Male HQ

Scam Alerts : Grindr + Love + Massage + Job + Online + Loan + Gov Call Scam (compiled)

Guest Tom

• 1 month later...

it happens a few months back. My youtrip was hacked and the scammers behind brought itune with it. i call youtrip and apple. apple decided to refund and cancelled the account of which did the transaction. Youtrip and Apple confirm that the transaction is done locally in Singapore. I did not make a police report but i have youtrip send me a card with a different number. I am not an IT expert, but could this means that Singapore is also a scammer hub too?

I am not sure which local bank which Youtrip transacted with. I hope the banks has much stronger security system.

2 hours ago, sgmaven said:

Errr... If you are so "interested" in this matter, why didn't you report this incident to the police?

Maybe he just need attentions or he thinks members and guests here know IT or all are police.

On 11/5/2022 at 10:49 AM, drektster said:

it happens a few months back. My youtrip was hacked and the scammers behind brought itune with it. i call youtrip and apple. apple decided to refund and cancelled the account of which did the transaction. Youtrip and Apple confirm that the transaction is done locally in Singapore. I did not make a police report but i have youtrip send me a card with a different number. I am not an IT expert, but could this means that Singapore is also a scammer hub too?

I am not sure which local bank which Youtrip transacted with. I hope the banks has much stronger security system.

I don't think we can call Singapore a scammer hub because there's obviously some countries that "openly" turn blind eyes to certain activities.

I'm not sure how youtrip work. If it's just a normal old fashioned (without 2FA) credit card, it's not too difficult to acquire leaked/hacked list of cards and then "purchase" things though it. If it's a user account, it could be something else of yours got leaked/hacked and you are using the same password for youtrip.

"Cheating" in Singapore is not uncommon, it's not worth reporting unless it's a big sum of money, neither is the punishment for the crime that serious. When done locally, it could mean the IP address is local/VPN, or the itune card is brought from a store (like 7-eleven). The person buying it could be working for a "scammer" who tricks the person to make purchases online etc (tons of youtube videos on the modus operandi of scammers).

Do not count on banks to secure your money. In this case, you got leaked/hacked and really it's not the bank's fault. Best part is, even if they caught the person (in Singapore), there's no need to reinstitute your losses. E.g. Your bank Password is the same as another account, they cloned your phone number to receive your 2FA. By using this combination, all the money can be transferred out of your bank account and it's not the bank's responsibility. It will just be another sophisticated scam/hack and case closed.

• G_M changed the title to Scam Alerts : Grindr + Love + Massage + Job + Online + Loan + Gov Call Scam (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.