Male HQ

Stereotypes for gays

Guest Guest random

Guest Guest random

Do you feel that most gays fit into some popular stereotypes? For those of you who have met many gays in real life or over the internet, do you find that most of them/us

1) behaves effeminately

2) very emotional 

3) has the gay voice

4) prefers music and art over sports

...Are some of the examples....

of course there are exceptions to everything, but are those stereotypes more of a norm than exceptions?

Guest Guest random

Sorry, i was born in the 1950s and just recently woke up from a 40 years coma, so.. I don’t know maybe the 60s-70s era? Sorry if I sound a bit outdated about today 

Guest Masc btm
2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Things have obviously change over the decades....just step into any gym and chances are half of them are gays, bi or curious one. In fact the more muscular one is, the higher chance of him being a gay and yes the trend seems to be towards so called manly gay....the only thing that didnt change is they are still as choosy as before....

For a manly gay to be a bottom is double the crime and to like to be gang raped is considered cheaper than a whore.

Guest Guest 7
4 hours ago, Guest Guest random said:

1) behaves effeminately

2) very emotional

3) has the gay voice

Those are outdated stereotypes for bottoms (and flexes who are more bottom-oriented). But don't forget that tops (and flexes who are more top-oriented) happen to be gays as well. They do not usually conform to those stereotypes, and if they did, bottoms would probably not generally be attracted to them. And in a society like Singapore, where most gays don't want to be publicly out, discretion is very important ~ regardless of top, bottom, or flex ~ so the vast majority of gays will not conform to those stereotypes at all, and if they do, many make efforts to hide their stereotypical inclinations as much as possible.

Guest It is me again.
10 hours ago, Guest Guest random said:

Do you feel that most gays fit into some popular stereotypes? For those of you who have met many gays in real life or over the internet, do you find that most of them/us

1) behaves effeminately   (effemination is a gene, unless he the person deliberately acted it out and you will know)

2) very emotional  (depends on what trigger it, we all a human and can get emtional, our PM cries all the time, during election, in parliament and making a statements)

3) has the gay voice  (I have heard a kindergarden boys talking with gay voice,  may be we are all trained to talk like that since young.  Can a woman voice change into a man voice someday, was there such a therapy to change our voice into something acceptable and was it even a choice?)

4) prefers music and art over sports  (It is a form of relaxation.  May I act gardening, cooking, dancing, acting, shopping into your list.  Gay people cannot have all these to pass their time from stressful unacceptable and rejected existence?  Is there any law to forbid gay people from doing things they felt safe and meditative?  It helps to mellow on the emotional part (as mentioned in your item (2) above).

Of course there are more.  They are generally lonesome, filial to their parents,  easily bullied,  meticulous, soft-hearted, helpful and scared of snakes, spider and cockroach.  I know I do.

Guest guest

5)  demands instant sex/session/fun, extremely self-entitled

6)  many will post comments online where they can remain anonymous but have no guts to speak up in person

7)  thinks the world must spin around them alone

8)  loud quarrelsome, loves cliques.

Guest I am not a Guess!
2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

5)  demands instant sex/session/fun, extremely self-entitled

6)  many will post comments online where they can remain anonymous but have no guts to speak up in person

7)  thinks the world must spin around them alone

8)  loud quarrelsome, loves cliques.

I fully agreed and they always hide themselve in anonymity as guest in this forum

Sometime got to understand theses hunks spent so much time, money and discipline to get that body shape, so ya must show off la....sports singlet are still ok but not those with sexy deep cut v neck or deep cut sides as well as once famous singlets with a ms universe sling over, say u not gay also no one believe ha....

Guest shake head

Wait till you meet the new generation. Most of them behave like princess, rude, inconsiderate, drama, no respect for other people time, no responsibility, spend money like crazy, must go tour every month. And most importantly, they think they are godsend (10) when they are are 5 and below. 

Guest Little Bear Uncle
8 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Sometime got to understand theses hunks spent so much time, money and discipline to get that body shape, so ya must show off la....sports singlet are still ok but not those with sexy deep cut v neck or deep cut sides as well as once famous singlets with a ms universe sling over, say u not gay also no one believe ha....

If you got it, flaunt it.

If you have the muscles, the muscles are more attractive than the clothes if you expose enough to show.

If I wear nice sports wear, I'll wear them fitting well to show off that I don't have big tummy like most uncles. 

If I wear sloppy singlet( $1 from pasar malam), my biceps, chest and flat tummy will contrast with those fat uncles wearing the same sloppy singlet. I'm sloppily dressed yet not sloppy.

Many of them are into things that straight guys are not into, for example, underwear.

And I know for a fact that many gay guys prefer white colour underwear over other colours... not sure why though.

7 hours ago, Guest Tumo said:

Many of them are into things that straight guys are not into, for example, underwear.

And I know for a fact that many gay guys prefer white colour underwear over other colours... not sure why though.

Because white color attracts fellow gay men and says you like attention and are horny and up for sex/fun.

At the pool, those who wear white skimpy trunks are usually gay men who are cruising for sex.

I know, coz I have hooked up with them before long time ago, and that was what they told me. 

17 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Spending time and discipline and some money to get into optimum body shape is one of the best things we gays can do.

Then, it really doesn't matter how cheap or old our clothes are, as long as they are somewhat tight and show a nice profile. 

Guest Guest
23 hours ago, blueblueblue said:

Nowadays the stereotype is muscular, wear singlet and very short shorts. Even go restaurant dinner die die must wear tight fitting t shirt or singlet. 

LOL.... tis is cnfrm gay style. 

Guest Keithy

Difficult to tell now as the line between straight men and gay men is getting blurry. A straight looking man with his Wife has given me the “look” and followed me into the toilet ....... :whistle:

1 hour ago, Guest Keithy said:

Difficult to tell now as the line between straight men and gay men is getting blurry. A straight looking man with his Wife has given me the “look” and followed me into the toilet ....... :whistle:

Thats call a bi.....50% gay & 50% straight

7 hours ago, mate69 said:

Because white color attracts fellow gay men and says you like attention and are horny and up for sex/fun.

At the pool, those who wear white skimpy trunks are usually gay men who are cruising for sex.

I know, coz I have hooked up with them before long time ago, and that was what they told me. 

Not only white, even those very flowery design, bright red, yellow, pink etc are are all very gay color...straight normally will be in more conservative color like black, blue, grey and they dont wear skimpy ones, mostly will be in boring tights or square cut.

there should be a stereotype for each species of gay, because there are more than one type of gay - am i right?

there is the femme gay, the butch gay, the nerdy gay, the non sexual gay, the spiritual gay, closet gay etc...

like skittles, they are same same but different haha

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Blank
On 3/30/2019 at 11:21 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Things have obviously change over the decades....just step into any gym and chances are half of them are gays, bi or curious one. In fact the more muscular one is, the higher chance of him being a gay and yes the trend seems to be towards so called manly gay....the only thing that didnt change is they are still as choosy as before....

Gays are very choose in the past as well? I always thought only newer generation will be like this

15 hours ago, mate69 said:

But I'm sure there are straight men who wear white underwear and white trunks, right?

Isn't white (especially for underwear) just another colour?

7 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Thats call a bi.....50% gay & 50% straight

Not only white, even those very flowery design, bright red, yellow, pink etc are are all very gay color...straight normally will be in more conservative color like black, blue, grey and they dont wear skimpy ones, mostly will be in boring tights or square cut.

No ah I know of some straight friends who are married who wear plain white briefs and not other colours. I don't think that's wrong, and it doesn't make them gay. Haha.

6 minutes ago, Guest Tumo said:

But I'm sure there are straight men who wear white underwear and white trunks, right?

Isn't white (especially for underwear) just another colour?

No, white is NOT *just* another colour. Lol.

Esp when it comes to skimpy speedos/trunks haha 

41 minutes ago, mate69 said:

No, white is NOT *just* another colour. Lol.

Esp when it comes to skimpy speedos/trunks haha 

Haha skimpy speedos/trunks I can understand, but underwear leh? Isn't white quite a common colour?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 11:26 PM, Guest Tumo said:

Haha skimpy speedos/trunks I can understand, but underwear leh? Isn't white quite a common colour?

Ya white is common evn though hard to maintain (for undies) , nt ref to swimwear

anyway stereotypes: esp fussing n dying for songkrAn evn once in a lifetime as though whether having it or is an issue

Hope i wont do a sonkran in my life time

next will b all abt gym and posing, goin after good looks/bod etc is so critical

16 minutes ago, blueblueblue said:

i recall meeting this mid to late 40s gay wearing rainbow cap, new urban male singlet, super tight and short shorts and boots walking ard orchard.

looked a bit sad actually.

He prolly bought his um singlet 2 decades ago.

:P

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

9 minutes ago, Letsrelaxpp said:

Look at it from another angle,  wouldnt it be "sadder" if he do it in his 50s or 60s?

Actually 50s is the new 30s.

Think chuando.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Fatty
10 minutes ago, Dan 28 said:

Gays are usually not realistic with relationships , always looking for the perfect partner , perfect  young look and figure  , they do not bet an eye lid on matured or older guys , unlike straight people 

You like old men?

Guest Try and see

Actually, we gay guys should try to have fun with these "gay stereotypes" and learn to laugh at ourselves instead of getting all triggered and offended.

(Although I do notice that among the LGHT Youtubers that I have seen, it's usually the lesbians who get very easily upset and offended over lesbian stereotypes, many of them being true anyway.)

Anyway, I recently came across two gay stereotypes on social media:

1) Gay men tend to walk very fast

There's even a joke that goes something like:

"Hey, straight men, look behind you: There's a gay man trying to overtake and walk ahead of you."   :lol:

2) Gay men like iced coffee.

sub-buzz-29122-1539104629-1.png

A lot of gay men like to fuss over fashion, trends, styles and the like...even when they have no money to speak of, 

to keep up with the joneses.

for what? sibeh uuuugh. 

just dress comfortable will do. who the hell cares about fashion when u cant afford it to begin with

and have to borrow money from others just to feed this stupid fantasy obsession of theirs.

a lot of them should get their life priorities right, instead of getting oh so excited about useless things

like fashion trends, styles, hair, latest looks, music, entertainment etc

Edited by mate69

6 hours ago, mate69 said:

A lot of gay men like to fuss over fashion, trends, styles and the like...even when they have no money to speak of, 

to keep up with the joneses.

for what? sibeh uuuugh. 

just dress comfortable will do. who the hell cares about fashion when u cant afford it to begin with

and have to borrow money from others just to feed this stupid fantasy obsession of theirs.

a lot of them should get their life priorities right, instead of getting oh so excited about useless things

like fashion trends, styles, hair, latest looks, music, entertainment etc

I also think all that is useless.

The one thing that is NOT useless is is the body.

Whatever we do to improve the body pays off generously,

and makes these useless things like fashion, trends, styles superfluous.

4 hours ago, Guest Punch said:

Definitely...gays can't punch like straight guys (either no strength or not accurate).

WHAT???  In today's world where gays come out of the closet,  an increasing number of athletes reveal that they are gay.  Some very tough guys...

Guest Punch
2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

WHAT???  In today's world where gays come out of the closet,  an increasing number of athletes reveal that they are gay.  Some very tough guys...

Well, most of the gays I met (even the muscular ones) can't even punch like an average fit straight guy...

1 hour ago, Guest Punch said:

Well, most of the gays I met (even the muscular ones) can't even punch like an average fit straight guy...

I know of a gay who is an old man in his 70s,  still strong but not aggressive,  who years ago started to practice Aikido, a mild martial art that has also spiritual elements.  He does this with a group of younger guys who are all very kind and civil.  The teacher is a very kind, sweet person who cannot kill a flea.  Yet this gay has learned to punch, to cut (with sword practice),  to break arms, wrists, legs, necks, dislocate shoulders, he jumps, falls, rolls, etc...  all things that most average fit straight guys, of any age,  never do.

The punch of the average fit straight guy is often very... naive!  A punch that you see in movies.  A gay with minimum expertise easily gets out of the way of such punch, extends it to get the puncher out of balance, and throws him down and pins him in several ways.  Being gay does not seem to make any difference  :)

Edited by Steve5380

On 3/30/2019 at 10:17 PM, Guest Guest random said:

1) behaves effeminately

2) very emotional 

3) has the gay voice

of course there are exceptions to everything, but are those stereotypes more of a norm than exceptions?

1) Being a sissy is nt being gay

2) voice is gene’s issue or could be due to operation/surg, some health issues at vocal cords

unless u r saying he has no adam apple

anyone of u dare to admit u dont hve it??

many lady boys have it

what is wrong w 4)

2) is just abt anger/emo mgt

from the way, some commented and fighting non-stop on a same topic, it clearly shows emo mgt issues

cannot see the link too: 

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

I know of a gay who is an old man in his 70s,  still strong but not aggressive,  who years ago started to practice Aikido, a mild martial art that has also spiritual elements.  He does this with a group of younger guys who are all very kind and civil.  The teacher is a very kind, sweet person who cannot kill a flea.  Yet this gay has learned to punch, to cut (with sword practice),  to break arms, wrists, legs, necks, dislocate shoulders, he jumps, falls, rolls, etc...  all things that most average fit straight guys, of any age,  never do.

The punch of the average fit straight guy is often very... naive!  A punch that you see in movies.  A gay with minimum expertise easily gets out of the way of such punch, extends it to get the puncher out of balance, and throws him down and pins him in several ways.  Being gay does not seem to make any difference  :)

You are talking about one out of a million lah ....I also know of 80 years old grandma doing gymnastics....anyone above 80 around you doing it ? 

from this Video u will be MORE self-aware

Gays tend to complain others
T also dont like Gays

I m ok with all but dont like Cliches, 
eg Gays tend to songkran (at least once a lifetime)- i never
T tend to imitate a male (eg sit with legs opened, but nt the Gays in vid)

And for sure Gays like to go to gym (be it to up their muscles)

Closer to 11mins: good analysis, when btms and btms are in a pub/cruising venue
and the "gin" part, i dont like it when Gays 打量 me, it is rude to "stare" (they must have tot i didnt noticed, pretending not to notice, doesnt mean i didnt noitice)

51 minutes ago, Dan 28 said:

You are talking about one out of a million lah ....I also know of 80 years old grandma doing gymnastics....anyone above 80 around you doing it ? 

Dan, this was long time ago.  Even in 1950 centenarians were practically non existent. Today in Japan, one out of 3,000 people is a centenarian.   Today more than 41% of Americans live to 80 y.o.   And a man who will live to 80 should be able to do what I described in his 70s.   And "gay" should not make any difference.  

Some Aikido masters keep practicing it beyond their 80s.   If they can do it, why not someone in their 70s?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.