Male HQ

How To End A Relationship (compiled)

Guest -WiseMan-

Guest MiAttachedHeSingle
http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/singles/...ating-behaviors

Thought the above article is worth the reading :

No matter how much love exists in your relationship, it cannot survive without trust.

It's written in the artical, confrontation IS the best way to make things right. I agree with this but my bf has the tendency to lie for the greater good. I found out that he's created new online profiles stating that he's single... i confronted him : his explaination : "i'm used to that".

any advice ?

A few things to say :

1. If you are interested only in momogamous relationship, then you should leave him. No reason for you to put up with that kind of excuses.

2. If you feel that you cannot live without him, then you should just close one eye and enjoy the times spent with him.

Simple right? But difficult to choose either 1 or 2...

Good luck to you...

Guest Guest
A few things to say :

1. If you are interested only in momogamous relationship, then you should leave him. No reason for you to put up with that kind of excuses.

2. If you feel that you cannot live without him, then you should just close one eye and enjoy the times spent with him.

Simple right? But difficult to choose either 1 or 2...

Good luck to you...

chosen 2. sum might say he do u 初一, u do him 十五 la... the problem is.. i cant bring myself to do tat..

he was the 1 who said no Open Relationship

Well darling.... if you have chosen choice 2, then you should try to put up with him and his nonsense and most importantly, close one eye...

If you just cannot do it, then you gotta get a hold of yourself and leave him. I am sure there are better guys out there who cannot wait to have a monogamous relationship with you...

Trust me, I have been through that, I left him immediately and guess what? He called me many months later, and asked for something. He wanted me to pay for the dog which we bought together but I took care of the dog at my place. Can you imagine a bastard like him?

I was glad that I left him in no time...

Guest Guest
Well darling.... if you have chosen choice 2, then you should try to put up with him and his nonsense and most importantly, close one eye...

If you just cannot do it, then you gotta get a hold of yourself and leave him. I am sure there are better guys out there who cannot wait to have a monogamous relationship with you...

Trust me, I have been through that, I left him immediately and guess what? He called me many months later, and asked for something. He wanted me to pay for the dog which we bought together but I took care of the dog at my place. Can you imagine a bastard like him?

I was glad that I left him in no time...

Actually, he's a nice guy, but his weakness is, i think, likes to hv flings..

your ex really a bastard.. not like my boi boi

Well, since you have said that he's actually a nice guy and that he has only ONE weakness that is to have flings, then you again have to think whether you can put up with his that ONE weakness or not. If you can, then go for it... if you can't then you have to do something for yourself, right?

• 3 years later...
Guest Mystic knot

I know this is not something new in any form of relationship and we have heard alot about WHY people break-up. However, it is quite rare to hear people say HOW they break-up.

Many gay people always used the word EX-bf...yadayada and even after 10 years of relationship? Whatever it was, breaking up may not be easy to some people when the other soul has sticked with you for so many years and even know how you smell like and the other whole ancestories about your existence.

OK, let me start the ball rolling. I don't have long relationship. The most is six months so breaking up is not as difficult as it seemed to me but no less painful coming up with decision of breaking a relationship - even if I have to lie.

So here it goes, I changed my handphone number, cancel my email address after writing a short message to him that....I wanted to move on and list all his weakness (pushing the blame on him). I know it is bad, but hey! did I just mentioned 6 months relationship? So it is not so difficult before the root sank in.

However I am not sure how a person can easily break up after 5 years of relationship?

As I mentioned earlier, I am not keen to know WHY you break up but rather HOW your break up.

Any ground breaking ways you untie yor knot?

Breaking up is herd to do....

Yes it is not easy to be the one who initiates the first move.

Sometimes the other party is simply waiting for us to do it.

Well the best way is to write him this long email.. explaining why things dont work out for the two of you.

Dont say anything regrettable but concentrate on his good points and things he needs to improve...

Say sorry that although you try your very best to accomodate his whims and fancies, sorry things did not work out to the best results.

Dont ignore him totally.. disappear gradually...

Agreed with abang about waiting for one another.. I have asked here before.. Does it means that when we know each other long enough that its time for us to get separated? But again i have to say what L.O.V.E stands for.. Its stands for :

L : Lots

O : Of

V : Voluntary

E : Effort

With this in the mind both then can give and take and stop being selfish to work things out.... that is my believe..

Peace to everyone.

Edited by Friendly

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marad44

We reconciled after splitting for a month. He moved back with me but something wasn't right. He was a man of few words which I sensed were stuck in his throat. I was anxious if he had made the right decision in coming back.

When I opened a bottle of wine on Friday night, he drank more than his usual half-glass, loosened up and let me have it that he wanted out. It hurt but I was glad the mystery was over. I let him stay for as long as he needed but he was not unreasonable, he found someone in a few weeks, packed and we carried his things to the parking bay where his new boyfriend waited in the car. The three of us said our courtesies, they left, I went back to the apartment, cried my heart out the weekend and went to work Monday, feeling empty.

Every place in the apartment reminded something about him and sometimes I could almost hear his voice. We had been together for almost two years.

In my mind I reasoned it was for the good but my heart mourned his absence for more than a year.

Edited by Marad44

I rather not have a relationship. Casual flings, even extending to years, is okay. No special commitments.

It is better to have loved and lost than to not have tasted love at all.

Love is like abalone porridge, casual flings are like fish porridges. No amount of fish porridges added together can give you the same taste as abalone. So you can never imagine the taste of abalone unless you had tasted it at least once. It is an expensive commitment but damn worthed it.

Guest You sucks

I know this is not something new in any form of relationship and we have heard alot about WHY people break-up. However, it is quite rare to hear people say HOW they break-up.

Many gay people always used the word EX-bf...yadayada and even after 10 years of relationship? Whatever it was, breaking up may not be easy to some people when the other soul has sticked with you for so many years and even know how you smell like and the other whole ancestories about your existence.

OK, let me start the ball rolling. I don't have long relationship. The most is six months so breaking up is not as difficult as it seemed to me but no less painful coming up with decision of breaking a relationship - even if I have to lie.

So here it goes, I changed my handphone number, cancel my email address after writing a short message to him that....I wanted to move on and list all his weakness (pushing the blame on him). I know it is bad, but hey! did I just mentioned 6 months relationship? So it is not so difficult before the root sank in.

However I am not sure how a person can easily break up after 5 years of relationship?

As I mentioned earlier, I am not keen to know WHY you break up but rather HOW your break up.

Any ground breaking ways you untie yor knot?

To TS, understand u wanna to know how people breakup. But I need to tell u the way u breakup with ur 1/2 yr BF sucks! And it sucks big time. How could u put all the blame on him and just disappeared. U must be belong to the group of being ignorant and selfish. Instead of learning of how to breakup, maybe u should know and read more about how to maintain or even improve a LTR. Like u mentioned urthe longest relationship only lasted half a year. So maybe u should do some reflection during the CNY holiday.

I treasure all the relationships I have started. Even it was over, we treasured the moments we had been together. Sometimes it even put a smile on our faces when we passed a place we had been or a movie we had watched.

• Guest locked this topic