Male HQ

All about Covid-19 Discussion in Singapore (compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
11 minutes ago, leo yok loo said:

To the great leaders, 1000 cases is nothing. 4 die??? All die also no big deal to them...That is why you still see kids going to school happily. 

All die, can import more foreigners into Singapore. 

Interesting perspective on the current trend of gays doing homeworkouts even when the world is panicking over COVID-19:

Coronavirus Outbreak Reveals Just How Deep Body Image Issues Are In The Gay Community

Make no mistake, any gay man currently stressing over the gym closures are well aware of how trivial his concerns are in relation to what is happening around the world. That explains why both of my friends who shared their concerns earlier in this article requested to be anonymous.

Yet, they most certainly aren’t alone in their worries. Just hop onto Instagram now and you will be flooded with stories featuring home workouts and tips.

Of course, not every gay man feels compelled to conform to conventional standards of beauty. But an overwhelming 84% of gay men feel intense pressure to have a so-called ‘good body’ according to this survey by Attitude Magazine. In that same survey, only 1% of respondents reported being ‘very happy’ with their appearance. When you have numbers like that, dismissing them as having low self-esteem would be too simplistic a route to take.

The coronavirus outbreak may have upended our lives in unimaginable ways. But even it was not enough to mitigate the deep body image issues that plague the gay community.

That in itself, should be serious cause for concern.

https://dearstraightpeople.com/2020/03/31/coronavirus-gay-community/

Guest dusty carpet
7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

68 years old, and a Work Pass holder. And I don’t know just what type of job it is, but his job can actually allow him to remain out of the country to be in Indonesia for almost 2 months, and he came here just at the onset of the illness? This COVID19 situation in Singapore is really exposing a lot of dust under the carpet...Lol. 

Lucky your house doesn't have a carpet. But I am sure it has a lot of dust. 

The guy can be a Company director and ran a successful multi million company in Singapore, his wife might have gone back to Indonesia because she did not like it here, maybe she even didn't. How do you know?

And what do you know about life and work?

Maybe he got another company doing the production line in Indonesia and he always shifted his work here an there to oversee the other company in Indonesia. 

Your thinking is too one sided and suspecting  others taking advantages.

Maybe the tax payments of his company in Singapore are much higher than you can imagine and probably more than what you ever paid in your own tax, if you ever paid any taxes (other than GST) in Singapore at all, which I doubt much. 

I just wonder what you have achieved? Actually, don't think you achieved much in your life from the way you look at others. 

Eventually you will note there are Singaporeans who run various companies overseas as well and some of them are even PR or work pass holders in these countries. 

Do you intend to tell the governments in these countries where the Singaporeans work the same and not to allow the Singaporeans to remain in these countries???

And what do you intend to tell those Singaporeans who keep their PR and work passes, even if they no longer stay in those oversea countries? 

Before uttering bad words about someone who just deceased, think first before pinning down a post. Your post is disrespectful to this human being.  

You should be ashamed of yourself. 

Guest Guest
5 minutes ago, Guest dusty carpet said:

The guy can be a Company director and ran a successful multi million company in Singapore, his wife might have gone back to Indonesia because she did not like it here, maybe she even didn't. How do you know?

Maybe he got another company doing the production line in Indonesia and he always shifted his work here an there to oversee the other company in Indonesia. 

Maybe the tax payments of his company in Singapore are much higher than you can imagine and probably more than what you ever paid in your own tax, if you ever paid any taxes (other than GST) in Singapore at all, which I doubt much. 

I just wonder what you have achieved? Actually, don't think you achieved much in your life from the way you look at others. 

Eventually you will note there are Singaporeans who run various companies overseas as well and some of them are even PR or work pass holders in these countries. 

Do you intend to tell the governments in these countries where the Singaporeans work the same and not to allow the Singaporeans to remain in these countries???

And what do you intend to tell those Singaporeans who keep their PR and work passes, even if they no longer stay in those oversea countries? 

Before uttering bad words about someone who just deceased, think first before pinning down a post. Your post is disrespectful to this human being.  

You know you are really so full of fairy-tale shit? The extent you are going to defend foreigners is almost laughable.  https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/work-pass-general/can-s-pass-or-work-permit-holders-be-registered-as-company-directors 

Can S Pass or Work Permit holders be registered as company directors? What are the consequences of doing so?

No. S Pass or Work Permit holders are not allowed to carry on or manage any business in Singapore. As such, they cannot register themselves as sole-proprietors, partners or directors of any Singapore-registered company.

By doing so, they will have infringed the work pass conditions and their work passes will be revoked. They will also need to serve an employment ban.

Now we close schools for a day each week n let the kids study at home. Can anyone tell me what is the difference of a single day in a week. 1 out of 5??

Now i heard our spore top medical expert is reviewing the mask policy ( wear or no wear) n yet to come out with a decision. Still taking baby steps in this time of crisis makes me worry.

12 minutes ago, leo yok loo said:

Now we close schools for a day each week n let the kids study at home. Can anyone tell me what is the difference of a single day in a week. 1 out of 5??

Now i heard our spore top medical expert is reviewing the mask policy ( wear or no wear) n yet to come out with a decision. Still taking baby steps in this time of crisis makes me worry.

To start a trial run and prepare for eventual closure of school,  if one day already system hang, how to do 5 days and all levels? 

Spore followed US and WTO unfortunately,  US is planning to ask everyone to wear mask so ya,  we also have to follow,  mask making machine already flown in from Taiwan and they are targeting like 2 million piece per day.

Guest Guest

I am no virologist or epidemiologist. My first hand news to the readers. 

武汉病毒 演变成 新亚型 COVID19 has mutated. 
排毒期长达49天

Light carrier. high positive carrier lasting for >5 week. 
Symptom: High fever for a 2-3 days only then, light fever for 2-3days. Perfectly normal but carrying super high virus load.

Heavy carrier.

Symptom: Fever for 4-5 days only, then fully recovered. Full negative. Fully recovered.

This is no fake news. 
I don't think MOH and WHO know. 

Guest Guest
11 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

mask making machine already flown in from Taiwan and they are targeting like 2 million piece per day.

Hong Kong did that as early as Februrary: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/coronavirus-hong-kongers-set-up-face-mask-factory-amid-panic-buying 

I posted about it when the news came out. But moderators deleted away my posts because someone said ... 

75 yrs SG ah Mah need not died if Gov advise ppl to don mask ...

Guest Guest
15 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

To start a trial run and prepare for eventual closure of school,  if one day already system hang, how to do 5 days and all levels? 

Spore followed US and WTO unfortunately,  US is planning to ask everyone to wear mask so ya,  we also have to follow,  mask making machine already flown in from Taiwan and they are targeting like 2 million piece per day.

Yes, I agree. Singapore MOH followed WTO blindly. 

The only country that defied WHO is Taiwan. Taiwan is the best in fighting this epidemic. 

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Jasvinder Singh Mehar Singh smashed a plate at a restaurant in the hotel, kicked a plastic sign and spat on the floor, shouting: "Corona, corona!"

Another INDIAN! Can someone please tell me, why always such thing involve dark skinned people? 

Guest MAGAKAG
11 hours ago, bluerunner said:

There is not enough beds if every positive case is quarantined in hospital. However, if gahmen could get those tested positive with no obvious symptoms or who are less severe to stay home (aka SHN), that could work better. Community must also cooperate w Gahmen by not flaunting SHN. Otherwise, it will be an uphill task to bring the numbers down. 

Think out of the box... with the current travel lockdown, all the 3 to 4-star hotels can be repurposed to quarantine & treat those tested positive. While our population is small, it is still a formidable task to have all 4-5 millions tested all-at-once, therefore whoever in charge must plan in phases with proper segregation for the tested & untreated cases.

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/coronavirus-covid-19-united-states-cdc-study-symptoms-12600144

COVID-19 can spread 1 to 3 days before symptoms appear, US study on Singapore cases shows

45 minutes ago, leo yok loo said:

That's why it is important to wear a mask in crowded area as you can still get infected by asymtomic carriers who breathe through their mouth. Another extra precaution I'm taking when observing the 1m social distancing rule is to avoid the exact same path taken by those right in front of me, reason being the virus can stay active in the air particles for hours, the split seconds between the 1m distance is simply not effective enough to prevent aerosol transmission. That's why when I'm on the escalators, I make sure to turn my head sideway & hold my breath (or breathe thru nose with mouth closed) for the next few seconds until I hit the landing.

Guest Guest

Majority of COVID-19 cases are 社区感染/群集感染 More people, likely will kenna. 
Majority of SARS cases are from hospital.

COVID-19 initially high virus load asymptomatic. Looks perfectly healthy and normal. Then hospitalisation or quarrantine.
SARS is totally different. Not really incubation. Once kenna, confirm hospitalisation and can die. 

I do not understand why MOH listen to WHO. Worst, MOH has been listening to Wang Linfa, Leo Yee Sin, Vasoo, and Dale Fisher. 

NUS Prof Dale Fisher openly discourage people from wearing mask!

spacer.png

Guest MAGAKAG

That's why when I'm on the escalators, I make sure to turn my head sideway & hold my breath (or breathe thru nose with mouth & *eyes closed) for the next few seconds until I hit the landing.

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

I do not understand why MOH listen to WHO.

Did MOH "listened" to WHO? Or is MOH using the instructions from WHO to justify the Minister's statements? WHO couldn't even concern themselves of the masks or no masks issue when the masks in Singapore flew off the shelves. The WHO instructions had been there for many years, and it was meant for those years when there was no pandemic like this happening. 

Guest Guest

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/all-uk-hospital-staff-and-patients-should-wear-masks-says-doctors-group

WHO considers changing guidance on wearing face masks

Speaking at a Chatham House briefing on Wednesday, Prof David Heymann, an infectious disease expert who led the global response to the SARS outbreak, said that new evidence from Hong Kong had prompted a reconsideration of the role of face masks. “The WHO is debating that tomorrow to understand if there is evidence that would call for a change in what WHO is recommending,” he said.

The data from Hong Kong was shared confidentially with the WHO, but is likely to be published soon, Heymann said. He added that, in reassessing its policy, the WHO would take into account health workers’ need for masks in all countries.

It seems that sporean have been well trained to take Instructions, as an individual,  if u think u need a mask then just wear it,  don't need to wait for govt or WTO to tell u to wear one.

A lot of locals are still very confident without mask,  especially the elderly, first they should stay at home as much as possible and if they come out, should wear a mask since they are considered the high risk group. 

Guest dusty carpet
10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

68 years old, and a Work Pass holder. And I don’t know just what type of job it is, but his job can actually allow him to remain out of the country to be in Indonesia for almost 2 months, and he came here just at the onset of the illness? This COVID19 situation in Singapore is really exposing a lot of dust under the carpet...Lol. 

3 hours ago, Guest dusty carpet said:

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You know you are really so full of fairy-tale shit? The extent you are going to defend foreigners is almost laughable.  https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/work-pass-general/can-s-pass-or-work-permit-holders-be-registered-as-company-directors 

Can S Pass or Work Permit holders be registered as company directors? What are the consequences of doing so?

No. S Pass or Work Permit holders are not allowed to carry on or manage any business in Singapore. As such, they cannot register themselves as sole-proprietors, partners or directors of any Singapore-registered company.

By doing so, they will have infringed the work pass conditions and their work passes will be revoked. They will also need to serve an employment ban.

Sorry, but you just reflected once again to everyone here for knowing near to nothing about Singapore and MOM work passes. 

You are just hitting out at the authorities and people with your biased allegations. 

Who is full of fairy tales ??? Tell it to me? 

There must be much more dust in your house than I initially thought.  

All people on a "Work Pass" in Singapore are grouped in the daily list of MOH on the new Corona infections as Work Pass Holders, in fact as "Singapore Work Pass Holders". 

Long Term Pass Holders are those listed as Dependants (spouse, children) or Long Term Social Visit Passes, who are the spouses of a Work Pass Holder. 

The list does not reflect whether the persons are Employment Pass Holders, Entre Pass Holders or Personalised Pass Holders (and does not reflect if someone is a Worker under a Work Permit or even S Pass). 

It is very obvious you have no knowledge and never understood the listing by MOH but come up with your bias against those people. 

Do you think case 506, a male Australian of 49 years works under a Work Pass as construction or factory worker? 

How about case 437? a male British of 33 years, you seriously want to tell everyone here this guy is a Worker and has a Work Permit working at nights putting cables below the street and crawls down into canals?

How about case 686, a female Brisith  of 39 years working at Dover Court International School? She works under a Work Pass in construction or in a factory? Isn't she a teacher under an Employment Pass? 

How about case 907, a male Dutch guy of 50 years listed as Singapore Work Pass Holder at the MOH list, he works in a factory, cuts trees in Singapore or is one of the grass cutters???

All are listed as Singapore Work Pass Holder in the MOH lists as Singapore Work Pass Holders. The Straits Times, CNA or other newspapers just takes the description of the listing as the individual pass is not specified and name those persons as Singapore Work Pass Holders. But most of them hold Employment Passes I would assume.  

spacer.png

The 68 year old Indonesian who unfortunately died was listed as Singapore Work Pass Holder as all other Foreigners holding any Pass are listed by MOH as "Singapore Work Pass Holder". 

This means the 68 year old Indonesian could have held an Employment Pass, Entre Pass, or Personalised Pass and could have very well been a Director of a company in Singapore. He probably was. 

If you know nothing about Singapore then keep quiet (and refrain from telling others down,

who obviously know more than you about Singapore and how things work in Singapore). 

Guest Guest
16 minutes ago, Guest dusty carpet said:

This means the 68 year old Indonesian could have held an Employment Pass, Entre Pass, or Personalised Pass and could have very well been a Director of a company in Singapore. He probably was. 

Prove it. Prove to us that he holds some kind of an Employment Pass, Entre Pass or whatever Personalised Pass that you claimed he has. 

Furthermore, please show evidence of what you had claimed below saying that

4 hours ago, Guest dusty carpet said:

If this is not fairy tale shit, then what is? Prove it! Show us your evidence of your baseless claims,

31 minutes ago, Guest dusty carpet said:

You are just hitting out at the authorities and people with your biased allegations. 

So who is hitting out with biased allegations now, you foreigner-loving piece of SHIT! 

Guest Guest
21 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Message  from  Supermarket  Staff

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

Just because we are open doesn't mean we are here for you to spend your time BROWSING around. We are designated as an ESSENTIAL SERVICE.  We are not here for you because you have nothing else to do.  We are not here for you because you feel like getting out of the house for awhile.  We are in a STATE OF EMERGENCY.  This is NOT A VACATION!  Every customer who walks in our doors PUTS US AT RISK.  We really don't want to be here, but we realise that we are needed.  YOU don't see how many times a day we wash and sanitise our hands to try to keep ourselves safe.  YOU don't see our upset co-workers in the break room struggling to keep their composure.  YOU don't see our family who worry about us every minute we are at work and who are our strength when we get home.  We have our jobs to do and we realise the IMPORTANCE OF OUR JOB TO YOU.  The LEAST you can do is come in with a sense of purpose, get what you need, and get yourselves HOME.  Please share, maybe we can get the message out there.

We all know you do not have any high opinions of Singaporeans even in times like this. But is the situation at the Singapore supermarkets calling for Singaporeans NOT to browse?? You yourself have started another thread talking about COVID19 in countries outside of SG and MY, and this notice was put up OVERSEAS! https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/supermarket-workers-powerful-message-store-18025546  Why are you posting it here? 

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I do not understand why MOH listen to WHO. Worst, MOH has been listening to Wang Linfa, Leo Yee Sin, Vasoo, and Dale Fisher. 

NUS Prof Dale Fisher openly discourage people from wearing mask!

Professor Dale Fisher, group director of medicine at the National University Health System and chair of the World Health Organisation's Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network.

Guest dusty carpet
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:
12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Prove it. Prove to us that he holds some kind of an Employment Pass, Entre Pass or whatever Personalised Pass that you claimed he has. 

Furthermore, please show evidence of what you had claimed below saying that

If this is not fairy tale shit, then what is? Prove it! Show us your evidence of your baseless claims,

So who is hitting out with biased allegations now, you foreigner-loving piece of SHIT! 

OMG. Lost your face already  in front of everyone here and still want to fight on? 

Why don't you show us evidence whether the 68 year old Indonesian only had a S-Pass or Work Permit (construction/ factory worker) and was not qualified to be a Company Director??? 

If you can't then don't write such things here! You tried to tell a fairy tale about this person. Have some respect for this person please. 

Your post was disrespectful to the person and shameful! 

It is clear to everyone here: You did not know what your were talking about and wrongly thought this deceased 68y old Indonesian is on a Work Permit (instead of work pass) and assumed the deceased late 68y old Indonesian on Covid19 has only a work permit and doing some job like a construction worker.  

I don't need to bring evidence because I made clear in my initial response that he "can" be or I wrote "maybe". My sole intention was to rebut your allegation for the man to be a "Worker" under a work permit as you did inclusive of your disrespectful allegation for him having reaped off something in Singapore. In my post I was giving examples for his situation which could have been much different as you intended people to believe here and painting him as a manual worker. That Indonesian Covid 19 deceased person probably contributed much more to Singapore than you ever have. 

It is very obvious and logic for a 68y old Indonesian on a Singapore Work Pass to be a Company Director or a Manager of a LLP. 

Otherwise please tell the readers here of any Work Permit Holder in Singapore being 68y old and working under a Work Permit as street cleaner, grass cutter, factory worker or in any other low skilled manual jobs?

Please don't forget to give us evidence. 

I don't require to proof anything because it is very logic for him to be a Company Director at his age. If you are not happy you can always write to MOM and seek information with them. 

My post made very clear  to everyone at BW: you had no knowledge on the matter and you wrongly assumed all resident Foreigners at MOH's Covid listings being listed as "Singapore Work Pass Holders" are low skilled manual workers. But the majority is not. They are just listed under the category of "Singapore Work Pass Holders". 

I am not going to further entertain your useless fights you tend to pick up at every corner. Fight with someone else please. 

Guest Guest

8 minutes ago, Guest dusty carpet said:

OMG. Lost your face already  in front of everyone here and still want to fight on? 

The person who lost is face is you and all your biased assumption that he is some kind of a DIRECTOR who set up some MULTI-MILLION COMPANY here in Singapore. Yeah ... right! In your DREAMS! 

6 minutes ago, Guest dusty carpet said:

I am not going to further entertain your useless fights you tend to pick up at every corner. Fight with someone else please. 

You are the one to come here to pick fights anyway. LOL! Good riddance to bad rubbish like you. Bye bye! 

What is happening? About a quarter of yesterday's 74 cases and today's 49 cases are from India and Bangladesh, did authority tell them social distancing and don't hold hands? Mustafa Centre had became a new cluster as well as dormitory which is a warm bed for virus. IMH staff still can go India in March,  brainless or brain damage? Everyday 50, 60 cases very fast hit 2000 by end Apr leh. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Guest
14 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

IMH staff still can go India in March,  brainless or brain damage?

Maybe the type of craziness she encounter at work is also infectious. 

Guest Guest
18 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

D3-C7853-E-EFA3-4214-AF3-C-465-B51-AA14-

I have seen people with my own eyes, their handphones are super nice and expensive!

Many people are jobless for a long time, Gov't giving these funds to rich people who lost jobs in COVID-19?! 

Niin-Naao-Hiaar! Gov't stupid! HSK really ... ...

Guest Guest

By the way, these people who seek relief fund not only carrying expensive handphones, atas manicure, good facial and driving nice cars too! 

I am jobless for quite a long while but I don't qualify and many people don't qualify. Zceng-Hoo really Puah-CB,

Guest Guest

if anyone got any resources to spare, they can jolly well go use it fight this COVID19 situation, regardless if they are doing safe-distance ambassadors or joining the contact tracing team. But noooooo...some people still want to insist on elections in such times. It doesn't matter if safe practices are put in place for the election process. Nothing is safer than not going for election, not needing to go out, and not needing to be there to throw some stupid paper physically into some stupid physical boxes. 

This is so telling of what our leaders are all about nowadays: their election into power is so much more important than our health. 

Becos,

19 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

if anyone got any resources to spare, they can jolly well go use it fight this COVID19 situation, regardless if they are doing safe-distance ambassadors or joining the contact tracing team. But noooooo...some people still want to insist on elections in such times. It doesn't matter if safe practices are put in place for the election process. Nothing is safer than not going for election, not needing to go out, and not needing to be there to throw some stupid paper physically into some stupid physical boxes. 

This is so telling of what our leaders are all about nowadays: their election into power is so much more important than our health. 

Because only during this time that pinky n his party thought they have taken out a lot people's money from reserve to help the sinkies  with great loads.

So this is a good opportunity for them to garner more votes!

Edited by jlone

Guest stop this!

19 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Another INDIAN! Can someone please tell me, why always such thing involve dark skinned people? 

Please refrain from posting such one sided comments. Stop pointing fingers at one ethnic group. 

This is a human being and his behaviour is not linked to his skin colour. 

Can you tell me why such things involve other races too? 

Here look at the following youtube an incident just 2 weeks back: The people don't look so dark skinned to me: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsUbw4ijRXU

Singapore Jalan Kukoh Hawker Center Fighting

Incident took place on Sunday, 15/Mar/2020, 7:30pm - 8:00pm at the ground level of Blk 1 Jalan Kukoh.

People from other ethnic backgrounds are not immune to any such incidents. It does not serve anything in pointing at one group. As a Singaporean you should have learned not to generalise or ignore people from all origins have black sheep. 

Please refrain from fingerpointing against one single ethnic. It does not serve anything but only stirs ill-feelings and emotions. No ethnic group is perfect!!!

And if you are gay, then learn to act according to the rainbow colours. The more colours the rainbow has the more beautiful and enjoyable! 

On 3/22/2020 at 3:19 PM, singalion said:

I don't think the SG gov was one step behind.

Compared to many other countries reaction/action was quite prompt.

E.g. Incoming travel restrictions, disallowing events.

I understand the SG gov tried to keep the economy running as best as they can. That's why no lockout was implemented so far. To concile both isn't an easy task.

Sure, there are errors on the road.

I m not sure if it's good to reopen schools tomorrow. I m not sure if these distancing measures are sufficient. Shopping malls, public places still seem very crowded, the jogging track near my place was utilised as usually.

Public transport is not covered by distancing measures.

I personally think the gov tries to avoid implementing a lockdown as such measure could be seen as if the gov hasn't done enough to contain the spread.

But closure of restaurants, eateries, hawkers, non essential businesses could be implemented soon if the local infections increase. Maybe 500 infected cases is the number...

On 3/24/2020 at 11:14 AM, singalion said:

Look I m not a Government officer, working in the MOH or member of the cabinet in Singapore. I don't have such background details.

The population is 5.7 mil here, maybe the number is 570. Maybe it is 1000 or 1140. I can just guess and assume.

I m quite sure there is a certain number, when a lockdown will be inevitable.

Maybe the put the number around 500 for local transmission. There we are somewhere around 245 *(don't have the actual number on hand now).

Straits Times today:

The number of Covid-19 cases rose past 1,000 this week.

Looks like my prediction made some days ago of 500 local transmissions was quite accurate (and more than 1000 infected overall) for the Government to decide on a shut down in Singapore.

Happy working for all from home starting from next week for one month...

Guest Guest

Recap for all readers.

Singapore Government and local medical experts say NO to everything!

[1] No evidence Covid-19 can spread through air-con systems (By Leo Yee Sin)

[2] No evidence of airborne spread, says Health Ministry (By Kenneth Mak)

[3] No proof of asymptomatic transmission of coronavirus (By Shawn Vasoo)

[4] Coronavirus cannot be spread through the air (By Leong Hoe Nam)

[5] Coronavirus is not airborne (By Janil Puthucheary)

[6] "Refuse and discouraging people from wearing mask" (By Dale Fisher)

I wonder, all of you agree? Can these medical experts be trusted?

[Sent by Gov.sg - 3 Apr]

COVID-19 situation

Local cases in SG have risen

- Despite contact tracing, half of cases unlinked
- New clusters in foreign worker dorms, nursing home

We need to apply a circuit breaker now for 1 month
- Reduces risk of big outbreak
- Bring numbers down

Details will follow soon, in summary: 

For workplaces - from 7 Apr
✔️ Remain open:
- Essential svcs: Food outlets, markets, supermarkets, clinics, hospitals, utilities, transport, key banking services
- Economic sectors: strategic or part of global supply chain
To close:
- Most workplaces
➡️ Staff that can work from home must do so

For schools - from 8 Apr
- Schools & IHLs: Full Home-Based Learning
- Preschools, student care: Closed

For everyone
- Stay at home, as much as possible
- Avoid socialising beyond immediate family, esp. elderly & vulnerable
- Go out only for essentials: eg buy food back, exercise at parks at safe distance

#SGUnited

Guest Guest
13 minutes ago, singalion said:

Looks like my prediction made some days ago of 500 local transmissions was quite accurate (and more than 1000 infected overall) for the Government to decide on a shut down in Singapore.

BW member shyc mentioned, Singapore never ever lockdown

IF really going to lockdown, Wanbao, Zaobao, ST will 100% give hint 1-2 days earlier.  

Guest Guest

We really should be hanging those who came here to discourage the use of mask last time. It was just plain common sense and those guys contributed to the rise in infection. 

Coronavirus: Singapore Govt will no longer discourage wearing of masks, to give reusable masks to all households

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/coronavirus-govt-will-no-longer-discourage-wearing-of-masks-to-give-reusable-masks

(早报讯)本地今天新增65起新冠病病例,当中56起是本土感染病例,其中17起暂与其他病例无关。

卫生部今天(4月3日)在抗疫跨部门工作小组透露,这65起新病例当中有9起境外输入病例,另有39起与其他病例或感染群相关,剩余17起暂与其他病例无关。

这使我国总病例达1114起,在加护病房的病患也从23人增加至25人。

30 minutes ago, dexter9898 said:

Taiwan should thank President Xi for his wise decision as China banned their people from visiting Taiwan since July 2019. No China Chinese = no transmission.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49178314

All their cases are mostly imported from business men/women that have worked or have factories in China.

Yeap and they are not so "international" as compared to say SG and HK with lots of foreign workers,  HK is also "blessed" by the 6 month protest before the outbreak of the virus, otherwise their numbers would not be that low. 

Shouldn't they have implement full home-based learning right after the March school holidays? I do not comprehend why it wasn't done in the first place and only to make a U-turn on this policy two weeks later.

Edited by WheelofTime
grammatical edits

2 minutes ago, WheelofTime said:

Shouldn't they have implement full home-based learning right after the March school holidays? I do not comprehend why it wasn't done in the first place and only to make a U-turn on this policy two weeks later.

Maybe need sometime to test and fine-tune the whole system + getting everyone ready for it,  the one day on-line learning was a trial test. 

• G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic