Male HQ

Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)

jazz

• Guest locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

13411958_10154954891460752_1149711566917Interesting obit written by himself. See who can spot the most touching part.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Muhammad Ali dies aged 74: Mike Tyson, Floyd Mayweather and George Foreman among those paying tribute to the greatest boxer of all time on social media

Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather were among the famous faces and former fighters to pay tribute to boxing legend Muhammed Ali after the three-time heavyweight champion passed away at the age of 74.

Respiratory problems complicated by a 32-year battle with Parkinson's disease, saw Ali pass away early on Saturday morning in Arizona after being taken to hospital late on Friday evening.

Tributes from sporting and global figures continued to pour in for the man dubbed The Greatest, who was recognised not just for his achievements in the ring, but his larger-than-life personality and strong beliefs that transcended beyond the ropes and helped inspire millions.

Former undisputed champion Mike Tyson, who took over the mantle from Ali in the late 80's and revived the heavyweight division, wrote on Twitter: 'God came for his champion. So long great one.' 

Recently retired Floyd Mayweather, who goes by the acronym TBE (the best ever) after ending his career unbeaten, was another boxer to post a heartfelt message on social media. 

Writing on Instagram, Mayweather thanked Ali not just for his efforts in the squared circle, but his cultural standing during a difficult era.

'Today my heart goes out to a pioneer, a true legend, and a hero by all means! Not a day went by entering the gym that I didn't think of you.

'Your charisma, your charm and above all, your class are all of the elements that will be greatly missed by myself and the world. You are someone that inspired me greatly throughout my boxing journey and words cannot express how great you were as a person! 

'Thank you for everything you've done for Black America, in the world of sports & entertainment and for the legacy you leave behind! My sincerest condolences to the Ali family!' 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ever wondered some of the Hk actors that enternained you and made you laughed in your child hood and you wondered if they are still alive or dead already. Here is a montage of tributes to these actors you grew up in laughed on black and white TV and then 80s TV.

Must feel grateful to be alive, some of them have passed on at an earlier age then some of us in our 50s and 60s.

Do you feel any nostalgia, ABANG.

I feel sad that they have moved on, I hope they all go to a better world with no suffering. I wish them all have a good and rest and rest in peace .

And I thanked them for having made me laugh and made me cry sometimes too but mostly they entertained a part o life and filled a void.

Guest youtuber

When I watched the clip video, there are a lot of nostalgia memories. Growing up watching the HK movies. I still watched a lot of good old movies from youtube.

Somehow I feel glad for them. They have finally reached the end of their journey. There is kind of relief feeling for them. I really wish that kind of feeling. I don't know when it is my time, but it is really tiring thinking that I might have to live for years to come...

Something strange happened.. I've been mentioned several times in this forum over the weekend.  

老饼要请大家听听我非常喜欢的“颂”歌。。李丽芬的“得意的笑”。她嘛, 早在潘越云唱“天天天蓝”之前就出现。。可是,可能外形跟歌声不太适合80年代的唱片市场,要等到90年代才以“爱江山,更爱美人”熬出头。

歌词蛮逗趣的。。名利。。生不带来, 死不带去。。

3 hours ago, abang said:

Something strange happened.. I've been mentioned several times in this forum over the weekend.  

老饼要请大家听听我非常喜欢的“颂”歌。。李丽芬的“得意的笑”。她嘛, 早在潘越云唱“天天天蓝”之前就出现。。可是,可能外形跟歌声不太适合80年代的唱片市场,要等到90年代才以“爱江山,更爱美人”熬出头。

歌词蛮逗趣的。。名利。。生不带来, 死不带去。。

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Guest Choonie said:

Omg! Gone too soon. I really really like his song Blurred Lines.

RIP

Alan thicke who passed away is the father of robin thicke (the guy who sang blurred lines) leh....

Guest Chee Bye
On 18/11/2015 at 7:31 AM, Guest daryl said:

Hi, i was wondering if you have other videos of my dad. As i was born in the 90s. I never got the chance to see my dad act. And now that he is gone. I just want to watch some of his scenes and acting.

Could any one link me up?

Thank you so much

chee bye you put 蔡幸娟clip, I thought she also submit her IC...choy......she still breathing and sucking cock.  KNN

• 2 weeks later...

It's a sad day when a great talent with so much more to give passes on......

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/dec/25/george-michael-pop-superstar-dies-at-53

Thank you for all the wonderful songs you brought to my life, George.

geroger M.jpg

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Such an appropriate song ....... got me tearing up...

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

GEORGE MICHAEL - Careless Whisper

I feel so unsure
As I take your hand
And lead you to the dance floor
As the music dies
Something in your eyes
Calls to mind a silver screen
And all its sad goodbyes

[Chorus:]
I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool
I should've known better than to cheat a friend
And waste a chance that I've been given
So I'm never gonna dance again
The way I danced with you

Time can never mend
The careless whispers of a good friend
To the heart and mind
Ignorance is kind
There's no comfort in the truth
Pain is all you'll find

[Chorus]

Tonight the music seems so loud
I wish that we could lose this crowd
Maybe it's better this way
We'd hurt each other with the things we want to say
We could have been so good together
We could have lived this dance forever
But now who's gonna dance with me
Please stay

[Chorus]

Now that you've gone
Now that you've gone
Now that you've gone
Was what I did so wrong
So wrong that you had to leave me alone?

I was shocked when i went through FB at 730am. The news was so unexpected.

I was very connected with his 2nd album Listen Without Prejudice Vol 1. It was released in 1990 and I was 15 years old. That album was a light in my otherwise uneventful teenage years. Praying For Time, Freemdom 90, Cowboys and Angels...every song was a masterpiece.

I was not into his 1st album much because I was too young. But this was a man who went from being in a cheesy boyband and into a very respected Singer/songwriter where aretha franklin, whitney wanted to sing with.

After he was caught trying to have sex with a cop in LA, he outed himself and returned with a bang with Outside...

George was fisinshing the final touches to the documentry to his life, Listen Without Prejudice 25, due to be shown in the UK in March 15.

I would also like to add that he also wrote one of my most disliked songs of all time Careless Whisper.

He will be greatly missed.

Edited by gstc82

1 hour ago, gstc82 said:

I was shocked when i went through FB at 730am. The news was so unexpected.

I was very connected with his 2nd album Listen Without Prejudice Vol 1. It was released in 1990 and I was 15 years old. That album was a light in my otherwise uneventful teenage years. Praying For Time, Freemdom 90, Cowboys and Angels...every song was a masterpiece.

I was not into his 1st album much because I was too young. But this was a man who went from being in a cheesy boyband and into a very respected Singer/songwriter where aretha franklin, whitney wanted to sing with.

After he was caught trying to have sex with a cop in LA, he outed himself and returned with a bang with Outside...

George was fisinshing the final touches to the documentry to his life, Listen Without Prejudice 25, due to be shown in the UK in March 15.

I would also like to add that he also wrote one of my most disliked songs of all time Careless Whisper.

He will be greatly missed.

His later works when he got more serious going solo and when he was caught with the scandal... many thought that was the end of him but he came back strongers and with a more definitive album after which.... he got to love this man's comeback to rise above it all ....

13 minutes ago, upshot said:

His later works when he got more serious going solo and when he was caught with the scandal... many thought that was the end of him but he came back strongers and with a more definitive album after which.... he got to love this man's comeback to rise above it all ....

14 minutes ago, upshot said:

And this was the man who can be the only 1 to get all the supermodels in 1 video or room together.

15 minutes ago, upshot said:

He was also one of the 1st major star that came out eventhough he was forced too as the cops entrapped him.

Have to remember in the 90s, it was career death if one came out as gay unlike now. 

4 minutes ago, gstc82 said:

He was also one of the 1st major star that came out eventhough he was forced too as the cops entrapped him.

Have to remember in the 90s, it was career death if one came out as gay unlike now. 

His first concert after he started to get himself back to singing.. I recall that concert which I has the video.. it really wow.. everyone. To all those who call him a "fag' has-been... he turn things around so much. No doubt it was hard and he has many demons to fight... he made it. He beat the odds.. Just 2 months back.. I was re-listening to all his albums when I got a new audio system and just want to try out the more detail sound of my song collection and I was just thinking on his more slowly numbers with the least instrumentation, you can hear especially the live one, he still has mastery over his vocals. 

Very sudden. That's the world we live in. He's a peer of mine of my generation... to lose another special talent of my time is a sobering moment.

18 minutes ago, upshot said:

His first concert after he started to get himself back to singing.. I recall that concert which I has the video.. it really wow.. everyone. To all those who call him a "fag' has-been... he turn things around so much. No doubt it was hard and he has many demons to fight... he made it. He beat the odds.. Just 2 months back.. I was re-listening to all his albums when I got a new audio system and just want to try out the more detail sound of my song collection and I was just thinking on his more slowly numbers with the least instrumentation, you can hear especially the live one, he still has mastery over his vocals. 

Very sudden. That's the world we live in. He's a peer of mine of my generation... to lose another special talent of my time is a sobering moment.

Just last week, i was watching james corden's very 1st carpool karaoke for Comic Relief uk..which featired GM and JC singing I'm Your Man.so fuckin funny..

Edited by gstc82

How to feel worse on a very sick weekend?

I am down with a serious bout of influenza, running nose, sore throat and upsetting stomach.

I could not sit up straight or laid down horizontally.

All I can do is to rest my sick body across the sofa watching aimlessly at the TV.

Back to the sudden announcement of his death .. 

It was Christmas season 1984 in Hong Kong.  I travelled to Hong Kong with just an address and small amount of money.  I've managed to find the AMDK but he was rather "cold" when he saw me.  I had to leave the apartment by 0830 as he needed to go to work and can only return after 7 pm.  What was I to do?

I literally walked the streets of You-Ma-Tei, Shum Sui Po and the entire length of Nathan Road.  It was all that bad because the record stores by the road side were all playing 2 hits..Stevie Wonders' "I just call to say I love you" and George Michael's "Careless Whisper".  I eventually bought the vinyl (yes those days don't have CD yet) for I think was HKD$55 - remember those days, SGD$1 = HKD 2.30...

Came back from the trip and became an instant fan of George.. Actually my favourite album is that (if my memory serves me right,circa 1989) "Jesus to a child" and much later, his jazz rendition of "The first time ever I saw your face".

Despite reports of his homosexual misadventure (caught in the toilet) and his long history battling with drugs, his talents cannot be ignored!  Of course, he is that blonde with that hairy body helps (after all, he must be a AMDK)

A must have for all audiophiles.

Guest Theodore
1 hour ago, Guest Neh Neh said:

Anyone know is George Michael gay?

What's the cause of his sudden death?

Very likely drugs.

And I realized that back home here, our youngsters are also very liberal with drugs now.

21 minutes ago, abang said:

How to feel worse on a very sick weekend?

I am down with a serious bout of influenza, running nose, sore throat and upsetting stomach.

I could not sit up straight or laid down horizontally.

All I can do is to rest my sick body across the sofa watching aimlessly at the TV.

Back to the sudden announcement of his death .. 

It was Christmas season 1984 in Hong Kong.  I travelled to Hong Kong with just an address and small amount of money.  I've managed to find the AMDK but he was rather "cold" when he saw me.  I had to leave the apartment by 0830 as he needed to go to work and can only return after 7 pm.  What was I to do?

I literally walked the streets of You-Ma-Tei, Shum Sui Po and the entire length of Nathan Road.  It was all that bad because the record stores by the road side were all playing 2 hits..Stevie Wonders' "I just call to say I love you" and George Michael's "Careless Whisper".  I eventually bought the vinyl (yes those days don't have CD yet) for I think was HKD$55 - remember those days, SGD$1 = HKD 2.30...

Came back from the trip and became an instant fan of George.. Actually my favourite album is that (if my memory serves me right,circa 1989) "Jesus to a child" and much later, his jazz rendition of "The first time ever I saw your face".

Despite reports of his homosexual misadventure (caught in the toilet) and his long history battling with drugs, his talents cannot be ignored!  Of course, he is that blonde with that hairy body helps (after all, he must be a AMDK)

A must have for all audiophiles.

Jesus to a child was from his 3rd full length album Older, released in 1996. Jesus To A Child was written to his partner who died from AIDS.

Guest Dangerman
1 hour ago, Guest Neh Neh said:

He was so handsome when young... :P 

That's his mixed blessing.

Young, handsome, rich, famous and gay. He had anything and any man he wanted. But after years of this glamorous life, even the rich and famous got bored. 

Then he discovered the thrill of cruising where he's no longer considered rich, famous or handsome because he dressed dirty to stay anonymous. Add in the risky thrill of possibility of being caught, being watched and giving himself to some lucky men who don't realise that they were so lucky to have taken a world famous celebrity.

The last famous case was him being caught in the Hampstead Heath cavorting with a dirty old man,  pot-bellied, 58-year-old, jobless van driver. 

5 hours ago, Guest Neh Neh said:

He was so handsome when young... :P 

Somehow i prefer andrew.

M i the only one?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, fab said:

Somehow i prefer andrew.

M i the only one?

Andrew is more classically handsome. But George, what can I say, sex on legs! He looked hottest during the Faith era, with the stubble and the cross earring. I remember going to Far East Plaza to get a clip-on of the earring cos my folks would've skinned me if I did a real piercing.

The passing of Prince and George is a reminder again of my own aging and mortality.

I was scrolling through YouTube, and came across this alternate version of the video, Too Funky. It differs slightly from the original, given that GM have zero appearance in this one. Besides all the supermodels of the day, the video also features several club legends, Nomi Klaus, and my favourite, Joey Arias. :) Of course, the amazing fashions of Thierry Mugler. 

Love. 

17 minutes ago, doncoin said:

I was scrolling through YouTube, and came across this alternate version of the video, Too Funky. It differs slightly from the original, given that GM have zero appearance in this one. Besides all the supermodels of the day, the video also features several club legends, Nomi Klaus, and my favourite, Joey Arias. :) Of course, the amazing fashions of Thierry Mugler. 

All the designs were by thierry mugler. Originally was to feature the same 5 models but mugler objected and only Linda appeared.

• G_M changed the title to Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)
  • Guest locked and locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.