Male HQ

Taking 1-2 weeks to reply text messages + Texted few times over 1.5 mths but no reply… How long would you wait?(compiled)

Guest sighguy

Ask mod to merge your thread with other similar threads lo, that's what they love doing. 

Then you can find answers there, but note that the threads could be from year 2009 or 2015 era. Then nobody will reply you because of those stale threads. 

Guest Heylloooo

Mind sharing which app are you using to chat? I'm using telegram and this guy took forever to reply too. Like the Chinese saying goes, 热脸贴冷屁股 :(

Guest 犯賤冰冰
4 hours ago, Guest Six said:

Ask mod to merge your thread with other similar threads lo, that's what they love doing. 

Then you can find answers there, but note that the threads could be from year 2009 or 2015 era. Then nobody will reply you because of those stale threads. 

LOL

14 hours ago, Guest sighguy said:

its okay to take half a day or the entire day to reply cause we all got a life and work.

but taking more than 36hrs is just meh....

It is always that case when u love someone more than he love u. I also faced similar experiences recently, I changed, and just 2days ago he say I am too sticky.. beside all the good morning and goodnight I only text him once daily, when he busy nv reply I also nv say anything. Honestly it hurts, but I know this is only the case cos he don love me. Maybe we just need to learn and let go..

when someone care abt u he will surely reply u (don say sick or what)

On 1/24/2021 at 9:58 AM, Guest sighguy said:

its okay to take half a day or the entire day to reply cause we all got a life and work.

Are you referring to me?  You know I don't keep smart phone by my side 24/7 and I need some ME MOMENT at times.  I am a minimalist.  I thought you knew?

Guest 24 hours

Golden rule is within 24 hours. If he’s so busy that he can’t respond within 24 hours, you are not his priority or you allowed him to think you are not a priority and can wait 1000 years.

Guest Old bird

Initially, he's the one who always msg me and flatter me.

After we had our first sex, flattery became more sexual as he's always msg how he's thinking of my body and fucking me.

We had a few more sex. Slowly the msg became less frequent and replies took longer and longer. When I msg back that I missed him, he blocked me!!

It's not because he's not interested in my body. But because after we had sex and getting to know each other well, he realised I was a poor uncle. His attitude became unpleasant like he's only interested in my body.

I don't know when he unblocked me and send me seasons greetings. But I know he's hinting that he wanted sex. I blocked him instead. Uncle got the body you want, too bad.

I'm surprised that old uncle like me ever get caught in this kind of soap opera drama. Girl meets boy. Boy chased girl. Boy bedded girl. Girl give sex for love. Boy dumped girl. Girl got pregnant and sad orchestra strings play.

Luckily I don't get pregnant and can cut my losses. Come to recall about it, he did impregnate me the last few times when he joked that men don't get pregnant and took me raw. I did the token modest "NO, NO..."

I guess that's the beginning of the end.

7 minutes ago, Guest Old bird said:

Luckily I don't get pregnant and can cut my losses. Come to recall about it, he did impregnate me the last few times when he joked that men don't get pregnant and took me raw. I did the token modest "NO, NO..."

HUH? You not worry HIV and STDs instead think abt being pregnant? No wonder u are poor, you get your life priorities very wrong.

Guest Old bird
15 minutes ago, Ironrod said:

HUH? You not worry HIV and STDs instead think abt being pregnant? No wonder u are poor, you get your life priorities very wrong.

Of course I got my life priorities very wrong.

Never thought at that time, I'm using sex for love like the soap opera. I'm stupid to even think that "我已經是你的人了" for doing that. When it comes to matter of emotions, logic goes out the window especially when siok already. I'm surprised that I'm falling for this myself. Even more surprised that cliche soap opera drama can really happen to old uncle when he dumped me!!

Where got such thing happening to old uncle one huh? 

Watch this movie - pretty sums up your answer:

18 hours ago, Guest Old bird said:

Initially, he's the one who always msg me and flatter me.

After we had our first sex, flattery became more sexual as he's always msg how he's thinking of my body and fucking me.

We had a few more sex. Slowly the msg became less frequent and replies took longer and longer. When I msg back that I missed him, he blocked me!!

It's not because he's not interested in my body. But because after we had sex and getting to know each other well, he realised I was a poor uncle. His attitude became unpleasant like he's only interested in my body.

I don't know when he unblocked me and send me seasons greetings. But I know he's hinting that he wanted sex. I blocked him instead. Uncle got the body you want, too bad.

I'm surprised that old uncle like me ever get caught in this kind of soap opera drama. Girl meets boy. Boy chased girl. Boy bedded girl. Girl give sex for love. Boy dumped girl. Girl got pregnant and sad orchestra strings play.

I think this hasn't changed since the first time he messaged you. I would see this as a NSA hookup as an outsider.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 5:58 PM, Guest sighguy said:

Let's look at this in other ways...

1. He might have other commitments of higher priority

2. He has little emotional bandwidth for whatever reason

3. Worst case scenario: he's not that interested

a) he's looking for something/someone else

b) you were unable to capture his interest

Is there anything constructive you could do?

If it's 3.b), self-examine and see how you can switch things up.

If it's 1. to 3.a), then it's plain out of your control and you should simply acknowledge that he's not worth the agony.

Edited by daydreamingfish

On 1/24/2021 at 9:58 AM, Guest sighguy said:

Dont waste your time if u think its ok to make excuses for people who dont care about you. Do other normal people in your life take 36hrs to reply to your messages? Dont they have problems and committments as well?

He doesnt give a shit about you and is not afraid to rub that to your face. Either accept it that he has that control over you or move away before you get hurt.

If you have no market value, live with it. 

If you do, walkout of him.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 1 month later...
Guest newguy

he takes longer longer to text back.. from days to now weeks... would he just ghost me after awhile more???

should i just give up???

• G_M changed the title to he takes his time to reply my text.... (compiled)
1 hour ago, Guest newguy said:

he takes longer longer to text back.. from days to now weeks... would he just ghost me after awhile more???

should i just give up???

If you can find another cock bigger than his, give.

Else, llst.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• 1 month later...
Guest Mary
23 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

We met 3 weeks ago, and he haven’t texted or replied to me.. what are my chances? 

Why u dont ask him instead ? 

U sick u ask doc or your neighbour ? 

Guest Guest
37 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

We met 3 weeks ago, and he haven’t texted or replied to me.. what are my chances? 

met 3 weeks ago means what? go on a date?

normally on a date, its rather clear whether the other party is interested anot

Ass the hole saying goes,

He doesn't wanna be in you.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Don't feel bad, and brush it off.  We humans are selfish creatures,  and who knows how many higher priorities he has for himself.

If he hasn't replied, does this mean that you had tried to contact him?  If so, even if he likes you but is so unresponsive you don't want to have anything to do with him.  And if you haven't contacted him,  how about doing so?  You have nothing to lose.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Zero 

Guest Tom

The truth hurts. 

If he havent replied after a week, its time to give up.. nobody takes more than 1 week to reply if they are interested in the converstion, or even you.. 

Guest Interviewer
4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Give him time.  He has a long list of applicants he is going to meet, and some have already met (including you).  He needs time to shortlist the potential candidates and then choose the best  among you.  4 weeks later, give him a call to check whether you are successful. 

Guest sian
15 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Zero 

best not to be so absolute

i would say zero point 0001

He could have ended the date, got hit by a small space junk falling back to earth, and be in a coma since then.

In a few days, he may wake up and want to resume things

Guest Threadstarter

I really hope this is a case. The meeting was not bad, we laughed much.

however i texted ‘hi’ a couple of times but i had no replies. Saw him online too.

i just wanted fellow gaybros to tell me how long they would wait before i give up.

Guest Be prepared

Shortlisted candidate will be screwed, fucked and forced to suck cock until you get tired and wanted to leave again.

1 hour ago, Guest Threadstarter said:

I really hope this is a case. The meeting was not bad, we laughed much.

however i texted ‘hi’ a couple of times but i had no replies. Saw him online too.

i just wanted fellow gaybros to tell me how long they would wait before i give up.

Bro, seriously do let him go. Being online means he is not comatose or dead. We know it's painful to let go but it's gonna be more painful to wait like this with no outcome in sight.

If it's only after one meeting and you're already unable to let go, it doesn't bode well for you with future relationships. You could be terribly hurt.

Lift up your head high, bro. Tell yourself you're better than him, and better than that. It's his lost not yours. Reserve your liking for someone who appreciates you. You can do it bro. JIA YOU!

Had a somewhat similar predicament... we met 2 months back. Exchanged telegram contact... started with uncertainty but after few meet ups and almost daily chat ... was feeling comfortable with his presence and was ready to open up... then the responses from him getting less recently. Busy is the reason stated... ended with me keep requesting for meetup but its always waiting for him to be available... guess i not one of his commitment in his life after all. Regretted the day we exchanged contact actually....it hurts...Such is life i guess. Life of a gay man.... so i will continue my search.... for that special person who appreciate me for who i am. You will find yours too bro. 

49 minutes ago, auscent said:

While waiting

..go do things you enjoy

..go learn new things

..go contribute to society (because this brings long lasting joy)

In short, live the life that you want while waiting.

*LIKE*👍

this has to be one of BW’s most wholesome thread - the replies are encouraging.

yes OP, keep searching. We prioritise people who are important in our lives. If that has happen, its very hard that you’ll become their priority - sorry to burst any bubble. 

• 3 months later...

Depends on who is doing that. If that person is the kind who considers work to be his entire life, you will be surprise that there are people who doesn't need personal relationships with others. Even more so if he's a business owner. But if he is someone who is constantly having some sort of social activity with people, posting on IG etc, then yea, you've been ghosted or putting in the non-essential list.

Move on to more meaningful relationships with people who are willing to give you their time and attention. And stop trying to only give attention to guys you think are hot or attractive to you.

Guest Big shot
On 8/25/2021 at 9:07 AM, Guest Questionboy said:

Do you do that?

are you ok to be treated like that?

My boss didn't bother to reply at all.

Guest Messenger
On 8/25/2021 at 9:07 AM, Guest Questionboy said:

Do you do that?

are you ok to be treated like that?

Depends what is the message about.  Some message can be boring and time consuming. Others are significant and brief to the point.  If every day you asked someone rhetoric question like :Have you eaten?  How is your day?  I am bored, are you?,  What are you doing now?  What time you go to bed?  What is your lunch today?  Did you masturbate?  Do you miss me?  Do you love me?  What is your plan today.....yada yada... no end.   I would kill the guy if I meet him.

However, if you asked question like :   I am planning to go movie, do you want to join?   I saw a fight in the library, someone was injured look out for the news tonight.   The govt has just given out cash, you will get yours soon.  There is sales at certain warehouse, take note.   I found a lizard in my lunch, here is the pic.  I quitted my job and plan to go holiday.   I huge spider landed on my shoulder during hiking.    I love to see this kind of messages to make my day.

• G_M changed the title to Taking 1-2 weeks to reply text messages + Texted few times over 1.5 mths but no reply… How long would you wait?(compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic