Male HQ

Do you think that people nowadays are too self-entitled?

Guest Ravi

6 hours ago, Guest Ravi said:

Yes there seems to have been an increase because of the amount of privileges becoming a normality... But it's not fair to make sweeping statements because it also means you're saying that you are also self entitled. 

Hopefully you are not and those who are, do wake up in their reality. 

Have a wonderful day.

Speaking loudly, suffers softly. Smiles so wide, cuts unseen inside.

Bitin' the bullet, but never kick the bucket.

On the contrary, I think people here has been walked over and pushed over by others too often in the past already. For instance, I was told by a bitch that I should be the one to change my seat because I told her not to disturb the peace in the quiet room with her loud typing on her computer. I ticked her off when she told me to do that. So who is the self-entitled person here - is she the self-entitled one who insisted that she is maintaining the peace as long as she is not talking, or am I the self-entitled person for insisting on peace in the quiet room? Even putting our daily matters aside for a while, it was ridiculous for people to change our NATIONAL CONSTITUTION set by our founding fathers, just so that a particular Malay woman can become our President. Who is the self-entitled entity here - the one changing the constitution under a claim that they are doing it for people’’s benefit, or the one whose constitution got changed against their wishes? We need to stand up for our own rights now, unless people claims that it is a form of self-entitlement to do so.

U use ear plugs..

Tell her to use rubberized keyboard.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

3 minutes ago, fab said:

U use ear plugs..

Tell her to use rubberized keyboard.

You carry ear plugs everywhere huh? Besides, why should I stick two pieces of earplugs into my ears so that she can disturb the peace in a public place which is supposed to be quiet in the first place? Am I a case of self-entitlement, or is she? Her keyboard is indeed rubberised. It’s one of those thin keyboards that comes with the iPad or Surface. But she bangs on her keyboard as if the buttons are so hard to press down. 

No I don't.

I m not difficult to please.

You r a fault finder. You must learn to be more tolerant.

You think she's so dumb to hurt her own fingers to irritate you?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest more blown up
23 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Rude guest on rampage!  Are they from the same IP address? 

Guess who it is?

Who would use every chance at BW to write something political, even if it doesn't fit to the topic, just to make a comment on political matters.

People start a thread about Jewel and he will write about poverty of Singaporeans and local PME losing jobs and adding falsehoods just to make a point. Now he can even link the topic to changing the constitution for presidential elections under a simple question of "More Self entitled people nowadays".

Just jump the the Schooling thread and you know of what Guest person we are talking about.

Guest Eyeballs flippers
19 hours ago, Guest Ravi said:

Self-entitled mentality don't come overnight.  They were brought up through a series of journey -  studying, pampering, nannying, comparing, bullying, following, reading,  advertisements,  seeing....and than formed an opinion that they have to deserve the best of everything and didn't want to lose out to others. 

59 minutes ago, FattChoy said:

What's there to think? It's well documented that millenials are so spoiled from growing up in abundance that they are ultra-entitled.

That's why they only last 2 months on each job.

I know one local millennial who rejected a $4,000/month job offer because she felt it was not enough. Mind you, she has a very generic Arts degree with no working experience. $4,000/month can 偷笑 already; still reject.  :doh: 

And I've heard other similar stories from different local millennials. 

(I am considered a Gen X'er.)

I find that whenever I give a millennial a gift, like a birthday or Christmas present (usually they are my friends' children), they just take and don't say 'thank you' at all.

Or if they were not around, and I passed the gift to their parents, when they see me the following week, they don't even smile at you or acknowledge the gift. Just act like they don't know you.  

3 hours ago, fab said:

No I don't.

I m not difficult to please.

You r a fault finder. You must learn to be more tolerant.

You think she's so dumb to hurt her own fingers to irritate you?

If you are not difficult to please, you won't call others to be fault finders. 

Of course she's not dumb to hurt her own fingers. But she's dumb enough to whack her keyboard unnecessarily hard. Are you so deaf to have never heard people banging on their keyboards, or are you so dumb not to realize that there are people doing so?

3 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Rude guest on rampage!  Are they from the same IP address? 

Rude only to hypocrites who deserves rudeness, especially to those who will go goo goo and gah gah over si angmohs and turn a blind eye to their rude words, while criticizing locals for repeating the same rude words written by those si angmohs. 

3 hours ago, Guest more blown up said:

Guess who it is?

Who would use every chance at BW to write something political, even if it doesn't fit to the topic, just to make a comment on political matters.

People start a thread about Jewel and he will write about poverty of Singaporeans and local PME losing jobs and adding falsehoods just to make a point. Now he can even link the topic to changing the constitution for presidential elections under a simple question of "More Self entitled people nowadays".

Just jump the the Schooling thread and you know of what Guest person we are talking about.

Lol.... Ok... Let's talk about gay sex then. Let's talk about cocks and asses. I guess that's what gay forums are all about, isn't it? Gosh.. This forum has indeed fallen from the fun place it used to be decades ago, to the current forum of sleaze that the new forummers are trying to get it to be, hasn't it? Really about self entitlement here... Hahahahaha... 

very common nowadays:

1. average looking guy with no job or still a student wants to have a muscular good looking hot guy.

2. No job experience will reject an interview because its too far to travel

3. I only want ang moh for bf because i want a higher social status

4. Im only make friends with people same with my race and level.

So maybe? 

Guest Try and see
7 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

very common nowadays:

3. I only want ang moh for bf because i want a higher social status

I know some local girls who are like that - some even openly declare that they will only date ang moh guys.

Also, when S'porean guys comment or post on their FB, they will either ignore or reply in an uncivil manner.

But when an ang moh guy posts or comment on their FB, they will reply very sweetly.  [rolls eyes]

17 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You carry ear plugs everywhere huh? Besides, why should I stick two pieces of earplugs into my ears so that she can disturb the peace in a public place which is supposed to be quiet in the first place? Am I a case of self-entitlement, or is she? Her keyboard is indeed rubberised. It’s one of those thin keyboards that comes with the iPad or Surface. But she bangs on her keyboard as if the buttons are so hard to press down. 

The first rule is to always help yourself out of the situation first. If you cant stand the noise then move yourself. Asking her to stop because u dont feel comfortable means u are the self entitlement. The place is big. Move your big ass.

2 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

I know some local girls who are like that - some even openly declare that they will only date ang moh guys.

Also, when S'porean guys comment or post on their FB, they will either ignore or reply in an uncivil manner.

But when an ang moh guy posts or comment on their FB, they will reply very sweetly.  [rolls eyes]

You are not into girls anyway. Why is it an issue to you?

I agree, there are local girls who chase white guys. The reasons I heard were various. Yes, I admit, there was an amount more looking into social status or the thick pocket of the Ang Moh.

But from my personal experience, most local girls are still into Singaporean or Asian guys, it is still a big majority who does not look out for Ang Mohs or is not at all interested into Ang Moh.

On the other hand, most of my Ang Moh friends came here as singles in the best of their age, bursting balls and mostly connected with local girls. Many of them married a local girl, as some years back there was a clear shortage of Ang Moh girls in Singapore. Not all of these Ang Moh friends are happy with their choice..., some even already divorced.  ha ha.

We could start a similar discussion on local boys dating Ang Mohs and the reasons.... ha ha

The coin has always two sides....

also same with gay locals (mostly chinese) you go to tantric and you will see a bunch of them clinging themselves with ang moh guys to the point the ang moh guy are shooing them like flies. I heard with one of my gay friend when he attended a gay party (mix races) they have this part when they play a game and the question is what race or nationality you prefer as a partner, he said only most locals answered they prefer ang moh... hmmmm...

Guest self-obsessed too!

Not just self-entitled but also self-obsessed. Just go to IG and you will notice everyone think they are god send.

If I'm neither good looking nor cute, I rather not be an influencer.  

Interestingly, many of such so-called influencers have no talent at all besides posting photos every minute of their lives that nobody cares.

9 hours ago, Guest Meh said:

The first rule is to always help yourself out of the situation first. If you cant stand the noise then move yourself. Asking her to stop because u dont feel comfortable means u are the self entitlement. The place is big. Move your big ass.

You mean if someone made your environment so toxic that you are unable to take it anymore, you will move yourself instead of telling the toxic source to stop her toxicity? What if this is not noise pollution but really chemical toxic pollution? Will you be the one to move out of the country, or will you be telling those toxic dumpsters to stop their act? Don't tell me your logic differs in those two different cases, just because one is a noise pollution and the other is chemical pollution. 

Guest funchub

why cant ppl be self entitled? its their choice and within reasonable behaviour. for example, typing loudly, usually when someone is tying very fast, it would sound loud (even someone tying on a smart phone very fast with the button sound on is quite irritating as well).

if someone dont want to take a lower paying job, so be it..plenty of others want the job (but when too many dont want to take these job, dont blame the bosses for turning to FT. Even a poor performing FT is better than nobody.

If someone only want a stud at the sauna, there are plenty of other horny guys. why must that stud give it away to any guy...its not a charity.

If the new generation wants to be a snow flake...so be it. in a democracy, the majority wins. Just like when the public said being gay is wrong and gays are being entitled to want recognition, pushing for acceptance..why cant gays be happy when gov already leave them alone....sometimes i see that we become like these public....saying "why cant they be happy with a stable job...what cant they be happy with what they have....why must they promote themselves....majority dont care, so why they still like that.....

Guest Try and see
15 minutes ago, Guest funchub said:

why cant ppl be self entitled? its their choice and within reasonable behaviour.

if someone dont want to take a lower paying job, so be it..plenty of others want the job 

If the new generation wants to be a snow flake...so be it. in a democracy, the majority wins. 

Just like when the public said being gay is wrong and gays are being entitled to want recognition, pushing for acceptance..

What Kimochi said above my post is correct.

If you want to act entitled, and only accept job offers that pay more than $7,000/month even though you are only a fresh grad with a generic Arts degree, go ahead.

Just don't wonder or complain if you remain unemployed for years, or if people never ask you out because they cannot stand the sight of you.

Also, don't confuse being gay and being self-entitled. They are two separate things. People didn't choose to be gay, but being self-entitled is purely a personal conscious decision.

Guest funchub
1 hour ago, Kimochi said:

You can be self-entitled , become anything. Just know the consequences and face it and not create trouble and run away from it. 

irony is those that are not self entitled and took the lower pay job...complains why young gradute can get a high paying job with no ezperience....just as a self entitled young person complains why its not them with the high pay job.

As for being gay, these dayd we are talking about more than just being gay, one can choose from many sexual affiliation that out there.....to many younger people nowdays, being a normal gay is boring. they think they are above being just gay...but all i can say is, its your choice, do what you think is best for you....regardless your choice, you will eventually complain (we are singaporean after all, even if we have a lot more than others...we will still complain its nit fair, why others have more)

its like comparing BFs...who's is better, especially one you see a 'uglier' or less successful person landing a hot guy with great personality.....and theirs is a lesser version....

Guest kings n queens

But I see a correlation between self-entitlement and wrong education or selfish "values" instilled to kids by parents.

Many self entitled attitudes by a certain generation are consequences of wrong education and giving children a feeling they are kings. I would say earlier generations fitted in better or took a look to take their place. Today parents even scold teachers or write complaints to principals even if kids were rightly shown their wrong!

Our company hired a young lady in her first job who after working 2 weeks in our office as a Business Development Manager due to her background with a Master in marketing and communications wanted to re-invent the whole company. Sure some improvements might have been suitable or justified but it seemed everything was wrong. Instead of compiling a list what to change as the most junior staff she instructed the employees on how to do their job. She never thought of talking to the boss or pointing out the wrong handling, focus, marketing errors etc first before instructing the existing staff.

I took her to a coffee and found out how her "perfection" (or her thinking she is) was instilled by her parents. She was first priority at everything. Her parents made her feel as "supergirl".

When she was confronted at the office, it was probably the first time she was objected or told off.

Another point is most older generations had plenty siblings, you weren't singular! This is different to 1 child or even 2 child generations nowadays. And most of them are pampered and protected. Self-entitlement comes from somewhere. I see many behaviours are derived from wrong education by parents who fail to instill proper values and consideration to others. Mostly it is : Me first...

Guest Try and see
15 minutes ago, Guest kings n queens said:

But I see a correlation between self-entitlement and wrong education or selfish "values" instilled to kids by parents.

Many self entitled attitudes by a certain generation are consequences of wrong education and giving children a feeling they are kings. I would say earlier generations fitted in better or took a look to take their place. Today parents even scold teachers or write complaints to principals even if kids were rightly shown their wrong!

Our company hired a young lady in her first job who after working 2 weeks in our office as a Business Development Manager due to her background with a Master in marketing and communications wanted to re-invent the whole company. Sure some improvements might have been suitable or justified but it seemed everything was wrong. Instead of compiling a list what to change as the most junior staff she instructed the employees on how to do their job. She never thought of talking to the boss or pointing out the wrong handling, focus, marketing errors etc first before instructing the existing staff.

I took her to a coffee and found out how her "perfection" (or her thinking she is) was instilled by her parents. She was first priority at everything. Her parents made her feel as "supergirl".

When she was confronted at the office, it was probably the first time she was objected or told off.

Another point is most older generations had plenty siblings, you weren't singular! This is different to 1 child or even 2 child generations nowadays. And most of them are pampered and protected. Self-entitlement comes from somewhere. I see many behaviours are derived from wrong education by parents who fail to instill proper values and consideration to others. Mostly it is : Me first...

Very well-said and true!

I know one family like that also. When their kids were young, the parents arranged the whole house around them e.g. the parents dared not even ask their kids to help out in household chores, so that they can have more time for their studies.

End result: their kids achieved very brilliant school results, but are extremely self-centred when it comes to the way they interact with other people.

3 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

Also, don't confuse being gay and being self-entitled. They are two separate things. People didn't choose to be gay, but being self-entitled is purely a personal conscious decision.

AH HA! This is exactly the best discussion point here!

To gays, asking for our rights may not be about us trying to be self-entitled. However, to the straights, this is indeed self-entitlement. To you, people didn't choose to become gay. But don't forget, there are indeed some people who can still choose to become gays, just like how some gays may choose to become (or pretend to become) "straights" by getting married and having children. 

So the point is: Who is to tell anyone that he is being self-entitled, or he is exercising his own rights? 

For example, are the HK rioters really a whole bunch of self-entitled citizens, or are they exercising their own rights in opposing the suggestion of the 2019 HK extradition Bill which started all this? 

On 12/12/2019 at 1:42 AM, Guest Raj said:

I  graduated with Computer Engineering degree and got an offer from an IT firm in Singapore. Free flight ticket, board and lodging for a month plus allowance. The base salary is 8k. Is it good enough for someone who has 6 months of work experience and first time to be in singapore? I should start on January 6.Hoping to meet new friends as well.

On 12/11/2019 at 2:35 AM, Guest Ravi said:

On 11/14/2019 at 1:52 AM, Guest Renjit said:

In general, moat of the Chinese guys I dated, my only complain is they easily gets sour smell. Even 30 mins after taking shower, they start to smell funny. Good thing my latest fling is a Taiwanese guy. He smells good.

Don't mind the troll who post as an Indian to stir shit!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.