Male HQ

Does eating Subway help to reduce weight?

Guest tummy

Eating subway does not help you lose weight unless you only choose a specific ingredient to eat. Major portion of subway is bread and it is carb that will make you fat if you eat too much. Eating the 6 inch bread make me extremely full and if i want to slim down i will just eat half or 3/4 of it. There are cookies and drinks that come with the meal package. If you eat those cookies and drink carbonated drinks it is a fast forward way to get fat also. The healthier option are all those vegetables and it is very low in calories.

On 11/29/2021 at 9:55 AM, singalion said:

Is there really a difference between subway and stuff'd?

Also note "impossible meat" contains higher saturated fats and:

The Impossible Meat is made from soy protein concentrate, coconut oil, sunflower oil, potato protein, methylcellulose, yeast extract, salt, gums, and water and additives, including vitamin B12, zinc, vitamin B6, thiamin (B1) and niacin. The impossible Meat is an ultra-processed food with many added ingredients . Also, the Impossible meat adds GMO (genetically modified organisms). While an Impossible meat is a good source of fiber, calcium and potassium, and they have zero cholesterol, they are high in saturated fats and sodium, both of which are linked to serious health issues like obesity, heart disease and high blood pressure.

Stuff'd comes also with these added sauces mostly containing fats like mayonnaise .. same as subway.

I have to laugh over the "impossible meat" name.   It may be impossible for me to eat this stuff.

I get plenty of vegetal protein with my lentils, who are full of it.  My other not impossible choice of animal protein is lean beef, chicken and turkey breasts, and whey protein powder.  Now after Thanksgiving I have like two weeks of turkey to eat.  But it's frozen, so I don't need to consume it fast.

I have hopes that soon the meat grown in the laboratory from biopsies of living animals will be produced by huge machines in industrial quantities.  Cows will be thankful that only a little piece of them is extracted, not their whole body eaten.  Poor animals!  It breaks my heart the tens of millions of cows killed yearly for our pleasure.  (this will also help the environment because cows contribute a good amount to the greenhouse effect gases.) 

Why not make your own ‘Subway’ at home! You will have full control over the ingredients and their associated calories. Hard boiled eggs are nutritious and 80 calories each only! Pair that up with some tomatoes, bran bread and loads of vege and you’ll have a good one to go. (Go easy on the dressing though) Weight loss is a tricky matter…. Gonna track your caloric inputs and outputs. (Many factors involved; but there’re online calculators to help; Try searching)

Eating Subway or anything other food marketed and perceived as "healthy" may not necessarily be so. It is important to read the ingredients and consume everything in moderation. You can eat all the Subways you want but if you top it with cheese, mayo, etc. it is not really helping. It's like having a bucket of KFC and then ordering Diet Coke to go along with it. 

Love. 

Try your best to master the knowledge of Food science to help you to decide the foods and beverages to acquired the results of desired fitness.

For a start , talk to your nutritionist and family doctors. Subsequently, read and plan your diet.  

Then, monitor the diet and periodically check your progress by investing a weight scale, oximeter and BP measure machine. 

Adjust your health and diet programme,  life style based on these data. 

Hope this helps. 

Subway is a healthier choice but you must know what ingredients your body needed. Feed it. 

Edited by GKS

On 12/2/2021 at 12:12 PM, doncoin said:

Eating Subway or anything other food marketed and perceived as "healthy" may not necessarily be so. It is important to read the ingredients and consume everything in moderation. You can eat all the Subways you want but if you top it with cheese, mayo, etc. it is not really helping. It's like having a bucket of KFC and then ordering Diet Coke to go along with it. 

Yes, traditional Coke that matches well with "chicken" from KFC, all fried in who knows what recycled lard, and surrounded by multiple layers of bread crumbs is not healthy, so let's order DIET Coke,  and perhaps something with a healthy slice of tomato and a crumpled lettuce leaf. :lol:   

On 12/2/2021 at 1:51 PM, GKS said:

Try your best to master the knowledge of Food science to help you to decide the foods and beverages to acquired the results of desired fitness.

For a start , talk to your nutritionist and family doctors. Subsequently, read and plan your diet.  

Then, monitor the diet and periodically check your progress by investing a weight scale, oximeter and BP measure machine. 

Adjust your health and diet programme,  life style based on these data. 

Hope this helps. 

Subway is a healthier choice but you must know what ingredients your body needed. Feed it. 

Good suggestions.  But an even better one is to shop in the grocery store the unprocessed foods that we learn are good for us.  Then, with love and care prepare the foods with very simple recipes that make the food easy to eat.  It may not taste great, but with time our taste accommodates to the simple food, and we learn to enjoy it.   Cows and horses would surely enjoy eating what is available at fast food stores, but they are very happy eating grass and hey. 

Ah, and family doctors or any doctors will never volunteer to give nutrition information.  This is below their dignity!  This we have to learn from books about optimum nutrition and the Internet. :) 

On 12/2/2021 at 6:50 PM, singalion said:

For my case if I eat sandwich at the office, then I just prepare myself in the morning and a few days will just add a bit of sour cream and spices.

On 12/3/2021 at 1:52 AM, Pubic01 said:

Why not make your own ‘Subway’ at home! You will have full control over the ingredients and their associated calories. Hard boiled eggs are nutritious and 80 calories each only! Pair that up with some tomatoes, bran bread and loads of vege and you’ll have a good one to go. (Go easy on the dressing though) Weight loss is a tricky matter…. Gonna track your caloric inputs and outputs. (Many factors involved; but there’re online calculators to help; Try searching)

What I said...

On 12/4/2021 at 6:02 PM, kidster said:

Which is a more healthier option?

1. Ayam Brand Tuna Mayonnaise - Light
  2. Ayam Brand Tuna Chunks - Olive Oil (Light)
  3. Ayam Brand Tuna Flakes - Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Omega 3)

Is there any salad sauce that is healthy? 

You did not mention for what purpose?

The healthiest is Tuna chunks in Water.

The brand doesn't matter. What you should look out for is that the tuna is fished in an environmentally friendly manner without using huge nets that kill dolphins or other sea animals.

https://foodprint.org/blog/what-can-canned-tuna-labels-tell-you-about-sustainability/

For the Salad sauce, the healthiest is Olive Oil Extra Virgin (first pressing).

There are other healthy options but mostly very expensive to buy in Singapore such as pumpkin seed oil.

On 12/8/2021 at 1:12 PM, tomcat said:

yes 100% spot on. the kebab is real meat, not glued. and they are proud of it, which is why we can see the meat fibres and natural composition of ligament when they slice it. correct also for the sauce. i usually take habanero, which is a mexican spicy sauce with no sugar. most sauces use sugar. when i do eat subway, i take no sauce but extra tomatoes so its more juicy.

and lastly, at Stuff'd you can add beans for extra protein. this is the best hack to make it extra filling and also if you are trying to maintain protein intake. 2 sources of protein in one easy meal, for under 10. that's a good deal.

Just for info:

The Habanero sauce from Stuff'd has sugar though! actually one of the higher sugar contents. (Worst on sugar are Mustard and Sweet Thai Chilly for the sauces)

I wrote before:

On 12/3/2021 at 3:04 PM, singalion said:

The Habanero sauce option is low on fat but has some sugar. I m not sure how they count the sugar content. One other sauce is low on fat but quite high on sugar, same for the Thai chilli sauce.

But lowest kcal for all sauces due to the low fat content.

Habanero

Energy [kcal]  14.8
Total Fat [g]  0.08
Saturated Fat [g]  0
Sodium [mg]  317.12
Carbohydrates [g]  3.28
Protein [g]  0.4
Dietary Fibres [g]  0.32
Cholesterol [mg]  0
Sugars [g]  1.44

On 12/8/2021 at 1:21 PM, tomcat said:

I get what you mean. just take it with a pinch of salt. i won't take advice from someone who looks like him anyway.

not to be ageist or discriminatory, but the proof of health is in the body and vitality. if he knows what he is talking about, he will not look like THAT.

some keyboard warriors only know how to type but are shit IRL. and obviously, from reading the replies, there is some jealousy around you thrown in. as some of it is more personal and targetted, compared to his other drivel that he spray over everyone. i guess, some people just want to be hated.

maybe that's the only way for them to get any real attention in their lives. i just stop responding, say a prayer and move on. 

(no doubt, he will still read this, like the junkie he is.)

Thanks for that. But that is why I only come into the Main forum section once a week to get away from the toxicity. Though I saw your reply prompt.

In fact I wrote a long rant of sort to your reply and again one wrong click of the 'back' mouse button, the forum page skip backward, and I lost everything heh. Gaming mouse too sensitive buttons and BlowingWind's cache feature did not capture the cache or lost it as I click the wrong button going a page forward heh. Suffice to say it all gone and I am too tired to write it all again.

Health is a big topic and nothing to sneeze about. To use it as a means to prop yourself up as the know-it-all just so you score popularity points here is just not right. You can share ideas as indicators or directions readers can take to go seek relevant answer(s), but to make claims or repeat misguided claims without much supported proof, that is not good. Especially if you have no clear idea what you think you know is right. Most times, advices require people to take weeks or months of regular practicing or purchase to results or to heal, thus imagine to only find out in the end, nothing come of it or cause medical problems. Who is held responsible for dispensing bad advices?

Some folks here has been inside the forum for too long and every day glued to it. They need to take a break from it but we know what an addict is like. Social Media, like FOOD, too much time on it, is just as bad, health-wise.

Anyway, thread starter did not ask if health was part of the issue. All he asked was Does eating Subway help to reduce weight? heheh

And if I were to answer him, it's YES and NO. It all depend on what he orders to eat, what partition he eats depending on and his activity to work or not work off eating there. The real answer is made up of so many components if he truly wants to know the answer and how this will affect his life. I dare say, I can eat every day at Subway or even McDonald and still lose weight. But also have to understand, loosing weight can have nothing to do with the health part. All he asked was can you lose weight eating at Subway. heh.. Now if he is also implying that is has to include healthy as part of that equation, then the answer has be dealt with deeper. Places like YouTube has tons of information to dive into to learn all you can and then make up your own mind once you are finish spend a few months on it but you will learn more there than in here.  But you need to do the leg work. Great things in life do not come cheap, free and in short-cuts. Learning about your body, food type and why exercise is important to all human life form is crucial to helping you stay healthy and away from medical problems.

Like it did for me. I am in the process of reversing my diabetes after all these decades of misguided doctors dispensing nutritional instructions. Thankfully. And what I have learned and adopted even stumped doctors I made regular visited who generally cut-and-paste what they learned in books. How many do you think goes back to update what they know? Many don't or have the time or want to. Doctors are Human too. There are, as I said, more FUCKERY out there then you think.. and it is just as bad here. That was what I was getting at.

Anyone who have concern with food and what to take and why, what to avoid including all the so-called nutritional information, I can tell you, till you learn the breakdown of food, what the basic bio-nutirient group of carbohydrate, fat and protein does to your body, how it is used in you...etc and what form of exercise to do, you will always be making misinformed practices that if not harm you, will also keep you needlessly medicated wasting money or some stupid money grabbing shortcut to health wonder drug or workout routine. Trust me when I say, there are a lot of half-truths to outright lies out there in the white noise.

A PERSON IN A WHITE LAB COAT with a Stethoscope around his neck does not mean they know everything or half of what they're talking about or sprouting at you some MARKETING BS to sell you drug, food or lifestyle. That includes some harebrain ideas even if there are good ones sprouting here.

If you can stand my long rant unlike my toxic BW stalkers? Then ask me. I try my best to give you the facts as I understood them from my own journey to feeling much better the last few years. And that's without having to mention a single brand or a site to sell you something. Just your regular food and things in your normal neighborhood. Since turning to keto as my initial startup and then move on to a more Protein-focus flexi-Keto Diet where I moderate my Fat too as well as Carb and pay more attention to Protein. That is where you need to understand them to make it work. To be honest, I am not even going to call it Keto as I have gone beyond that and into understanding the breakdown of food and how it relates to my own particular body.

I am never one to play TRIBAL POLITICS HERE or ANYWHERE. I know there are those who just live for it for some stupid narcissistic reason, like they do in the Cultural War in ANG MO LAND. Even if you are opposed to my view or 'party' you think I belong to, I am all about helping when I can, and I defend or will fight anyone so long I know what I am believing in is true. Importantly, I never claim the final say. It's just my POV.  I do not hold biases. If I know nothing on a topic, I shut the hell up and just listen and maybe learn something. If we can help each other and be grounded, so much the better. I do not tear another one's view down (unless it is truly hideously misleading) to make me look or feel good. Good when facts presented helps everyone make better choices. Play tribal games else where as I will not bite.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Young Sweet Thing
On 12/8/2021 at 9:24 PM, Balestier said:

Whats the sugar from the sauces compared to the sugar in ur kopi or cakes ??

Enjoy yr food !!

Anything that is not sweet, you are safe to go.  I include Stevia in the list too.  Nature created sweet things to age your DNA and aids renewal and recyling of living things, so that it continue to thrive and not overloading the earth at the same time.  Are you scare yet?

On 12/11/2021 at 6:32 PM, Guest Young Sweet Thing said:

Anything that is not sweet, you are safe to go.  I include Stevia in the list too.  Nature created sweet things to age your DNA and aids renewal and recyling of living things, so that it continue to thrive and not overloading the earth at the same time.  Are you scare yet?

I rather go for raw brown sugar than artificial sweeteners that is cancer causing in the long run.

On 12/11/2021 at 6:32 PM, Guest Young Sweet Thing said:

On 12/11/2021 at 6:58 PM, Balestier said:

I rather go for raw brown sugar than artificial sweeteners that is cancer causing in the long run.

🤦‍♂️…so many online ‘scientists’ and ‘doctors’ sharing their bs online 

On 12/11/2021 at 6:04 PM, upshot said:

Thanks for that. But that is why I only come into the Main forum section once a week to get away from the toxicity. Though I saw your reply prompt.

In fact I wrote a long rant of sort to your reply and again one wrong click of the 'back' mouse button, the forum page skip backward, and I lost everything heh. Gaming mouse too sensitive buttons and BlowingWind's cache feature did not capture the cache or lost it as I click the wrong button going a page forward heh. Suffice to say it all gone and I am too tired to write it all again.

Health is a big topic and nothing to sneeze about. To use it as a means to prop yourself up as the know-it-all just so you score popularity points here is just not right. You can share ideas as indicators or directions readers can take to go seek relevant answer(s), but to make claims or repeat misguided claims without much supported proof, that is not good. Especially if you have no clear idea what you think you know is right. Most times, advices require people to take weeks or months of regular practicing or purchase to results or to heal, thus imagine to only find out in the end, nothing come of it or cause medical problems. Who is held responsible for dispensing bad advices?

Some folks here has been inside the forum for too long and every day glued to it. They need to take a break from it but we know what an addict is like. Social Media, like FOOD, too much time on it, is just as bad, health-wise.

Anyway, thread starter did not ask if health was part of the issue. All he asked was Does eating Subway help to reduce weight? heheh

And if I were to answer him, it's YES and NO. It all depend on what he orders to eat, what partition he eats depending on and his activity to work or not work off eating there. The real answer is made up of so many components if he truly wants to know the answer and how this will affect his life. I dare say, I can eat every day at Subway or even McDonald and still lose weight. But also have to understand, loosing weight can have nothing to do with the health part. All he asked was can you lose weight eating at Subway. heh.. Now if he is also implying that is has to include healthy as part of that equation, then the answer has be dealt with deeper. Places like YouTube has tons of information to dive into to learn all you can and then make up your own mind once you are finish spend a few months on it but you will learn more there than in here.  But you need to do the leg work. Great things in life do not come cheap, free and in short-cuts. Learning about your body, food type and why exercise is important to all human life form is crucial to helping you stay healthy and away from medical problems.

Like it did for me. I am in the process of reversing my diabetes after all these decades of misguided doctors dispensing nutritional instructions. Thankfully. And what I have learned and adopted even stumped doctors I made regular visited who generally cut-and-paste what they learned in books. How many do you think goes back to update what they know? Many don't or have the time or want to. Doctors are Human too. There are, as I said, more FUCKERY out there then you think.. and it is just as bad here. That was what I was getting at.

Anyone who have concern with food and what to take and why, what to avoid including all the so-called nutritional information, I can tell you, till you learn the breakdown of food, what the basic bio-nutirient group of carbohydrate, fat and protein does to your body, how it is used in you...etc and what form of exercise to do, you will always be making misinformed practices that if not harm you, will also keep you needlessly medicated wasting money or some stupid money grabbing shortcut to health wonder drug or workout routine. Trust me when I say, there are a lot of half-truths to outright lies out there in the white noise.

A PERSON IN A WHITE LAB COAT with a Stethoscope around his neck does not mean they know everything or half of what they're talking about or sprouting at you some MARKETING BS to sell you drug, food or lifestyle. That includes some harebrain ideas even if there are good ones sprouting here.

If you can stand my long rant unlike my toxic BW stalkers? Then ask me. I try my best to give you the facts as I understood them from my own journey to feeling much better the last few years. And that's without having to mention a single brand or a site to sell you something. Just your regular food and things in your normal neighborhood. Since turning to keto as my initial startup and then move on to a more Protein-focus flexi-Keto Diet where I moderate my Fat too as well as Carb and pay more attention to Protein. That is where you need to understand them to make it work. To be honest, I am not even going to call it Keto as I have gone beyond that and into understanding the breakdown of food and how it relates to my own particular body.

I am never one to play TRIBAL POLITICS HERE or ANYWHERE. I know there are those who just live for it for some stupid narcissistic reason, like they do in the Cultural War in ANG MO LAND. Even if you are opposed to my view or 'party' you think I belong to, I am all about helping when I can, and I defend or will fight anyone so long I know what I am believing in is true. Importantly, I never claim the final say. It's just my POV.  I do not hold biases. If I know nothing on a topic, I shut the hell up and just listen and maybe learn something. If we can help each other and be grounded, so much the better. I do not tear another one's view down (unless it is truly hideously misleading) to make me look or feel good. Good when facts presented helps everyone make better choices. Play tribal games else where as I will not bite.

I practice what I preach. Always. And my own personal journet to being healthier and taking control of my own life from even Doctors who did not do a good job of advicing me and all they know it, blood sugar or glucose is high so MORE PILLS, STICK TO EATING THE NUTRITIONAL FOOD BASE ON THE FOOD PYRAMID..blah blah balh..

Note" I am not trying to be a body builder. I am also not trying to just get big to show abs and all that. ALL I AM DOING was to help me improve on my diabetes and get rid of all the side effect and problems..including Erectile Dysfunction if ever that can be reversed. But in doing so after over a year and introducing weight training at home only, I reverse my diabetes, half my medications are dropped and a good side effect for me is I look bigger and more stronger and more energy. YOU CAN TOO. It just take knowing more information by doing some legwork, eating right but not need to be Anal MUST BE THIS OR THAT KIND OF VEGAN OR FIRST CLASS MEAT... be realistic. The sad fact is eating really healthy, the poor will never see that happening. EVER. So you learn to pick and choose what you can eat, what to moderate and learn to give certain things up or eat them...including junk food in low moderation. Trying to give up cold turkey is NEVER going to work. Trust me. Diet stories of high failures are all too common. It is easier to ease off it and enjoy a bit of it. Know your body and tune it accordingly. We all can not share the exact same FORMULA (but only in general) to getting healthier or slimmer for example. We all begin at different starting points within our own body type and afflicted set of pre-condition issues. For me, I have diabetes and for a certain period of time, so my solution is likely not the same as another person who might be with a overweight issue or someone who is skinny and want to gain weight...etc.

So we have to be careful as to what information we embrace to help ourselves or someone. I have tons of links to very good starters video on food, fitness..etc These are all YT influencers I followed for years, use what they dicuss about and do my own research and used them to help me get answers to feeling better. I can share that. Do not get too anal with numbers on ingredient labels on packets and all that crap.INCLUDING YOUR APPLE WATCH. Food Insiders will tell you, ingredient list declaration are not accurate to about 20-alost 30% of what they claim. Govt and authority bodies that monitor and demand producers making food, snacks and drink get the information to about that general figure you see.

So if you are still putting on weight and swear you are only eating as much as what that product box claim as it's content volume. You are misled. And yes your Apple Watch or whatever android watch, that data it is monitoring is also NOT ACCURATE to as much as 20-25% and some even more. Makes you feel good but do nothing for you as an accurate monitor. No one is a robot. Be careful what you listen to for things to follow to get you fitter, leaner, slimmer or healthier. As I said, no shortcut. And also NO FAST WAY to build muscle or gain weight in a healthy fashion. You body takes time to heal, repair, to grow or to shrink. That's the way it is. Just share with you my JOURNEY when I took action to start tweaking my healthy as of last year. Look at the date stamp to see how I had my physical change, which I documented to help keep me motivated till today. It's nothing sex or special but just an old guy approaching 60 but am happy I got this far and hoping to see where I will be in another year's time. I wish you guys looking to improve your well-being good luck doing it. Especially the older guys. Pay close attention to your protein. You need it more than  anyone is telling you and after age 30yrs, you actually need to add more as your body slow down and is less effective in deriving the benefits of proteins. You are not skinny when you are an old man because that is the way it is, it is because your body start to now be good at digesting the macro nutients from the food you eat that causes it and you might not mind it but there are other bad effects that takes place too. Ask me about sometime.

*Okie abit cheeky with the first photo in laced shit during one of my kinky moments  heheeheh..

getting fitter 2019 to Dec 2021 lower.jpg

Wish I could have bigger chest build up but I do not have a bench press at home heheh. Also, as most body builders will tell you. You CAN NOT just life some light weight and do a hundred of rep with it to build muscle. You have to do what they call Lift TILL FAILURE to stimulate your muscle to grow. Having more muscle does not mean you start looking like Arnold Terminator. It is not as easy to build big then you think. But build enough muscle will help you burn fat better and even allow you to eat more. There are many good effects to having a stronger body without looking like some Mr Universe.

To build 'adequate' muscle to displace fat and lose weight, you also need to look into protein intake, beside watching your Fat and Carb intake. You need to eat about 1.8g X your lean body weight for basic protein 'maintenance' and if you want to build muscle then at least consume 2-2.4g X lean body weight. AND as you age, add another 1.5% for every year after age 30yrs old.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:07 AM, fab said:

Eating where is not the issue 

Eating what, is the issue.

Good answer and very true.

Guest McDonald Lover
On 12/18/2021 at 10:08 PM, Steve5380 said:

I have no doubts that with my excellent health I run no risks whatsoever.  .  And for me, it passes very happily. :thumb:

I am sorry to contradict you about resting being good for the elderly.  It is NOT!  Especially for the elderly, we .  A satisfaction about how well I have my health and my life in control.   I hope you can reach this state too.

Ok, we take it at face value with a bit of skeptism, a pinch of salt,  sprinkling of doubts,  teaspoon of disbelief, and consume it in portion of cynicism.  Very healthy indeed.

For the "Non-Smarty-Ass-Pants" here who don't care for the BS forum-warring verbal gibberish :P and just want some clues as to where I am coming from and willing to learn a science, history and maybe get an idea as to why parts of the food and health industry in the world is as crazy and unsafe, I have curated from my own collection, links to videos that 'might' help get your 'feet wet'.

From there, go find out more in depth, compare their claims, compare them to what you were taught or know is the 'normal' practice, if updated datas are true, verify the details by reading certified citations or white papers and peer-reviews links, and then judge for yourself thir authenticity as ther are a lot of misleading information floating out there.

Yes even 'Experts' (on and off internet), can Bullshit you if it helps them make more profit in ways, you never saw it coming in the food you put in your mouth every single day. Ignorance and human gullible nature are their weapon. TRUST BUT VERIFY. But you can't without first understanding the basics.

If it's too many hours learning, (like in school) to LEARN how-to-eat-or-workout AGAIN? Then don't watch. Forget it. How much do you value well-being? Just go about your life, keep doing what you have always done, and pray everything will be fine as it can be for you. You live, you die. Story ended.

Even if you pay some 'expert' to teach, train and plan what you need to do, how sure are you they are doing the right thing for you? Because you pay money? They have some 'CERT' hanging on the wall, and you see them in person in front of you and can touch?  :P Like we have never seen con-man reported in news before? heheh.

YOU MIGHT SAY.. This information I share links are all from the West, this nothing to do with SINGAPORE. But look around you, how much of what we eat or do evolve from us adopting western practices, rules, and culture? So many things we buy or eat are linked there from what we learn, love and want from the west. So whatever information that concern them, concern us here in one form or another. The world is getting smaller every day.

The Unifying Theory of Nutrition | Brian Sanders
Food is four things: protein, carbohydrates, fat, and micronutrients. The protein and the micronutrients are your building blocks, so this is what you need to focus on. Fat and carbohydrates are your fuel sources, so you need to lean on one and really don't want mix those. The sweet spot is when you're able to get enough of the building blocks while not getting too much of the fuel source. Here is our takeaway and a key principle of the Sapien Diet: focus on protein, embrace fat, and minimize carbs.  https://youtu.be/-tAFIe_vDUc

How the Government Made Us Fat And Sick!
https://youtu.be/iZnNvll2-yI

How Big Government Backed Bad Science Made Americans Fat

https://youtu.be/kEc-x7jrvMQ

How the Government Made You Fat
Ever since the introduction of the Food Pyramid in the early '90s, the average American has gotten fatter and sicker. Has this government-approved nutritional guideline — the basis of the modern “healthy diet” — led us astray? How did this happen, and what can we learn from it? Cardiologist Dr. Bret Scher offers some food for thought on this very weighty issue.  https://youtu.be/Q7vJZAYoFPk

How We Got the Science of Weight Loss Wrong - with Giles Yeo
All of the calorie counts you see  on food today are wrong. Obesity researcher Giles Yeo shows why calories are not created equal.

https://youtu.be/GQJ0Z0DRumg

How the Body Uses Fuel By Dr. Benjamin Bikman Ph.D.
The food we eat provides energy for us to go about our daily activities and is made up of three primary macronutrients: Protein, carbohydrate, and fat. Our bodies are designed to use both carbohydrate and fat for energy. The ability to switch between these macronutrients is called: metabolic flexibility.  https://youtu.be/3eMWbmXYuHw

How the Body Uses Protein vs Energy by Dr. Ted Naiman MD
The macronutrient ratio of the standard American diet is out of whack, and so are our bodies.Through the development of agriculture, protein in our diet has gone down, and energy consumption has gone up.
https://youtu.be/dQJ2y-s4I6k

Weight Loss, Health, and Fitness - Dr. Ted Naiman is a board-certified Family Medicine physician practicing in the Seattle area. He’s seen about 100,000 patients over the past 20 years and has drawn a lot of conclusions from his observations as well as from the scientific literature.  https://youtu.be/U6hx2k69V8s

What's your carbohydrate tolerance?You may have heard the term "carb tolerance," but do you know what it is and how to measure it?
https://youtu.be/pJ3gZyw2kb0

SURPRISING SCIENCE On How To ACTUALLY Burn Body Fat! | Dr. Benjamin Bikman. (This guy was also a resident scientist at Duke Universitie in Singapore recently years) I like his scie tific reesearch on diabetes and insulin.
https://youtu.be/TfSJFPu50_A

Dr. Ben Bikman on the Secret Tool for Burning Fat, Protein, & Metabolism - Peak Human podcast. (This guy was also a resident scientist at Duke University in Singapore)
https://youtu.be/rdlIDcojpQ4

Discussions of Lifelong Health with Dr. Ted Naiman
https://youtu.be/jyqSYywwHO8

Surprising symptoms related to metabolism + why glucose may rise on keto (Ben Bikman & Casey Means)  Levels Chief Medical Officer, Casey Means, MD and Levels advisor, Ben Bikman, PhD dive deep into discussion related to research on the relationship between insulin resistance and disorders of the ear nose and throat, the role of glucagon in raising our glucose on a low carb diet, Dr. Bikman's research, and ways to improve insulin resistance. 

https://youtu.be/szGl8F1zl6I

The $100 Billion Dollar Ingredient making your Food Toxic

https://youtu.be/rQmqVVmMB3k

Can You Trust The Calorie Counts On Food Labels?
Can you trust a nutrition label? How accurate are they, and how do you measure calories?

https://youtu.be/udjBGCJ24QI

The Truth Behind Calorie Labels
https://youtu.be/hE2lna5Wxuo

WHY Sugar is as Bad as Alcohol (Fructose, The Liver Toxin)

https://youtu.be/f_4Q9Iv7_Ao

Do Calories Matter? Is a Calorie a Calorie? (Science of Weight Gain)

https://youtu.be/zcMBm-UVdII

The Story of Fat: Why we were Wrong about Health
https://youtu.be/5S6-v37nOtY

Protein is not protein. Here's why
https://youtu.be/hJNF2_dCWkg

How come people haven't heard that meat is healthy?
https://youtu.be/vYujWXVQoEo

Dr. Peter Ballerstedt - 'When is 'Protein' NOT Protein?'
https://youtu.be/-VY8YNhEpXw

I use this online app to track food type I eat to get a ROUGH idea of their Macro & Micro Nutrient value to see what I eat if it is good for me depending on my day of activities. You do NOT need to join or pay for the month subscription, but simple use it to enter the name of the product, and it will try to find data on it. Now what I like, it actually has some LOCAL brands too and local food. It might not be 100% accurate and also the weight base might be not exactly to what amount you are eating as packaged or bundled. You can input words like 'hawker' Chee Cheong Fun for example  to deepen the search. They will give you a list to reference or compare, and you use that to get as close to what you eat to see its nutritional breakdown. Give it a try to see how it works. And if you understand the breakdown of the nutrients, this WILL BE USEFUL to planning what you eat. Just put your food in the space next to the MAGNIFYING GLASS.

https://www.myfitnesspal.it/food/search

Everything I shared, because I want to help. I am selling you nothing. I make no profit, nor do I steer you to sign up a scheme or selling you how you SHOULD do it MY WAY. Just personal opinions and alternative options to know more so you can help yourself and hopefully save you time, trouble, and money.

We are strangers in the forum, I get no fame, no agenda, no prize or get hookups, in case some people here think I have a motive or so free a time to waste doing all this. But I would be worry if something bad happens by bad information I shared, so I try my best to offer only good ones I trust and tried. After this, I SHUT THE FUCK UP and not say more.

Be Well.

Edited by upshot

On 11/25/2021 at 7:59 PM, Guest tummy said:

I need to get rid of my tummy from snacking too much when I was working from home. Can't fit into my formal pants now.

Gained 5kg since Covid started. 

Any other faster and easier solutions? 

When the body receives a balanced required nutrients, it will bring about an ideal weight of a person. Subway is healthy fast food. The ingredients are made up from the food cart and is wholesome.

Snacking is the culprit and especially taking supper can result in unhealthy weight gain.

On 11/25/2021 at 7:59 PM, Guest tummy said:

I need to get rid of my tummy from snacking too much when I was working from home. Can't fit into my formal pants now.

Gained 5kg since Covid started. 

Any other faster and easier solutions? 

I think most people are anchoring so much on subway and overlook the bigger picture in life. One needs to differentiate a food and a diet. Anything can be good or bad, its just a matter of how often and how much you eat it. 

The key here is reduce weight. As long as the amount of calories consumed is lesser than what is expanded, surely you will lose weight. I would not be concerned so much about the amount of weight loss, but its a matter of sustainable loss. Many instances, we observed a Nike's "tick", where weight loss occurs quickly but its put back on over time.

As sustainability is key, we should be looking at what is do-able for you. If you can see yourself eating subway as a form of diet and not food over months or even years, then you probably would lose weight. However, ask yourself if that is how you would want to lead your life. Life is short, be merry and enjoy the other food. Balance is key and don't restrict yourself to just one type of food/diet.

Based on what you posted, it seems likely to have less caloric expenditure. take time off your busy schedule to go for walks, exercise and stay away from your computer. These will help contribute to daily caloric expenditure and would be key steps in ensuring a change in sedentary behaviour. The journey may be a challenge if you are not accustomed to routine physical activity, but starting from daily walks, climbing stairs, or even increasing the amount of manual housework you do, could be a good start for you.

No short cuts, all hard work, but lets take baby steps at a time. Your efforts would pay off. 

The interesting part of the heading is "does eating subway help to reduce weight".

The is no perfect answer for this as each individual will react differently from the food we intake. Some may gain some weight from having just a slice of pizza but another person may seen no difference after polishing a whole large sized pizza.

If you have a structural diet and you, yourself, knowing what food, sauce, ingredients after many years of try and error in which may cause you to just gain that 100grams, then my advise to you is try to omit and eat them as little as possible. 

But life is full of unknown expectancy, so don't dwell too much on it. That subway meal can really be possible be your last meal.

Having happy mood meals, moderate amount of exercises, well maintained stress level, comfortable social life, self contentment, even eating Macdonald's can help to reduce weight....LOL

Just go with the flow and enjoy your meal. 

Guest Me, the Twiinky

Kept seeing this thread bumping up.  May be,  I will try subway this week.  Not like I am eating it everyday.  Besides, I am a twink, no harm giving myself a treat in fast food chain.

• 4 months later...

I would not recommend doing the subway diet. It doesn't help you lose weight, and trust me, I have tried it for quite some time. It'll be around 600 calories plus the mayonnaise. Mayo is hard to estimate, but it's probably at least still a tablespoon, if not more - so probably around 700-800 total calories in a sandwich. I have been making my sandwiches for about a month now—one for lunch and one for dinner. I can track exactly how many calories are in each one. My regular sandwich is whole grain bread, two ounces of turkey, and two slices of pepper jack cheese. I use mustard and sriracha to liven it up, and I avoid the mayo. These sandwiches end up at around 400 calories. After checking the smart scale, I have lost about 19 pounds since the start of this diet.

Edited by normalcai

Guest Rabbit

I try to eat colorful vegetables everyday. Preferably raw.   Wrap different color vegetables onto a sushi wrap. and drink vegetable juice.  Help me to pang sai smoothly

On 12/8/2021 at 9:24 PM, Balestier said:

Whats the sugar from the sauces compared to the sugar in ur kopi or cakes ??

Enjoy yr food !!

True the sugar is negligible but not the salt.

It healthier to learn to appreciate the natural taste of the food. Or do consider any spices other than salt.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.