Male HQ

GE2020

d15cr33t

3 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

u havent shared which MPs/or parties coming to your area, scarly a walkover hor!

I belong to AHTC and I am very loyal to the oppositions even if they made mistakes. 

Put me a monkey I will also vote for it, but never to the pp.

12 hours ago, fab said:

...Pay it forward.

Ya, I tried to join WP but got rejected. So tried PAP, of course rejected. They said they don't believe in having bi candidates. I told them I am bi but they thot I meant bipartisan. They also asked why I wanted to be MP. I said for the money (am still poor. Can't afford even a e-scooter). Money talks. I was honest. Thot they want honest people?? Hiaz...LOL.

Edited by yuquidam

3 minutes ago, yuquidam said:

Ya, I tried to join WP but got rejected. So tried PAP, of course rejected. They said they don't believe in having bi candidates. I told them I am bi but they thot I meant bipartisan. They also asked why I wanted to be MP. I said for the money because I am still very poor. Can't afford even an e-scooter. Money talks. I am honest. Thot they want honest people?? Hiaz...LOL.

You probably don't have the right leelation and honection. 

:P

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

6 minutes ago, fab said:

You probably don't have the right leelation and honection. 

:P

Double HIAZ.

Actuali I got leelation and honection leh. Just that they all lim kopi not Starbarks or Kopi Bin. Eat roti not Sabwey Sandwitch. Triple HIIIIIAAZ !

Edited by yuquidam

24 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

But i really dont thk wP made any mistakes they were put in a situatn that lead them to those “situatns”

i felt bad for sylvia etc

I felt real bad for Mr Low Thia Kiang who did so much for WP. He is one of the 2 opposition persons I respect very much. The other is Mr Chiam See Tong. Wish he didn't trust that bunch of blood suckers [aka the Town Council GM] who siphoned off the money.

Edited by yuquidam

3 hours ago, p2468 said:

I agreed that MIW need to be check. But the quality of the opp are there to oppo and make noise. When you check, you need to provide a solution too. But what I see is check and check but no recommendation solution. 

precisely, that's why i said SG don't need 10 opposition party, where to find so much talents? But if your area happen to have a good one, then do support them because no matter how good they are,  if no one dare to support then also no use and yes,  in 2020, we are still hearing people in the civil service not dare to vote opposition in case they got found out and loose their job or promotion opportunity,  how ridiculous can that be. 

13 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

...low tK departure is a strategy, trust me! Not just to path ways for newbies of cos

Oh really?  Because of the court case? 

I don't dislike Sylvia but thot that as a law lecturer, one should never have allowed pre-signed cheques for the GM. It so obviously defeated the purpose of 2 signatories for control. Was hoping she could be of better help to LTK. I may be wrong to blame her entirely for it. They both shouldn't be so trusting. It may cost them dearly as those sitting on the fence may swing to the ruling party. Think WP won with only a narrow margin last election?

Edited by yuquidam

Guest Guest

To be honest, I am really scared WP will lose both Aljunied and Hougang to PAP this time, and PAP might really get a clean sweep of all the seats already. I am no longer as confident as I was in 2015 over WP's win, especially after how PAP set them up and bashed them for almost the entire decade, despite all of WP's efforts in providing us with an opposition voice in Parliament, To make matters worse, even though WP won both Aljunied and Hougang in 2015 finally, the winning margin was almost razor thin. Now, no matter what anyone says of NCMP having voting rights or not, there might just be the minimal 3 NCMP to represent opposition voice and for the next 5 years. If a current team of both NCMP and opposition MPs has not been able to do a proper check and balance of the current all-powerful PAP right now, what do you think a bunch of the minimal 3 NCMP do?  

PAP may really get what they want in this 2020 election: FIXED all the opposition till they all become extinct. We might just as well forget about voting in any elections after this year. 

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Lee Kuan Yew was once an opposition So if Singapore needs another Lee Kuan Yew, We have to be prepared to vote for opposition again Tan Suling'

I find it mind boggling whenever a PAP supporter says that opposition got no track record, so cannot vote them in.

Did you know that LKY and team were once opposition politicians who had zero track record?

Or how about the paper generals? What experience do they have outside of the military?

in 2015, we almost sees a wipe out. this time we have a 4 huge budget, covid 19 in the picture. remember the time when we only have 1 opposition in parliament and a huge influx of FT? I am sorry to say. they need transportation and food delivery too right? many singaporeans are throwing away their future when they receive a small fraction of their own money. Hong Kong gave every resident 10k, no question asked and still being so near to china, they out perform us in pandemic management.

Edited by drektster

22 minutes ago, jlone said:

Nonsence, I have more confidence.

you too optimistic,

WP wont be able to win sengkang and east coast,

and i think they will really lose aljunied and hougang this time by a small margin.

in fact many sporeans think that way too.

Guest Guest
54 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

To be honest, I am really scared WP will lose both Aljunied and Hougang to PAP this time, and PAP might really get a clean sweep of all the seats already. I am no longer as confident as I was in 2015 over WP's win, especially after how PAP set them up and bashed them for almost the entire decade, despite all of WP's efforts in providing us with an opposition voice in Parliament, To make matters worse, even though WP won both Aljunied and Hougang in 2015 finally, the winning margin was almost razor thin. Now, no matter what anyone says of NCMP having voting rights or not, there might just be the minimal 3 NCMP to represent opposition voice and for the next 5 years. If a current team of both NCMP and opposition MPs has not been able to do a proper check and balance of the current all-powerful PAP right now, what do you think a bunch of the minimal 3 NCMP do?  

PAP may really get what they want in this 2020 election: FIXED all the opposition till they all become extinct. We might just as well forget about voting in any elections after this year. 

After reading your post and the way you described, my feeling is not so much of scare but rather sadness .... my west coast grc also no chance ah .... 😔

41 minutes ago, Guest Sad said:

you too optimistic,

WP wont be able to win sengkang and east coast,

and i think they will really lose aljunied and hougang this time by a small margin.

in fact many sporeans think that way too.

You are too pessimistic. Dun be too confident for a party of arrogance, hypocricy n non transparency !

People must be blinded to vote for them!

Edited by jlone

Guest Try and see

Let's just say that when I look at this picture . . . 

20200629-235629.jpg

. . . I'm not really thinking about Nomination Day  😜 🍑

Guest Woot Woot
6 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Looking for visible undie lines.

Guest Butttt
13 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

20200629-235629.jpg

oh yes i saw this too!

caught my attention right away

such nice butts!

Guest Surya Kumar
12 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

20200629-235629.jpg

Watching their 6.

33 minutes ago, jlone said:

You are too pessimistic. Dun be too confident for a party of arrogance, hypocricy n non transparency !

People must be blinded to vote for them!

u just said it, people are blind and the votes go to them. This election quite difficult, all the advantages are not with the opposition,  let see how the line-up tomorrow.

Guest Clock Work
15 minutes ago, jlone said:

How come 6 is refering to backside?

What significance is that number?

12 o’clock is straight in front of you, 6 is behind lo.

Guest Change.org
2 hours ago, StockBottom said:

6XSGwxt.jpg

Is it possible to start a petition online to get this stupid retired colonel struck off his position in Shell??

1 minute ago, Since u r here said:

I felt ncmp shdnt sit in the cabinet doing nothing, at least now they got to vote too... all Along they dont even have crumbs, now have something to work on...

as for aljunied doubt they will win it all back

NCMPS have access to all voting rights now and are able to voice their views. But without a constituency where they can gather feedback and concerns, it's just not the same. The other elected MPs will be less inclined to take them seriously as well. How can they make an impact that way? 

For Aljunied, it's just constant bullying by the majority party that makes it really hard for them to serve their residents properly. But correct me if I'm wrong. I also don't have much hope for WP to retain back Aljunied. hope will lie more in the Millennials and Gen Z as they tend to have strong opinions and are more independent-minded, but what side are they leaning more towards to? We won't know for sure.

Guest Guest

I dun mean to be a spoilsport, but if you have noticed, the only few constant opposing voices here are @jlone, @lonelyglobe@StockBottom.

Some of us are just on the fence for the time being, like @mate69, @cutejack, @yuquidam and even our most active BW member @Since u r here.

The rest are probably happy with status quo (as stated by a fellow BW member), or simply couldn't be bothered for whatever reasons.

Although one may argue that this observation applies only to us on this forum here, I think this is probably the exact same situation outside as well - dissent only from a small majority. The majority of SG, by and large, will still vote for the white because we're scared of changes (for the worse). It's sad, but that's the hard truth.

Just now, Guest Guest said:

I dun mean to be a spoilsport, but if you have noticed, the only few constant opposing voices here are @jlone, @lonelyglobe@StockBottom.

Some of us are just on the fence for the time being, like @mate69, @cutejack, @yuquidam and even our most active BW member @Since u r here.

The rest are probably happy with status quo (as stated by a fellow BW member), or simply couldn't be bothered for whatever reasons.

Although one may argue that this observation applies only to us on this forum here, I think this is probably the exact same situation outside as well - dissent only from a small majority. The majority of SG, by and large, will still vote for the white because we're scared of changes (for the worse). It's sad, but that's the hard truth.

N yrself even worse hiding n appearing as a guest. 

U r not right.

Yr statement n judgement is not right. 

10 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

20200629-235629.jpg

I am now so thinking of Nomination Day so that I can personally see what you in pic. And they go - left, right, left, right, as I walk behind them LOL

Guest Guest
24 minutes ago, cutejack said:

N yrself even worse hiding n appearing as a guest. 

U r not right.

Yr statement n judgement is not right. 

To be very honest, deep down in my heart, I do hope that I'm wrong. Really. I love Singapore, but that was when LKY was still in control. I also do not have faith in the current bunch of leader and his cronies. They set their own rules and everyone is forced to agree with them.

What we need is good, solid evidence to convince people that the current bunch has failed in delivering their promises.

If only we can trace back and compile a list of whatever promises they have made back then in 2015 (through videos or online news reports), and check each of them one by one to see if they have indeed come to pass in 2020. Otherwise it'll be really very hard to convince others that the current G has failed.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Am not sitting on the fence, really. I know what my MPs have done or have not done. Already decided since last year LOL.

But if that fella responsible for flip flopping on the LTA approval for e-scooter riding on foot- and shared paths causing so many deaths and so many injuries; and cost so many Singaporeans' money for previously LTA approved e-scooters but now made illegal by tmrw (can still send me the stupid reminders twice some more) will obviously get kosong from me if he is my MP... LOL

Edited by yuquidam

Guest Too Bad
26 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Hard truth, many young voters are also not exposed to FT problems until much later in the workforce and tendency is side with incumbent or void votes. A lot of sliver serpents are damn hardcore as well, the extent they defend their masters. With this covid fear, many will stay with incumbent as well.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, WheelofTime said:

NCMPS have access to all voting rights now and are able to voice their views. But without a constituency where they can gather feedback and concerns, it's just not the same. The other elected MPs will be less inclined to take them seriously as well. How can they make an impact that way? 

For Aljunied, it's just constant bullying by the majority party that makes it really hard for them to serve their residents properly. But correct me if I'm wrong. I also don't have much hope for WP to retain back Aljunied. hope will lie more in the Millennials and Gen Z as they tend to have strong opinions and are more independent-minded, but what side are they leaning more towards to? We won't know for sure.

Exactly my thoughts too. 

Last time, 69% of Singapore votes already got PAP 83 of the 89 MP seats in our Parliament. And the whole Singapore was left with only 6 WP opposition MPs who barely scraped through with some 50.95% of the votes at Aljunied and 57.69% of the votes at Hougang. To make matters worse, opposition even lost the 2 SMCs at Potong Pasir and Punggol East as well.

And now, with 3 original WP team members - Low Thia Khiang, Chen Show Mao, and Png Eng Huat - leaving to make way for the new and younger WP's members, WP only need to lose less than 1% of the votes in Aljunied and we would be handing 5 opposition MPs seats back to PAP already.  And with the bigger mandate given to PAP, it even went as far as to change the Constitution to strip us of our rights to vote for our President, and that was just barely 1 to 2 years after getting a bigger number of seats in Parliament. And in the meantime, the abuse of political powers for personal gains was also made so apparent for all of us to finally see for ourselves in the siblings' expose.  

To make matters worse, the COVID-19 situation right now also shows how unprepared we are for such crisis, even when that super unpopular 6.9 million Population White Paper was introduced almost SEVEN years ago in 2013. Excuse me, we are at only at 5.8 million population right now, and our COVID-19 situation has already gotten so out of hand that we have one of the highest number of infected per million population currently. And it is not that such risk was not raised to the government under PAP leadership. There was supposed to be an Infectious Disease execution plan or something like that to be implemented at the dormitories, but nobody did that at all. What have the PAP team been doing in the past SEVEN YEARS? Now that a single case has shown us the lack of active governance by PAP over the past 7 years, are there any more areas and situations that the government has been slipping up over the past 50 to 60 years? Do we need more crisis to hit us before we see for ourselves how unprepared we are for them? Is the government having too much time on their hands now to to "fix" the opposition simply because they have been too relaxed during the good times and and they have not been kept on their toes to do active governance? 

While it is comforting to see some Aljunied residents so supportive of WP, the fact remains that if every single one of the opposition supporters don't do our part for the future of our very own country, it will take just less than 1% of the Aljunied voters to swing over to PAP in this election, and we will have almost no checks and balances left in this government. Even communism in China still have other party members to keep their own Chinese Premier in check, do we have anyone to keep our PM in check? Each time the Party Whip is raised, the every single PAP MP cower and hide and vote according to the PM's wishes. "Ownself check ownself"? What a joke!

Maybe we should call just ourselves a Leetatorship after this election, since Communism doesn't even fit the bill in the modern context anymore. 

Guest Youngsters
15 minutes ago, Guest Too Bad said:

Hard truth, many young voters are also not exposed to FT problems until much later in the workforce and tendency is side with incumbent or void votes. A lot of sliver serpents are damn hardcore as well, the extent they defend their masters. With this covid fear, many will stay with incumbent as well.

I thought those undergrads in school should already have noticed the massive influx of FTs as lecturers no?

My brother turned on a Zoom lecture some time back for me to listen, and I was trying so hard to follow whatever the I****n lecturer was saying. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a racist. I'll say the same about a C****** lecturer from Motherland. I'm just specifically referring to those imported from overseas to work locally.

Seriously, are locals not good enough to be lecturers?? We need foreign workers yes, not to hold high positions where they earn much more than a typical Singaporean. We just need them for manual jobs like construction, infrastructure maintenance that's all.

But then again, youngsters these days are preoccupied more with themselves more with the bigger picture. They are only interested in showing off what good stuff they own on Instagram. I hope they realise that very soon in the future when they start working themselves, these good stuff they own will no longer be so easily within reach.

Guest Guest

Thought he has a Ong Ye Kung vibe, turns out they are cousins!

Ong Ye Kung confirms he and PAP new face Xie Yao Quan are cousins

"Our mothers are sisters, we used to play as kids," said Education Minister Ong Ye Kung, in reference to PAP new face Xie Yao Quan, 35, who is part of the party's line-up in Jurong GRC. Mr Ong was speaking to the media at the PAP's Gambas branch, where he had gathered with the rest of his Sembawang GRC team.

"I have not seen him for many many years. He used to call me kor kor...now he calls me Min Ong," said Mr Ong, 50, with a laugh.

When asked if he had advice for Mr Xie, he said: "Work hard, do your best, be humble, show residents that you care."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore-live-blog#Echobox=1593483830

16 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

Like a cute puppy!

Hope he doesn't change for the worse if he gets elected.

20200629-181214.jpg

Guest Too Bad
24 minutes ago, Guest Youngsters said:

I thought those undergrads in school should already have noticed the massive influx of FTs as lecturers no?

My brother turned on a Zoom lecture some time back for me to listen, and I was trying so hard to follow whatever the I****n lecturer was saying. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a racist. I'll say the same about a C****** lecturer from Motherland. I'm just specifically referring to those imported from overseas to work locally.

Seriously, are locals not good enough to be lecturers?? We need foreign workers yes, not to hold high positions where they earn much more than a typical Singaporean. We just need them for manual jobs like construction, infrastructure maintenance that's all.

But then again, youngsters these days are preoccupied more with themselves more with the bigger picture. They are only interested in showing off what good stuff they own on Instagram. I hope they realise that very soon in the future when they start working themselves, these good stuff they own will no longer be so easily within reach.

You’d be surprised, my nephews all liddat, dun care one, the lecturers to them is just one-off or first few experience, hasn’t hit them yet. When they start finding it hard to look for work, then enter the workplace a few years then start to realise something amiss.

Guest Guest
12 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Thought he has a Ong Ye Kung vibe, turns out they are cousins!

Ong Ye Kung confirms he and PAP new face Xie Yao Quan are cousins

"Our mothers are sisters, we used to play as kids," said Education Minister Ong Ye Kung, in reference to PAP new face Xie Yao Quan, 35, who is part of the party's line-up in Jurong GRC. Mr Ong was speaking to the media at the PAP's Gambas branch, where he had gathered with the rest of his Sembawang GRC team.

"I have not seen him for many many years. He used to call me kor kor...now he calls me Min Ong," said Mr Ong, 50, with a laugh.

When asked if he had advice for Mr Xie, he said: "Work hard, do your best, be humble, show residents that you care."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore-live-blog#Echobox=1593483830

Wow! Perfect demonstration of the Chinese saying "肥水不外人田"!

Encouraging his cousin to also climb onto the ivory tower and savour in the riches awaiting him. So nice and caring of him. We love connections, don't we?

• G_M locked this topic
  • HendryTan unlocked this topic