Male HQ

GE2020

d15cr33t

Guest Guest
30 minutes ago, p2468 said:

Not that S'pore don't want to change. S'pore is different from M'sia. Their politics got screwed up by Najib that why the ppl need a change. Did PAP did anything so majorly wrong that we need to change the whole govt so drastically during this pademic period?? 

Dear fellow SGean, please do not be mistaken. We are NOT attempting to overthrow the government and change everyone in white to blue or red or yellow or whatever other colours there are. This is not Malaysia.

All we are asking for is a fair representation of local voices and not the current (nearly) monopoly state it is. THAT is true democracy. If everyone in Parliament belongs to the same clan, sure, it looks nice on the screen to have an all-white and "clean" appearance. But if that's the case, who will be there to check and regulate the things they do that can potentially impact how we lead our lives? One proposes, and no one opposes regardless of whether it is really a good proposition or not. Seriously, we don't need "Yes-men and Yes-women", we need people who dare to speak up for the actual betterment of the nation.

Let's be real. Anyone who has not produced results should step down, no? Anyone who has made mistakes that impacted the lives of SGeans severely should have the cheek to step down and let someone else who is more able to do the job take over, no?

45 minutes ago, p2468 said:

Not that S'pore don't want to change. S'pore is different from M'sia. Their politics got screwed up by Najib that why the ppl need a change. Did PAP did anything so majorly wrong that we need to change the whole govt so drastically during this pademic period?? 

U want majorly wrong from PAP somemore ? Haha

Overly crowded population not enough?

Too many foreginers misbehaving on road not enough?

Cleanliness issue and bad courtesy among ppl not enough ? These are all as equal as bad economic too. My point of view. 

Edited by cutejack

Guest XinGaPoLang
18 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

That's the problem,  that's why i said this year opposition party no chance at all as there is no big mistake made and in the fear of the after covid effect,  sure die...like I mention before,  no one want the opposition party to completely take over but what we need is check and balance in parliament and that can only happen when there is sufficient opposition party voted in.

I'm happy with status quo.. Are we worse off with current pap vs opposition party ratio? I don't think so.  I'm all for pap cos they have the track record and they see long term. We are living in extraordinary times,  we don't  need too many  opposition parties to rock the boat during these uncertain times. Yes, pap has their own flaws and they can do better in engaging  the public but l'm not looking for a perfect govt. If I were to look at the govts in other countries, notably our immediate neighbour in the north, our govt is mai haim bay pai liao.

As for opposition  parties, I feel only WP is the only credible opposition party cos I feel they really care for the country  and want to be a constructive  opposition party. For the rest of the opposition parties, I feel they join politics for their personal goals ,.. the saga happened at TCB's party at the start seems to reinforce that. But that's just my opinion..

No government policies are perfect and catered for everyone. So long they meet the needs of the majority,  there will definitely be the minority who's unhappy and felt that they have been penalised or treated unfairly.  They are the vocal ones who are very active in complaining online including this forum, understandably for the aggrieved they felt. For the rest of us, it is the silent support we give to the incumbent govt. 

I'm not saying I'm going to support  pap forever but as for now, especially in the current climate, they are the best deal. I can't speak for all Singaporeans  but I believe the silent majority will agree with me.. If i have to  vote for opposition party, it will be definitely be WP.

8 minutes ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

I'm happy with status quo.. ..We are living in extraordinary times,  we don't  need too many  opposition parties to rock the boat during these uncertain times. Yes, pap has their own flaws and they can do better in engaging  the public but l'm not looking for a perfect govt. If I were to look at the govts in other countries, notably our immediate neighbour in the north, our govt is mai haim bay pai liao.

As for opposition  parties, I feel only WP is the only credible opposition party cos I feel they really care for the country  and want to be a constructive  opposition party. For the rest of the opposition parties...

No government policies are perfect and catered for everyone. So long they meet the needs of the majority,  there will definitely be the minority who's unhappy and felt that they have been penalised or treated unfairly.  They are the vocal ones who are very active in complaining online including this forum, understandably for the aggrieved they felt. For the rest of us, it is the silent support we give to the incumbent govt. 

I'm not saying I'm going to support  pap forever but as for now, especially in the current climate, they are the best deal. I can't speak for all Singaporeans  but I believe the silent majority will agree with me.. If i have to  vote for opposition party, it will be definitely be WP.

Fair and objective views. 

Edited by yuquidam

58 minutes ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

Precisely,  that was my advice given earlier,  SG only need 2 or 3 solid ones and if your area happen to have a good one,  then support them,  otherwise I would still cast invalid vote because I don't want to see more than a 75% win which would be a complete disaster. 

Guest XinGaPoLang
13 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

If you are ok with these reasons, then go ahead and vote for them.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10218858451067158&id=1078247881

I noted some of the comments are subjective  and blatant accusations. Some of the problems highlighted  are the effects of being a developed country which other developed countries  are facing too..  Anyway, I'm not going to debate about them.

Like I say, PAP is  definitely not perfect, neither  are their policies too.. I, for one too also buay song some of their policies but would I vote against  them for now, NO !! I think it's also pretty naive if you think that by voting the opposition parties, all the issues listed will going to be resolved. Most of the opposition parties here are just postmen delivering  the complaints of unhappy  Singaporeans.. Do they have solutions to tackle the issues listed, I seriously don't think so. Governing  the country is a much more complex task than your normal kopitam chit chat talk.. Sorry but I think the current opposition parties still  dun have make the cut. The best you can get now is WP. On the other hand, yes, I think pap should be more empathetic and should do more to reach other to Singaporeans  to fine tune and communicate their policies better.

In gist, for all the flaws that pap has, i think overall Singaporeans are not faring badly especially if you compare to other countries. Yes, I totally  understand that there will definitely be people  who buay song the govt which is expected,  but I think  general silent majority will think that the incumbent government is mai haim bay pai. I may be wrong... let the polls show..

Guest XinGaPoLang
5 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Oh my, this man is so brave! Applaud his courage to voice out his opinions even though I know he's at great risk of getting POFMAed. :(

Do post here to enlighten us if the guy is being prosecuted else. Thank you.

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

I noted some of the comments are subjective  and blatant accusations. Some of the problems highlighted  are the effects of being a developed country which other developed countries  are facing too..  Anyway, I'm not going to debate about them.

Like I say, PAP is  definitely not perfect, neither  are their policies too.. I, for one too also buay song some of their policies but would I vote against  them for now, NO !! I think it's also pretty naive if you think that by voting the opposition parties, all the issues listed will going to be resolved. Most of the opposition parties here are just postmen delivering  the complaints of unhappy  Singaporeans.. Do they have solutions to tackle the issues listed, I seriously don't think so. Governing  the country is a much more complex task than your normal kopitam chit chat talk.. Sorry but I think the current opposition parties still  dun have make the cut. The best you can get now is WP. On the other hand, yes, I think pap should be more empathetic and should do more to reach other to Singaporeans  to fine tune and communicate their policies better.

In gist, for all the flaws that pap has, i think overall Singaporeans are not faring badly especially if you compare to other countries. Yes, I totally  understand that there will definitely be people  who buay song the govt which is expected,  but I think  general silent majority will think that the incumbent government is mai haim bay pai. I may be wrong... let the polls show..

If they had wanted to reach out to fine tune and communicate their policies better, they would have done so earlier. You're just being plain hopeful for something that's never ever going to happen. Honestly, do you really think they'll truly care about you and your problems? Well, yeah, maybe once every 5 years when the time is near.

We're not hoping for a perfect G (there's NO perfect G anywhere), we're just asking for a G that puts their own people's interests first, not their own first.

I'd rather vote for SG's Invisible Heroes on TV than for them. There is no genuine altruism in them. Ask each of them to take a tenth or a fifth of what they're getting now. You think they'll still want to do it?

Guest XinGaPoLang
23 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Precisely,  that was my advice given earlier,  SG only need 2 or 3 solid ones and if your area happen to have a good one,  then support them,  otherwise I would still cast invalid vote because I don't want to see more than a 75% win which would be a complete disaster. 

Hmm, I think I know  where you coming from. Haha.

16 minutes ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

Nope,  I don't think u r wrong because a lot of people are Chui kong lan pa song, that's why we need to prevent a clean sweep. If PAP got 60%, they will still have to solve all the after covid problems but probably will be less arrogant but if they got 75% and above,  they will still solve the problem but perhaps can be more arrogant since got full support. 

Guest XinGaPoLang

I

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

We're not hoping for a perfect G (there's NO perfect G anywhere), we're just asking for a G that puts their own people's interests first, not their own first.

I'd rather vote for SG's Invisible Heroes on TV than for them. There is no genuine altruism in them. Ask each of them to take a tenth or a fifth of what they're getting now. You think they'll still want to do it?

You mean opposition parties are the ones that puts their own people's interests first, not their own first ??!!

Sure, SG's Invisible Heroes certainly deserves our respect,  if you don't want to vote, vote for opposition oarty or cast an invalid vote, its your choice.  This country gives you the free will to do so.

Guest XinGaPoLang
20 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Nope,  I don't think u r wrong because a lot of people are Chui kong lan pa song, that's why we need to prevent a clean sweep. If PAP got 60%, they will still have to solve all the after covid problems but probably will be less arrogant but if they got 75% and above,  they will still solve the problem but perhaps can be more arrogant since got full support. 

Urh.. OK, I see. But I dun mind if they get 75% too.. i agree they should not get a clean sweep... Anyway,  if pap dun perform well after the elections, Singaporeans are not stupid as well.. we did vote against pap in past elections to send a "strong" message.

Guest Guest
6 minutes ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

I

You mean opposition parties are the ones that puts their own people's interests first, not their own first ??!!

Sure, SG's Invisible Heroes certainly deserves our respect,  if you don't want to vote, vote for opposition oarty or cast an invalid vote, its your choice.  This country gives you the free will to do so.

I think you have misunderstood me. At no point in my statement did I ever say that the Opposition Party will definitely put SGean's interests first before their own. I was referring more to an individual level (regardless of party) that if he/she wants to come into politics, then he/she should really want to do it because he wants to see SG become better, and not for the money. I'm pretty sure even in the Opposition, there are people with hidden (evil) agenda. So I'm not taking any sides here. You don't have to be so defensive with your "??!!". Tyvm. Now go sleep and don't burst a blood vessel getting so worked up.

44 minutes ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

I want to vote in president election 🤣

2011 Singaporean presidential election
50px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png
← 2005 27 August 2011 2017 →
  Tony Tan Keng Yam cropp.jpg Dr-Tan-Cheng-Bock-at-Nomination-Centre-1.jpg
Nominee Tony Tan Tan Cheng Bock  
Party Independent Independent
Popular vote 745,693 738,311
Percentage 35.20% 34.85%

TanJeeSay.jpg Tan-Kin-Lian-wearing-orchid-shirt.jpg
Nominee Tan Jee Say Tan Kin Lian  
Party Independent Independent
Popular vote 530,441 104,095
Percentage 25.04% 4.91%

A bit out of topic but just realised how close were TCB from becoming our president,  would result be different if there were only 2 contester then? No wonder have to find ways to stop him ha..........

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest no more democracy
5 hours ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

I'm happy with status quo.. Are we worse off with current pap vs opposition party ratio? I don't think so.  I'm all for pap cos they have the track record and they see long term. We are living in extraordinary times,  we don't  need too many  opposition parties to rock the boat during these uncertain times. Yes, pap has their own flaws and they can do better in engaging  the public but l'm not looking for a perfect govt. If I were to look at the govts in other countries, notably our immediate neighbour in the north, our govt is mai haim bay pai liao.

As for opposition  parties, I feel only WP is the only credible opposition party cos I feel they really care for the country  and want to be a constructive  opposition party. For the rest of the opposition parties, I feel they join politics for their personal goals ,.. the saga happened at TCB's party at the start seems to reinforce that. But that's just my opinion..

Siao!

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

When I saw the first line "'I'm happy with status quo", I laughed.

Some Singaporeans are still unaware that we have not been living in any "status quo" circumstances ever since LHL took over the reins as the leader of this nation. If only Singaporeans has stopped to think for a while, it would have been obvious that our cost of living has escalated so high that public housing can cost more than $1 million, and jobs for locals has been withering and thinning ever since his tenure as the PM of this nation started. Things have not been status quo for the longest period of time already, We have been in a rate of constant decline for the longest time now, and we are now still floating only because of the past reserves built up by our past ancestors and previous leaders such as LKY and his previous team. The current team has already ran out of new ideas on how to move forward, and the new team is just as lost as the old ones after taking orders blindly from the old leaders for generations.  

Someone told me this in the past: The best way to cook a lobster so that it doesn't struggle, is to throw it into a pot of water and then raise the water temperature bit by bit until it gets cooked alive. This way, it will not realize its own impending death, and it will die without even a struggle. This is what is happening in Singapore now: People still think that there is some status quo here in Singapore, when the temperature of the situation has already been raised bit by bit, as the leaders cook us alive for our juicy meat, which they will then serve to the people who gets invited to their dining table. 

"Status quo" indeed! It's time to wake up already. LOL! 

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

Urh.. OK, I see. But I dun mind if they get 75% too.. i agree they should not get a clean sweep... Anyway,  if pap dun perform well after the elections, Singaporeans are not stupid as well.. we did vote against pap in past elections to send a "strong" message.

And after getting the "strong signal", what happened? They pushed through with the 6.9 million population white paper and they even changed the Constitution to strip us of our rights to vote for our own President. Strong signal or no strong signal, some parties will never learn as long as they remain completely powerful and unchecked in Parliament. 

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

And after getting the "strong signal", what happened? They pushed through with the 6.9 million population white paper and they even changed the Constitution to strip us of our rights to vote for our own President. Strong signal or no strong signal, some parties will never learn as long as they remain completely powerful and unchecked in Parliament. 

Fair comment.

6 hours ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

Sharp & analytical *LIKE*

Guest Mahathir
9 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

not only Jalan Besar,  basically all over Spore,  since these old folks make up about 20% of the total voters, as long as this group are well taken care of,  20% easily achieved. Their needs are simple and can be easily achieved.

Precisely,  none of his business, he should focus more on his Malaysia,  he failed both first and second time as a PM. If he is good,  we won't get so many ex-malaysian in our parliament, there is none ex-spore in Malaysia parliament. But unfortunately,  he did correctly pointed out " spore do not want to change anything,  sad sad. 

So in a few more decades when all these old folks not around, there is a chance that opposition votes will be increased more than the ruling party.

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

You clearly don’t understand how numbers work, you keep yapping about 70% or 75% and yet boasting about voiding your vote and urging people to express that, you are contributing to that figure. You are exactly what you say, chui kong lam pa song, ‘that’s life’, right?

I am shocked that people are OK with the pseudo democracy.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Some Singaporeans are still unaware that we have not been living in any "status quo" circumstances ever since LHL took over the reins as the leader of this nation. If only Singaporeans has stopped to think for a while, it would have been obvious that our cost of living has escalated so high that public housing can cost more than $1 million, and jobs for locals has been withering and thinning ever since his tenure as the PM of this nation started. Things have not been status quo for the longest period of time already, We have been in a rate of constant decline for the longest time now, and we are now still floating only because of the past reserves built up by our past ancestors and previous leaders such as LKY and his previous team. The current team has already ran out of new ideas on how to move forward, and the new team is just as lost as the old ones after taking orders blindly from the old leaders for generations.  

Someone told me this in the past: The best way to cook a lobster so that it doesn't struggle, is to throw it into a pot of water and then raise the water temperature bit by bit until it gets cooked alive. This way, it will not realize its own impending death, and it will die without even a struggle. This is what is happening in Singapore now: People still think that there is some status quo here in Singapore, when the temperature of the situation has already been raised bit by bit, as the leaders cook us alive for our juicy meat, which they will then serve to the people who gets invited to their dining table. 

Unfortunately, that poster is either young or their job requires them not to see it. By the time it hits them, it will be way too late.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Agreed. I think no one here is expecting to have the white party removed from the government. Hell, they are definitely 100% going to remain the majority party for a long long time. It's not even realistic to expect 30% Opp make-up for this elections.  What we want is more alternative voices for checks and balances in Parliament if not the white party will suka suka pass whatever motion they want that benefits them (Population White Paper, POFMA, Reserved Presidency), refusing to decriminalise laws that affect LGBT rights, bullying and suppressing the minority party for expressing their concerns and views (Sylvia Lim's "Floating Balloons", pressuring Sylvia Lim and LTK to recuse themselves from financial matters in AHTC).   

The main concern for people who are still on the fence on voting for opposition parties is that they think they are still not polished and well-equipped  enough to take on governance and therefore,  which results in applying double standards on them. But you have subpar and questionable candidates from the white party who got voted into parliament (thank goodness Ivan Lim is out) because they are often strategically placed in GRCs with senior and more reputable ministers that helped to soften the backlash they face during voting. Not saying we should expect low standards from Opp party, but candidates who might still be slightly rough around the edges, perhaps still not as articulate and quick-thinking as someone like Nicole Seah and Gerald Giam, but is truly sincere about serving Singapore and has real ideas for change, should be given a chance. How can you expect them to perform at all when we don't even give them the opportunity to have one foot in the door?

Edited by WheelofTime

Relatively safe for now: Hougang (SMC) 1 Seat

Shaky but might still retain: Aljunied (GRC) 5 Seats

Have a probable fighting chance: West Coast (GRC) 5 Seats

East Coast (GRC): 5 Seats

Bukit Batok (SMC): 1 Seat

Sengkang (GRC): 4 Seats

Total Opp Seats: 21/93 (22.5%) 

*Wishful Thinking: Holland-Bukit Timah (GRC): 4 Seats 🤣

15 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Then how do we ensure voices of various parties in the cabinet? Using a monologue? 
since all of u able to prov analytical thinking

pls help us to understand, tks

generally, sporeans are nt faring poorly but not the lower income and we r far from being first world, we r just ok by and large.

Yes. IMHO, we do need a good & effective opposition party for check and balances. So far, WP (with Pritam Singh) & PSP (with TCB) show great potential. But again it's my personal view.

Remembering that each MP (from whichever party) is drawing a salary of $15K/mth (ie $75K of tax payers' money per month for a GRC) is way above the salary of an average Singaporean, I do expect my MP to do more than just MTP sessions and write letters of complains or requests. And I do cringe how some MPs (I leave it to individuals to gauge their own) have it good. Having shifted house quite many times I had my fair share of MPs from both the ruling and opposition party doing a lousy job for the living conditions of the constituency. Be it PAP or WP or PSP or whatever, I do expect my MP to FIRST and FOREMOST look after his/her constituents, and in particular the under-previleged class. Why? Because I came from that class. My parents were illiterate, poor and had to worry about food on the table. I thank them for their never-say-die attitude to give all my siblings and I the opportunities that we needed. They just saved and scrounged on themselves.

So yes, vote for the MP who had served you well or whom you think not only would but also could serve you well. If not by all means kick him out of the scene!

Edited by yuquidam

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

If you can say that "Most of the opposition parties here are just postmen delivering  the complaints of unhappy  Singaporeans.. Do they have solutions to tackle the issues listed" , then what do you say of all those 82 PAP MPs? Do you think all those 82 PAP MPs have solutions to tackle any issues listed? I haven't seen many of them do that so far. 

Furthermore, if the opposition MPs are "just postmen delivering  the complaints of unhappy Singaporeans", the PAP MPs are not even working that way at all. When was the last time you saw your PAP MP? PAP is merely putting in their PAP MPs so that they can vote according to how the Party tell them to vote in Parliament, and not for them to reflect your voice in Parliament. And for their votes  in Parliament, the PAP MPs will be well-commensurated using our taxpayers money in various public positions.

If you like the way a country is run democratically because we still have the rights to vote for our preferred party without repercussions, then why do you like a Party which will use the full power of the Whip to force its members to vote the way it wants them to?  Even if you might have some PAP MPs who wants to work for the benefit of Singaporeans, will their Party Whip allow them to do so? Why are Singaporeans using our democracy to vote communism into our Singapore Parliament? What's the point of supporting such a Party if that is the case? 

I think the only way out of this mess is to vote in as many opposition MPs who has no need to worry about the PAP Party Whip, and we might have some form of check-and-balance of PAP soon, before PAP even stripped us of a next General Election, like the way they blocked us from voting for our last President. 

Guest Guest

@ Guest XinGaPoLang: Just curious to know if you are borne in the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s or 2000s and beyond (unlikely)? 

🤔

Guest Guest
27 minutes ago, yuquidam said:

Yes. IMHO, we do need a good & effective opposition party for check and balances. So far, WP (with Pritam Singh) & PSP (with TCB) show great potential. But again it's my personal view.

Remembering that each MP (from whichever party) is drawing a salary of $15K/mth (ie $75K of tax payers' money per month for a GRC) is way above the salary of an average Singaporean, I do expect my MP to do more than just MTP sessions and write letters of complains or requests. And I do cringe how some MPs (I leave it to individuals to gauge their own) have it good. Having shifted house quite many times I had my fair share of MPs from both the ruling and opposition party doing a lousy job for the living conditions of the constituency. Be it PAP or WP or PSP or whatever, I do expect my MP to FIRST and FOREMOST look after his/her constituents, and in particular the under-previleged class. Why? Because I came from that class. My parents were illiterate, poor and had to worry about food on the table. I thank them for their never-say-die attitude to give all my siblings and I the opportunity that we needed. They just saved and scrounged on themselves.

So yes, vote for the MP who had served you well or whom you think not only would but also could serve you well. If not by all means kick him out of the scene!

I find most are too focused on their own wards and what their MPs can do for their constituents, not wrong, but end up ignoring the bigger picture which is policy making that benefits the citizens. With the current numbers, 9% GST, ownself clear ownself, certify indian as malay, 6.9 or 10 million white paper and etc, etc, etc..... will just keep getting shoved down everyone’s throat. I hope the complain letters or requests (whether helpful or not) or the new sheltered walkways are worth it.

11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I find most are too focused on their own wards and what their MPs can do for their constituents, not wrong, but end up ignoring the bigger picture which is policy making that benefits the citizens. With the current numbers, 9% GST, ownself clear ownself, certify indian as malay, 6.9 or 10 million white paper and etc, etc, etc..... will just keep getting shoved down everyone’s throat. I hope the complain letters or requests (whether helpful or not) or the new sheltered walkways are worth it.

Agree. They ignore the big picture at their own risks. Call me a tough "task master". They jolly well do both with that pay (and much more if holding other ministerial or ministry appointments). They want to be elected. They want to serve. So they jolly well look after the people whose lives are affected via the policies that they endorse or oppose. They have to hear the ground, study & research on the proposed policies. We don't pay fat salaries to get peanuts. So dear Mr or Ms or Mrs MP hope your walking kakis are here to evesdrop.

Edited by yuquidam

Guest Guest
41 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

If you can say that "Most of the opposition parties here are just postmen delivering  the complaints of unhappy  Singaporeans.. Do they have solutions to tackle the issues listed" , then what do you say of all those 82 PAP MPs? Do you think all those 82 PAP MPs have solutions to tackle any issues listed? I haven't seen many of them do that so far. 

Furthermore, if the opposition MPs are "just postmen delivering  the complaints of unhappy Singaporeans", the PAP MPs are not even working that way at all. When was the last time you saw your PAP MP? PAP is merely putting in their PAP MPs so that they can vote according to how the Party tell them to vote in Parliament, and not for them to reflect your voice in Parliament. And for their votes  in Parliament, the PAP MPs will be well-commensurated using our taxpayers money in various public positions.

If you like the way a country is run democratically because we still have the rights to vote for our preferred party without repercussions, then why do you like a Party which will use the full power of the Whip to force its members to vote the way it wants them to?  Even if you might have some PAP MPs who wants to work for the benefit of Singaporeans, will their Party Whip allow them to do so? Why are Singaporeans using our democracy to vote communism into our Singapore Parliament? What's the point of supporting such a Party if that is the case? 

I think the only way out of this mess is to vote in as many opposition MPs who has no need to worry about the PAP Party Whip, and we might have some form of check-and-balance of PAP soon, before PAP even stripped us of a next General Election, like the way they blocked us from voting for our last President. 

I concur with this writer. I dun expect the Opposition to be able to solve the issues brought up in just one term. If any of them can, I'll vote for him forever and ever until he steps down.

Problem is, so far, the Opposition has been given little chances to attempt a change even. Every time some Opposition says sometimes, all the MIW cronies will support each other and shoot him/her like there's no tomorrow. Come on la, if you dun like to hear constructive criticism, how can you improve? That's why the problems still remain (or worse still, deteriorate) despite so many rounds of elections. We dun need more and more crazy and silly mandates just to protect their own political scene. That's NOT democracy. That's kiasu.

Like a few comments above, all we need is MORE OPPOSITION VOICES in the Parliament, NOT change the entire G to non-white, cos there are still a few MIW, I believe, who are genuinely interested in the lives of ppl.

But sadly, my brother who's a civil servant says he has no choice but to vote for MIW cos he's scared of losing his job if his vote gets traced down. I was so sad when I heard that.

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I concur with this writer. I dun expect the Opposition to be able to solve the issues brought up in just one term. If any of them can, I'll vote for him forever and ever until he steps down.

Problem is, so far, the Opposition has been given little chances to attempt a change even. Every time some Opposition says sometimes, all the MIW cronies will support each other and shoot him/her like there's no tomorrow. Come on la, if you dun like to hear constructive criticism, how can you improve? That's why the problems still remain (or worse still, deteriorate) despite so many rounds of elections. We dun need more and more crazy and silly mandates just to protect their own political scene. That's NOT democracy. That's kiasu.

Like a few comments above, all we need is MORE OPPOSITION VOICES in the Parliament, NOT change the entire G to non-white, cos there are still a few MIW, I believe, who are genuinely interested in the lives of ppl.

But sadly, my brother who's a civil servant says he has no choice but to vote for MIW cos he's scared of losing his job if his vote gets traced down. I was so sad when I heard that.

Vote is secret!  And has there been any truth to that? Unfortunately some of the older generation buy into that as well...

2 hours ago, yuquidam said:

Remembering that each MP (from whichever party) is drawing a salary of $15K/mth (ie $75K of tax payers' money per month for a GRC) is way above the salary of an average Singaporean, I do expect my MP to do more than just MTP sessions and write letters of complains or requests. And I do cringe how some MPs (I leave it to individuals to gauge their own) have it good. Having shifted house quite many times I had my fair share of MPs from both the ruling and opposition party doing a lousy job for the living conditions of the constituency. Be it PAP or WP or PSP or whatever, I do expect my MP to FIRST and FOREMOST look after his/her constituents, and in particular the under-previleged class. Why? Because I came from that class. My parents were illiterate, poor and had to worry about food on the table. I thank them for their never-say-die attitude to give all my siblings and I the opportunity that we needed. They just saved and scrounged on themselves.

I am sure you are doing well now.

Pay it forward.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Truth
58 minutes ago, WheelofTime said:

Vote is secret!  And has there been any truth to that? Unfortunately some of the older generation buy into that as well...

Errr.. have you participated in the polling before? 

Guest XinGaPoLang

Haiz, we can argue till the cows went home. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  Despite what others claim otherwise  this is still a free country where you can cast your votes to whichever party you want to support.  Let the polls reflect the sentiments of the general public. 

Guest Guest
12 minutes ago, Guest XinGaPoLang said:

Haiz, we can argue till the cows went home. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  Despite what others claim otherwise  this is still a free country where you can cast your votes to whichever party you want to support.  Let the polls reflect the sentiments of the general public. 

Did you cast your vote for your malay president?

6 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Not bad!!

I like his tanned and handsome face 😏 😍

Haven't seen his biceps yet though but will likely see it soon!

nmnewcandidate22906.jpg?itok=3kYIllAv&ti

Singapore GE2020: PAP names Xie Yao Quan to replace Ivan Lim in its Jurong GRC team

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/singapore-ge2020-pap-names-xie-yao-quan-to-replace-ivan-lim-in-its-jurong-grc-team

🤣🤣.   

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Not bad!!

I like his tanned and handsome face 😏 😍

Haven't seen his biceps yet though but will likely see it soon!

nmnewcandidate22906.jpg?itok=3kYIllAv&ti

Singapore GE2020: PAP names Xie Yao Quan to replace Ivan Lim in its Jurong GRC team

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/singapore-ge2020-pap-names-xie-yao-quan-to-replace-ivan-lim-in-its-jurong-grc-team

"Before moving into public healthcare, he worked for five years in the private sector with an investment company, and earlier spent six years in the Singapore Armed Forces."

Seriously, they never learn, do they? Another ex-regular. Zzzz...

Guest Guest
5 minutes ago, WheelofTime said:

🤣🤣.   

Wow, I don't mind him. He's hot! Nice face and I'm sure nice body too. Fit fit fit. Be my fitness trainer! Wish can see him in his undies pic. :P

• G_M locked this topic
  • HendryTan unlocked this topic