Male HQ

$100 tourism voucher for Sporean

lonelyglobe

On 9/23/2020 at 6:11 PM, Guest SIRS said:

Maybe this can put some light into the issue with SIRS:

Saw the heated debate about SIRS, and how the SEP must submit a registered company to apply.

I retired in Aug 2019, and have already been doing freelance/consulting work under an unregistered company, even while fully employed.

Applied back in May for SIRS, and was accepted. Got the 9k. 

My best advice to any SEPs or curious party, go to the SIRS website, there is a chat function which will connect you to a real service centre. They can help to advice which criteria you will fall under as there are many categories of eligibility.

The main factors are:

1. When you declare SEP status,

2. What you declare as Trade Income,

3. There is a tricky part (Qn 27), that is very confusing, most people click the wrong one, and as a result auto disqualified. 
4. The serviceperson also gave me detailed advice to put together the submission package, many tips and tricks.

As they say, free money not easy to get. As long as, you have invoices to prove, and the right evidence to prove your status, like me, you are eligible.

So to end the debate, you do not need to submit a registered company. Hope this helps others who in financial need, and true Self-Employed Person(s).

https://www.ntuc.com.sg/sirs/

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 9/16/2020 at 8:51 PM, Guest Try and see said:

Thanks!

So can two or more persons combine their vouchers for the staycation, or do they only accept the vouchers from the person who booked the hotel?

If can combine, maybe my parents and I can combine all our vouchers together and stay at Sentosa  😛

on a same note, are d vouchers transferable? my 76yo mom dont bother bout these things..can use her's? if u know the ans..

Guest Knowing
32 minutes ago, imran said:

on a same note, are d vouchers transferable? my 76yo mom dont bother bout these things..can use her's? if u know the ans..

My mom tore it and thrown it away because she said not convenient for her to move around at her age.  She prefer to just relax at home and watch TV drama.

So if my friend were to book a hotel room for the purpose of a orgy, is he (or she) still limited to the max 5 pax thing due to covid? 
Asking for a friend. 

• Confucius says: man who masturbates without tenga takes matter into his own hands.
  • The woman sat next to me on the train is writing a text on her iPhone. It's all underlined with the squiggly red line. Illiterate cunt.
  • Singapore's '白制服' 的官: 只准州官放火 | 不准百姓点灯
  • The Gynecologist - A lesbian went to the gynecologist one day, and as the doctor is examining her, he remarked, "My, aren't we clean today." "Yeah," replied the lesbian, "I have a woman who comes in twice a week."

12. Are vouchers transferable between individuals and can they be pooled with other people's vouchers?

Your SingapoRediscovers Vouchers cannot be stacked or combined with another person's within the same redemption.

But you may purchase an eligible product using your vouchers, and transfer the product to another person provided the merchant allows it.

For more information, please visit this website. A how-to video on how to redeem your vouchers is available online as well. Alternatively, a hotline (1800-2828-228) is open from 8am to 10pm daily, for those who might require further assistance.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/faq-who-will-get-singaporediscovers-vouchers-and-what-can-you-do-with-them

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

26 minutes ago, TPYmuscle69 said:

So if my friend were to book a hotel room for the purpose of a orgy, is he (or she) still limited to the max 5 pax thing due to covid? 
Asking for a friend. 

Why need to bring up the point of orgy here? Passive advertising? To answer your question of 5 pax in hotel, here's the article

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/videos-of-alleged-group-of-10-partying-in-hotel-spark-probe

31 minutes ago, upshot said:

12. Are vouchers transferable between individuals and can they be pooled with other people's vouchers?

Your SingapoRediscovers Vouchers cannot be stacked or combined with another person's within the same redemption.

But you may purchase an eligible product using your vouchers, and transfer the product to another person provided the merchant allows it.

For more information, please visit this website. A how-to video on how to redeem your vouchers is available online as well. Alternatively, a hotline (1800-2828-228) is open from 8am to 10pm daily, for those who might require further assistance.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/faq-who-will-get-singaporediscovers-vouchers-and-what-can-you-do-with-them

So many terms and conditions using this vouchers?! 

5 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

I managed to go into the website to take a look at what’s there in the offer. Sad to say, I did not find anything that interest me so far. Looks like I’m not gonna do anything w my voucher, at least the time being. 🙄

I don't think what is being offer in the website would change until the voucher expire in next year?! Should be the same thing they offered to you.

On 9/19/2020 at 11:59 PM, auscent said:

It is natural that every country should look after own citizens.

Having said that its hard on PRs. I know a PR who did the most work , quantity and quality, in her team apart from Team Leader. For 10 years. When the vouchers news said only citizens are included, she told me the pandemic helped reveal inequalities. Interestingly, she just applied to volunteer for an NGO during her annual leave.

PR also have de lah.  Sometime, you need to take news with some level of salt.  If they open their mouth, they will get it. 

Gonna spend most of mine at the Changi Airport for photography heh

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 11/26/2020 at 9:26 PM, Guest Guest said:

Why need to bring up the point of orgy here? Passive advertising? To answer your question of 5 pax in hotel, here's the article

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/videos-of-alleged-group-of-10-partying-in-hotel-spark-probe

That's a group of ten. We're talking about group of five here. Five is legal. Ten isn't. I'd like to believe that hotels would not mind too much if someone booked a room overnight but invited four friends to come by for drinks and games and whatever else behind closed doors. As long as they registered at the entrance and scanned safe entry and got their temperature checked, I don't see what the big issue is. Even if they overnight it isn't the hotel's business. 

7 hours ago, Guest Fatty said:

And hook up at jewel toilet? 

The airport as with any capital airport around the world given it's connectivity and focus to terrorism, the level of security and density of technological surveillance, any sane person will think twice about doing that. I am not that adventurous. hehe Living life is not all about sexual seeking at the earliest opportune.  For me there is a time and place for all things.  :P

2 hours ago, West93 said:

That's a group of ten. We're talking about group of five here. Five is legal. Ten isn't. I'd like to believe that hotels would not mind too much if someone booked a room overnight but invited four friends to come by for drinks and games and whatever else behind closed doors. As long as they registered at the entrance and scanned safe entry and got their temperature checked, I don't see what the big issue is. Even if they overnight it isn't the hotel's business. 

Just for clarification:

I know Pre-Covid guys booked hotel rooms and had sex orgies, even with different people entering at different timings or dividing the fun into different groups with two timings and so on.

This is a violation of the terms of booking a hotel room.

In the small print you would find that the booking is just for the person who did the booking (or a third party if you booked for someone else). At check in the hotel will take down the details of the persons staying at the room.

The small print will have a maximum capacity which is mostly 2 pax and kids. For kids above a certain age you would need to pay "extra bed fees". This person, who checked in and left the details is the one permitted to stay at the room.

Probably a short visit of someone else would be tolerated, e.g. an employee visiting to discuss some work details or even a relative bringing a birthday cake.

By the strict terms such persons would however not be permitted to sleep over.

But what you propose would not fit into the tolerated exceptions.

In the orgy case: not all guys turn up at the reception and leave their details when they collect the room key. Therefore, they are illegally using the hotel room.

Clearly they violate the booking conditions of the hotel room.

It might not be discovered or hotel staff will close both eyes, but you never know.

I remember some time back there was this case of a guy having some orgies and the hotel found out. Couldn't find the article on the net. He needed to pay some charges and was blocked from booking rooms (and probably black listed). The persons did nuisance to other rooms with loud music, chat and sex noise. That's how they gained "attraction" by the hotel to check what was going on.

With covid 19 rules and more requirements for such places: not sure "as long as scanned SafeEntry" is sufficient for such activities.

By the rules and terms it is a violation already in normal situations.

Means: There is a risk and it might be discovered. Hotels may mind.

Closing an eye doesn't mean it is permitted. During Covid Hotels might be more cautious on what is happening at their place due to more scrutiny by the authorities. Keep this in mind.

Browse through the 5 websites,  looks like a lot of choices but actually not.  If one is not interested in local attractions, half gone.

The hotels listed are really expensive with the so called inclusive items like food and spa credits which will only make you spend more. Somemore voucher cannot be pull together. Hotel alone, I think u can get a better deal on other hotel booking platform.  

Jewel should have their attractions tie up with say a shake shack meals 😋 afterall F&B in tourist attractions are affected too. For those looking to spend on food,  probably have to get a cable car combo, kelong with a brunch or some of those culture tour on offer. A yacht to southern island seem nice but have to fork out quite a bit after using the voucher 😂

Guest raunchy
2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Jewel should have their attractions tie up with say a shake shack meals 😋 afterall F&B in tourist attractions are affected too.

Jewel should have tied up their attractions with a raunchy hot male stripper event and nude bathing at the water fountain...

Hot meat you can get elsewhere without fee...

19 hours ago, Guest raunchy said:

Jewel should have tied up their attractions with a raunchy hot male stripper event and nude bathing at the water fountain...

... without fee, you get this. 

GIF fat - animated GIF on GIFER

Anyone gone to any of the Jewel attraction so far? Want to know how crowed it gets even for week days. Not sure if they limit how many can be allowed per day per location.

7 hours ago, upshot said:

Anyone gone to any of the Jewel attraction so far? Want to know how crowed it gets even for week days. Not sure if they limit how many can be allowed per day per location.

only went to Fairprice at Jewel before flights to stock up on snacks n Diet Coke or things you don't easily get overseas .....

There is nothing that would attract me to go, unless someone could confirm hunky SQ boys show off at the toilets

5 hours ago, Why? said:

I want to visit SEA underwater world at Resort World.  Issit better than the Zoo's waterworld?

To me it is... I am going to do photography at SEA again.. hope this time with COVID, there will be less people about so I can shoot with less people about. The lighting and manner the creatures are contain makes for some nice lit shots.

Edited by upshot

Guest Mr Hushy
3 hours ago, Guest hunky said:

unless someone could confirm hunky SQ boys show off at the toilets

Shhh! Don't be too loud . There is an ugly old man waiting to hop onto the first flight once vaccine is made available in his country.  I hope our country ban him from coming in .

13 minutes ago, kidster said:

Which staycation is the best deal? 

Decide for yourself.

How would we know what requirements and expectations you have and would make up for the best for you?

11 hours ago, Guest Mr Hushy said:

Shhh! Don't be too loud . There is an ugly old man waiting to hop onto the first flight once vaccine is made available in his country.  I hope our country ban him from coming in .

Let him come here and spend into the economy, just watching some boys on toilets isn't critical, maybe he invests even more into dating some then contributing further into the economy here...

If he is seriously ugly, then ... he won't get any cute SQ hunk for sure... at least some outdated locals get some "happiness" and action from him. I only see win win

Guest raunchy
On 12/3/2020 at 8:21 PM, Guest raunchy said:

22 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

... without fee, you get this. 

GIF fat - animated GIF on GIFER

You meant we are going to see you, if no fee is paid....

9 hours ago, kidster said:

Which staycation is the best deal? 

I just checked some of the website found Hotel 81 and some other buget hotel one night stay from 2pm to 11pm. The cheapest rate i found is $60 but max people is only 2.

Anyone here know which hotel allow one day staycation around $100 but allows a max of 5 people or at least 3 or 4 people etc.

1 hour ago, yoyo74 said:

I just checked some of the website found Hotel 81 and some other buget hotel one night stay from 2pm to 11pm. The cheapest rate i found is $60 but max people is only 2.

Anyone here know which hotel allow one day staycation around $100 but allows a max of 5 people or at least 3 or 4 people etc.

Ermmm what do u mean by 1 night stay?? 2pm to 11pm is not 1 night stay. Pls clarify.

Also...which is/are the hotel(s) that charge $60??

(forgive me for using the F word).

y'day i was fucking mad.

redeemed $60 of the voucher,

paid $6 via credit card,

got the email which contained the actual admission pass to USS.

took an expensive GRAB to RWS.

queued up at the ticketing-counter only to be told, "Dear Sir, we do not allow walkins. Pls go to our website to register a date that u wish to visit the park."

Why am i not complaining? I just attribute this happening to me as bad luck. or my lack of reading the fine print.

1 hour ago, 30yochinese said:

y'day i was fucking mad.

paid $6 via credit card,

queued up at the ticketing-counter only to be told, "Dear Sir, we do not allow walkins. Pls go to our website to register a date that u wish to visit the park."

Why am i not complaining? I just attribute this happening to me as bad luck. or my lack of reading the fine print.

I believe some attraction need to do reservations,  like USS,  the beach etc...  But this month is school holiday,  could be crowded even on weekdays, better wait till Jan or Feb but not later than that, then the mad tourist crowd will begin to descend on this tiny island. 

5 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

y'day i was fucking mad.

paid $6 via credit card,

Far as I thought, every visit has to be registered with a date. If there was no date picked, you still got thru to payment or accepting of the voucher? Maybe you can still go online to the site and pick a date still?

I picked dates for all my booking so far for next week.

2 hours ago, upshot said:

Far as I thought, every visit has to be registered with a date. If there was no date picked, you still got thru to payment or accepting of the voucher? Maybe you can still go online to the site and pick a date still?

I picked dates for all my booking so far for next week.

have fun for ur visits next week 👍

Guest tourister
8 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

I believe some attraction need to do reservations,  like USS,  the beach etc...  But this month is school holiday,  could be crowded even on weekdays, better wait till Jan or Feb but not later than that, then the mad tourist crowd will begin to descend on this tiny island. 

why speaking out against tourists visiting SGP?

Doesn't it bring revenue and jobs to locals?

You made good friends with a lot of locals out of job in the tourism sector....

How often do you go to these tourist spots to be bothered ?

2 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

have fun for ur visits next week 👍

Thanks... hope to capture more nice shots of exotic fishes ..last time I was there, too crowded and only had like 2 hours there...Photo shooting is never easy when you go with people who are not there to shoot photos.. they want to speed thru the sights.

Edited by upshot

13 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

y'day i was fucking mad.

paid $6 via credit card,

how is it possible that your redemption went thru w/o booking the dates? 

On 11/26/2020 at 9:22 PM, upshot said:

So far have check the cable car deals and they do allow using your voucher to book for someone else use 😀

On 12/6/2020 at 1:13 AM, mate69 said:

Ermmm what do u mean by 1 night stay?? 2pm to 11pm is not 1 night stay. Pls clarify.

Also...which is/are the hotel(s) that charge $60??

Go to the link https://www.visitsingapore.com/singaporediscovers/vouchers/ to check all your hotels from the 5 links. One of the links GLOBALTIX shows hotel 81 $60 per night 2pm to 11am max 2 person. You should check all 5 links as several of them have hotel staycation. I believe they constantly update it and might be a typo from am to pm when i see it. There are some package with time limitation on the offer so what i see will be constantly changing as well

3 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

Go to the link https://www.visitsingapore.com/singaporediscovers/vouchers/ to check all your hotels from the 5 links. One of the links GLOBALTIX shows hotel 81 $60 per night 2pm to 11am max 2 person. You should check all 5 links as several of them have hotel staycation. I believe they constantly update it and might be a typo from am to pm when i see it. There are some package with time limitation on the offer so what i see will be constantly changing as well

Hotel 81 also needs $60? Almost spend the whole $100 vouchers. I think some hotel 81 is used for SHN, don't think it is recommended to go stay.

• HendryTan changed the title to $100 tourism voucher for Sporean
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.