Male HQ

Why Must Clear Own Tray?

Guest Guest

I am deeply shocked when I visit the hawker center for nourishment and fuel forbmy body. Not only is the place dirty, floor filled with litter, table dirty and very expensive food, I am shock to discover I am forced to clear tray myself! Please note That i am not a prude but after paying a very expensive bowl of yong tau foo at $4.60, I expect basic service to enjoy my expensive food. I demanded that the cleaner clean my table with a clean cloth instead of dirty rags was met with a rude stare by the cleaner. What made me boiling with anger was when after I finish my young tau foo, i wanted dessert and instructed the cleaner to clear and wipe the table, she scolded me! I told her off in a firm voice that i as a customer if your establishment, you must automatically clear and clean the table and not to ask for it as it is important to eat in a clean place and the food and drinkbis not cheap! She simply walked away!!! I have no choice but to clear my own bowls! Where is the training to these people? I also wonder how was these cleaners selected to work in such visible establishments? I feel that in recent years, our government officials are lacking foresight and thoughts. All these will not leave good impression on foreign investors and we will loose investments. 

It is not difficult to manage such situations but I deeply wonder why was this not done. We are going downwards. If we are not careful, we will slide further down! Malaysia is on a worldwide revival upwards after Tun M took over, worldwide, malaysia is gaining great respect and sociap standing. If singapore do not buck up, we wilp end up with a more horrible standard of living! People are already laughing at us worldwide, sooner or later if this continue, we will be ignored by the international community.

Guest wrong forum

wrong forum to vent your anger.

Recommend to meet your MP in a meet the people session and write to stomp or other such websites....

Alternatively you can eat at home and your mum will gladly return the trays for you

but don't forget to change your diapers before coming to sit at the table...

Guest Ginrummy.
9 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I am deeply shocked when I visit the hawker center for nourishment and fuel forbmy body. Not only is the place dirty, floor filled with litter, table dirty and very expensive food, I am shock to discover I am forced to clear tray myself! Please note That i am not a prude but after paying a very expensive bowl of yong tau foo at $4.60, I expect basic service to enjoy my expensive food. I demanded that the cleaner clean my table with a clean cloth instead of dirty rags was met with a rude stare by the cleaner. What made me boiling with anger was when after I finish my young tau foo, i wanted dessert and instructed the cleaner to clear and wipe the table, she scolded me! I told her off in a firm voice that i as a customer if your establishment, you must automatically clear and clean the table and not to ask for it as it is important to eat in a clean place and the food and drinkbis not cheap! She simply walked away!!! I have no choice but to clear my own bowls! Where is the training to these people? I also wonder how was these cleaners selected to work in such visible establishments? I feel that in recent years, our government officials are lacking foresight and thoughts. All these will not leave good impression on foreign investors and we will loose investments. 

It is not difficult to manage such situations but I deeply wonder why was this not done. We are going downwards. If we are not careful, we will slide further down! Malaysia is on a worldwide revival upwards after Tun M took over, worldwide, malaysia is gaining great respect and sociap standing. If singapore do not buck up, we wilp end up with a more horrible standard of living! People are already laughing at us worldwide, sooner or later if this continue, we will be ignored by the international community.

There is something seriously wrong with your brain and the way you process information and how you interact with the world around you and the people who live next to you and interact with you.

you have no shred of sympathy or compassion for people around you and the way you present your arguments makes people think  you are a bloody selfish idiot chao ah kua . its all about you ,you comfort , your leisure and your money and what you can do with your money. 

We Chinese say, you think your 5 cents are bigger than the wheels of the bullock cart. which usually measures 2 feet in diameter mind you.

People will also say you have 公主病, you have ' princess syndrome'.

Whats so difficult about clearing your own tray if you are able bodied, got hands got legs.....

you clear tray yourself so that next person can enjoy his meal, so that next time person before you clear tray so that you can eat in comfort immediately too. 

Pay it forwards, my dear princess.

I think it's just basic responsibility to clear your own mess. Unless you are dining in a restaurant, then fine because you paid for the 10% service charge. And yes these aunties/uncles may sometimes sound harsh, but for all you know they maybe hurting from all the body aches working morning till night. I honestly think if you need "better services", try eating in a fine dining style restaurant. That would probably match your style

4 minutes ago, Guest Ginrummy. said:

There is something seriously wrong with your brain and the way you process information and how you interact with the world around you and the people who live next to you and interact with you.

you have no shred of sympathy or compassion for people around you and the way you present your arguments makes people think  you are a bloody selfish idiot chao ah kua . its all about you ,you comfort , your leisure and your money and what you can do with your money. 

We Chinese say, you think your 5 cents are bigger than the wheels of the bullock cart. which usually measures 2 feet in diameter mind you.

Whats so difficult about clearing your own tray if you are able bodied, got hands got legs.....

you clear tray yourself so that next person can enjoy his meal, so that next time person before you clear tray so that you can eat in comfort immediately too. 

He is "self entitled"

37 minutes ago, Guest Ginrummy. said:

I had a sleepless night worrying about this situation. I spend the night asking why this happen and how to improve. 

All of you who commented simply are blind to the more disastrous problems that lead to this situation. Thats why you lack foresight.

Or simply put it are new citizens and not true blues. I strongly urge you to open your eyes instead of the gleaming buildings of singapore. I understand you are granted new citizenship and is greatful to the government but you must also think and understand deeper problems we have which are toi many that made living unbearable.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Don't clear loh....why you nag and complain like super old aunty....

Guest Watt de fart
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Oh My Farking Gawd! You speak my mind! I'd assumed I'm the only sucker lamenting how my meatball was stoken by the idiot pigeon when I specifically asked the cleaner lady to guard my bowl of a mountain of Fishball mee, which i bought at an exorbitant price of $5, while I accidentally spent an extra minute with the dessert hawker over a missing logan on my jelly cock tail. Stupid right? I hear yiu! These cleaners ought to get proper training by SPRING before we allow them to work out there, facing our foreign investors and our loose endowments!

I telp yiu: we are going down...faster than you think! We wilp be in a deep pool of shit with all these govt officials without strategy and foreskin! We are going to loose the respect and recognize sooner than we think lor

*BURP

This is click bait BS... ignore.. i don't see why anyone need to indulge him. This is what he gets off on. Mental.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

1 hour ago, upshot said:

This is click bait BS... ignore.. i don't see why anyone need to indulge him. This is what he gets off on. Mental.

So cancerous hahhas. I was born and raised in SG and my parents always taught me to clear my food tray regardless where. I don't know what "new citizen" he is referring. 

Edited by Kkklaus

Guest ghiirleelo
5 minutes ago, Lumbakuda said:

I notice some local animals eating the food like a dog eating from the shit bin. Bones n prawn shells r everywhere on the table. What is this ?!

Spore culture? Dont come n proudly tell me that u r spoilt in spore :thumbdown:

like i said some have bitchy princess attitude but they dont realise when they eat , the style they eat like 三教九流,

and still want to 嫌老人当 cleaners.

cleaners here get paid peanuts already and they are originally low educated and 粗人背景。

want refinement somemore from cleaners. no

Guest wrong forum
1 hour ago, Kkklaus said:

So cancerous hahhas. I was born and raised in SG and my parents always taught me to clear my food tray regardless where. I don'

t know what "new citizen" he is referring. 

you must be the one too who always paid the correct fair on buses in the old times.

Later I found out the background why Singaporean kids always won the mathematics championship...

"New citizen" he meant all the cheats from the empire of the centre who can hardly speak Singlish (not to talk of basic English) leh liau but who hold forged MBAs from US  top ten universities....

Lmao the world doesn't revolve around ya mate, oh dear so do you need someone to help you wipe your ass too after you take a poopoo or change your diapers after you make a whoopsie? You call that expensive? Jesus Christ I live in sentosa and mateeee you have not seen what expensive is, hell even so, weeeee still clear our own plates, you say it will not attract foreigners whatsoever but newsflash boiii, I'm a foreigner, my friends are, pretty much everyone I know are, and weeee clear our own shit lel, and yes even though we live in sentosa but we don't act like we're self entitled

Guest big dick
6 minutes ago, Guest Fatty said:

Don't clear your trays after you eat or the cleaners will be out of job.

your analogy is like saying dont brush and floss your teeth or dentist will be out of a job.

Or dont monitor and take care of your health , otherwise doctors will be out of a job.

the reality is despite taking good care of our teeth, we still need to go for check up with dentist , twice a year.

and despite taking care of our health, we eventually still need to see a doctor towards life end.

1 hour ago, Guest Fatty said:

Don't clear your trays after you eat or the cleaners will be out of job.

Isn't that what PAP wants? Every Singaporean to be out of jobs except themselves?

1 hour ago, Guest Visitor said:

Serious question. What is the procedure for clearing in hawker centres? I know how to do it in fast food  restaurants but no idea otherwise.

These days the hawkers will have a label on each table to indicate self returning. And there should be a tray return section in a corner. Each dividing between halal and non-halal store plates and cutlery.

Guest You are not a princess

When you shit, you flush the bowl. When you eat, you clear your table, especially when it's busy so everyone can eat. Sometimes, when the service is bad in fast food joints, like when I have to wait 20 minutes when it isn't even crowded or when the staff are fucking rude for no reason, I become naughty and leave the trays behind.

7 hours ago, Guest Watt de fart said:

Oh My Farking Gawd! You speak my mind! I'd assumed I'm the only sucker lamenting how my meatball was stoken by the idiot pigeon when I specifically asked the cleaner lady to guard my bowl of a mountain of Fishball mee, which i bought at an exorbitant price of $5, while I accidentally spent an extra minute with the dessert hawker over a missing logan on my jelly cock tail. Stupid right? I hear yiu! These cleaners ought to get proper training by SPRING before we allow them to work out there, facing our foreign investors and our loose endowments!

I telp yiu: we are going down...faster than you think! We wilp be in a deep pool of shit with all these govt officials without strategy and foreskin! We are going to loose the respect and recognize sooner than we think lor

*BURP

Thank you for seeing things my way. These negative comments comes from people who are mostly non true blues, new citizens, FTs or those rich people who are out of touch form the vast majority of true blues who are facing daiky hardships and pressure because we are barely living from hand to mouth.

Some people say do not clear try as the old cleaners will be out of job. In the 1st place, why are they even working as cleaners? If these old cleaners are true blues, our government should take care of them in their golden years.

If there is a reasonable salary, I am sure many able bodied young singaporeans will take up this job. You do not needbto be a million dollar minister to come up with good ideas. I give you one in a second:

Pay a min salary of $2500.00, with 13months and bonus. 21 days medical leave and training to upgrade. With my thoughtful plan, I am sure many young true blues will apply as many many young singaporeans are in desprate need for a job. Once we get in young true blues, all the bad service will stop. 

I can only say is that the current old cleaners are cheap to hire thus fatten up the wallets of their bosses.

8 hours ago, Kkklaus said:

So cancerous hahhas. I was born and raised in SG and my parents always taught me to clear my food tray regardless where. I don't know what "new citizen" he is referring. 

If you stick around long enough, you'll learn to recognize the posting style of guests. 

This particular one tao nao pai for quite a while liao.

23 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Haha2.jpg

• 11 months later...
On 9/1/2018 at 11:46 PM, Guest Guest said:

I am deeply shocked when I visit the hawker center for nourishment and fuel forbmy body. Not only is the place dirty, floor filled with litter, table dirty and very expensive food, I am shock to discover I am forced to clear tray myself!

I am deeply shocked to learn the reason for you being deeply shocked. You were treated in an abominable way.

I was thinking to move to Singapore,  but now,  hearing that you are forced to clear your tray yourself at hawker centers,  I will move to North Korea where people are treated more kindly.

16 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I am deeply shocked to learn the reason for you being deeply shocked. You were treated in an abominable way.

I was thinking to move to Singapore,  but now,  hearing that you are forced to clear your tray yourself at hawker centers,  I will move to North Korea where people are treated more kindly.

You moving to North Korea instead...?? 

giphy.gif&ehk=WzOiFWwq3NaFJIFpc95XFQ

Guest Try and see
21 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Ignore that guy; come to Singapore.

I will clear your table for you  :D

20190903-204935.jpg

15 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Ignore that guy; come to Singapore.

I will clear your table for you  :D

20190903-204935.jpg

Thank you Guest Try and See.  Now I am seriously reconsidering.   I will see to it that you haven't tried in vein. :)

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Kopi Peng Xiu Dai

I usually clear my own tray when:

1)  I see the place is neat and tidy

2)  I see Cleaners are very Old folks

3)  When the foods are cheaper than Kopitiam foodcourt

4)  When many people are doing the same

5)  When I am in a good mood (especially after a great sex)

6)  When the cleaners are very polite

7)  When cleaners are very busy and short of manpower

😎  When the tray clearing area is just within close distance

9)   When the cleaner is a gorgeous handsome foreigner waiting at the tray clearing station

10)  When I thought it is a good Karma to do so

11)   To impress my first date :)

12)   When in front of a media camera

I usually won't clear my own tray when:

1)  The food is overpriced (especially in high end food court like:  Marina Sand area or tourist spots)

2)   Where service charge is included in the bill

3)   Cleaners are rude

4)   When my colleagues or bosses are not doing it, didn't want to act "self-righteous" in front of them

5)    When I am in bad mood - like after a quarrel or a fight with someone.

6)   When someone try to inconvenience me by standing and waiting for me to finish my food

7)    If my table is still stack with thick uncleared dishes after I finished my food

😎   If there is no clearing area for me to clear the tray

9)   If cleaners are standing around and doing nothing

10)  If,  my hands are already busy with other stuffs

11)  When the sellers are rude to me.

12) When I am busy surfing BW forum...hehehe

On 9/4/2019 at 3:30 AM, Guest Kopi Peng Xiu Dai said:

I usually clear my own tray when:

blah blah blah

I usually won't clear my own tray when:

blah blah blah

You must have a very powerful CPU in your brain to have to qualify your actions by so many conditionals.

We normal people usually have predefined ways to do things depending on our education having been good or bad.

• 6 months later...
Guest kelvin_654
On 9/6/2019 at 5:21 AM, Steve5380 said:

You must have a very powerful CPU in your brain to have to qualify your actions by so many conditionals.

We normal people usually have predefined ways to do things depending on our education having been good or bad.

That is exactly true.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.