healthcare (seriously,  a separate topic in itself), education.  Yes, cars are ridiculously expensive in Singapore.  But I for one rather see car-ownership being deterred than to see congestion and pollution of inner cities like NYC, London or Paris (that is if the whiners have REALLY seen the peak hour jams in those cities at all).  

Education is cheap here, and of good enough quality.  It may change in the coming years, with a shift away from grades (and that is a good thing, IMO).  It is the excess of tuition that is skewing the reality.  And creating a crowd of book-smart but street-dumb youngsters.  That took a lot of will to effect a change, so it scores brownie points.  Even though our tertiary institutions are scrambling to churn out more morons it seems....

Healthcare.  A ticking time bomb, or a storm in a teacup?  Really high costs or a bureaucratic cock-up (a few)?  Debatable, but have you looked at and compared with similar countries, as in, similar levels of competency and accessibility vis-a-vis income levels?  Do you know that in (an oft-picked migration destination) New Zealand, the healthcare authorities are so controlled by bean-counters that they rather deny cancer patients treatment and drugs?  Do you know that the British NHS is trying to remodel themselves after the Singapore system, in a bid to catch up and provide affordable healthcare to all, esp to their seniors?  Do you know that our ASEAN neighbours are still struggling to extend basic healthcare to all, and in specialty areas, the rural population has almost nothing, or has to pay ridiculously high costs?

Public transport.  Ahh, the bugbear of all of us.  No doubt it is no as good as we'd all want it to be, thanks to the nonsense started by several bad "leaders" and "managers".  But lets compare it reasonably.  Look at New York's horrible subway.  Look at the strikes that sometimes plague Paris' metro.  Look at the reliability (or not) of London's tube system.  Look at the availability of Hong Kong's MTR, or Taipei's.  Look at Shanghai's, Frankfurt's.  And then ask yourself, how decent are we.

The poor in Singapore, like the poor elsewhere, have access to assistance schemes.  Unfortunately, the first fact is - like there counterparts elsewhere, those who take up the assistance, would like to continue getting spoonfed.  Is that right or wrong, is that what society and the nation wants?  The other ugly fact is - there are those who still fall through the cracks, and it falls on every and anyone who notices them, to help nudge them (or the self-help groups) to get the aid they can get.

So grow up, those armchair generals and keyboard warriors.  If you really believe everything is that bad, step up and DO SOMETHING.  Help bring aid to those who need it.  Bug your MP to push change in the correct areas.  Do not just bark like a stray mongrel.  

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Yah lah yah lah , we so expensive to live here and lousy govt with no creative tricks.  

I believe you are a grown up adult right, if dont like it do something lah , why keep complaining.  Your options are 

1.  Move lor.  to whichever country you think is cheaper and suit you 
2.  Join Politic lor, have a voice in the parliament lah.  Bring it up there , if successful many Sporean will thanks you

3. Whatever u can think of lor, if continue complaining here will balance you , by all means lah 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.