Male HQ

$100 tourism voucher for Sporean

lonelyglobe

Damn.. JEWEL was busying... I guess many has exchanged their voucher to visit. Aquarium next.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Managed to book S.E.A. aquarium at Sentosa on this weekend. Just need to fork out $5 cash for the ticket as i only used $30 from the available e-voucher.

Tickets are selling fast during this December school holiday season. Certain days may be sold out if do not plan in advanced.

1 hour ago, Sun said:

Managed to book S.E.A. aquarium at Sentosa on this weekend. Just need to fork out $5 cash for the ticket as i only used $30 from the available e-voucher.

Tickets are selling fast during this December school holiday season. Certain days may be sold out if do not plan in advanced.

Wah you book a weekend, might be crowded as hell. But guess you are one of those who are working. Good thing for me is I am not working still due to COVID. When I went to JEWEL yesterday, I did not think there would be much people but turns out there were a lot... and I think most are because of the $100 voucher. That's a week day. All the attractions were with long Qs.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

10 hours ago, upshot said:

Wah you book a weekend, might be crowded as hell. But guess you are one of those who are working. Good thing for me is I am not working still due to COVID. When I went to JEWEL yesterday, I did not think there would be much people but turns out there were a lot... and I think most are because of the $100 voucher. That's a week day. All the attractions were with long Qs.

I applied leave and supposed to go Aquarium yesterday using SRV. But tickets were sold out due to last min booking..lol...However managed to book on weekend instead of Friday. Hence, had to go shopping at city center and crowds were seen everywhere at malls.

All the attractions or scenic places are expected to have long queue formed due to school holiday and the temptation of the vouchers. Must chiong at the earliest if want to avoid/siam the crowd. 

why are taxpyers money wasted on these vouchers? The government really know how to waste people's money! These millions can be used to help the poor and needy instead of going into the deep pockets of the greedy bosses whose care is their P&L!

4 hours ago, Sun said:

I applied leave and supposed to go Aquarium yesterday using SRV. But tickets were sold out due to last min booking..lol...However managed to book on weekend instead of Friday. Hence, had to go shopping at city center and crowds were seen everywhere at malls.

All the attractions or scenic places are expected to have long queue formed due to school holiday and the temptation of the vouchers. Must chiong at the earliest if want to avoid/siam the crowd. 

Hope you have a great time there.. I will be there next week. Have a change of heart this last week. I was looking at the numbers of people who booked it and was thinking it will be too high. If you are there to view the sea lifes, it is not as bad but I am there to shot with tripod and camera gear.

12 hours ago, mate69 said:

Redeem from January onwards better

lesser crowds because not school hols

Hopefully the tourists would not come back by then?! Or even much more crowded when phase 3 started.

9 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Hopefully the tourists would not come back by then?! Or even much more crowded when phase 3 started.

Jan should be ok but not after that,  with more people taking the vaccines shot in Europe and US, i m sure our door will be open again from Feb onwards.  One criteria for Phase 3 is 70% take up rate of trace together, currently only 50%.

Edited by Healing Therapy

Does that mean you guys will have less than  1 hour to do the booking for these two hotels from now onwards, and the hotels will be a lot more empty until Jan 21? 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-resorts-world-sentosa-equarius-beach-villas-suspended-13818772?cid=TWTcna

"The suspension will begin on Tuesday and end on Jan 21, 2021, with bookings allowed to resume the day after. 

"The two hotels are not permitted to accept new bookings for the duration of the suspension. However, they are still permitted to fulfil existing bookings," said STB in a media release.

On 12/14/2020 at 7:39 PM, Guest Lazarus said:

I went to Lazarus Island today. So many families and kids.

Everywhere many families and kids even on weekdays. People already forget all about covid.

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Everywhere many families and kids even on weekdays. People already forget all about covid.

School holiday,  cannot go JB or oversea, what to do. 

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Does that mean you guys will have less than  1 hour to do the booking for these two hotels from now onwards, and the hotels will be a lot more empty until Jan 21? 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-resorts-world-sentosa-equarius-beach-villas-suspended-13818772?cid=TWTcna

"The suspension will begin on Tuesday and end on Jan 21, 2021, with bookings allowed to resume the day after. 

"The two hotels are not permitted to accept new bookings for the duration of the suspension. However, they are still permitted to fulfil existing bookings," said STB in a media release.

After the mandarin hotel covid incidents,  got to think twice about staycation especially those hotel that are also housing people serving stay at home notices. 

There's honestly nothing I'd want to spend the $100 voucher on. As some have already pointed out, the voucher is merely a gateway to get people to spend more money out of their own pockets to top up the $100 value for most of the stuff on the list of what you can use the voucher for. 

It's just a roundabout more PR-friendly way for our government that has an infamous aversion to anything that smacks of "welfare" to dole out welfare bailout cash to struggling local tourism and leisure businesses without directly giving them the money, or more concretely opening the country up into a Phase 3 that is a lot more meaningful than just "5 pax increase to 8 pax for gatherings". Notice the biggest non-essential industry the government isn't bothering to save or help with all this? Yep. Nightclubs and bars and general alcohol nightlife businesses. Even family-friendly karaoke places like Teoheng become collateral because make no mistake, it's the KTVs the government is going after amongst other things. 

Leisure and entertainment in Singapore, giving us $100 vouchers as a gateway drug to stimulate spending? Give me a break. Its all just badly thought out societal monetary support and morale policies. 

3 hours ago, West93 said:

There's honestly nothing I'd want to spend the $100 voucher on. As some have already pointed out, the voucher is merely a gateway to get people to spend more money out of their own pockets to top up the $100 value for most of the stuff on the list of what you can use the voucher for. 

It's just a roundabout more PR-friendly way for our government that has an infamous aversion to anything that smacks of "welfare" to dole out welfare bailout cash to struggling local tourism and leisure businesses without directly giving them the money, or more concretely opening the country up into a Phase 3 that is a lot more meaningful than just "5 pax increase to 8 pax for gatherings". Notice the biggest non-essential industry the government isn't bothering to save or help with all this? Yep. Nightclubs and bars and general alcohol nightlife businesses. Even family-friendly karaoke places like Teoheng become collateral because make no mistake, it's the KTVs the government is going after amongst other things. 

Leisure and entertainment in Singapore, giving us $100 vouchers as a gateway drug to stimulate spending? Give me a break. Its all just badly thought out societal monetary support and morale policies. 

Kenneth Jeyaretnam: S'poreans get the govt they deserve - 12Sep2015 -  YouTube

4 hours ago, West93 said:

For a whole family, $100 voucher really cannot help much since will spend much more if go to these attraction or even staycations. But for single, this $100 voucher can allow the person to go at least 2 attractions lor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 4:22 PM, upshot said:

Hope you have a great time there.. I will be there next week. Have a change of heart this last week. I was looking at the numbers of people who booked it and was thinking it will be too high. If you are there to view the sea lifes, it is not as bad but I am there to shot with tripod and camera gear.

No regret to spend my first SRV at Aquarium to see sea life and capture them in my full frame camera. 

Next plan is to visit Singapore Zoo using SRV to see wildlife animals.

Thanks. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Aquarium as well.

On 12/31/2020 at 11:05 PM, Sun said:

No regret to spend my first SRV at Aquarium to see sea life and capture them in my full frame camera. 

Next plan is to visit Singapore Zoo using SRV to see wildlife animals.

Thanks. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Aquarium as well.

Jurong Bird Park is S$2.50 this month. Just get a telephoto lens to go with your full frame :D

https://www.wrs.com.sg/content/dam/wrs/wild-about-you/jbp-first-price-promo-tnc.pdf

2 hours ago, StockBottom said:

Jurong Bird Park is S$2.50 this month. Just get a telephoto lens to go with your full frame :D

https://www.wrs.com.sg/content/dam/wrs/wild-about-you/jbp-first-price-promo-tnc.pdf

Must be super crowded with such a cheap entrance fee! Since many people in sg are always very free and also very cheapo to take advantage of such promo.

• 2 months later...

I am still "struggling" with where to go visit.  Is underwater world still pack?  That is the one and only place I wanted to go.  Other than that,  cannot donate the voucher to the needy.  Anyone spend it already?  What is the best use of it.  I am not going to use it to pay for Orchid Garden,  National Museum or any of the boring places.  I want value for money visit.  So How?

Guest googlister

google this:

best ways to use 100 tourist voucher

10. Go on a romantic sunset cruise with the Royal Albatross

15. Discover Singapore’s last floating fish farm

Guest Guest
49 minutes ago, Guest How? said:

I am still "struggling" with where to go visit.  Is underwater world still pack?  That is the one and only place I wanted to go.  Other than that,  cannot donate the voucher to the needy.  Anyone spend it already?  What is the best use of it.  I am not going to use it to pay for Orchid Garden,  National Museum or any of the boring places.  I want value for money visit.  So How?

March holidays coming, wanna use now also hard.

And better dun wait till June. By then everyone will rush to use it. 

Guest Cheebye
2 hours ago, Guest How? said:

I heard from frds that at some places, you are only allowed to use ONE $10 voucher. Meaning the rest must all be paid with cash. So effectively just like a % discount.

Guest Kan Na Sai
13 minutes ago, Guest Cheebye said:

I heard from frds that at some places, you are only allowed to use ONE $10 voucher. Meaning the rest must all be paid with cash. So effectively just like a % discount.

Wa Lau Eh!!! This is really Chee Bye,  tell us which one we blacklist.

Guest Cinderalla
15 hours ago, Guest googlister said:

google this:

15. Discover Singapore’s last floating fish farm

Looks good.  Is the captain cute?  I want his company throughout the journey inside royal Albatross on a quiet evening with me, his only customer.  

Guest guest guest
On 1/3/2021 at 2:23 PM, StockBottom said:

I am afraid BW ers will be pointing their telephoto lenses at other male customer's face , crotch , bodies, and exotic birdies ,  instead of the real feathered attractions. 

causing other patrons discomfort. 

never underestimate the power of lust and droolsomrey.

Guest Guest
15 hours ago, Guest googlister said:

google this:

this Royal Albatross is the one that says they only want classy and willing to spend people onboard and 

not trashy transsexuals who only want to create trouble.

personally i wouldn’t want to support such company with myopic mindset.

Guest I love Birds
47 minutes ago, Guest guest guest said:

I am afraid BW ers will be pointing their telephoto lenses at other male customer's face , crotch , bodies, and exotic birdies ,  instead of the real feathered attractions. 

Bird park is a place for Birds watching. What is there to feel discomfort?  Unless you willingly show your bird.  I don't mind watching bird well confined comfortably within their own cage.

Guest What?
38 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

this Royal Albatross is the one that says they only want classy and willing to spend people onboard and 

not trashy transsexuals who only want to create trouble.

Any evidence or link?  This is illegal.

9 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

go google it. they later issue an apology but  damage already done.

Ya, the boss pushed the blame on his staffs. Cunning.  I blacklisted them entirely.

Guest trashy
45 minutes ago, Guest What? said:

What is there "illegal"?

Any operator can reject customers, in Singapore must not even give a reason (unless he says due to religion or race).

Go MBS, usual local wear slipper and wonder why can't enter...

Was there any news the cruise ship provider rejected Trans people? If not it is just a blank allegation.

Guest two cents fifty

1 hour ago, Guest guest guest said:

the 2.50 promotion ended 31 Jan.

Best was in the T&C they wrote only valid for tickets from 1 - 31 Jan 2020. (2020 not 2021)...

Surely, some guys will expand their lenses for others to have a closer viewing. Why should it be called bird park?

Guest trashy

Better avoid Royal Albatross - they are really trashy discriminating

(and this after trans people are know to drink more Dom Perignon champagne than the average LGBTQ population) 🤣:

Cruise Line Hit With Backlash For Saying They Don't Want 'Trashy' Trans People On Their LGBTQ+ Cruise

Koh Mochizuki Nov. 12, 2020

Royal Albatross Superyacht cancelled their LGBTQ-friendly event that turned out not to be so friendly after all.

One of its employees was caught in a chat expressing they wanted to exclude "trashy" trans from attending.

LGBTQ meetup app Prout exposed the transphobic conversation on social media, initially without naming the yacht company.

In the chat, the unnamed employee said they wanted to "remove" the trans community from the cruise's Loveislove sail event, saying "transexuals" were "very intense" and that the company did not "need the drama."

The conversation continued:

"And they cannot afford. They only want to create trouble. Maybe we are more to the gay and lesbians group? What do u think? R u getting alot of negative from trans?"
"I just don't want to damage my ___ brand, only want like-minded people. Because we [are] not targeting the trashy transexual kind who only want to create trouble."

img.png?quality=75&width=800

Prout/Facebook

Internet sleuths managed to identify the company holding the event as Sentosa island's Royal Albatross—a Singapore-based charter and dinner cruise company.

The controversy prompted an apology that was posted on the yacht company's Facebook page.

The CEO of Royal Albatross also personally emailed Prout co-founder Cally Cheung an apology, but Cheung later discovered they blocked her company on Instagram.

Cheung told Coconuts:

"I have just communicated with the CEO as he emailed me personally to apologize and also share with me his public apology as our social media account remains blocked by them."

Prout had initially agreed to collaborate with Royal Albatross on a series of private dinners catering towards the LGBTQ community and even promoted the events on Instagram.

However, an employee later reached out saying they specifically wanted to invite lesbians and gays, not "transexuals."

Prout admonished Royal Albatross by emphasizing that:

"marginalised communities are not here to be exploited by brands and companies to tap on the pink dollar for. If a company is not truly inclusive and does not contribute to uplifting the community, we have no wish to collaborate with them."

"Secondly, to call the trans community 'trashy' is offensive and degrading. Transgender persons have historically been discriminated, and it is utterly dehumanizing to use the word 'trashy' as it reinforces stigma against them."

"Prout DOES NOT stand for transphobia."

"Thirdly, the term 'transsexual' is dated, and can be offensive to those within the trans community. It is more appropriate to address the community as the transgender community. When in doubt, always ask the preferred term."

"As a LGBTQ community group, we are committed to standing with our transgender friends. We have conveyed our disapproval to the company, and reiterated that it is unacceptable to chase the pink dollar without any real consideration for the community."

"We hope that companies that wish to market to the LGBTQ community will do their homework, understand the struggles our community face, and be true allies."

Once they were exposed, Royal Albatross went into damage control by issuing the following statement:

"Sincere apologies from the Management. We would like to thank all those that supported our #LoveIsLove sail—a private event targeted at the gay and lesbian community."

"Special thanks to those in that community to whom we reached out to; that validated the concept and also offered to sell tickets via their own personal platforms. Our objective was to provide a private romantic dinner cruise experience without judgement."

"Yesterday, a staff member communicated privately with someone and used a bad choice of words to address our target audience. The comments do not represent the position of this company, we retract them entirely and we apologise."

"We have since corrected the staff member and we will ensure we are more sensitive when it comes to our future communications."

The company expressed their regrets for excluding marginalized groups.

"In hindsight, we were naïve not to take into consideration the diversity of the entire LGBTQ+ community. We are sincerely sorry to have offended by what was said, it was not our intent to exclude any particular group. We welcome everyone."

Royal Albatross suspended their #LoveIsLove events in order to educate themselves on diverse communities and added they were implementing "diversity training" to all employees.

The statement continued:

"We invite any group organizers who would be interested in helping us and or holding events like these to contact us privately. Again, we apologize to anyone that was offended."

The ship's founder and CEO Peter L Pela told the media outlet he is planning to hold an event in the future that will be more inclusive for all.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest What? said:

well there is nothing illegal.

the business is entitled to their own preference and comments, its whether you wanna continue to support them anot.

Guest Angry Bird
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I will use it for staycay, $100, enough for 1 or 2 days. Saw some very good deals

Please share the link.  I have no many choice after blacklisted that stupid anti-LGBT yacht.

On 3/4/2021 at 12:54 PM, Guest trashy said:

Better avoid Royal Albatross - they are really trashy discriminating

(and this after trans people are know to drink more Dom Perignon champagne than the average LGBTQ population) 🤣:

Cruise Line Hit With Backlash For Saying They Don't Want 'Trashy' Trans People On Their LGBTQ+ Cruise

Koh Mochizuki Nov. 12, 2020

Royal Albatross Superyacht cancelled their LGBTQ-friendly event that turned out not to be so friendly after all.

One of its employees was caught in a chat expressing they wanted to exclude "trashy" trans from attending.

LGBTQ meetup app Prout exposed the transphobic conversation on social media, initially without naming the yacht company.

In the chat, the unnamed employee said they wanted to "remove" the trans community from the cruise's Loveislove sail event, saying "transexuals" were "very intense" and that the company did not "need the drama."

The conversation continued:

"And they cannot afford. They only want to create trouble. Maybe we are more to the gay and lesbians group? What do u think? R u getting alot of negative from trans?"
"I just don't want to damage my ___ brand, only want like-minded people. Because we [are] not targeting the trashy transexual kind who only want to create trouble."

img.png?quality=75&width=800

Prout/Facebook

Internet sleuths managed to identify the company holding the event as Sentosa island's Royal Albatross—a Singapore-based charter and dinner cruise company.

The controversy prompted an apology that was posted on the yacht company's Facebook page.

The CEO of Royal Albatross also personally emailed Prout co-founder Cally Cheung an apology, but Cheung later discovered they blocked her company on Instagram.

Cheung told Coconuts:

"I have just communicated with the CEO as he emailed me personally to apologize and also share with me his public apology as our social media account remains blocked by them."

Prout had initially agreed to collaborate with Royal Albatross on a series of private dinners catering towards the LGBTQ community and even promoted the events on Instagram.

However, an employee later reached out saying they specifically wanted to invite lesbians and gays, not "transexuals."

Prout admonished Royal Albatross by emphasizing that:

"marginalised communities are not here to be exploited by brands and companies to tap on the pink dollar for. If a company is not truly inclusive and does not contribute to uplifting the community, we have no wish to collaborate with them."

"Secondly, to call the trans community 'trashy' is offensive and degrading. Transgender persons have historically been discriminated, and it is utterly dehumanizing to use the word 'trashy' as it reinforces stigma against them."

"Prout DOES NOT stand for transphobia."

"Thirdly, the term 'transsexual' is dated, and can be offensive to those within the trans community. It is more appropriate to address the community as the transgender community. When in doubt, always ask the preferred term."

"As a LGBTQ community group, we are committed to standing with our transgender friends. We have conveyed our disapproval to the company, and reiterated that it is unacceptable to chase the pink dollar without any real consideration for the community."

"We hope that companies that wish to market to the LGBTQ community will do their homework, understand the struggles our community face, and be true allies."

Once they were exposed, Royal Albatross went into damage control by issuing the following statement:

"Sincere apologies from the Management. We would like to thank all those that supported our #LoveIsLove sail—a private event targeted at the gay and lesbian community."

"Special thanks to those in that community to whom we reached out to; that validated the concept and also offered to sell tickets via their own personal platforms. Our objective was to provide a private romantic dinner cruise experience without judgement."

"Yesterday, a staff member communicated privately with someone and used a bad choice of words to address our target audience. The comments do not represent the position of this company, we retract them entirely and we apologise."

"We have since corrected the staff member and we will ensure we are more sensitive when it comes to our future communications."

The company expressed their regrets for excluding marginalized groups.

"In hindsight, we were naïve not to take into consideration the diversity of the entire LGBTQ+ community. We are sincerely sorry to have offended by what was said, it was not our intent to exclude any particular group. We welcome everyone."

Royal Albatross suspended their #LoveIsLove events in order to educate themselves on diverse communities and added they were implementing "diversity training" to all employees.

The statement continued:

"We invite any group organizers who would be interested in helping us and or holding events like these to contact us privately. Again, we apologize to anyone that was offended."

The ship's founder and CEO Peter L Pela told the media outlet he is planning to hold an event in the future that will be more inclusive for all.

Goodness...anyone can be trashy. Be it gay, trans or straight. 

Their behaviour alone is already over the top trashy...bitching, blocking and such. 

Guest stayca

Shortlisted a few below $200. Any reviews or interesting comments of these hotels?

Can I use my parent's voucher to register? They need to be the one checking into hotel right?

https://www.klook.com/en-US/activity/44826-overnight-staycation-park-hotel-clarke-quay/#krt=s20&krid=1ac693f4-e52c-4812-45f9-aad879906c3b

https://www.klook.com/en-US/activity/52043-one-night-park-hotel-alexandra-staycation-breakfast/#krt=s20&krid=1ac693f4-e52c-4812-45f9-aad879906c3b

https://www.klook.com/en-US/activity/50774-1-night-stay-hotel-boss-complimentary-room-upgrade/#krt=s20&krid=95fa09f2-c1e7-4206-7f79-884bee1212c9

https://www.klook.com/en-US/activity/52151-1-night-stay-grand-park-orchard-breakfast/#krt=s20&krid=1ac693f4-e52c-4812-45f9-aad879906c3b

https://www.klook.com/en-US/activity/48208-1-night-stay-carlton-hotel-singapore-staycation /#krt=s20&krid=1ac693f4-e52c-4812-45f9-aad879906c3b

https://www.klook.com/en-US/activity/47775-staycation-hotel-g-singapore-f-b-dining-complimentary-bottle-wine/#krt=s20&krid=1ac693f4-e52c-4812-45f9-aad879906c3b

https://www.klook.com/en-US/activity/52157-couples-staycation-grand-park-city-hall-breakfast/#krt=s20&krid=1ac693f4-e52c-4812-45f9-aad879906c3b

https://www.klook.com/en-US/activity/50243-city-staycation-sheraton-towers-singapore-room-upgrades/#krt=s20&krid=1ac693f4-e52c-4812-45f9-aad879906c3b

https://www.klook.com/en-US/activity/50579-1-night-stay-four-points-sheraton-singapore-riverview-daily-breakfast/#krt=s20&krid=95fa09f2-c1e7-4206-7f79-884bee1212c9

• HendryTan changed the title to $100 tourism voucher for Sporean
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.