Male HQ

Meeting @ Joya Onsen Cafe

Joya onsen is funny... sauna not working no info at front desk, no notice, no news on FB, IG.... its social media platform...??? So that people will still go and pay the full price for facilities that are not working? I remember previously when heater sauna fixed immediately post on FB... why the inconsistency??? When not fixed it down, no news, no info, then when fixed wah immediately post the news is all well again... just be transparent, so that customers will know that they are genuine and not playing games with customers

Must be one of those tourisee new visitor guests they hv been lately promoting to lah! 😡

Then they shudn’t state such offending statements over visitors “vandalising’ the suana.

Being one of the regular visitors, I’ve honestly never witnessed any of us using the suana in such a way causing damage. How wud turning on the power switch (when off), sitting on the bench, and open/closing of the doors lead to vandalsim??? Any damage wud hv been attribute to,normal wear & tear!

1 hour ago, fifafom said:

Must be one of those tourisee new visitor guests they hv been lately promoting to lah! 😡

Then they shudn’t state such offending statements over visitors “vandalising’ the suana.

Being one of the regular visitors, I’ve honestly never witnessed any of us using the suana in such a way causing damage. How wud turning on the power switch (when off), sitting on the bench, and open/closing of the doors lead to vandalsim??? Any damage wud hv been attribute to,normal wear & tear!

maybe the person tried to pour water into the heater (or whatever it is) in the middle of the sauna...

2 hours ago, eminent82 said:

maybe the person tried to pour water into the heater (or whatever it is) in the middle of the sauna...

Yup. I get that other sauna maybe use fire or what so pour water is normal. But they are using electric sauna ma... how can pour water 

It’s a joke how Joya managed the male sauna.

1) They pasted a notice in the male sauna to request patrons to switch off the sauna when not in use.

But wait, doesn’t the faulty sauna already switching off by itself every 15min?

(And by the way, the sauna temperature never get above 45°C).

2) They also pasted 3 identical notices ON the upper deck benches, reminding customers not to “sit, lie, or stand” on the benches.

Then what? Are we supposed to sit on the floor? Or hang upside down on the ceiling like a bat?

The things Joya does never fail to amaze me. 

36 minutes ago, Forumer said:

It’s a joke how Joya managed the male sauna.

1) They pasted a notice in the male sauna to request patrons to switch off the sauna when not in use.

But wait, doesn’t the faulty sauna already switching off by itself every 15min?

(And by the way, the sauna temperature never get above 45°C).

2) They also pasted 3 identical notices ON the upper deck benches, reminding customers not to “sit, lie, or stand” on the benches.

Then what? Are we supposed to sit on the floor? Or hang upside down on the ceiling like a bat?

The things Joya does never fail to amaze me. 

If u hate that place so much, why go? 😂 pls save us some space for peace and quiet 🙏 go back to where u came from

Edited by Hotcaeks
On 4/20/2024 at 8:15 AM, MisterTan said:

Is joya better than the one at kallang wave? How the charge like?

I think the facilities at Yunomori at Kallang Wave Mall are better. It feels closer to a Japanese super sento and there's more variety of pools and there's a steam room in addition to a sauna. Joya basically has one big hot pool, a small cold pool, and a sauna. Joya sometimes feels like a warm public swimming pool, but it seems to be more popular now because Yunomori has increased their price and removed the one-for-one members' promotion. One thing that I do find somewhat inconvenient is Joya apparently only has a permit to build one toilet, that is outside the male and female areas and can only be used by one person at a time. So if you need to use the toilet, you must exit the male pool area altogether. I still like Joya for the price and would go again. 

The full day pass is $42, the Golden Hour promo (2-5 pm) is $30 and the after 7 pm promo is $22. 

Edited by David8
On 4/20/2024 at 10:18 PM, David8 said:

I think the facilities at Yunomori at Kallang Wave Mall are better. It feels closer to a Japanese super sento and there's more variety of pools and there's a steam room in addition to a sauna. Joya basically has one big hot pool, a small cold pool, and a sauna. Joya sometimes feels like a warm public swimming pool, but it seems to be more popular now because Yunomori has increased their price and removed the one-for-one members' promotion. One thing that I do find somewhat inconvenient is Joya apparently only has a permit to build one toilet, that is outside the male and female areas and can only be used by one person at a time. So if you need to use the toilet, you must exit the male pool area altogether. I still like Joya for the price and would go again. 

The full day pass is $42, the Golden Hour promo (2-5 pm) is $30 and the after 7 pm promo is $22. 

After 7pm seem good. Let me go check what time it closed.

For my recent visits...I couldn't believe those regulars who could spend hours in the sauna room! Total dedication to "relaxation and wellness" huh😅

Edited by Samuel Lim
Typo

𝓜𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓴 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼.