Male HQ

Places To Dine Alone

Guest lonely diner

Guest lonely diner

on lonely nites when u like to have a good dinner alone. got any good recommendations.

i usually eat at the sushi bar or terpanyaki at sushi tei.

anyone else got favorite spots of food with reasonable prices. i drive.

When I am alone I prefer to eat something that is quick and simple and get out of the place. Otherwise I will cook something simple at home like a bowl of noodles.

How you guys ever realised you tend to eat a lot lesser when eating alone? for example you go to fast food order a meal (burger, drink and fries) and normally cannot finish everything if alone but will finish everything if with friends.

Guest hstnasia

Well, I eat alone most of the time and I go anywhere I like. I occasionally go Equinox or Les Ami alone... Don't have to feel bad or anything, we are there to enjoy ourselves and after all, we are paying customer. So, who care!!! :)

Guest lonely diner

i went several restaurants. their set meals requires minimal 2 person. that is their way to force single diners to ala carte menu. more expensive.

which restaurant are single friendly ?

Guest Lone eater

I also like to go near China town area. Sometime I eat at liang court basement the japanese udon, than go upstair mcdonald to drink teh and idle away. If still hungry, I will buy a packet of sushi (at night discount) from the japanese supermart and bring home for snack. If bored, walk over to THE CENTRAL to see-look-see-look. If it is friday night, will peep into club17, if still hungry drop by at burger king or star buck opposite the road. For cheaper food, the food court on the top floor of THE CENTRAL sell quite reasonable food and sometime not crowded..very peaceful and can see the scene of the river and night clark quay

If want something local, eat at Maxwell hawker center, than cross over to chinatown for dessert or hop over to starbuck at capital tower...all walking distant. IP burger king or amara hotel berger king also offer quiet ambience at night. Try the sub-way sandwich in amara hotel or the food court above amara hotel. I always eat first than head to nearby quiet place with aircon for cooling drink.

If you work in RP, go to the food court opposite the EXCHANGE or CHINA SQUARE followed by cooling drink at spinelli which is another quiet places.

Food court at Anchor point opposite IKEA also not too bad, nice warm setting and can do shopping there - read books, drink kopi, got dessert shops somemore.

If you are at dhoby ghaut MRT, walk over to Park Mall, basement selling japanese food at reasonable price, there are other food stall too, very quiet and peaceful.

If you are vegetarian, the vegetarian stall (next to OCBC ATM) at fotrune center also quite quiet at night and one of the china smooth bear who is a cook serve as eyes appetizer. I think he is a panda from china...hahah.

If you are at City Hall or Bras Bash complex, walk over to shaw tower, 2nd floor turkist restaurant (price reasonable), very quiet and nice view of the city too. The ambience is dark with candlelight. The first floor next to starbuck is another cafe selling local delights like mee siam, laksa, nasi lemak, spring roll is another quiet place.

If you are at Novena, venture a little further to Goldhill square, basement foodcourt than to starbuck and Mcdonald - cosy and warm. There also got chinese restaurant selling Sui Jiao or quo tie (I think).

If you love the city, shenton way Saeki Sushi also quite quiet and got few starbuck outlets.

Tanglin Mall weekday night time foodcourt also like "ghost town". Got see Ang Mo reading books while eating peacefully. Thereafter head over to market place for grocery or spend a lonely night in Mcondald dreaming.

So far can only think of the above few places which are quiet and mostly got aircon and within walking distance to bus stop and MRT for direct home after that. If you drive, sure got more places to go one, not just the above.

I enjoy eating by myself every so often and I should try it out when I am back in Singapore next time :) I recall Les Amis pretty well. Went there several times when I was dating this guy then. Always thought of it as a couple-ish sort of place but glad to hear that it will accommodate singles.

Love. 

• 3 months later...

I took me a long time before I can eat by myself in a restaurant. It wasn't such a bad experience. But usually when I do, I like to sit by the bar, order a drink or two, chat with the bartender and get their recommendations of what's good. usually they will buy you a round.

Love. 

Ha ha ha! What's it with Les Amis and dining alone there. I go there ocassionally too when I feel the need to splurge, or if it's on expense. The new chef there (Armin) is amazing! Maybe we single diners should one day do a dinner there.

On another note, if money's no matter, Iggy's at the Regent is another good choice (sit at the counter), or other single friendly restaurants that are good that don't cost a bomb include Brown Sugar, Sage, and Les Artists Bistrot.

Hope this helps....

haha... this thread should be moved to the Imperial Kitchen folder... but then I suppose less people go there than the main board...

Yes I agree... it's sometimes fun and sometimes not ... to dine alone... and wow... you guys are rich... to dine at Les Ames...

I do remember dining there with a very very good friend... the ambiance, the food, and most important of all, the wine... first rate... after a very very slow dinner, with a bottle of good french wine... go to the ground floor, and continue with dessert wine, cheeses and a long and strong cigar... Their desert cheeses are quite good... and so is the cigars...

can a person finish a bottle of Krug all by himself? haha actually, yes... if you start at dinner and drink all the way till the end of the cigar... goes well with cheeses and caviar too...

damn... so decadant...

:whistle: :smokin: :whistle:

One of my fave places to eat alone is Da Paolo at Cross Street. I love the atmosphere there. It's not too crowded in the evening too.

Others to name a few include:

Dan Ryan's (a little noisy. I like that it's in Orchard but not in the heart of Orchard)

Shahi Maharani (North Indian restaurant at Fairmont Hotel...love the traditional indian music)

Sushi Tei at Far East Square (in the evening)

Aglio Olio at Tanjong Pagar (behind old Ten Men's Club)

Faber Rock (Mount Faber)

If you drive, you may appreciate places with free parking. That way you can bring a good book along and really take your time.

Try east coast park at the former Big Splash. park along roadside. The Old Town White Coffee has a pretty nifty Prawn Mee. Make sure you get yourself some "sambal belachan" (blachan chilli sauce) in a separate dish, its fabulous. Plus after your meal, you can go to Fort Road carpark and get your "dessert". You may even bump into me there!!!

Or if you are in north you can go to a japanese restaurant (I forget the name) in one of those shophouses opposite Sin Ming ( about 50 m away from Thomson Plaza). This place is a few doors away from the UOB bank. If you go slightly later than dinner time (8 plus maybe), you may be able to find parking. The parking is along a service road parallel to Upper Thomson Road. The sukiyaki is quite good and value for money.

SP

on lonely nites when u like to have a good dinner alone. got any good recommendations.

i usually eat at the sushi bar or terpanyaki at sushi tei.

anyone else got favorite spots of food with reasonable prices. i drive.

We see things not as they are, but as WE are - The Talmud

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear - The Buddha

I just dined alone today. Quite a nice place, value for money italian food.

Saizeria at Liang Court

#02-22

I had a hamburger steak & pork hot plate at $8++ and a Meat Doria at $4.28++

Total spent $14.43 for a filling, hearty italian meal.

Strangely, the restaurant has its fair share of fans and critics.

The table opposite me said that the hamburg steak was lousy. *Shrugs* I liked it. Will be visiting again to try the $13++ steak.

http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=Saizeria

http://www.saizeriya.co.jp/

jefzebel:

is there a da paolo on cross street? the nearest one i can think of from cross street is on club street. the neil road one has closed a while ago.

koolkai:

what is your definition of "not expensive"? mebbe give a numerical figure? makes it easier to make recommendations...

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

jefzebel:

is there a da paolo on cross street? the nearest one i can think of from cross street is on club street. the neil road one has closed a while ago.

They've closed? Really? The one near to Spizza? I swear I saw it there not long ago. Oh well....I guess i can still frequent the one at Holland V.

Thanks for the info, akated!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.