Male HQ

All about Covid-19 Discussion in Singapore (compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest repeated said:

On the part of the spreading of the virus, you can't come with HIV because it is (mostly) sexually transmitted and not by simply breathing or getting a bunch of droplets into the face from a Covid19 infected person. The virus spread is too different to compare these scenarios and putting up this wrong analogy demonstrates your lack of understanding of Covid19.

Sure, the use of HIV as an example is because this virus is most feared and understood by people visiting this site. However, if you want to be so specific and talk only about airborne virus, why don't you tell me if airborne diseases such as tuberculosis, chicken pox, and measles are only transmissible when the symptoms starts showing, or are the carriers also contagious even before the symptoms show? 

1 hour ago, Guest repeated said:

You forgot to mention at the onset of Covid19 the transmission of the virus through aerosol particles was denied and the focus had been made by infections caused from droplets after sneezing and coughing.

All the more wearing of the masks should have been encouraged at the beginning! Furthermore, do you really think social distancing of 1-2 meters is going to stop coughing/sneezing droplets from reaching you ( https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/how-far-do-coughs-and-sneezes-travel/ )? I am not even talking about "aerosols" here. And you still want to promote the notion that "Distancing is much more important (than wearing a mask) because the aerosols will not reach the other person if sufficient distance to an infected person has been kept" ? 

2 hours ago, Guest repeated said:

I will not repeat the topic again as I already vastly pointed out the dangers of solely relying on mask wearing as preventive measure against any Covid19 infection and the requirement for safe distancing to keep any transmission by aerosols at bay.

Now, I did not suggest the sole reliance of mask wearing alone as a preventive measure against any Covid19 infection. Just like you, I don't appreciate if others try to add things into my posts, I have already wrote in my post that I agree social distancing can help reduce the spread. I wrote this already in my post from yesterday. Dun intend to repeat again. Read it again please and read all. However, I disagree with your statement that ""Distancing is much more important (than wearing a mask) because the aerosols will not reach the other person if sufficient distance to an infected person has been kept", and this is clearly wrong and is a dangerous advice. 

Do you know the difference of handing out masks to a certain part of the population and the self collection of masks at certain locations made available by the Government?

(blah blah blah blah blah)

As such the Government of Taiwan did not distribute the masks to every citizen but requested the majority of citizens to self collect these masks at certain centers.

Do you get it now???

So, self-collection of the mask is not a form of mask distribution now? Look who's being overly petty and a word quibbler, it is troublesome to having repeatedly to note your lack of understanding and comprehension of simple matters. 

Newer research has lead to different conclusions. I made very clear at my posts for having referred to the most recent research results but I assume you must have neglected to see this.

The same applies to the distancing recommendations resulting from the new research papers. This is new information.

And finally, I really do not need research to prove the common sense to wear mask to protect myself ... 

Signs – Maker 54

Guest ahpek
2 hours ago, leo yok loo said:

Oh i see...now i understand..grassroot leaders.......no wonder so well managed hor.

客工有救了

谢天谢地。

lucky they aren't subcontractrors from AHPETC

Guest lespuss

Cases 1842 and 1962 are both 26 year-old Singaporean women who are doctors at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. They are close contacts, and both have no recent travel history to affected countries or regions.

Lesbians???

Guest Guest

In terms of the number of infected per million population, Singapore is now the highest in the whole Asia with 360 people infected per million people.

The world's average is 209 people infected per million people, and we are the only Asian country right now above the world's average.

The next closest in Asia is South Korea, and their number is at 204. 

Numbers don't tell lies. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 

Guest public transport

spacer.png

Just now, Guest public transport said:

Being MRT staff, but still dun want to wear mask?

they sure not asymptomatic COVID-19?

https://ibb.co/D7cVyj2

Guest Guest
51 minutes ago, Guest public transport said:

spacer.png

Isn't that Khaw over there? I'm more curious what event is this and when? Not wearing mask is not illegal. But gatherings of any size, including non-essential ones, is illegal now. 

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore/netizens-call-out-some-of-the-younger-generation-for-having-a-cavalier-attitude-towards-social-distancing/ar-BB12r8Dz?li=BBr8Cnr

THE PPLE INTERVIEWED IN THE VIDEO.. ARE THE ROOT THE VERY ROOT OF EVIL

Although the video was made before the “circuit breaker” took full effect, the footage shows crowds and people sitting closely together.

One young man said that social distancing doesn’t apply to all places, as he said he had gone to the market with his mother, where it was “so hectic and crowded.”

One woman said, “So what’s the difference? Everywhere is crowded…we don’t think it’s legit.”

Another said she had travelled two and a half weeks before, but she was “perfectly fine.”

A young man was heard saying, “As long as we practice basic hygiene, I think we’ll be fine in Singapore. It’s a very selfish thing to say, but even if I’m infected, it’s my problem. It’s very personal, actually.”

And a young woman answered, “I’m not saying I’m not scared, but, if I really get it then okay lor. Like, just get it and then recover. Even if I were to get it I’m confident that the healthcare system will help me recover in time."

Edited by single42

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

In terms of the number of infected per million population, Singapore is now the highest in the whole Asia with 360 people infected per million people.

The world's average is 209 people infected per million people, and we are the only Asian country right now above the world's average.

This is still far from what we have in America.  Nearly half a million people infected!   In a country of 320 million people

This comes to 1,560 people infected per million !!  And with 18,500 deaths :(   A 4% mortality.

Something went terribly wrong in the US.  And we know what was the main cause !!  It starts with a "T"...

Edited by Steve5380

On 4/1/2020 at 11:30 AM, lonelyglobe said:

Incapable team + sporean's "don't care" attitude explain why we are hitting the thousand mark today or if lucky by tomorrow. Community transmission is slowly creeping in as the number of local transmission and unknown link cases continue to soar. 

Yes, people generally don't care and over confidence in our health care system,  I wonder how they handle with such a big spike,  just in 10 days we have double from just a thousand to 2108 cases and if this trend continues, we would easily hit 4000 by end of the month and that will be the real disaster. 

Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator

This argument is really ridiculous. I can't take anything seriously when I see somebody twisting other people's words around and then calling the original person a liar. The only goalpost moving I see is the person trying to change the meaning of what someone else already wrote in clear and concise English. You can't take three words out of a phrase featuring ten words and then use that to call someone a liar or a goalpost shifter. Even a primary three student is smarter than to attempt such a lousy pathetic trick.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:33 AM, Guest Guest said:
On 4/9/2020 at 9:15 AM, Guest Juxtaposed Yourself said:

Permanent Residents and Long Term Pass Holders have chosen to live and make their lives in Singapore and are not foreigners in the sense that temporary workers are. Take your sniveling bitchass xenophobia, as well as your constant attempted othering, and shove all of it up your dildo-enlarged incel ass.

Right ... I guess they will be voting together with us in the coming elections, huh? Got caught lying and now trying very hard to shift the goalpost? Goalpost heavy or not? LOL!  

Why would somebody highlight a partial sentence fragment and then try to twist someone's words around? He didn't write that they "are not foreigners" ... he wrote that they "are not foreigners in the (same) sense that temporary workers are" ... and there is a clear nuance there. I strongly suggest that Steve, Singalion, Nightingale, Juxtaposed, and Disclosed all stop wasting time arguing with Dirty Aunty. She is clearly not interested in an honest intellectual debate and only looking to drag this website into the gutter.

Guest Guest
43 minutes ago, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

This argument is really ridiculous. I can't take anything seriously when I see somebody twisting other people's words around and then calling the original person a liar. The only goalpost moving I see is the person trying to change the meaning of what someone else already wrote in clear and concise English. You can't take three words out of a phrase featuring ten words and then use that to call someone a liar or a goalpost shifter. Even a primary three student is smarter than to attempt such a lousy pathetic trick.

On 4/9/2020 at 8:33 PM, Guest Guest said:
 On 4/9/2020 at 8:15 PM, Guest Juxtaposed Yourself said:

Permanent Residents and Long Term Pass Holders have chosen to live and make their lives in Singapore and are not foreigners in the sense that temporary workers are. Take your sniveling bitchass xenophobia, as well as your constant attempted othering, and shove all of it up your dildo-enlarged incel ass.

Right ... I guess they will be voting together with us in the coming elections, huh? Got caught lying and now trying very hard to shift the goalpost? Goalpost heavy or not? LOL!  

Why would somebody highlight a partial sentence fragment and then try to twist someone's words around? He didn't write that they "are not foreigners" ... he wrote that they "are not foreigners in the (same) sense that temporary workers are" ... and there is a clear nuance there. I strongly suggest that Steve, Singalion, Nightingale, Juxtaposed, and Disclosed all stop wasting time arguing with Dirty Aunty. She is clearly not interested in an honest intellectual debate and only looking to drag this website into the gutter.

You want to see "somebody twisting other people's words around and then calling the original person a liar"? You want to ask "why would somebody highlight a partial sentence fragment and then try to twist someone's words around"?

Why don't you look at your own post and see for yourself. My original post included the one in which this Guest Juxtaposed Yourself tried to claim that returning Singaporeans gets to be quarantined in hotels, and then I proved that it was a lie because PRs and LTPH are also getting quarantined in hotels too.

So who is this "somebody twisting other people's words around and then calling the original person a liar"? Who is this "somebody highlight a partial sentence fragment and then try to twist someone's words around"? Are YOU trying to twist my words around? Are YOU trying to "highlight a partial sentence fragment and then try to twist someone's words around"? You? Why don't you answer your own questions.

If you can say you "can't take anything seriously when I see somebody twisting other people's words around and then calling the original person a liar", can you take yourself seriously now? 

(P.S. Anyway, I always laughed when boboshooters like you called me Dirty Aunty. Hahahahaha) 

Guest Guest
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Numbers don't tell lies. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 

Error correction:  missed out that Brunei with its 136 infections has 311 infected per million population, which is second highest in Asia and that's above above the world's average. SK is third highest in Asia. 

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

She is clearly not interested in an honest intellectual debate and only looking to drag this website into the gutter.

I think you are dealing with that same bitch who argued with me over the Yaacob Ibrahim post a few days ago  : )

Yeah, he/she is not interested in an intellectual exchange. He/she just keeps on engaging in name-calling, twisting other peoples' words, accusations and emotional, effeminate outbursts, what I call "auntie tactics".

In the real world, such a person would always resort to hitting you repeatedly with her handbag when she cannot win an argument against your facts and figures.  LOL

Probably one of those who lost his/her job after the circuit breaker measures, that's why he/she feels so jaded and bitter towards everyone.

Guest Try and see
4 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Wrong, it was long before this (already a decade).  Probably lost her job to foreigners then.  That's why she keeps bashing foreigners with her xeno posts, as well as those who disagree with her.

👍

2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Yes, people generally don't care and over confidence in our health care system,  I wonder how they handle with such a big spike,  just in 10 days we have double from just a thousand to 2108 cases and if this trend continues, we would easily hit 4000 by end of the month and that will be the real disaster. 

And this is why one hears of Singapore given as example of a country that did things right at the beginning and contained the virus, and then relaxed the rules and gave the virus a second chance.  Why cannot our American government take this as an example and forget about "opening up" the country again?  

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

People should wear a mask when going to the market or they will be turned away: NEA

What a change from healthy people don't need to wear mask. 

Great idea to allow people into the places that are essential to stay open  ONLY if they wear a mask.  Today ANYBODY can have a mask or make one for themselves.

But I keep crossing people in the grocery stores that have no mask, including their employees. 

We can thank Trump for this, who "advised" to wear a mask but did not want this to be mandatory. And he... doesn't wear one!

1 hour ago, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

You are right, but there is no guarantee that Dirty Aunty would keep quiet if she is ignored.  Instead... out of spite she could become super active and bring down the whole BW site...

At least by answering her posts we can hit her over the head, and maybe keep her at bay?

Guest Takius
1 hour ago, Guest Try and see said:

Yeah, man.

I remember this:

xf76grl46ee41.jpg

Indeed. The early education about healthy people not needing a mask might be the reason why the people generally take it rather lightly until the recent spike in cases. HK on the contrary has practised social distancing and masks as essential protection since the early stage hence their numbers are under control so well. Let's learn from their success and hope we can fight this through tgt. 

9 minutes ago, Guest Takius said:

Indeed. The early education about healthy people not needing a mask might be the reason why the people generally take it rather lightly until the recent spike in cases. HK on the contrary has practised social distancing and masks as essential protection since the early stage hence their numbers are under control so well. Let's learn from their success and hope we can fight this through tgt. 

When there is dead end in front, the only thing they can do is make a "U" turn.

But very challenging to ask old folks to wear.

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, Kimochi said:

https://mothership.sg/2020/04/mask-distribution-ugly-singaporeans/

These are the ones who deserve to get killed by the virus. 

Too much lah, those people. Give free masks also behave until like that  🤦‍♂️

I personally didn't like the mask that I was given at the CC. It was maroon, and it was too small. When I wear it, the strings will pull my ears forward  LOL

So I gave it away, wore my disposable masks for awhile, and managed to buy a cloth mask yesterday from a mininart that is black (the colour I had wanted), much bigger and more comfortable. Paid a few dollars for it but I don't mind.

It looks like this (without the breathing hole):

1233308004.g_0-w_g.jpg

No need to go back to the CC to yell at people or bang table. They're also fellow S'poreans volunteering their time to help us get through this crisis. 

Also, they don't have control over the type of masks they get from the supplier.

What so difficult to impose?  Didn't we discuss this in end march? 

On 3/27/2020 at 1:44 PM, jlone said:

All hawkers and the food court assistants should wear mask, if not whenever they ask what food do you want? Their saliva will be dropping all over the food.

Imagine if there is one virus carrier without symptom serving food n not wearing mask, how many customers will be infected? 

Dangerous.  

Precisely, things they should enforced they don't,  likewise all bus driver must wear mask and barber, cashier and those with close contact with customer should all wear mask,  stop projecting the  image only the  sick ones need to wear mask, here is not Europe or USA. 

3 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Ccp china is a country now which like to show off n boast about their innovations. So is singkieland which also like to boast n always want to the first or the best.

In the end, they have to pay such a heavy price due to this pandemic!  It's better to be modest n humble in whatever you do.

Edited by jlone

9 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Singapore  is  Paying  'Close  Attention'  to  Welfare  of  Foreign  Workers  amid  COVID-19  Outbreak:  PM Lee

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-pm-lee-singapore-foreign-workers-welfare-dormitory-12631250

Now then pay attention.

If not because of their infection with the corona virus. Do u think "attention" will be given to all these foreign workers? 

Now then they start to wake up! 

Edited by jlone

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, jlone said:

If not because of their infection with the corona virus. Do u think "attention" will be given to all these foreign workers? 

Now then they start to wake up! 

To them profit is more important than "attention".

I mean to them, they are just slaves.

You think they are waking up now? Wrong...they wayan only. We all know they are good actors.

3 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

What so difficult to impose?  Didn't we discuss this in end march? 

On 3/27/2020 at 1:44 PM, jlone said:

All hawkers and the food court assistants should wear mask, if not whenever they ask what food do you want? Their saliva will be dropping all over the food.

Imagine if there is one virus carrier without symptom serving food n not wearing mask, how many customers will be infected? 

Dangerous.  

Precisely, things they should enforced they don't,  likewise all bus driver must wear mask and barber, cashier and those with close contact with customer should all wear mask,  stop projecting the  image only the  sick ones need to wear mask, here is not Europe or USA. 

You know why...because we are not in lock down but "circuit breaker"...CB..

KNNBCCB.

Guest Analysis
11 hours ago, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

9 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

I think you are dealing with that same bitch who argued with me over the Yaacob Ibrahim post a few days ago  : )

Yeah, he/she is not interested in an intellectual exchange. He/she just keeps on engaging in name-calling, twisting other peoples' words, accusations and emotional, effeminate outbursts, what I call "auntie tactics".

In the real world, such a person would always resort to hitting you repeatedly with her handbag when she cannot win an argument against your facts and figures.  LOL

Probably one of those who lost his/her job after the circuit breaker measures, that's why he/she feels so jaded and bitter towards everyone.

9 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Wrong, it was long before this (already a decade).  Probably lost her job to foreigners then.  That's why she keeps bashing foreigners with her xeno posts, as well as those who disagree with her.

I don't think any foreigner has done any harm to this Guest Guest.

The person behind those posts just had one crucial incident in his life for which he has to only blame himself. Lost job due to dishonesty, a defamation court case or something of that sort. But he is in self-denial and doesn't want to accept his own fault on what happened by his own actions. He doesn't or never had any much interaction with foreigners in his life.

In many cases the hatred is related to his personal failure but he is making the foreigners to the scapegoats for the own failure. It is a sort of self-denial for the fault having had the cause in his own personal behaviour but simply pushing the blame to others.

From the psychological assessment there was never any foreigner around who caused his xenophobia or made him start having prejudices against foreigners. It is just his personal conclusion to shade the true fact in admitting for the incident having the cause exclusively in his personal failure. He is only to blame himself but he prefers not to acknowledge it.

However, it is easier to blame others or foreigners instead of accepting one's own fault.

There is a regular pattern with this person in his replies and appearance on BW.

You counter his arguments or once you catch the person for having posted untruths and point it out.

At start he will attempt to counter your arguments and jump on petty details in your post or typographical/grammar errors (ignoring the vast amount of his own grammar flaws).

After this if you still counter his claims or respond to him, his replies turn to an insulting tone, somewhere later he will call you either a liar or hypocrite or make things up out of the context and blame you on something you never exactly wrote or intended to say.

The aim is to make you look incompetent or not trustful to others or painting a picture as if have been deceiving facts or alluded something whereas in reality you actually never did.

Often he will come up asking for proof of evidence of what you posted even in such circumstances where you clearly evidenced details with data, news or articles confirming what you said.

In his further responding posts he will pick something from your post and paint you in nasty language and colours.

After this he will repeat on his "lies" / "liar" ("hypocrite", "traitor",...) claim indefinite like a broken record and paint you as the big manipulator, untruthful dishonest person.

You just look at his habit to "enlarge" and colour the word "lies" in striking font size and red colour.

His main aim is to silence the person and have his own posts as the only truthful remaining (but this is what he thinks he had achieved).

He prefers to fight until he has the last post. He will never admit to any mistake, having taken wrong conclusions or having been posting untruths. 

If you read his posts, you will note there no real discussion or dispute but just attempts to smear dirt on you. He won't respond to questions raised or come up with any evidence or logic justifications. Very often he will use your own post to repeat any xenophobe or nasty statement. 

A good example is the previous time decrying this one person as a "liar" was with the number of Mainland Chinese being resident in North Korea in the Covid discussion. 

As if it seriously mattered if there are 14,485 Mainland Chinese or 10,000 Mainland Chinese living in North Korea in 2019, but he blows this thing up to no end.

The fact sufficed to evidence there are resident Mainland Chinese living in North Korea and not just tourists passing the borders to North Korea.

But instead of acknowledging his misunderstanding of the entry ban for tourists by North Korea, he will go on painting someone as a "liar". 

All his actions in coming up with the heavy armour are to distract from the fact that he had been successfully rebutted in his arguments or lost his face already and was clearly defeated by arguments, facts, evidence, statistics.

But he attempts to make much noise to make it look for the outside as if it was  not him but you who "lost the battle", which you actually didn't at all. It is simply a distraction and deviation tactic. 

His lengthy fights serve only in desperate vain attempts to safe his face and look as he was right from the start and the other was wrong whereas in fact it is mostly the opposite. In most "battles" here, he lost on arguments, reasoning, through evidence or simply facts. But often others believe to those who shout louder and this is exactly what he aims at.

It is interesting to see his lengthy attempts to discredit others on BW. 

I can assume, it was something that he suffered of before during the critical incident in his life. 

He is a very good example of the flaws of the Singaporean education system looking at his lack of creativity. His replies lack intellect, creativity and are not convincing.

His fights always follow the same pattern without any novelty or variation. Often, he will just use your own words but throw them back at you with some differing input.

At very end he will just post some irritating GIF.

The person behind the posts is stuck in his self beliefs, which seem to be the only valid truth. Everything what objects to this "one truth", he will start fighting endlessly. It will be like a broken record, repeated over and over.

He has a clear issue to having to admit, he was wrong or his posts contained untruths or they simply weren't conclusive. Instead of either keeping quiet or acknowledging his error, he will fight like a rabbit already half swallowed by the mouth of a crocodile not realising he already had been completely defeated. What we then hear are panic shouts of that rabbit. 

In most instances following this behaviour he ends up as the laughing stock of BW, because his attempts and actions to escape the teeth of the crocodile are vain and turn the whole thing to a comical farce.

His personal failure must be related to some incident in his life, where he was dishonest himself. At this juncture he lost everything and ended up a failed person. It created a jealousy towards others having a happy and successful life. The xenophobe attacks or picking up fights at BW are just an avenue to vent his frustrations.

Now, he is living in his beliefs, captured by them in self isolation and not realising the true world outside. He started living in his own reality a long time ago. You may conclude on his mental state through the behaviour he demonstrates in this forum.

I don't think he is still a member of the active workforce and has ceased working about 15 years back. And here problems start if you don't interact with the real world outside but only take your information from the internet, you easily fail to recognise the difference of true and wrong.

What he never seriously realised was the main fact, 95% of BW readers are not even interested in his endless fights and simply move on to the next post, ignoring his fights and irritating posts. He is the sort of shadow fighter with no impact, fighting a battle which had been already lost, when he started it. 

BW seems to be his only life or what is left of it. This is very obvious due to the overall presence near to everywhere at the open spaces.

Finally, he became a sort of pet of Blowing Wind, but more to the type of a clown.

Probably best advice is to respond less to his irritating posts  and minimize the interaction and not to give him the platform for his shadow play drama shows.

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

‘Cut back on the back-patting’: Singapore’s coronavirus response loses its shine as critics speak out

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3079451/cut-back-back-patting-singapores-coronavirus-response

I'll probably get hate for saying this, but maybe the authorities should consider disclosing the names of those who are infected, from next week onwards, apart from just revealing their age and gender.

So far, the response from the government if a person gets infected is that their identities will be hidden, and they will get a free hospital stay. So, many people don't take Covid19 seriously.

Personally, I still witness S'pore men in their 50s and 60s coughing on buses, with no masks on, during the circuit breaker period.

Disclosing the names seems to be the only way people will "wake up". 

Just my thought. I know the government will never do it.

3 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Singapore  is  Paying  'Close  Attention'  to  Welfare  of  Foreign  Workers  amid  COVID-19  Outbreak:  PM Lee

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-pm-lee-singapore-foreign-workers-welfare-dormitory-12631250

Now then pay attention.

SINGAPORE - Some healthy migrant workers will be housed at unused void decks and multi-storey carparks at different sites where projects are under construction, the Housing Board (HDB) said on Saturday (April 11).

Guest Guest
17 minutes ago, Guest Analysis said:

Blah Blah Blah GIF by Minions

Finally, he became a sort of pet of Blowing Wind, but more to the type of a clown.

Probably best advice is to respond less to his irritating posts  and minimize the interaction and not to give him the platform for his shadow play drama shows.

Wah ...I'm actually feeling a little proud of myself  knowing that I have garnered so much attention to warrant such a long long analysis (even though I haven't read it all yet, and almost all of what I have read of the analysis are all wrong guesses, just like all those stupid "research" done). Hahahahaha ...  And furthermore, after seeing so many articles detailing all those u-turns from all those initial bad policies made by those "leaders" with no common sense, today is turning out to be a pretty good day..... Hahahahaha.... This whole COVID19 episode basically lay bare for the entire world to see how our new "leaders" are not what our media has made them out to be, and they are really a far cry from who our first generation leaders were.  

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-face-mask-compulsory-public-transport-khaw-boon-wan-12633738  Wearing of masks to be made compulsory on public transport: Khaw Boon Wan

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/hdb-migrant-workers-at-carparks-void-decks-josephine-teo-12633422  HDB contractors to temporarily house migrant workers at unused car parks, void decks   

https://mothership.sg/2020/04/lawrence-wong-do-things-differently-foreign-workers/  Lawrence Wong on spike in dorm cases: 'Unfortunately, we do not have the luxury of the benefit of hindsight'

240 Truth Quotes That Will Help You Live Sincerely

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, leo yok loo said:

To them profit is more important than "attention".

I mean to them, they are just slaves.

You think they are waking up now? Wrong...they wayan only. We all know they are good actors.

Come, have a look see at the grassroot leader’s weekend house at Sentosa.

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2020/04/11/wife-of-grassroots-leader-in-workers-dorm-business-shows-their-sentosa-weekend-party-home-to-media/?fbclid=IwAR2Hw9cHkdJGs6cDwyNMgMVoaRtWC-Z8x85bEUAIaf4fMUDJQEHJzCQJekI

Guest Guest

_

43 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

I'll probably get hate for saying this, but maybe the authorities should consider disclosing the names of those who are infected, from next week onwards, apart from just revealing their age and gender.

So far, the response from the government if a person gets infected is that their identities will be hidden, and they will get a free hospital stay. So, many people don't take Covid19 seriously.

Personally, I still witness S'pore men in their 50s and 60s coughing on buses, with no masks on, during the circuit breaker period.

Disclosing the names seems to be the only way people will "wake up". 

Just my thought. I know the government will never do it.

It’ll be a breach of medical confidentiality, would you like the authorities to publish your name for whatever disease you might have?

10 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Wow,  very suitable for quarantine the migrant workers., can consider. 

19 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

This whole COVID19 episode basically lay bare for the entire world to see how our new "leaders" are not what our media has made them out to be, and they are really a far cry from who our first generation leaders were.  

https://mothership.sg/2020/04/lawrence-wong-do-things-differently-foreign-workers/  Lawrence Wong on spike in dorm cases: 'Unfortunately, we do not have the luxury of the benefit of hindsight'

Is there a different between hindsight and common sense? 

Actually is true,  SG have lay a strong foundation and what they normally need to do is just to follow but is only with a major crisis like covid 19 , then u can see how kalang kabok they are and if all things failed,  shed some tears to gain sympathy always works. 

Guest Guest

No hindsight, no foresight, no common sense but still got people to vote them in every elections to be "leaders" to earn big big salary every year ....

Uniquely Singapore. 

Guest Try and see
37 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

It’ll be a breach of medical confidentiality, would you like the authorities to publish your name for whatever disease you might have?

Only for Covid19 patients (as a deterrent), and for you when you get gonorrhoea.

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, Guest Analysis said:

The person behind those posts just had one crucial incident in his life for which he has to only blame himself. Lost job due to dishonesty, a defamation court case or something of that sort. But he is in self-denial and doesn't want to accept his own fault on what happened by his own actions. . . . 

Very well analysed!! 👏

Indeed, I am very sure that this person has very little going on in his life, be it social life, or career-wise. I have noticed this to be a common trait in people who spend hours and hours trying to discredit intelligent online discourse.

Because such a person has no achievement in life, therefore he spends a huge amount of time online trying to make himself look and feel good by slandering others. I personally know at least three such people among my acquaintances, and this is their common trait:

No achievement in life; no friends; not close to family; not much money; hence very angry at everybody in general.

I could go on but this thread is really about Covid19, and I feel I am giving this guy too much limelight already, which of course is what he craves.

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Very well analysed!! 👏

Indeed, I am very sure that this person has very little going on in his life, be it social life, or career-wise. I have noticed this to be a common trait in people who spend hours and hours trying to discredit intelligent online discourse.

Because such a person has no achievement in life, therefore he spends a huge amount of time online trying to make himself look and feel good by slandering others. I personally know at least three such people among my acquaintances, and this is their common trait:

No achievement in life; no friends; not close to family; not much money; hence very angry at everybody in general.

I could go on but this thread is really about Covid19, and I feel I am giving this guy too much limelight already, which of course is what he craves.

hahahaha .... Oh... look at the very hypocrite here who is talking about "spends a huge amount of time online trying to make himself look and feel good by slandering others" in this single post alone... 🤦‍♂️ ... 

55 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

_

Very well pointed out. Some people really lost their brains already to make such stupid suggestions. I guess he also wants to have the names of all those infected old folks at Lee Ah Mooi Old Age Home published because you think they want to get "a free hospital stay"???  Very well analysed???  Come, I clap for him too ....  👏

And it wasn't THAT long ago that all those HIV patients information were leaked out (come to think of it, via MOH again), creating so much issues for all the patients. And now someone is trying to act smart by suggesting the release of the names of all those infected and shaming them, especially many of those patients are VICTIMS who got infected unknowingly.

Guest limits
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

And furthermore, after seeing so many articles detailing all those u-turns from all those initial bad policies made by those "leaders" with no common sense, today is turning out to be a pretty good day..... Hahahahaha....

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-face-mask-compulsory-public-transport-khaw-boon-wan-12633738  Wearing of masks to be made compulsory on public transport: Khaw Boon Wan

Just to note the wearing of masks is just made compulsory on public transport and not in general, when you step out of the house. This was already in the discussion for the past 3 days.

A good example to illustrate the intellectual limits which were mentioned in the other post. 

Guest Guest
8 minutes ago, Guest limits said:

Just to note the wearing of masks is just made compulsory on public transport and not in general, when you step out of the house. This was already in the discussion for the past 3 days.

A good example to illustrate the intellectual limits which were mentioned in the other post. 

regardless public transportation or general public, is this a u-turn from “healthy people no need to wear mask” or not? Intellectual limits indeed.... 🤦‍♂️

Guest repeated
On 4/9/2020 at 11:07 AM, Guest repeated said:

A German research just came out and said, the mask should be compulsory for Covid19 carriers, but the problem is the period for not having symptoms but already being infectious is quite long for this virus ( 3 to 14 days). The researchers from Robert Koch Institute said, distancing is more important and set the distancing space at 2m. the virus seems to be spread not only when caughing but while speaking too according this research paper (just out 2 days ago). And to avoid being with infected persons at near distance in a confined room. 

SG Gov should increase the distance for safe distancing.

On 4/9/2020 at 6:04 PM, Guest repeated said:

COVID-19 is believed to spread through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes, or from coming into contact with an infected surface and then touching your eyes, nose or mouth. There’s some evidence that COVID-19 may also be transmitted through much smaller airborne droplets in “very specific circumstances and settings,” such as “aerosolising” medical procedures. When it comes to masks, this distinction between droplets and aerosolisation is important, because surgical masks and homemade masks cannot prevent airborne transmission, while N95 respirators can. Surgical masks are loose-fitting disposable masks that loop around the ears and cover the nose and mouth. Because they aren’t fitted on the sides, they don’t provide protection from airborne germs. But surgical masks do stop larger droplets, splashes, saliva and respiratory secretions from spreading.

As you see, the last word "spreading" indicates the helpfulness of masks for infected persons to avoid further infections to uninfected people.

The new research results mentioned by me earlier this morning comes now into the picture, because if what was found out in the new research results speaking spreads the virus, viruses spread by speaking are distributed by aerosols. The aerosols can be very small particles and are mostly not visible. The research found: Simply speaking 3 words can emit 1000 of such infectious aerosols. These survive around 45 mins in the air, eventually longer (as research on how long they can survive is not yet conclusive).

The second danger for the aerosols is, they can stick to surfaces, the face or the skin and then come into the mouth, eyes and later lungs.

It is according to this new research possible to be a superspreader just by speaking.

The surgical masks do not protect against aerosols but only against droplets. Therefore, wearing a mask will not protect the uninfected person against aerosols hitting the body and for the critical parts such as the face and then being "soaked", touched by hand and taken into mouth, nose or eyes.

As a result, the most important finding of this research is: Distancing is much more important (than wearing a mask) because the aerosols will not reach the other person if sufficient distance to an infected person has been kept.

Actually the N95 mask is more efficient in protecting a person for both droplets and aerosols, if there had been a necessity to wear masks, then it should have been the N95 masks. However, there is an extreme shortage on this type of mask and currently they are prioritised to hospital staff.

Coronavirus found in air samples up to 4 metres from patients:

CNA  11 Apr 2020 11:57AM

A new study examining air samples from hospital wards with COVID-19 patients has found the virus can travel up to 4m – twice the distance current guidelines say people should leave between themselves in public.

AIRBORNE THREAT?

The team also looked at so-called aerosol transmission - when the droplets of the virus are so fine they become suspended and remain airborne for several hours, unlike cough or sneeze droplets that fall to the ground within seconds.

They found that virus-laden aerosols were mainly concentrated near and downstream from patients at up to 4m – though smaller quantities were found upstream, up to 2.4m.

US health authorities have adopted a more cautious line and urged people to cover their faces when out in public in case the virus can be transmitted through normal breathing and speaking.

Just some days ago someone at BW attempted to ridicule me when I pointed out various new research findings.

Today the aerosol spreading is covered by this article in Channel News Asia.

Please note that German scientists concluded from the new research findings placing importance on safe distancing measures are more adequate to counter any aerosol transmission of the virus.

• G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic