Male HQ

All about handphones - Yr 1st, yr memorable, yr favourite & yr current

Guest Handphone junkie

Guest Handphone junkie

My first was Ericsson T10, the blue flip hand phone that I bought after NS ORD and just entering the workforce earning my 1st paycheck.. Yup.. that i'm...  that old... Anyway, was excited about it cos I had been using pager previously and couldn't afford the Dai Kor Dor handset n the past.. Having a handphone was an asset as it facilitated  communications with my ex-s and sex buddies, way more convenient  than using pagers and public payphones.. 

Side note: Nokia handphones were in vogue in the 2000s especially the 88XX series but I couldn't afford  them cos they were too expensive for me.. 

My most memorable was Sony Ericsson T610, my first camera phone which was very exciting cos camera phones were a novelty then and the rage when they first came out.. People were thrilled about having the option  to take pics with their handpones.. there were also concerned about privacy and security issues then which are very  apparent now as we see people using them for  illegal activities  e,g. taking spy shots of people showering or reliving themselves.. Camera phones also led to the flourishing of selfies and Instagram.. 

My favourite is Samsung S3 which was my best loved smartphone then. It as fast and had many smartphone features, the screen estate was huge and the interface was good. I appreciated it much probably because my previous Internet browsing handphone was Nokia E66 which had a small screen estate and text entry was still based  on the physical keypad which make web browsing difficult. Samsung S3 marked my 1st transition from physical keypad to a touch pad one. 

Samsung S3 impressed me so much that I have been a Samsung user since which led to my current handphone which is Samsung S21.. 

What about yours ?

I remember Nokia 3210 3310...sms..mms.....created tones using keypads haha I was quite popular as most of my friends always ask me to send them ringtones..every week have top up my card haha..most actually pay to download haha I am not a supporter for payment love to create from scratch haha why pay when can get it for free or do it yourself haha 

So I guess as the years gone by.... technology really involve and it is all touch screen....

Back then i have used quite a few Nokia phones. Samsung also but never owned a Ericsson phone, even though it was very popular during that time. So far i like nokia 8210 the best cause i like small and sleek phone.

1. Samsung SGH-600 was my very first handphone: a voice-activated phone that was considered relatively advance in its era.

2. My most memorable phone should be Nokia 8250 and its related series as they were the most customisable phones back then: plenty of cool third-party cases to change; many ways to download and compose your favourite polyphonic ring tones.

3. Favourite one should be earlier generation of iPhones as they were leading smartphones in terms of touch-screen capability, intuitive interface and apps. Obviously, android phones subsequently overtake and outperform them.

4. Current phone is still an iPhone as I am so used to its interface. 😁

Be cool, like a breeze...

My first phone was the Nokia 6110 in 1998.

Most memorable phone was the Sony Ericsson T68i in 2001, as it was my first colour screen phone, although it was only with a  resolution of 101*80 and 256 colours. Very different from today's full HD (1920*1080) and 16.8 million colours. It also one of the mobile phone that comes with an add-on cam module where camera are not standard-issue yet.

Currently using iPhone 13PM and Note 20U.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.