Male HQ

Anyone goes to pubs/clubs alone?

Creevie

Guest Sport-coholic
On 12/10/2018 at 12:22 AM, repressednerd said:

Thursday is a time for me to read a book at a quieter place with a glass of whiskey. a nice drink to myself. 

Where is good for reading actually?

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

Feel free to jio me along if you are chinese slim <30 , you can drop me a message at Line: ezrateoh (27, 65 , 170 Chn)

The Main forum is for discussion and not the place for you to post your ad.

1 warning point for the ad. Do that again and your ass will be kicked hard.

Guest Sport-coholic
6 hours ago, neuwave said:

There's this café at Bukit Pasoh Road.. Forgot the name. 

Also there's The Books Cafe along Martin Road. 

4 hours ago, wilfgene said:

Reading Room, next to Grass Roots Bookshop?

Do they have whiskey?

5 hours ago, neuwave said:

Yeah that's the one! Love that ecletic corner with the bookshelf.. 

2 hours ago, repressednerd said:

The Reading Room is better for social interaction than reading. Pretty dark inside that I can't read my book.

Shall try out Books Cafe in the future!

Don't you find the former arty-farty to the level of pretentiousness?

Remind me of the Sub-Station decades ago.

Too bad the Prague Brewery seemed to be going out of business.

Anybody else neglected the historic site in between where Lim Liang Gek persuaded Tan Kay Kee to flee?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I do but not in Singapore. People here tend to be classicist and some are Racist, whether you are from 1st world, short, fat or non local etc and i always have a feeling of people will judge me when i go alone in club in Singapore like "look at that loser" kind of look. But let say i go alone in thailand or indonesia it was awesome! i end up always having friends which i never ever had that in Singapore.

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2021 at 11:44 PM, repressednerd said:

Seems like Hypertainment is also trying to do fine dining too.

Perhaps good thing about bars closing at 10.30pm now would be that you have ample time to get home!

oh that's early! I didn't know...that's a bit too early I feel

does the new closing time apply to the gay bars too?

10 hours ago, mate69 said:

oh that's early! I didn't know...that's a bit too early I feel

does the new closing time apply to the gay bars too?

Based on the FB pages of some bars they are closing at 10.30pm so most likely yes.

Hope Outbar won’t be too packed today!

Edited by repressednerd

At times I do go club and bar alone and kind of like it as when I want to hop to another venue I don't have to asked around. I do travelling holiday alone doing my gay cruise along mediterranean water which the whole passenger is gay party under the star. Don't worry something bad might happened think positives as long you never do bad thing why you worry as you know karma is bitch. So far my travelling experience went smoothly fall at the right place. Don't be afraid to go out alone at the end of the day when you seven foot under you gonna be alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Now the pubs close so early at 10.30pm, not enough time to even get high. Used to go to pub till 12 plus and head to club and exit around 3am to go to sauna.

Missing my weekends pre-covid :(

• 1 month later...

I remember years back I organised Gay Bars/Club Outing before virus. Went to backstage and tantric and also club at taboo. And years end is club bar hopping haha 

No matter what still single haha 

On 12/16/2018 at 1:45 PM, Guest Drama Leads To Being Alone said:

A black guy who I know from when I studied in America is visiting, so my boyfriend and I went to Taboo with him, but shortly after arriving we ran into my ex, so my boyfriend decided to act immature, and we ended up leaving our guest there alone. When I texted my friend to apologize this morning, he replied that he stayed for several more hours and mostly just danced by himself and wasn't going to et our drama ruin his holiday weekend, but several guys came up and asked him why he was alone. LOL. I guess the idea of being at a pub or club alone really is strange to many Singaporeans.

Sorry but you shouldn't have left your guest alone becoz thats very irresponsible lol 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.