Male HQ

Kopi Anonymous

Hi All, I am Panda... and I'm a Kopi Addict! :smokin: (haha... i love this line from Alcohol Anonymous or any other support group...)

I think ever since i started working in CBD a few yrs ago, I started to down kopi like tap water... and I'm lovin' it! So which establishment's coffee do u like most?? I think for it's mainly the below for me (in no particular order):

1) Coffee & Toast

2) Ya Kun

3) Meredith & Michelle food court (basement of Hong Leong Building)

4) a few stalls at ground floor of Amoy Market (i will try take pictures and post it)

Koh Samui, I need u...

Spinelli's is also not bad...

I'm even ok wif Starbucks or Coffeebean, or Gloria Jeans..

but best for me is the Hainanese run coffeeshop ... less than a dollar a cup... and absolutely fabulous to drink, smell, etc

I found some pretty impressive coffee shop coffee in JB also...

i find that yakun is over rated. their bread is too thin, their coffee taste bad. ever since their outlet open more and more, their coffee got from bad to worst.

Coffee and toast is still okay and they serve great variety of bread too. Not to mention thick slice, even their kaya butter bread is better than yakun.

Nanyang coffee (Chinatown point 2nd level) one the best i ever tasted. Their coffee is quite consistent in taste and they serve a kind of special toast. They do have the traditional toast and their kaya is also great!

For the rest of the coffee outlet, i find tcc, pacific coffee, starbucks and coffee bean good. Gloria is not that nice and their cheesecake has a weird taste.

:D :D Happy.99, Doutor is only found in japan, i think. Yap, Dotour, is my recommended cafe outlets in Tokyo! :thumb: :thumb:

>all

A cup of doutor in the morning, keeps me fresh through out the day. A cup of doutor in the afternoon makes me cum 2.5 times. :lol: . and a cup of doutor kopi at night....

Not sure if i have overrated it, but try for urself when u come tokyo ;)

There is 1 for 1 Cafe Latte at Starbucks with UOB Signature Card and one CItibank Card (cant remember which) until end of 2008.

Its $5.30 for 2 cups, hot or cold, dine-in or take away. So only $2.65 per cup

Good value

NFB

Tks for the info.I was in Starbuck 2 times this week and I dun even know have such promo.

Edited by mature30

• 2 weeks later...

Just out in today's Sunday Times- a report card on the best coffee joints in the Orchard Rd belt

'Best Coffee- Gloria Jean- Orchard Cineleisure -"Its long black was the most aromatic, and at $3.80 a caup, it was reasonably priced.'

Best Place to surf web- Spinelli- The Heeren- 'Although many other places offer the same service, the comfortable chairs and ambience make it a winner.'

Best Place for Chat- Coffee Bean- Forum The Shopping Mall- "Isolated from the crowds in Orchard Rd while remaining close enough, you can see who's wearing what without being checked out yourself.'

Best Place to be seen- IndoChine- Wisma Atria- "With its music spilling onto the walkway and calming water features, it never fails to turn the heads of passers- by, which means you'll get plenty of attention in your seat.'

Coolest Joints- Outdoors Cafe/Bar- Gloria Jeans- Perankan Place/Cineleisure -"Gloria Jean's uses mist-fan. These outlets are completely sheltered so you dont need to wear sunblock to have a coffee"

Hottest Joints- Burger King- Liat Towers- "Its concrete outdoor tables are under direct sunlight. Many patrons end up sizzling hot, just like their patties."

Best Food Joint- Sante Fe All-American Tex-Mex Grill- Orchard Point- "This Mexican eatery deserves mention as it offers a more interesting variety of fare than the usual cakes and sandwiches and the quality is good"

Best Place to meet women- Spinelli- The Heeren

Best Place to meet en- Starbucks- Liat Towers- "It's hard to explain why guys hang out here, but maybe being next to a Burger King, which dishes out great-tasting greasy burgers, makes them feel at ease."

Best Place to people-watch- Cosmo-the-Bistro- Wisma Atria/The Heeren- "Cosmo, near the exit of busy Orchard MRT station is great for keeping an eye on passers-by. NYDC is a voyeur's dream, thanks to its strategic location which looks out to people crossing at the nearby traffic junction and walking out of the Heeren." The Sunday Times

:D :D Happy.99, Doutor is only found in japan, i think. Yap, Dotour, is my recommended cafe outlets in Tokyo! :thumb: :thumb:

>all

A cup of doutor in the morning, keeps me fresh through out the day. A cup of doutor in the afternoon makes me cum 2.5 times. :lol: . and a cup of doutor kopi at night....

Not sure if i have overrated it, but try for urself when u come tokyo ;)

i simply adore it since you brought me there and i tried the ice mocha. yum yum!!! all the time i passed by doutor, i didn't know it was that nice. and also tully cafe?? is it nice?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.