Male HQ

Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)

jazz

Guest Advisor
14 hours ago, Guest Air Bag said:

@Guest Advisor - Think Free Falling is more well known here in SG.

I agree that "Free Falling" is probably his biggest hit worldwide, but "I Won't Back Down" from the same album has to be a close second, with "Don't Come Around Here No More" rounding out the big three. I would then say "Refugee" and "Into The Great Wide Open" complete his top five.

I think Tom Petty was very mature during the controversy with Sam Smith, saying he understood how copycat situations could happen by accident, and letting the lawyers handle the issue rather than making negative comments in the media. I also like how he admitted his past mistakes.

I believe using the pro-racism, pro-slavery, pro-treason Confederate flag on his 1985 album cover but then understanding how it hurt blacks and disavowing that disgusting evil rag was the most honorable. I was proud to read that he then told fans not to bring that rubbish to his concerts.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kim Jonghyun, the lead singer of top South Korean pop group SHINee, was found dead Monday evening. He was 27.

Widely known simply as Jonghyun, Kim was found unconscious at an apartment in Seoul. He was taken to the hospital but did not regain consciousness, according to Korean news agency Yonhap.

The discovery of his body in Gangnam district’s Cheongdam quarter followed a report to police by his older sister that Kim was behaving erratically.

Without identifying their sources, several local news outlets said that Kim committed suicide. Others added that he was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning after heating up charcoal in the apartment.

A police briefing said that he sent a text message to his sister that sounded like a suicide note. “I’ve had a hard time. Please let me go and say that I did a good job. This is my last word,” the message said, according to the police. SM Entertainment, Kim’s management group, has not yet offered any statement.

Jonghyun_at_Dazed_x_Boon_The_Shop_Event_in_May_2016_01.jpg

tumblr_ney41r8VsL1rc13aso2_500.gif.6b4cd0f19156729ba89885c999b5c873.gif

I feel sorry for those who committed sucides. Need to come back to repeat. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest whywhywhy

when I was young I tried to hurt myself before. when I'm a working adult, I anticipated for the end of the world. I don't want to leave behind my family who will feel sad for me. When Chester kill himself, I kind of having a very strange feeling which I can describe it in words. It just make me feel that its okay to follow his footpath. I don't know why. with more and more people taking their lives, the more and more I get closer or accustomed to it. like no big deal like that. When Chester said he's feeling heavy I kinda understand what his trying to say or feel. Its like I have someone to look up to or understand how it feels. its not me alone feeling it. but I'm not yet close to his level yet. I'm not sure how long I can endure. its getting worse and worse with each year passing by. to other it may looks coward or stupid, to some it may be a last resort

I used to feel suicidal because I felt I am not tall and good looking enough. But seeing Jong Hyun, a beautiful man at the peak of his career doing this... its an odd feeling. RIP Hyung.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Manhunt founder and beauty pageant veteran Alex Liu dies at 57

0000265.jpg?itok=28wgZFgz

PUBLISHED

JAN 23, 2018, 2:12 PM SGT

SINGAPORE - Beauty pageant veteran and founder of the Manhunt competition, Mr Alex Liu, died on Monday (Jan 22 2018). He was 57.

According to a spokesman for his company, Exclusive Resources Marketing, he died of a heart attack in a taxi en route to Tan Tock Seng Hospital from his house in Toa Payoh at about 2pm.

Described as "the godfather of beauty pageants in Singapore", Mr Liu organised women's beauty pageants such as Miss Singapore Universe and Miss Chinatown after he set up Metromedia Marketing in 1984.

Noticing an increase in men's products at a department store, he came up with the idea of the first male model contest in Singapore. He settled on the name "Manhunt" because it was catchy, and organised the debut edition with 16 contestants at a local disco in 1988.

By 1993, Manhunt had become so popular that he staged the first global edition in Gold Coast, Australia. He formed Exclusive Resources Marketing (ERM) in 1997 and opened offices in China, Malaysia and Thailand, and established associate companies in Australia, India, South Korea and Taiwan.

Mr Liu was present at the last international edition held in Bangkok last November.

Over the years, he also organised numerous other contests, including Mrs Universe, Miss Tourism Queen International Beauty Pageant, Miss Global Beauty Queen Beauty Pageant and Miss Bikini International.

Entertainment lawyer Samuel Seow, who had known him for 15 years, says that Mr Liu was "always very driven".

"He was very proud that he had built up Manhunt into the world's largest male pageant."

Mr Seow, who owns Beam Artistes, a management company that organises Manhunt Singapore and Malaysia, adds: "Clearly, he had a keen eye for talent and how pageants work."

Mr Liu's life was not without controversy. In 1994, a German Manhunt contestant, Christian Klein, made a police report accusing him of molestation. Manhunt 1995 winner Andrew Poh made a similar report but both cases were later dropped by the police.

Addressing the accusations, Mr Liu, who was not married and had no children, told The Straits Times in 1997: "If I had done it, don't you think the police would have put me in the slammer already?"

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/manhunt-founder-and-beauty-pageant-veteran-alex-liu-dies-at-57

Edited by CKW

An enterprising man. At 25 already started all those pageants.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 3:32 PM, Guest - J - said:

I used to feel suicidal because I felt I am not tall and good looking enough. But seeing Jong Hyun, a beautiful man at the peak of his career doing this... its an odd feeling. RIP Hyung.

It's about the subtle inadequacies he felt about himself as a musician, I believe. A lot of his work was underappreciated prior to his passing. He also spoke a lot (mostly through music) about how he felt that the life of fame wasn't what he wanted. Prolly the struggles between being the artist, Jonghyun, and being Kim Jong Hyun? Not to mention that he was under attack by the conservatives for publicly supporting the LGBT community.

Korea lost a gem, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Superstar Bollywood actress Sridevi Kapoor died of accidental drowning, a Dubai post-mortem report has said.

The 54-year-old actress, known simply as Sridevi, drowned in her hotel apartment's bathtub following loss of consciousness, it says.

It had earlier been reported that she died of cardiac arrest on Saturday while at a family wedding in Dubai.

Bollywood stars, sporting giants and leading politicians have reacted with shock to her death.

8 hours ago, sg indian here said:

Superstar Bollywood actress Sridevi Kapoor died of accidental drowning, a Dubai post-mortem report has said.

The 54-year-old actress, known simply as Sridevi, drowned in her hotel apartment's bathtub following loss of consciousness, it says.

It had earlier been reported that she died of cardiac arrest on Saturday while at a family wedding in Dubai.

Bollywood stars, sporting giants and leading politicians have reacted with shock to her death.

Nobody give a * about bollyhood

Guest not hiding
6 hours ago, Guest Galing said:

Nobody give a * about bollyhood

your response only reflects your negative EI... PLUS your lack of international knowledge or openess... stay in your safeguarded SIngapoo and better don't make any step crossing it's borders. Thanks! Kopi O at fuud cot tasting good meh?

40 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

You mean Starlion ? I found most of his posts ended up in flaming room.  No wonder.  

OMG。。why so mean to make such statements on starioned...let there be peace with everyone 

Edited by TwoChnBTMs

24 minutes ago, TwoChnBTMs said:

OMG。。why so mean to make such statements on starioned...let there be peace with everyone 

I myself never cross path with him, neither have time or energy to.  But many of his posts cursing others' fathers and mothers are just so uncivilized. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

31 minutes ago, TwoChnBTMs said:

whats wrong with you??what did leanmature say that is so mean???..all he said was that most of the post from starioned ends up in flaming room..whats so mean about that??

Guest kian wee iec97
On 26/02/2018 at 3:29 PM, godboy said:

Our bw member stationed have passed away  2 weeks ago

are you serious?

he's the one that actively organising orgy right?

Can anyone comfirm if the 80s Ch 8 actor Weng Jiahong has passed away?

I heard rumours that he died of cancer some time ago.

He acted in Star Maiden as well as the original On The Fringe. Don't think he stayed long in SBC/TCS/Mediacorp.

Edited by CKW

Guest Guest
On 28 February 2018 at 12:11 PM, CKW said:

Can anyone comfirm if the 80s Ch 8 actor Weng Jiahong has passed away?

I heard remours that he died of cancer some time ago.

He acted in Star Maiden as well as the original On The Fringe. Don't think he stayed long in SBC/TCS/Mediacorp.

Who is he? Any picture?

6 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Who is he? Any picture?

In the picture below, Weng Jiahong is the one second from the left, next to Chen Bifeng.

I think most young people won't remember him as he didn't stay on in acting after the 80s. But as a kid, I found him quite cute  :D

So I was quite shaken to hear that he had died of cancer recently. Just want to verify if it's true.

Edited by CKW

742431_ver_big.jpg

I always confuse wjh n qin jin feng.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, CKW said:

In the picture below, Weng Jiahong is the one second from the left, next to Chen Bifeng.

I think most young people won't remember him as he didn't stay on in acting after the 80s. But as a kid, I found him quite cute  :D

So I was quite shaken to hear that he had died of cancer recently. Just want to verify if it's true.

I remember about this actor. Since he is not popular, difficult to find any news on him.

15 hours ago, CKW said:

After filming on the fringe in 1987, show was telecast in 1988 thereabouts, he left for studies abroad.

returned to tcs in 1991... but wasnt cast as lead... and left....

First guy in opening credits. Guy in blue jacket.

几分神似joshua ang, be4 he became buibhj

Edited by FluteGuan

Former Ch 8 Actress Wang Xiu Yun Passed Away On National Day

She was the TV mum we all loved.

While the nation flooded social media with celebratory National Day messages yesterday, one particular Instagram post caught our eye: Xiang Yun's touching tribute to former Ch 8 actress Wang Xiu Yun, who had passed away on the morning of Aug 9. She was 72. 

According to Xiang Yun, the veteran actress had passed away from kidney failure, and prior to her death, had rejected dialysis. Xiang Yun also adds that in the years before Xiu Yun passed on, she had diabetes and had stayed in several nursing homes. She reportedly has a god-daughter who is overseeing the funeral arrangements. 

Xiu Yun Jie, as she’s affectionately known to her colleagues, got her start in showbiz as an actress in the 1970s with Mediacorp, then known as Radio Television Singapore. She is best remembered by viewers for kindhearted motherly roles in the '80s and '90s. Her most memorable role was that of a selfless mum in the 1989 Ch 8 classic A Mother’s Love, which starred Zoe Tay and Li Nanxing.

After she left showbiz in 1998, she taught children’s acting classes in her free time, while still pursing her love for acting part-time. Xiang Yun, who last worked with the late actress in Ch 8 drama Housewives’ Holiday in 2009, tells us that Xiu Yun also sold kids clothes in departmental store Metro. “I bought kids’ clothes from her to support her as my kids were still young back then,” says Xiang Yun. “Then she moved on to sell kitchenware in Takashimaya, I visited her a few times and bought some pots and pans from her too.”

Back then, a reporter had caught wind of Xiu Yun working in a department store and secretly snapped pics of her at work. Those photos were later published. “She was a little upset when the reporter did that. She confided in us and told us that it was a little intrusive," says Xiang Yun. 

She adds: “She’s my senior in showbiz, and I have acted in several dramas with her. She is very good-tempered and she never gets angry. The actors used to tease her and she’d always laugh and say: ‘Don’t disturb me!’.”

Xiang Yun also reveals that the former Ch 8 actor Chen Guohua would also visit Xiu Yun at her work place and buy her lunch from time to time.

When Huang Wenyong passed away in 2013, Xiu Yun contacted Xiang Yun to let her know that she wouldn’t be attending the wake as “her legs hurt” and that she wasn't able to walk for long distances.

Xiang Yun tells us that she attended Xiu Yun’s wake at Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 this morning and that she had ran into Zheng Geping, Hong Huifang, Chen Xiuhuan and several production crew there.

“All of us were a little teary at the wake," she says. "The pain and sadness from knowing that Xiu Yun Jie has passed away is the same as the feeling I had when Wenyong died. I feel sad and heavy-hearted. At least her suffering has ended, and she’s in a better place now.” 

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Former Mediacorp actress Tiffany Leong dies aged 30

Malaysian-born actress Tiffany Leong died on Monday (Dec 28) at age 30 after a two-year battle with a rare hereditary disorder.

Leong, also known as Zhuo Qi, was diagnosed with multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndrome in 2013.

As part of her treatment, about 60 per cent of her liver was removed, Malaysian paper Oriental Daily reported.

Leong was a successful host and model in Malaysia before crossing the strait to star in Singapore TV shows.

The actress and television host appeared in Singapore and Malaysia productions such as La Femme (2008), Priceless Wonder (2010) and Turning Point (2015).

She was nominated for the Top 10 most popular female artists at the 2011 Star Awards.

Industry veteran Xiang Yun posted a touching goodbye message to Leong on Facebook.

She wrote: "She was young, knowledgeable, talented, beautiful, humble, kind, hardworking, had many good points... I will always remember gentle you."

Malaysian-born actress Tiffany Leong.

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

4 hours ago, Ethan_Oleh said:

Former Ch 8 Actress Wang Xiu Yun Passed Away On National Day

She was the TV mum we all loved.

While the nation flooded social media with celebratory National Day messages yesterday, one particular Instagram post caught our eye: Xiang Yun's touching tribute to former Ch 8 actress Wang Xiu Yun, who had passed away on the morning of Aug 9. She was 72. 

According to Xiang Yun, the veteran actress had passed away from kidney failure, and prior to her death, had rejected dialysis. Xiang Yun also adds that in the years before Xiu Yun passed on, she had diabetes and had stayed in several nursing homes. She reportedly has a god-daughter who is overseeing the funeral arrangements. 

Xiu Yun Jie, as she’s affectionately known to her colleagues, got her start in showbiz as an actress in the 1970s with Mediacorp, then known as Radio Television Singapore. She is best remembered by viewers for kindhearted motherly roles in the '80s and '90s. Her most memorable role was that of a selfless mum in the 1989 Ch 8 classic A Mother’s Love, which starred Zoe Tay and Li Nanxing.

After she left showbiz in 1998, she taught children’s acting classes in her free time, while still pursing her love for acting part-time. Xiang Yun, who last worked with the late actress in Ch 8 drama Housewives’ Holiday in 2009, tells us that Xiu Yun also sold kids clothes in departmental store Metro. “I bought kids’ clothes from her to support her as my kids were still young back then,” says Xiang Yun. “Then she moved on to sell kitchenware in Takashimaya, I visited her a few times and bought some pots and pans from her too.”

Back then, a reporter had caught wind of Xiu Yun working in a department store and secretly snapped pics of her at work. Those photos were later published. “She was a little upset when the reporter did that. She confided in us and told us that it was a little intrusive," says Xiang Yun. 

She adds: “She’s my senior in showbiz, and I have acted in several dramas with her. She is very good-tempered and she never gets angry. The actors used to tease her and she’d always laugh and say: ‘Don’t disturb me!’.”

Xiang Yun also reveals that the former Ch 8 actor Chen Guohua would also visit Xiu Yun at her work place and buy her lunch from time to time.

When Huang Wenyong passed away in 2013, Xiu Yun contacted Xiang Yun to let her know that she wouldn’t be attending the wake as “her legs hurt” and that she wasn't able to walk for long distances.

Xiang Yun tells us that she attended Xiu Yun’s wake at Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 this morning and that she had ran into Zheng Geping, Hong Huifang, Chen Xiuhuan and several production crew there.

“All of us were a little teary at the wake," she says. "The pain and sadness from knowing that Xiu Yun Jie has passed away is the same as the feeling I had when Wenyong died. I feel sad and heavy-hearted. At least her suffering has ended, and she’s in a better place now.” 

This is spooky.

Didn't she pass away last Aug?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

7 hours ago, fab said:

This is spooky.

Didn't she pass away last Aug?

Yes, she passed away on 9 Aug 2017. I remember reading about it on the Channel News Asia website. 

I didn't find it spooky though; just very sad as she's one of the SBC/TCS/Mediacorp veterans that I grew up watching on TV.

The article is still there:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/veteran-channel-8-actress-wang-xiu-yun-dies-9112820

wang-xiuyun.jpg

Edited by CKW

17 minutes ago, CKW said:

Yes, she passed away on 9 Aug 2017. I remember reading about it on the Channel News Asia website. 

I didn't find it spooky though; just very sad as she's one of the SBC/TCS/Mediacorp veterans that I grew up watching on TV.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/veteran-channel-8-actress-wang-xiu-yun-dies-9112820

wang-xiuyun.jpg

Spooky as in y posting such dated news.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

36 minutes ago, CKW said:

wang-xiuyun.jpg

If u ever have access to sbc archives, u will know xiuyun 姐was the first female solo crosstalk on channel 8.

In those early sbc days, she created a character , agossipy 王大妈。。。。too bad tv was in its early days and pp are very kampong....so they cdnt accept her style.

In the late 80s, when 秀环joined sbc, the hk directors often moxed their two names up.

If u speak cantonese, u will know what i mean, lol much,

Mediacorp didnt keep their senior actors and acrtesses ...and she was cut. Very sad..

1 minute ago, FluteGuan said:

If u ever have access to sbc archives, u will know xiuyun 姐was the first female solo crosstalk on channel 8.

In those early sbc days, she created a character , agossipy 王大妈。。。。too bad tv was in its early days and pp are very kampong....so they cdnt accept her style.

In the late 80s, when 秀环joined sbc, the hk directors often moxed their two names up.

If u speak cantonese, u will know what i mean, lol much,

Mediacorp didnt keep their senior actors and acrtesses ...and she was cut. Very sad..

Xiuhuan as in Yidi from Star Maiden?

I don't speak Cantonese so I can't tell. But probably in Cantonese the two names sound alike?

You mean Mediacorp sort of fired Wang Xiuyun when she got older? That's very bad of them.

11 hours ago, Ethan_Oleh said:

Former Mediacorp actress Tiffany Leong dies aged 30

Malaysian-born actress Tiffany Leong died on Monday (Dec 28) at age 30 after a two-year battle with a rare hereditary disorder.

Leong, also known as Zhuo Qi, was diagnosed with multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndrome in 2013.

As part of her treatment, about 60 per cent of her liver was removed, Malaysian paper Oriental Daily reported.

Leong was a successful host and model in Malaysia before crossing the strait to star in Singapore TV shows.

The actress and television host appeared in Singapore and Malaysia productions such as La Femme (2008), Priceless Wonder (2010) and Turning Point (2015).

She was nominated for the Top 10 most popular female artists at the 2011 Star Awards.

Industry veteran Xiang Yun posted a touching goodbye message to Leong on Facebook.

She wrote: "She was young, knowledgeable, talented, beautiful, humble, kind, hardworking, had many good points... I will always remember gentle you."

Malaysian-born actress Tiffany Leong.

Those who were closer to tiffany shared a scary story....

Of how tiffany might have 卡到阴。。。while filming a scary paranormal show... she was possessed, of cos delivered... but things were never quite the same thereafter.

Tiffany was here in sg much earlier than the plastic face but gd actress jiuhubu tongtong,,.. but同人不同命。。。

While tongtong was quite wellreceived by her sg peers, maybe coe she is plastic ebough, tiffany, being reserved, felt left out. When she signed on with sg mediacorp...

As such, other than atending star awards once, she never quite showed up much in public events here.

She changed her name, hoping to change her fate.. but guess it didnt work.

Rip, tiffany leong,

• G_M changed the title to Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)
  • Guest locked and locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.