Male HQ

HIV Positive Status of 14,200 People Leaked Online Saga (compiled)

whitedick

Guest disclosed yourself
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I think I will just let the lack of common sense from this wannabe lawyer sink in and let everyone see how seriously lacking of a brain he is. And he dare come up here to go argue with people all over the place. This just goes to show the type of people who are going all out to defend the foreign trash policies in Singapore. Hahahaha... 

Why? Are you really one of those guys who have a foreigner boyfriend to go all out to defend? And no, you do not have a Black bf with a 9" dick. You have a foreigner boyfriend with a tiny dick and you just love to strut around in your underwear/swimsuit thinking you have any assets at all, right? 

Instead of me being the one to be surrendering a lot of time here to write long and naggy passages here, you seem to be the one doing that here yourself. Lol. Are you yourself really one of those out of job losers you claimed for me to be in one of your post above?LOL. Or perhaps, you work in one of those government agencies, and you are working so hard to defend the them in order to suck up your boss for a promotion with such postings?

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

We already narrowed down his profile to the following:

30s to 40s

Foreigner (likely PRC or Malaysian educated in Singapore)

Works long hours (8.30 am to 10.45 pm)

Knows a bit about the law, possibly a wannabe lawyer, paralegal or legal secretary

OCD/controlling tendencies (wants to control what others can post)

Dictatorial and domineering

Big ego, wants to appear more urbane and intellectual than he really is

Argumentative

Whiny

Foot stomping

Childish

LOL

But I don't tamper any newspaper articles to make it look supporting my statements.

You and/or Love-handle were the one who added into the list from Straits Times the words

"leaked online by Brochez"

just to make it look that I m wrong.

But that part "leaked online by Brochez" was never in that timeline list of the Straits Times... Look here (highlighted in red colour). It was edited into the time line by you.

16 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Omg... Article said "MOH revealed that more than 14,200 people living with HIV had their confidential information, including contact details and medical information, leaked online by Brochez"! 

Let's repost again over here what this "Guest disclosed yourself" said..

16 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

from love-handle:

May 2016: MOH lodged a police report after receiving information that Farrera-Brochez possessed information (more than 14,200 people living with HIV had their confidential information, including contact details and medical information, leaked online by Brochez.) which appeared to be from the HIV Registry.

June 2016: Ler was charged for offences under the Penal Code and OSA. Farrera-Brochez was remanded in prison.

Official Timeline from Straits Times:

January 2014: Ler resigned.

May 2016: MOH lodged a police report after receiving information that Farrera-Brochez possessed information which appeared to be from the HIV Registry.

June 2016: Ler was charged for offences under the Penal Code and OSA. Farrera-Brochez was remanded in prison.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the CNA article from today:

01 Feb 2019 06:00AM

The information was suspected to be leaked by and to still be in the possession of Mikhy Farrera Brochez, an American who has been convicted here of fraud and drug offences.

SINGAPORE: Mikhy Farrera Brochez, the US citizen who is suspected to have leaked records of 14,200 people from Singapore’s HIV registry

"suspected" means not 100% clear that it was him who leaked it.

We have to wait for the investigation results first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would prefer to be a paralegal instead of having a serious paranoia like you...

Why should I defend someone like Brochez?

And what you do above with that guessing on me is labeling people and categorising them into boxes. That is exactly how prejudices build up.

E noho, tena te au o Rangitaiki hei kawe i a koe.

What is 100% clear is the lack of a brain by this Guest Diclosed Yourself. You want to wait for the "investigation results"? You go wait for it. All evidences are already pointing towards Brochez. 

As to why you are defending him, it's because you also have a foreigner bf just like Ler (or maybe you are a foreigner yourself) and you have a small-dick partner whom you love to strut around together in your underwear, while  working in some government agency where you can claim for a good promotion simply because you went online to stand aside a sister Ministry. 

all i did is to copy from channelnewsasia or media site

but i think it is NOT just w HIV registry, all major diseases are contained in sg by the database: not jus HIV

“ABSOLUTELY NO NEED” FOR REGISTRY

Dr Tan Kok Kuan, chief medical officer at the Doctor Tan And Partners Clinics Group, (they again) went as far as saying that there is ”absolutely no need” for a registry.

At the time when the HIV registry was set up in 1985, there was very little understanding of the disease and there was no effective way to treat it, Dr Tan said. His clinic performs anonymous HIV testing.

The difference now is that healthcare officials and professionals know exactly how the virus is spread and also have good effective medical treatments that allow HIV-positive people to lead a healthy life with a normal lifespan, he said.

Dr Tan and the other doctors, however, cautioned that whether or not the registry is needed or should be anonymous, notification and contact tracing are still necessary to protect individuals and public health at large.

Dr Leong said: “If we don’t know the amount of care required, the numbers can get out of hand. There could be a fire burning in the back garden and we wouldn’t know it.”

I agree w Tan: 

Dr Tan went even further to say that HIV is “easier to manage than diabetes”, which the Government has declared a war on.  

Most people living with HIV only need a single tablet a day, he said, adding that patients who are well managed have an "undetectable viral load" - meaning that there is no measurable amount of HIV virus in their blood. (but hopefully BW mbrs do not take for granted, many assumed no virus detectable means can go for 2nd round, this is highly irresponsible) 

some of u volunteers appeared here: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/health/hiv-positive-affected-by-brochez-ler-data-registry-leak-afa-aids-11180052?cid=h3_referral_inarticlelinks_24082018_cna

the sharing of such article/content is NOT to incite hatred and to create more work or more income for lawyers to fight lawsuit

Guest Caught Telling Lies

People should just ignore "Guest Disclosed Yourself" and stop giving him the arguments he wants. If you notice, he is all over Blowing Wind defending any controversial foreigners, such as Brochez and Steve5380, taking threads into all kinds of crazy directions, and causing one normal thread to be moved to the Flaming Room. Don't allow him to derail this thread any further and cause it to also be sent into the Flaming Room. Hopefully the moderators will only remove his comments and send those to his favourite place instead.

Guest disclosed yourself
8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

What is 100% clear is the lack of a brain by this Guest Diclosed Yourself. You want to wait for the "investigation results"? You go wait for it. All evidences are already pointing towards Brochez. 

As to why you are defending him, it's because you also have a foreigner bf just like Ler (or maybe you are a foreigner yourself) and you have a small-dick partner whom you love to strut around together in your underwear, while  working in some government agency where you can claim for a good promotion simply because you went online to stand aside a sister Ministry. 

6 hours ago, Guest Caught Telling Lies said:

People should just ignore "Guest Disclosed Yourself" and stop giving him the arguments he wants. If you notice, he is all over Blowing Wind defending any controversial foreigners, such as Brochez and Steve5380, taking threads into all kinds of crazy directions, and causing one normal thread to be moved to the Flaming Room. Don't allow him to derail this thread any further and cause it to also be sent into the Flaming Room. Hopefully the moderators will only remove his comments and send those to his favourite place instead.

It just seems that sometimes you simply don't understand things.

On your allegation that my intention here is to have posts moved to the Flaming Room: It is exactly the opposite, I try to keep the discussion on the topic going. 

I m not inciting "raunchy" discussions or disputes and I don't bring any discussion to an attack on the personal level.

You are the main cause that so many discussions are moved to the Flaming Room. It is not because of me.

You are attacking me on this thread for days and alleging me to be a foreigner or having a foreigner bf and place other inappropriate speculation about my private life and job. You always try to put your rants on a personal level and to paint others as "morons" or "having lack of brain" or "having bfs with small dicks".

Your speculation on me has nothing to do here at this discussion and the HIV registry leak.

Compared to you I learned to read articles from start to end and not just jump on some conclusions half way.

You can hang on with things for days just as a method to place your ranting and attempts to belittle others.

Your both above posts are nasty and malicious.

On many occasions I have stated at my posts that I am not defending Brochez, but exactly this you always claim in all your posts.

Why should I defend him? This is baseless.

At least I have the courtesy to give people the benefit of a doubt until proven guilty.

I whea koe i te ngahorotanga o te rau o te kotukutuku?

Guest disclosed yourself
7 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

all i did is to copy from channelnewsasia or media site

to love-handle:

I understand. I wrote earlier that the media might have amended the time line and taken out the last part at the date for May 2016, therefore the "leaked online by Brochez" was taken out later on.

It seems that the wording by the media got more careful. The Straits Times seems to have removed the words "leaked online by Brochez". And Channelnewsasia is talking of suspecting him to have leaked since today.

Unfortunately, the new articles from today on the topic at Straits Times are all "premium content" which I can't access.

CNA:

01 Feb 2019 06:00AM

SINGAPORE: The term “Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) registry” has been in the headlines since Monday (Jan 28), when the Ministry of Health (MOH) revealed that the personal details of 14,200 HIV-positive people stored in this database were leaked online.

The information was suspected to be leaked by and to still be in the possession of Mikhy Farrera Brochez, an American who has been convicted here of fraud and drug offences.

Whana atu poho ki roto, haere mai taiki ki waho; nohoia te whare, ko te hee tonu.

12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:
10 hours ago, Guest Caught Telling Lies said:

Yes indeed!

Guest Disclosed Yourself ... stop accusing everybody who disagrees with you of being the same poster ... I am not the Guest Guest you falsely accused me of being the same as ... so quit telling lies ... thank you.

The simple fact of the matter is the authorities are continuing to investigate the leak and there is no reason for anyone to be on Blowing Wind so vociferously defending the convicted and deported criminal Brochez.

I wonder if the disgraced doctor turned betrayer of public trust Ler is even defending the "love of his life" as strongly as you considering that he's about to go to prison for being so foolish in his misguided actions.

11 hours ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

It just seems that sometimes you simply don't understand things.

On your allegation that my intention here is to have posts moved to the Flaming Room: It is exactly the opposite, I try to keep the discussion on the topic going. 

I m not inciting "raunchy" discussions or disputes and I don't bring any discussion to an attack on the personal level.

You are the main cause that so many discussions are moved to the Flaming Room. It is not because of me.

You are attacking me on this thread for days and alleging me to be a foreigner or having a foreigner bf and place other inappropriate speculation about my private life and job. You always try to put your rants on a personal level and to paint others as "morons" or "having lack of brain" or "having bfs with small dicks".

Your speculation on me has nothing to do here at this discussion and the HIV registry leak.

Compared to you I learned to read articles from start to end and not just jump on some conclusions half way.

You can hang on with things for days just as a method to place your ranting and attempts to belittle others.

Your both above posts are nasty and malicious.

On many occasions I have stated at my posts that I am not defending Brochez, but exactly this you always claim in all your posts.

Why should I defend him? This is baseless.

At least I have the courtesy to give people the benefit of a doubt until proven guilty.

I whea koe i te ngahorotanga o te rau o te kotukutuku?

Really huh?? 

Then we are also not inciting "raunchy" discussions or disputes. We are all also not attacking you on this thread for days and putting rants on a personal level and painting others to be jobless and surrendering a lot of time here to write long and naggy passages here. Just like you, and in fact MORE than you, we also read articles from start to end and not just jump on some conclusions half way. 

We are also not attacking Brochez. It's just only ALL the evidences that is pointing to him being the one to release all the 14200 names and personal particulars of the HIV+ people on the internet, right?  Nothing is proven, right? Why should we attack him?

You are the one who can hang on with things for days just as a method to place your rantings.

KNS, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I hope the sarcasm here can seep through your thick dull skull this time and get into any grey matter inside, if there is even any left. 

Guest disclosed yourself
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Really huh?? 

Then we are also not inciting "raunchy" discussions or disputes. We are all also not attacking you on this thread for days and putting rants on a personal level and painting others to be jobless and surrendering a lot of time here to write long and naggy passages here. Just like you, and in fact MORE than you, we also read articles from start to end and not just jump on some conclusions half way. 

We are also not attacking Brochez. It's just only ALL the evidences that is pointing to him being the one to release all the 14200 names and personal particulars of the HIV+ people on the internet, right?  Nothing is proven, right? Why should we attack him?

You are the one who can hang on with things for days just as a method to place your rantings.

KNS, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I hope the sarcasm here can seep through your thick dull skull this time and get into any grey matter inside, if there is even any left. 

Dictionary for ranting

/ˈrantɪŋ/
noun
noun: ranting; plural noun: rantings
  1. 1.
    lengthy, angry, and impassioned speech.
    "the reactionary rantings of an embittered old man"
adjective
adjective: ranting
  1. 1.
    speaking at length in an angry and impassioned way.
    "ranting shock jocks"
the action of speaking, writing, or shouting in a loud, uncontrolled, or angry way, often saying confused or silly things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) And what is your earlier comment about "foreign trash"?

And your insults against me?  (e.g.: having a bf with a tiny dick)

Is that cultured and well mannered debate?

here one example of your insulting rants:

On 1/30/2019 at 11:21 AM, Guest Guest said:

I am also so sorry I pulled your panties up so high into your cunt that you so needed to respond. I am not calling you names. I am calling you out for what you are: A hypocritical moron! 

The only one permanently misbehaving and ranting, bashing others, insulting others is you.

2) Guest Caught Telling Lies

You made the error to use the same Guest name at the Flaming Room.

From the Flaming Room under thread "Is Steve5380 a loquacious attention whore?"

20 hours ago, Guest Caught Telling Lies said:

I logged into Blowing Wind just after 6:00 PM on New Year's Day while sitting in the living room with one friend where our two other friends live, waiting for them to get dressed for dinner, and saw an argument in the Flaming Room between Steve5380 and some of his "admirers" with the latest comments by him shown as being posted 2 hours ago at that time.

This means 5:00 AM on the East Coast of America and 4:00 AM in the Central Time Zone on New Year's Morning, several hours after the ball dropped, just as the other guest posted. I even said to my friend that only an internet addicted psycho would be online arguing with internet trolls from a country on the other side of the world in the first hours of a new year.

Do you still want to claim that there are other guys behind these Guest names???

Do you want the other readers to believe that there are different persons behind the Guest names you frequently use or invent?

The behaviour pattern is just too similar. The style of language is just too close.

Yes, there might have been a very few others who posted under a Guest profile. But 98.99 % behind those Guest profiles is just simply you.

Sure, you can write now that I schizophrenic and see Guest ghosts, but I m sure that the Members here know very well that there is only one regular  trolling Guest, which is you.

And it doesn't benefit you if you talk in plural using "we", as so often, because everybody knows that there is only one single person behind those ranting Guest profiles.

-------------------------------------------------

In the interest of the topic, I might give you the last word. Because, it seems hopeless discussing anything serious with you, as you like to jump on some "words" which bother you and then it turns around like a carousel on a kid's play fair . Spinning around for weeks.

But one thing is sure. I will always stamp on your foot if you crossed an acceptable line.

My recommendation goes again: Learn and practise what is civil debate culture.

You don't convince others if you call them "morons", "idiots", "brainless" or "lump of shit ", it's the opposite, people will see you as mentally deranged.

You might intend to continue on this, but please then don't allege me to derail the topic here...

Ka mate whare tahi, ka ora whare rua.

Guest disclosed yourself
Today Online, Saturday 02 February 2019

Health Ministry should have gone public earlier with HIV Registry leak: Observers

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS?

In the absence of more details from the MOH, other observers said that they could understand the ministry’s actions.

Member of Parliament Joan Pereira, who sits on the government parliamentary committee for health, said that the MOH could have “other considerations” in not going public immediately.

The priority would firstly be to take steps to stop its further propagation and to deal with the source or to contain it, and to take the appropriate legal enforcement action,” she added.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/health-ministry-should-have-gone-public-earlier-hiv-registry-leak-observers

Timeline:

May 2016: MOH was informed that Brochez possessed confidential information that appeared to be from the HIV Registry. It made a police report.

May 2018: MOH received a tip-off that Brochez still had information from the HIV Registry. Another police report was made, while the ministry started informing “a very small number” of affected people of the breach.

Jan 22, 2019: The police told MOH that the stolen information had been leaked online.

I hea koe i te tangihanga o te riroriro?

The Infectious Disease Act mandates that all individuals who test positive for HIV at any healthcare provider must be registered with the Ministry of Health within 72 hours of their diagnosis.

However, many fear the repercussions being on the register may have on their career prospects, and the reactions from their friends, colleagues, and family members if they were to find out about their HIV status.

MOH subsequently introduced the anonymous testing scheme in 1991 to encourage HIV testing, and there are a total of 10 designated anonymous test sites today.

In order to receive care and treatment for HIV in Singapore, however, individuals who previously tested positive anonymously will still have their HIV status registered with MOH by their healthcare providers.

The only option to avoid being on the HIV registry while undergoing treatment is to obtain the treatment overseas, a luxury few can afford.

this is  a problem: 

Only 23 per cent of new HIV infections were detected via voluntary testing in 2017. Yet, only an estimated 72 per cent of Singaporeans who were living with HIV knew about their status in 2015, according to Senior Minister of State for Health Dr Amy Khor who highlighted this in her opening speech at the Singapore AIDS Conference in 2018.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/hiv-data-leaks-public-attitudes-fear-prejudice-myths-debunked-11193694

10 hours ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

here one example of your insulting rants

10 hours ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:
On 1/30/2019 at 11:21 AM, Guest Guest said:

I am also so sorry I pulled your panties up so high into your cunt that you so needed to respond. I am not calling you names. I am calling you out for what you are: A hypocritical moron! 

So quick to call out on people about their "insulting rants" huh? But you were pretty quick to overlook how some foreigner can be "ranting" insultingly too.

On 1/29/2019 at 11:05 PM, doncoin said:

I apologize that I got your panties in a bunch given your vociferous response. 

This just goes to show how far this Guest Disclosed Yourself is trying to defend everything done by foreigners, even Brochez, regardless how he claims he is not. 

First of all, for all those whose identity had been leaked, hopefully it will have minimal impact to their lives. Be it job security, to scrutiny from his social surroundings (family, "friends", colleagues, relatives). 

Perhaps since this leak was from the government, it might be possible that the government may find itself boxed into a situation where they have to lead towards social acceptance of people with HIV. More often than not, government likes to steer clear of controversial social issues like 377A, etc but I do feel that they might have to lead this social change. 

As the stories continue to be leaked on their issues that they faced in their marriage or r/s and the chain of events that led to the leaks - jealousy, the failure to think abt the impact of such actions on others (a lot of innocent people are badly affected through an action of revenge)

For Ler, it is a classic case of "love" that has caused him his entire career, reputation. 

Hopefully we get to have lawyers like them:

they classified those perpetrators as A.P.P.T, relationship turned wrong and then start releasing your....

also gd for those customers who went for photoshoot but later complained “being touched” in a wrong way

Guest Disclosed Yourself ... I posted about your manipulator Steve5380 in the Flaming Room because I read the entire thread of hatred directed towards him, and recalled seeing the ridiculous flamefest on New Year's Afternoon in Singapore, which would have been the start of New Year's Morning in America ... and I did so purposefully -- not accidentally -- as there is no accident when I post.

In addition, I am not the person you quoted from January 29, as I did not visit Blowing Wind on January 29 because I was too busy working and then busy with family activities on that day. Once again, stop accusing all guests of being the same, because I am not any of the Guest Guests that have been posting. I agree with them when they have valid points, however, in my personal opinion.

Finally this thread is supposed to be about the criminal leak of what was supposed to be classified information on the HIV+ status of 14,200 people -- most likely by Brochez -- which will be proven in due time. Please stop derailing this thread by insulting other guests and making false allegations that every guest is the same person. That behaviour does nothing to keep this topic on target.

Pls provide factual updates abt this case and stop all other form of discussion

honestly how could a senior position got into a spell and shared confidential data to his lover

https://www.facebook.com/93889432933/posts/10156205575802934?sfns=mo

Guest disclosed yourself
1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

Pls provide factual updates abt this case and stop all other form of discussion

honestly how could a senior position got into a spell and shared confidential data to his lover

https://www.facebook.com/93889432933/posts/10156205575802934?sfns=mo

Love_handle:

The facebook post is not openly accessable.

Maybe you can copy over. thanks

Tane rou kakahi, aitia te ure.

1 hour ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

Love_handle:

The facebook post is not openly accessable.

Maybe you can copy over. thanks

Oh that is from cna fb

maybe u go youtube and looked for yestday parliament mtgs by Gan Kim Yong

From beginning till the end, any clown can easily identify that this person has integrity or serious character problem at the very start

i m rather surprised how a HEAD ie his ex bf fell in luv w such a guy and go in cahoot w him? At his beck and call??

Nite,

dont bother

u trust his words???

i felt he shd b hired by mediacorp

and then be an ambassador for afa (cos of this incident, today’s papers ie sT called for destimatising of hiv/aids)

49 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

So far we have heard the official report.  Now let's hear the accused.

Guest disclosed yourself

ST

Government denies allegations made by Mikhy Farrera Brochez about HIV Registry leak

Published

1 hour ago

SINGAPORE - The Government has denied allegations made by the American at the centre of the HIV Registry leak, saying they are either false or unsubstantiated.

In particular, it said it was not true that the American, Mikhy Farrera Brochez, was abused while in police custody, that he was sexually assaulted and contracted HIV while in prison, and that he was denied HIV medication while in jail. They also shot down Brochez's claim that the registry was leaked by another person.

These allegations, among others, were made by Brochez in a series of Facebook posts on Wednesday morning (Feb 13). He was deported in 2018 after serving a jail term and is now in the United States.

His posts came after a parliamentary debate on the matter on Tuesday, during which Health Minister Gan Kim Yong explained how information from the registry had fallen into Brochez's hands, the events leading to it being put online and what the authorities have done to manage this since.

A Ministry of Health statement said that Brochez continues to make "allegations which are either false or unsubstantiated with any evidence".

The ministry said the matter had been thoroughly investigated by both MOH and the police. "Brochez was convicted in court for fraud and various drug offences. Should new evidence emerge, we will investigate accordingly."

A joint statement from the Singapore Police Force and Singapore Prison Services set out responses to some of Brochez's allegations.

On the allegation that the HIV Registry was leaked by one Zachary Levine, the statement said that police investigated Levine in 2016 following similar allegations by Brochez.

"Police investigation, which included an interview and examination of Levine's electronic devices seized from his residence, did not reveal any evidence to suggest that Zachary was either in possession of any MOH-related files, or had shared any HIV Registry data," the statement said.

It added that prior to 2016, Brochez had claimed in correspondences with MOH that his partner Ler Teck Siang and Levine had shared screenshots of Brochez's own record in the HIV Registry "but Brochez was never able to produce verifiable evidence to support this claim".

Brochez also claimed he had been abused while in police custody.

The statement said this had been investigated by the police's Internal Affairs Office and found to be untrue.

Turning to Brochez's claim that he had been sexually assaulted and had contracted HIV while in prison, the statement said this had been investigated by the Criminal Investigation Department and found to be untrue.

"On the contrary, during Brochez's imprisonment, he committed a litany of institutional offences, including assaulting a fellow inmate."

It added that it is a matter of record that the American had contracted HIV years before he went to jail here in 2016.

The statement also said it was untrue that Brochez was denied HIV medication to manage his condition while in jail.

The authorities said that when he was admitted into prison in June 2016, he declared he had been HIV-positive since 2008.

"He however refused to submit himself for the necessary blood tests for the purposes of ascertaining his medical condition and of treatment," the statement said.

Given his refusal, the Prisons department eventually checked with MOH and subsequently provided him with the necessary medication.

The Attorney-General's Chamber did not interfere with his medical treatment as Brochez alleged, "and in fact, AGC has no authority to do so".

The statement said Brochez had been tried and found guilty by the Singapore Courts and accorded due legal process.

"He has now made baseless allegations about the investigations as well as against the Police and Prisons. His actions have shown him to be a pathological liar. Nevertheless, we welcome him to come back to Singapore to assist with Police investigations."

He patu te ua ki runga, he ngutu wāhine ki raro.

19 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

I am not sure.  I am not jumping into any wagon.  Whether his words can be trusted or not, I leave it to you.  When Goh Chok Tong declared at his meeting with the common folks, a reporter quoted him as saying that the very high salaries that the govt ministers are being paid are not enough.  The next day I saw the Straits Times changed his tune.   During the Parliament, certain PAP members demanded that opposition MP Sylvia Lim apologised for suggesting that the govt had been "floating balloons" on the GST hike to test public reactions.  They denied having done so, but subsequently NTUC confirmed that a survey on the hike was conducted prior to Budget 2018.  (They are yet to apologise to her)  This together with various contradictory rumours that Aloysius Pang died outside the tank, then changed to died inside the tank etc. make me take a larger pinch of salt for official news now.

I agree that the cabinet has gone mad demanding sylvia to Apolog
they r mad 
and i watch nearly every of their drama
I cannot forget this 

It is really a brotherhd of PAP MPs against a poor woman!!

i cannt speculate abt Aloysius as i believe safety is always in place and Aloy is not SToopid to detect danger

Ivy 's sharing is apt
she ans many of the points u hve raised incidentally

Guest disclosed yourself

But the government did not add any evidence as well to support what they claim!

At least they could have published the letter where they claim that he had written this:

It added that prior to 2016, Brochez had claimed in correspondences with MOH that his partner Ler Teck Siang and Levine had shared screenshots of Brochez's own record in the HIV Registry "but Brochez was never able to produce verifiable evidence to support this claim".

If it is correspondence from him to MOH, why don't you release it to the public?

What I noted is that the name of the relevant Minister is not mentioned with one word only that the post of Brochez followed after his speech in Parliament.

For those who ask: According to his own CV, this was Minister was already Minister of Health in 2011.

I rather find the following sentence bizarre: (from CNA):

"Brochez had been tried and found guilty by the Singapore Courts," both agencies said. "

Why do they need to stress on this?

Ko taku reo taku ohooho, ko taku reo taku mapihi mauria.

Guest disclosed yourself
1 hour ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

At least they could have published the letter where they claim that he had written this:

Ko taku reo taku ohooho, ko taku reo taku mapihi mauria.

Actually, I totally don't understand this part?

Why would Brochez be in the HIV registry in the first place?

Too many open questions.

Was he in the registry because he was earlier recorded as positive due to an Work Pass application under his American Passport (instead of the one he used as Bahamian citizen?).

Had Ler tampered the registry during a dispute?

What sense does it make that Brochez has been claiming that his entry  in the registy was shared by Ler and Levine?

What about the original dates of EP approval...

This is all so dubious?

At least it doesn't make sense....

From the initial reporting

Doctor on trial for helping HIV-positive boyfriend deceive MOM

CNA

25 Sep 2017 08:06PM

He allegedly did this twice, first in March 2008 and again in November 2013 when Brochez’ employment pass was up for renewal. The application was subsequently granted.

Ler, who was previously head of the National Public Health Unit (NPHU) at the Ministry of Health, faces another two counts of lying to public servants as well as the two counts of cheating MOM into giving Brochez an employment pass.

In December 2013, Ler allegedly lied to a Ministry of Health official from the surveillance and enforcement branch by denying that Brochez was at his clinic at Twin City Medical Centre the month before.

As a result, the official dropped an investigation into the blood test.

He manu ka motu i te mahanga e kore e taea te whai.

Guest disclosed yourself

Brochez is out with more allegations on his facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/mikhy.farrerabrochez

just for those who want to follow.

But I would appreciate if he may come out with evidence.

Regarding the deletion of Brochez earlier facebook post, I m not sure whether it was the Singapore government behind the request to delete but maybe that

lawyer Levine who requested the post to be deleted...

We will follow on.

He tao rakau e karohia atu ka hemo; te tao kii, werohia mai, tu tonu.

dont bother to paste any brochez 's dramatic fb sharing here (fb will remove all his postings)

if u r speaking the truth, u come straight into sg and share it 
(u dont go into hidings and drop hints every now and then, we r not watching a drama serial)
1 shdnt be dropping and sharing in bits and pcs

already declared a pathological liar and already caused damage to A singapore doctors career, assuming doctors are one of the smartest people in sg, 

what chance do normal ppl hv for encountering a pathological liar.

All he cares about is his own skin, 

he has sacrificed that sg Dr. already , its every liar fif himself.

Guest disclosed yourself
39 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

dont bother to paste any brochez 's dramatic fb sharing here (fb will remove all his postings)

if u r speaking the truth, u come straight into sg and share it 
(u dont go into hidings and drop hints every now and then, we r not watching a drama serial)
1 shdnt be dropping and sharing in bits and pcs

Sorry, but that is a bit too shortsighted...

Brochez doesn't need to come to Singapore. But if he really holds some evidence, he should publish it.

Usually, the Singapore Government would sue people for defamation, even overseas.

But then you need to give evidence to the public.

Facebook will only remove a post if there is any complaint or report to Facebook but not from themselves. Means no complaint no removal.

So who would be behind the requests for removal?

Response: Any of the persons named in his posts.

But all in all I think the Government is doing an too easy job as just to paint him only as a "pathological liar".

And making the people here believe that the US would extradite him to Singapore... don't think this is a smart move.

And let's be honest: The person who is charge for the security lapse is still holding the same position.

The fact that "outsiders" were able to exploit that lapse, shows to us that the handling was extremely negligent.

Is anybody talking about this?

Has any local newspaper taken this up????

He wha tawhara ki uta, he kiko tamure ki tai.

Guest disclosed yourself

Mikhy Brochez disclosed list of HIV-positive people in new leak, prison service makes police report

17 Feb 2019 07:40PM

SINGAPORE: Mikhy Brochez, the American at the centre of a recent HIV data leak, had illegally disclosed the information of 13 HIV-positive people who were scheduled for a medical check-up in Changi prison, said the Singapore Prison Service (SPS) on Sunday (Feb 17).

The information was emailed to some government authorities and media organisations on Saturday.

The email contained photographs of a piece of paper which had a list of NRIC/FIN numbers of those 13 people, said SPS. They included Brochez himself, as well as people who were scheduled for a medical check-up on Mar 28, 2018 in Changi Prison Complex.

“Brochez appears to have secured unauthorised possession of a copy of the list prepared for 28 March 2018 by Parkway Shenton, who is SPS’ appointed medical service provider,” SPS said.

"SPS is in the process of reaching out to the individuals on the list to inform them that their information has been disclosed illegally by Brochez. We have worked with MOH (Ministry of Health) to provide additional support to those who require it."

He kokonga ngakau, e kore e kitea.

Guest disclosed yourself

But this confirms what he stated in one of his facebook posts.

How did he get this list?

And why does he have it?????

The list is something different from the Hiv registry leak.

He kuku ki te kainga.

Guest disclosed yourself

Today

Brochez discloses list of HIV-positive inmates in email; police report lodged.

The prison service said that Mikhy Brochez’s email contained photographs of a piece of paper listing identification numbers of 13 inmates — including himself — who were scheduled for a medical check-up on March 28 last year in Changi Prison Complex.

Published17 February, 2019

SINGAPORE — The Singapore Prison Service has lodged a police report against American fraudster Mikhy Farrera Brochez, who it said had emailed a list of 13 HIV-positive inmates to some government authorities and media organisations.

The prison service said in a statement on Sunday (Feb 17) that Brochez’s email, which was sent on Saturday, contained photographs of a piece of paper listing identification numbers of 13 inmates — including himself — who were scheduled for a medical check-up on March 28 last year in Changi Prison Complex.

The Ministry of Health (MOH) said last month that Brochez had leaked the confidential records of 14,200 HIV-positive individuals, along with 2,400 of their contacts, with information spanning almost three decades from 1985 up to January 2013.

Brochez was released from prison in April last year after serving a 28-month sentence for various fraud and drugs-related offences, as well as lying about his HIV status to gain an employment pass in Singapore. He was then deported, and is now believed to be in the United States.

Brochez “appears to have secured unauthorised possession of a copy of the list prepared for 28 March 2018 by Parkway Shenton, who is SPS’ appointed medical service provider”, said the prison service.

It is now reaching out to the individuals on the list to tell them their information has been illegally disclosed by Brochez.

“We have worked with MOH to provide additional support to those who require it. SPS has lodged a police report and investigations are ongoing,” the prison service added.

In response to TODAY's queries, Parkway Shenton's chief executive officer Edmund Kwok said: "We are aware of the incident. We are assisting fully with the authorities and unable to comment further as investigations are ongoing."

Earlier this week, Facebook removed at least two of Brochez’s accounts for violating its privacy and bullying policies. In several posts on those accounts, Brochez posted a string of allegations against authorities and the prison doctor who treated him.

In one of the posts, Brochez alleged that it was infectious disease specialist Dr Leong Hoe Nam who gave him a list of HIV-positive inmates while treating him in prison. Dr Leong then said he was shocked to learn of his allegation, and that he never had a copy of the HIV registry.  

Other claims by Brochez included that he was sexually assaulted in prison, which resulted in him contracting HIV, and that he was denied medication for the virus. The authorities then refuted his allegations.

Waikato taniwha rau.

Guest disclosed yourself

TODAY

HIV data leak: Brochez’s Facebook accounts removed for violating privacy, bullying policies

Published14 February, 2019

SINGAPORE — American fraudster Mikhy K Farrera Brochez’s Facebook accounts have been taken down, along with several posts containing allegations against Singapore authorities and the prison doctor who treated him.

TODAY understands that Facebook removed Brochez’s two accounts — one under “Mikhy Brochez” and another under “Michael Brochez” — because of the severity of policy violations he had committed, and the potential for offline harm through the sharing of personal medical records. The removal was not due to a government request.

Responding to TODAY’s queries, a Facebook spokesman said on Thursday (Feb 14): “We want everyone using Facebook to feel safe. That’s why we have Community Standards which outline what stays up and what comes down. Under these policies, we remove content or accounts that share medical information on others, and any content that poses a credible threat of harm to others.”

The spokesperson added that the consequences of breaching its community standards vary, depending on the severity of the breach.

The Ministry of Health (MOH) said last month that Brochez had leaked the confidential records of 14,200 individuals with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), along with 2,400 of their contacts, with information spanning almost three decades from 1985 up to January 2013.

Brochez had posted a string of Facebook posts on Wednesday morning (Feb 13), including claiming that he was sexually assaulted in prison, which resulted in him contracting HIV, and that he was denied medication for the virus.

The authorities refuted his allegations.

It is understood that Brochez’s accounts had violated Facebook’s privacy policy by sharing medical information on others, as well as the social media network’s bullying policy, which does not allow claims of sexual activity with named private individuals.

Brochez said that one of his posts on the “Mikhy Brochez” account was removed on Wednesday for breaching Facebook’s community standards, a few hours after he posted it.

He then re-posted it on another Facebook account by the name “Michael Brochez”, before that was also taken down.

Shortly after, his original post reappeared on his first account. Both accounts were then removed on Thursday.

He toa taua, he toa pahekeheke.

Guest disclosed yourself

TODAY

HIV data leak: Brochez’s Facebook accounts removed for violating privacy, bullying policies

The removal was not due to a government request.

LOL

On 2/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, Nightingale said:

So far we have heard the official report.  Now let's hear the accused.

The accuser inclds his mum

for trespassing 

plus, full of lies:

Investigators say Brochez also forged his degrees including a doctorate from the University of Paris to a US teaching certification.  In 2010 he had told a local newspaper that his mother was a renowned professor of child and adolescent psychology in the UK.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mikhy-brochez-appears-in-us-court-on-trespassing-charges-11256808

Edited by lovehandle

Guest disclosed yourself
3 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

The accuser inclds his mum

for trespassing 

plus, full of lies:

Investigators say Brochez also forged his degrees including a doctorate from the University of Paris to a US teaching certification.  In 2010 he had told a local newspaper that his mother was a renowned professor of child and adolescent psychology in the UK.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mikhy-brochez-appears-in-us-court-on-trespassing-charges-11256808

Just to stay on the facts.

Yes, he has this case of trespass. We don't know the history of him and his mother. She might be extremely religious and hate gays. We don't know whether Brochez had a "coming out" or not. She might reject his son now. She might have objections with HiV positive people. We all don't know this.

We don't know the family background.

Like everywhere in the world, there are offences which cannot be withdrawn on the request of the victim but the public prosecution will have to go through the case.

Take a look at the property. It's a farm house somewhere in Kentucky in the middle of nowhere. Google maps allows you a view.

From my personal research it seems that some brothers/ sisters of Brochez mother seem to stay at the same address.

Plus, instead of reporting what is happening in the US at the court hearing, the media here flavour the article with items, which have been repeated so many times:

He forged his certificates and the story about his mother as a Professor of child psychology.

I see this as a tendency just to paint him as a criminal.

On the other hand what I see as well is that Brochez intends to put up that it was him that notified the authorities about the security lapses with the HIV registry.

If you carefully read the news, he seem to have attached details from the data leak only to government officials by email.

But compared to Assange/ Wikileaks and others, he did not put up a website somewhere and posted the information from the HIV registry for everyone to access.

Yes, by laws this might be still an offendable disclosure violating confidentiality legislation.

However, the media is currently always pretending that he acted like a sort of Assange who put the information online for everyone to access. This seems not to have been the case.

In interpreting his actions I see it more that he intends to point out that it is neglected by the local media that it was him who pointed out the severe lapses and negligent handling of such privy data.

Let's be honest: Some here need a culprit and due to his quite "stupid" behaviour he really gives a good picture to paint him in very black colours.

Was there ever anyone in Singapore who was able to point out successfully that anyone from the government in Singapore acted negligent or committed an error?

Just take a second to think about this.

He mate kai e rokohanga, he mate anu ekore e rokohanga.

Guest disclosed yourself
9 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

Footage From usa

we cannot keep insisting our media is twisted

Have you ever heard something about subcontracting or outsourcing?

Do you think CNA has the manpower/ressources to bring their own camera team to a small village in Kentucky??? CNA mostly uses freelance reporters overseas or outsources it to foreign tv channels with reporters from those foreign tv channels. That's nothing uncommon.

Please!

For sure they subcontracted the job to the local online TV network with WKTY. If you visit the website from WKYT the video does not even appear on their plattform and it not published with them at all. 

We don't know about the editing but I assume it is from CNA and not from the American media chain.

He wha tawhara ki uta, he kiko tamure ki tai.

“While living in the Eastern District of Kentucky, Farrera-Brochez sent links to the data from his e-mail account to several news outlets. He also sent e-mails to several government officials in Singapore containing links to the data.” 
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/mikhy-brochez-charged-in-kentucky-court-for-unlawful-possession-11282458

Guest disclosed yourself
On 2/22/2019 at 12:06 PM, -Ignored- said:

this is what we call unbiased responsible reporting!

The scandal has gripped the Singaporean media for weeks.

The government has blamed the leak on the American partner of a local doctor, who had access to the records kept on all known HIV-positive people in Singapore.

Authorities say the leak has been contained, but this is little relief to a vulnerable community in a society that continues to stigmatise the condition.

It was this database - with the names and addresses of 14,200 people - that authorities say was leaked earlier this year.

The government has pinned the blame on Mikhy Farrera-Brochez, a US citizen who moved to Singapore in 2008. They say he obtained the data from his partner, Singaporean doctor Ler Teck Siang, whose job granted him rare access to the confidential registry.

Farrera-Brochez is himself HIV-positive, which means he could not legally work in Singapore. But in 2017 he was convicted of fraud for using a sample of Ler's blood to pass a mandatory HIV test. After serving a jail term he was deported to the US. Ler is appealing against a two-year sentence for his role in the fraud.

Farrera-Brochez - who this week appeared in court in Kentucky charged with trespassing at his mother's house - has fiercely denied being responsible.

He recently shared a string of angry posts on Facebook alleging that, among other things, another person was behind the leak, that he was abused while in police custody, that he had only contracted HIV while in prison and that he was denied medication. He accused Singapore - where sex between men is illegal - of using the HIV database to keep track of gay men.

Facebook has since deleted Farrera-Brochez's account for violating its community standards, and Singaporean authorities have said his allegations are "blatantly false".

Health Minister Gan Kim Yong said Singapore was working with the US on the case and police would "spare no effort pursuing all avenues to bring Farrera-Brochez to justice".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ka mate kaainga tahi, ka ora kaainga rua.

• G_M changed the title to HIV Positive Status of 14,200 People Leaked Online Saga (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.